Thread: Guinness
View Single Post
Old 12th December 2012, 12:36 PM
Points: 41,266, Level: 100 Points: 41,266, Level: 100 Points: 41,266, Level: 100
Activity: 10%
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Groans: 0
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Salida is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Guinness

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivins1 View Post
Thats rather unfair to Shareholders who are not going to be present at the AGM? I would rather the companies gives shareholders who are not present the bonus by default so that in that way there is no question of missing or unclaimed dividend warrants. In any case, there should be a proper way for shareholders to exercise their right in a timely manner . You dont have to come from London to attend AGM. I hope companies address this going forward
Quote:
Originally Posted by migiets View Post
Valid point. Unfortunately, things are so manually done here. The Company or registrar could easily have put a form on their websites for shareholders not attending to indicate by online their preference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bivins1 View Post
Very Correct .Lets hope they are reading.
I think the registrars of companies on NSE should be more proactive especially for shareholders that are not always in the country. For Shareholders that were either not at the AGM or who did not get the annual reports (in hard copy), there was no way they could have exercised the option of getting the bonus units.There was a form in the Annual report for expressing one's intention of getting the bonus units and there was a deadline.The default option applies for anyone that has not subscribed for the bonus like Sir Horlads highlighted.
At least there are some registrars that send out these forms electronically ahead of time. Zenith Registrars did not do that.