Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Groans: 0
Groaned at 11 Times in 11 Posts
migiets is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Economicwatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by duduspace View Post
The DISCOs truly have some understandable challenges but right now, they are the cogs in the wheel of progress. Did you hear some of the allegations Fashola made against them ? e.g not opening their financial books for scrutiny and rejecting power allocations with flimsy excuses.
Also their revenue collection ratio is plain pathetic. 25% of revenue collectables ???
I am sure some of those old NEPA/PHCN rogues are still there and their influence must be broken.

They should tell Government how they can be helped in terms of stiffer punishment for criminal bypass of meters e.t.c.
The GENCOs are the best functioning part, those ones just want good returns on their investement, the Transmissions is improving too but these DISCOs are really what Yorubas call Oniwahala.
I quite agree they have some challenges and also are a problem. It seems they had some 'laptop' carrying foreign breed as experts and consultants that did not know nor take into account peculiar local conditions. For instance, i had expected them to have a road map on how to collect revenue from such places like Ajegunle, Amukoko, Igando, Okokomaiko, Police Baracks, Army barracks, Federal secretariats etc but they still want to stick to the old method of estimating bills that is fraught with so much corruption and leakages.

Want things to change fast ? ..... put all politicians at all levels on minimum wage.