StockMarketNigeria.com Forums

StockMarketNigeria.com Forums (http://www.stockmarketnigeria.com/forums/)
-   Banking Stocks (http://www.stockmarketnigeria.com/forums/banking-stocks/)
-   -   Diamond bank (http://www.stockmarketnigeria.com/forums/banking-stocks/1352-diamond-bank.html)

SavyInvestor 12th February 2007 11:17 PM

Diamond bank

Any news yet on dividend payment for 2007.
Why the recent drop in share price, Anyone know?

Thanks

c kenneths 13th February 2007 02:52 PM

I called a friend who called another friend, and he called yet another friend who was sure this time and you know what he said, MARKET FORCES !

Kex 16th February 2007 02:52 PM

I believe in payment is due to the usual depayment by company registrars in remiting payment. I expect commencement of payment to be very soon.

ikechu 11th May 2007 02:30 PM

IBTC & Diamond Bank Shares.

i will like to have reactions from the house in regards to these shares ( IBTC & DIAMOND).

Both recently had infusion of foreign funds. As an investor that wants to invest, which of these shares has better prospect or fundamentals that one can invest and get maximium value for his money.That is to see a complete or partial analysis of both shares as in their value or worth

The team of paragon, stockbear, ckenneth, avocado and others can throw more light on the issue raised.

c kenneths 11th May 2007 06:43 PM

Ill take IBTC over Diamond for now because of some fundamental reasons.
Both banks are good and cheap at their prices and its no longer news that they are not available in the market.

An investor is even going around asking to buy up any quantity of IBTC, Diamond or Oceanic anyone can offer, he says he will top 5 naira on the current market prices.

Will anyone sell?

dotunk 11th May 2007 08:05 PM

well,

If this guy is really going to ad N5 on the current price, it means he knows something you dont and i will urge you not to sell except you are cash struck.

The guy may even be afront for all this big boys looking for ways to go on th board of those companies by reason of majority share holding.

my advice... DONT SELL!!!

dotunk 11th May 2007 08:11 PM

Hhi,

who ever is asking for those shares and promising to add N5 on the present price obviously knows something you dont.

so my advice is DONT SELL!!!

c kenneths 11th May 2007 11:44 PM

He may know something we dont, but who cares when I have made N5 ever before the technical suspension is lifted, I might even struggle and buy some before the price starts moving. A case of ' a bird at hand'

alanbow 12th May 2007 09:54 AM

Hi C kenneth,

I see you said you will pick IBTC ahead of Diamond because of some fundamentals, can you please enlighten me on the specifics you looked at to reach this conclusion. I always like to know more.

I had a quick look yesterday and I would have picked Diamond back because it has a higher EPS and lower P/Eratio compare to IBTC. The thing that got me though was the market cap of IBTC which is 40M more than Diamond so I wasn't too sure. but after the PP the market cap for Diamond might well go up.

I also happen to know someone who worked with the MD of Diamond whilst they were still at Authur Anderson, and he comes well recommended

c kenneths 12th May 2007 10:19 AM

Alanbow, Its just the strong brand name of IBTC that counts a lot in their favour.
Coupled with their core investment banking strenghts ( they are the best in the couintry now with IBTC Equity and Ethical funds, they also pull a lot of weight in the capital markets.

They can also stake a claim in commercial banking market share with their merger with Chartered bank.

dotunk 12th May 2007 12:01 PM

i agree with c kenneths on choosing IBTC over Diamond.

jesusislord 15th May 2007 08:27 PM

Dear ALL,
When did 'Fundermentals' degenerate to personal preferences? Can someone say what the actual numbers are for each of the companies under examination and stop watering down the standard of discourse in this forum

olusolakemmy 15th May 2007 08:44 PM

Both have prospect and are cheap as agreed by everybody on this forum.
while i pick IBTC, diamond is equaly capable of giving you maxima return.
what about spliting your available funds between the two, by so doing you are certain to benefit from the two companies.

dotunk 18th May 2007 09:19 PM

olusolakemmy

good point... EGGS IN DIFFERENT BASKETS!

and you can compare later.

alanbow 21st May 2007 12:16 PM

Diamond Bank PLC - analyst report

http://www.proshareng.com/myproshare...es.php?id=1056

Only if we can get to buy this at some point.

dotunk 22nd May 2007 10:55 PM

wht do you say so? is not available?

Avocado 23rd May 2007 02:07 PM

Of sentiments and rock-hard numbers ....

So why hasn't IBTC transformed their excellent performance with managed funds into excellent performance with their banking duties? Of the seven middle-tier banks, IBTC has the worst ratio of Non Performing Loans to Total loans of about 21.6%; including the top-tier banks, that makes IBTC come out #13 in this category (Diamond bank is at 5.3%). Take a look at the other operating statistics (loans/deposit ratio, interest expense, interest income, total deposits, assets - Diamond now #8 -, etc), and it comes clear that Diamond bank is the better bank.

c kenneths 24th May 2007 08:09 AM

My preference for IBTC is not for past performances but for the hope of a better future based on the plans and packages they have.

Yes, if they can do it with managed funds , they will most likely repeat the success with banking operations, they are just learning the ropes at commercial banking.

rose 8th August 2007 11:37 AM

Diamond bank share price

Quote:

Originally Posted by SavyInvestor (Post 371)
Any news yet on dividend payment for 2007.
Why the recent drop in share price, Anyone know?

Thanks

At long last, the audited result is out, with a promise of 55k dividend: http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpage...8-2007-004.htm. But the question is; is the bank trading at its fair value? Is it a good time to get after the mark down of the price on the 22nd?

Survival2006 8th August 2007 12:09 PM

Diamond Bank yesterday 7th August has declared dividend of N0.55k but no bonus, hence the market reaction that affected the price. The closing date is 21st. It appears to me shareholders were disappointed for everyone had expected some bonus issue, their PAT though was ok. Let's bear with them.