Go Back   StockMarketNigeria.com Forums > Nigerian Stocks > Banking Stocks

Banking Stocks First Bank, Union Bank, GTB, Zenith Bank etc

Welcome to the StockMarketNigeria.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 24th October 2012, 04:50 PM
Points: 5,512, Level: 47 Points: 5,512, Level: 47 Points: 5,512, Level: 47
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
goldsun is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Diamond bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exangello View Post
Wow, I will have to summarize 3 books in a few lines.
Hmmm lets see!

"But I'm humbled that you asked"; I know the point system on SMN has more to do with activity but I when I see the points on some members, oh boi I feel like a baby in the womb.

Technical Analysis in all its glory simply means wait for the guys doing fundamental analysis to finish their research, let them make a move and then follow after them.

The advantage of this is that when you sow, you will reap returns faster BUT the short side is that you might not get as much as the guy who did all the hard which is fair in itself.

Stock prices rise because of how strong perceived value is. If enough people believe a derika of gari is N5,000, before long it will rise to N5,000.

Major investors through their fundamentals know that people are willing to buy garri at N5,000 and then position themselves ahead of time. To really be major they need to buy enough quantity to cause a demand.

Obviously anyone in business is there to make profit. Major stakeholders always protect themselves first. If they bought 250 million derika of garri, they need to take the price above N5,000 because that is their target exit. Before that, there will be major marketing and advertisement.

When derika of garri gets to N7,000 they start getting out. 1 million derika is still minor to cause any change. Major can be when you notice 100 million derika or maybe 40 million sold consecutively for 4 days.

Now if those buying think they can take the price higher with their ability, they become the new major profit takers. if on the other hand, those who bought these units are consumers looking for quick fix or profit, the price drops.

I hope this gives you an idea of how to determine major profit takers. I tried using large quantities of derika so that you can relate it to the market.

Problem some people have is that they want to time the lowest and highest point. Even the major holders don't do that, that's why they take the price as high as possible to give them enough time to sell all their unit before it goes below their target price.
we are all here to learn
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 24th October 2012, 04:52 PM
Points: 12,703, Level: 73 Points: 12,703, Level: 73 Points: 12,703, Level: 73
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
bivins1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hispy99 View Post
"The facility is also convertible, which gives the IFC entities the option to convert the debts into equity at pre-agreed price per share within agreed timelines in the future."

Convertible at what price and when? Should this not be clearly communicated to shareholders?
Abeg any in house member for diamond bank dey for here? make una helep guys if not na to wait for the letter i send go give their investor relation manager be that . if dem reply everybody go know
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 24th October 2012, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Hmmm lets see!

But I'm humbled that you asked; I know the point system on SMN has more to do with activity but I when I see the points on some members, oh boi I feel like a baby in the womb.

Technical Analysis in all its glory simply means wait for the guys doing fundamental analysis to finish their research, let them make a move and then follow after them.

The advantage of this is that when you sow, you will reap returns faster BUT the short side is that you might not get as much as the guy who did all the hard which is fair in itself.

Stock prices rise because of how strong perceived value is. If enough people believe a derika of gari is N5,000, before long it will rise to N5,000.

Major investors through their fundamentals know that people are willing to buy garri at N5,000 and then position themselves ahead of time. To really be major they need to buy enough quantity to cause a demand.

Obviously anyone in business is there to make profit. Major stakeholders always protect themselves first. If they bought 250 million derika of garri, they need to take the price above N5,000 because that is their target exit. Before that, there will be major marketing and advertisement.

When derika of garri gets to N7,000 they start getting out. 1 million derika is still minor to cause any change. Major can be when you notice 100 million derika or maybe 40 million sold consecutively for 4 days.

Now if those buying think they can take the price higher with their ability, they become the new major profit takers. if on the other hand, those who bought these units are consumers looking for quick fix or profit, the price drops.

I hope this gives you an idea of how to determine major profit takers. I tried using large quantities of derika so that you can relate it to the market.

Problem some people have is that they want to time the lowest and highest point. Even the major holders don't do that, that's why they take the price as high as possible to give them enough time to sell all their unit before it goes below their target price.
Bros i don thank you the SMN way but of al the example, Na Garri you see explain. e be like say you go like Garri well well ooo. Ijebu or Bendel garri which ones?
Old 24th October 2012, 05:03 PM
Points: 1,397, Level: 20 Points: 1,397, Level: 20 Points: 1,397, Level: 20
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Exangello is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivins1 View Post
Bros i don thank you the SMN way but of al the example, Na Garri you see explain. e be like say you go like Garri well well ooo. Ijebu or Bendel garri which ones?
Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Men I knew that if I used a real stock on the market as my example. There could be bias towards that particular share or stock. So I needed to use something people could easily relate with without bias.

Na garri be the main soakies for boarding school in those days.
I fit change am to rice. But you understand my point.
Old 24th October 2012, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Men I knew that if I used a real stock on the market as my example. There could be bias towards that particular share or stock. So I needed to use something people could easily relate with without bias.

Na garri be the main soakies for boarding school in those days.
I fit change am to rice. But you understand my point.
Correct man
Old 24th October 2012, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivins1 View Post
Abeg any in house member for diamond bank dey for here? make una helep guys if not na to wait for the letter i send go give their investor relation manager be that . if dem reply everybody go know
your letter never pass one week now, you sure say they one reply
Old 24th October 2012, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsun View Post
your letter never pass one week now, you sure say they one reply
I been try IFC directly . I got a mail telling me they will get back to me but havent heard from them. I just wrote to diamond bank this morning. Patience my friend. we will get to the bottom
Old 24th October 2012, 08:06 PM
Points: 5,015, Level: 45 Points: 5,015, Level: 45 Points: 5,015, Level: 45

Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
dr.abrahamb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hmmm lets see!

But I'm humbled that you asked; I know the point system on SMN has more to do with activity but I when I see the points on some members, oh boi I feel like a baby in the womb.

I just fell in love with this guy. I couldn't resist saying thanks.
Old 24th October 2012, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.abrahamb View Post
welcome back sir
Old 24th October 2012, 08:10 PM
Points: 42,728, Level: 100 Points: 42,728, Level: 100 Points: 42,728, Level: 100
Activity: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Salida is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Sir Dr.abrahamb, welcome back!
Old 24th October 2012, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Yay the King is back . Welcome back and never go away. I thank Garri master Exangello fro making this possible.
Old 24th October 2012, 10:39 PM
Points: 40,049, Level: 100 Points: 40,049, Level: 100 Points: 40,049, Level: 100
Activity: 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Groans: 53
Groaned at 10 Times in 10 Posts
nosa2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to nosa2 Send a message via Skype™ to nosa2

Quote:
Welcome back, hope my harsh comment wasn't the cause of your absence?
Old 24th October 2012, 11:36 PM
Points: 9,079, Level: 64 Points: 9,079, Level: 64 Points: 9,079, Level: 64
Activity: 24%
Activity: 24% Activity: 24% Activity: 24%

Groans: 1
duduspace is on a distinguished road

Welcome back doki, abeg where Oga Omydee dey to complete the trio?
Old 25th October 2012, 12:12 AM
Forum Moderator
Points: 42,293, Level: 100 Points: 42,293, Level: 100 Points: 42,293, Level: 100
Activity: 22%
Activity: 22% Activity: 22% Activity: 22%

Groans: 18
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
knightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of light

Diamond bank took a loan of $100m from AFREXIM in Q2 2012 at 7%. The loan is a subordinate issue and thus falls under Tier 2 capital and it is non-convertible. It also went ahead to take another loan of $70m, which is convertible, from IFC in Q3 2012 at 6%. The capital raised is expected to raise the capital adequacy ratio from 12% in Q2 2012 to 16% at the end of the year.

At the time the convertible loan was issued, Diamond bank was selling at N2.10 - N2.20 in the market. The loan cannot be converted until 2015 and it is estimated to have a conversion price of N2.81, going by the same kind of deal that GTB got from IFC in 2010.

Continue reading on my blog

"Pursue excellence and success will follow, pants down" - Ranchoddas Shamaldas Chanchad

"People do not have to believe in you for you to succeed. Work hard. When you succeed, they will believe." - Stephen Keshi
Old 25th October 2012, 12:13 AM
Forum Moderator
Points: 42,293, Level: 100 Points: 42,293, Level: 100 Points: 42,293, Level: 100

knightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by duduspace View Post
Welcome back doki, abeg where Oga Omydee dey to complete the trio?
Trio ke? Na four legged stool we get here o as Dr Goldsun don join the list...

"Pursue excellence and success will follow, pants down" - Ranchoddas Shamaldas Chanchad

"People do not have to believe in you for you to succeed. Work hard. When you succeed, they will believe." - Stephen Keshi
Old 25th October 2012, 12:31 AM
Points: 9,079, Level: 64 Points: 9,079, Level: 64 Points: 9,079, Level: 64
Activity: 24%
Activity: 24% Activity: 24% Activity: 24%

Groans: 1
duduspace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofdelta View Post
Diamond bank took a loan of $100m from AFREXIM in Q2 2012 at 7%. The loan is a subordinate issue and thus falls under Tier 2 capital and it is non-convertible. It also went ahead to take another loan of $70m, which is convertible, from IFC in Q3 2012 at 6%. The capital raised is expected to raise the capital adequacy ratio from 12% in Q2 2012 to 16% at the end of the year.

At the time the convertible loan was issued, Diamond bank was selling at N2.10 - N2.20 in the market. The loan cannot be converted until 2015 and it is estimated to have a conversion price of N2.81, going by the same kind of deal that GTB got from IFC in 2010.

]

Analysis duly noted Oga KOD, I might have to shift my focus from Skye to Diamond. Being the long termer that I am and always wanting to maximise gain, I might wait to see the effect of the 'barest minimum' dividend policy on share prices at financial year end before I go in wholesale. I know some short termers will likely vote with their feet. That might be the prime time to strike. But I've got to consider this now for my financial services sector investment.
Old 25th October 2012, 01:56 AM
Forum Moderator
Points: 85,964, Level: 100 Points: 85,964, Level: 100 Points: 85,964, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
hispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofdelta View Post

When was this loan consummated? How did you come up with conversion price?
Old 25th October 2012, 11:22 AM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hispy99 View Post
When was this loan consummated? How did you come up with conversion price?
The announcement was made August 8, 2012 when the stock was selling at N2.83 per share but the deal was consummated August 24, 2012 according to the conference call details. Management guidance was also provided that the conversion would be done at a premium ranging from above 10% to 50% from the "current price". The premium will rise at an undisclosed rate on an annual basis with no option of conversion within three years.

In order to be more conservative, I assumed that IFC may use the three month previous daily average prices, which was what they did when GTB issued new shares for them (IFC) in 2010. This came to N2.50. I also used a premium of 12.5% since they said "the conversion would be at a premium above 10% that would rise on an annual basis without an option of conversion within three years".

Diamond bank still intends to raise $300m before the end of the year. So far they have raised $170m with a weighted average coupon of 6.6%.

The Following User Says Thank You to knightofdelta For This Useful Post:
hispy99 (25th October 2012)
Old 25th October 2012, 04:29 PM
Forum Moderator
Points: 16,877, Level: 83 Points: 16,877, Level: 83 Points: 16,877, Level: 83
Activity: 18%
Activity: 18% Activity: 18% Activity: 18%

Groans: 2
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
waaan5 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Doki, area fada join welcome you oh! Pls do go away (too long again )
Old 27th October 2012, 01:14 PM
Points: 19,038, Level: 87 Points: 19,038, Level: 87 Points: 19,038, Level: 87
Activity: 54%
Activity: 54% Activity: 54% Activity: 54%

Groaned at 12 Times in 11 Posts
Picolena66 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hmmm.........Dr Abe welcome back oooo.............Your valued Contribution was trully misssed