Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
dr dowell is on a distinguished road
Default Re: State of the Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosa2 View Post
It'd be wrong for me to say that I disagree with your entire post but to be honest with you I disagree with your stand. You think people are capable of making sound moral decisions when faced with harsh economic conditions while I think they'll always vote with their stomach. Another thing that strikes me is that you use India as some sort of "model society" when the reality is that India is probably just as corrupt as Nigeria is. Your concept of "financial patriotism" is, to put it mildly, old fashioned and you fail to realize that people would invest where every they feel safest both legally and financially.

In fact I think the only part I agree with is that NOI is doing a good job and it's clear to me that our views on corruption and it's causes are so different that continuing this discussion/argument would be a futile exercise. So you vote for a govt that supports your opinions and I'll vote mine
The good thing about SMN is that it brings different idea toward a particular issue which I believe should lead to cross pollination of Ideas and stronger and better perception of Issues. However to have the spices of life, retention of individual character has to be encouraged.