Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
horlads is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Aso Savings and Loans

Quote:
Originally Posted by horlads View Post
The forecast is for March to December 2011 cumulative and not just October to December 2011.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waves View Post
Good. I think it is time someone helps me sort this out. When you see a forecast and result on the NSE, are they both cumulative? Is there not standard for these on the NSE?
Well, you have to look at the numbers vis-a-vis the name of the company and where they stand currently. For example, UBA released a forecast for the period ended December 2011 and the bottom line read N14 billion. From what we know now, UBA cannot make N14b in a quarter (this translates to N56 billion annualized...) and so, I conclude that the forecast is for the full year. again Skye Bank released forecast for the same period and the bottom line reads N1.6 billion. I need no soothsayer to come to the conclusion that Skye bank only provided the figure for Q4 alone...

The forecast released by Aso Savings show that they will make a profit on over N1 billion. This has to be for the cumulative 9 months and not just for three months between October and December because, even when they (Aso) were making money, they could not boast of such numbers...

Cheers...

A hen that leaves her chicks unguarded should not complain when the predatory hawk comes calling - horlads

Last edited by horlads; 14th September 2011 at 11:38 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to horlads For This Useful Post:
Waves (14th September 2011)