Go Back   StockMarketNigeria.com Forums > Nigerian Stocks > Banking Stocks

Banking Stocks First Bank, Union Bank, GTB, Zenith Bank etc

Welcome to the StockMarketNigeria.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12th November 2012, 05:43 PM
Forum Moderator
Points: 88,350, Level: 100 Points: 88,350, Level: 100 Points: 88,350, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
hispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nice
Default Re: The Banks

Quote:
Originally Posted by migiets View Post
Uncompleted and abandoned white elephant projects. A friend of mine once told me that he was in the same flight from Abuja with the Governor of Ekiti when he was newly declared the governor and they started talking and he said he was shocked when the man said his priority was to build an airport in ekiti state for his people. Just imagine. All in the name of 'state of origin', he wants to build an airport for his people. What happened to the airports in lagos, ibadan, akure, ilorin. Just like the delta state presently wasting a lot of money to build an airport at asaba whereas a fraction of that amount could easily have built a high speed rail from benin to asaba, warrri and other major cities in delta.
boys must chop
Old 12th November 2012, 05:46 PM
Forum Moderator
Points: 88,350, Level: 100 Points: 88,350, Level: 100 Points: 88,350, Level: 100

hispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincenta11 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmanuel ewumi
if you don't believe in State of origin please don't travel home during Christmas, and when you are old tell your grandchildren and children to bury in land or region where you spent all your working and productive life.

Whether they bury you in Zango Kataf, Kafanchan or Oloibiri; you are dead, nothing matters anymore.

State of Origin has been more of a divisive factor than developmental.

It is even getting out of hand.

Went to the Spanish embassy recently and on their register for visitors there is a column for State of Origin.

I asked the Nigerian security guys why that info is needed,but they gazed at
me without an answer.

I would really love to know why a foreign embassy would want to know the State of Origin of Nigerians.
Don't we have state of origin on CVs too
Old 12th November 2012, 06:03 PM
Forum Moderator
Points: 43,187, Level: 100 Points: 43,187, Level: 100 Points: 43,187, Level: 100
Activity: 38%
Activity: 38% Activity: 38% Activity: 38%

Groans: 18
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
knightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by hispy99 View Post
boys must chop
...by building bridges to nowhere

"Pursue excellence and success will follow, pants down" - Ranchoddas Shamaldas Chanchad
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12th November 2012, 06:18 PM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofdelta View Post
...by building bridges to nowhere
at least e go better if dem even build the bridge...dem go just chop money and yet no bridge
Old 12th November 2012, 06:36 PM
Points: 10,858, Level: 69 Points: 10,858, Level: 69 Points: 10,858, Level: 69
Activity: 13%
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Groans: 3
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
pegheneji is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmanuel ewumi View Post
The CBN deputy governor made a sincere suggestion to business people fromn the region.
what will a regeonal bank achieve for the people that a fidelity will not achieve, which league is Wema and unity playing in the banking sector? i will gather some of my friends also to open a north central bank phew!

Quote:
what is the advantage?

I dont want a situation where a region will say they are marginalised. Since some other regions have their regional banks, and CBN has provision for regions to have their banks, I don't think it is a bad idea if businessmen in the region can tap into the opportunities that this will give.
who dey marginalise who? all the community banks in the villages what happen to them? probably for over protecting wema and unity he want to use misyarn to correct mis-execute

Last edited by pegheneji; 12th November 2012 at 06:51 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12th November 2012, 10:23 PM
Points: 5,512, Level: 47 Points: 5,512, Level: 47 Points: 5,512, Level: 47
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
goldsun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegheneji View Post
what will a regeonal bank achieve for the people that a fidelity will not achieve, which league is Wema and unity playing in the banking sector? i will gather some of my friends also to open a north central bank phew!

who dey marginalise who? all the community banks in the villages what happen to them? probably for over protecting wema and unity he want to use misyarn to correct mis-execute
let just assume he had nothing to say
Old 13th November 2012, 02:48 AM
Forum Moderator

CBN may be pressured to ease interest rates
Old 13th November 2012, 07:21 AM
Forum Moderator
Points: 27,957, Level: 98 Points: 27,957, Level: 98 Points: 27,957, Level: 98
Activity: 39%
Activity: 39% Activity: 39% Activity: 39%

Groaned at 17 Times in 17 Posts
Oracle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincenta11 View Post

Whether they bury you in Zango Kataf, Kafanchan or Oloibiri; you are dead, nothing matters anymore.

State of Origin has been more of a divisive factor than developmental.

It is even getting out of hand.

Went to the Spanish embassy recently and on their register for visitors there is a column for State of Origin.

I asked the Nigerian security guys why that info is needed,but they gazed at
me without an answer.

I would really love to know why a foreign embassy would want to know the State of Origin of Nigerians.
Bros, that Spanish embassy is in Nigeria and so those things done around here also applies in that establishment. The Spanish embassy have nigerians working there and they will tell them that these are what should be contained in a form. State of origin is common in this country. Everything you do is all about State of origin. They can't even pick the right people without applying state of origin! A seasoned enterpreneur was conned because of state of origin.

We gain nothing from segregating. Imagine most of us who lived in different places(apart from the state of our ancestors) but cannot vie for positions in those places where we live. I was born in Lagos and lived in Lagos for many years. I've been part of the system for years but if i'm to contest for a position in Lagos, they will call me ''omo Ibo''. Instead of them to say that I'm a Nigerian, they will say I'm ''Omo Ibo''! If state of Origin was applied in America, Obama should be back home contesting in Kenya! Same applies to every other people who lived in differnt places but cannot fit into the system. It is strange!
Old 13th November 2012, 07:30 AM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
Bros, that Spanish embassy is in Nigeria and so those things done around here also applies in that establishment. The Spanish embassy have nigerians working there and they will tell them that these are what should be contained in a form. State of origin is common in this country. Everything you do is all about State of origin. They can't even pick the right people without applying state of origin! A seasoned enterpreneur was conned because of state of origin.

We gain nothing from segregating. Imagine most of us who lived in different places(apart from the state of our ancestors) but cannot vie for positions in those places where we live. I was born in Lagos and lived in Lagos for many years. I've been part of the system for years but if i'm to contest for a position in Lagos, they will call me ''omo Ibo''. Instead of them to say that I'm a Nigerian, they will say I'm ''Omo Ibo''! If state of Origin was applied in America, Obama should be back home contesting in Kenya! Same applies to every other people who lived in differnt places but cannot fit into the system. It is strange!
LOL...but you are omo ibo na
Old 13th November 2012, 07:32 AM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
I don't believe in State of origin, i spend my Christmas in Lagos. My maternal and paternal grand parents were buried in Lagos, because that is the Town where they had most of their investments and where they spent their productive life time. Most of the people who say they don't believe in State of origin will always want to travel to where they call home in December, they will want to be buried where they call home, even though they don't spend 30 days in a year in the so called home. To me home is where your bread is buttered, be it Turkey, Ukraine, Afghanistan, Canada wherever.

But it won't be a bad idea if politicians, business people form associations and organisations that will lead to economic prosperity in different parts of the country be it South West, South South, South East, North Central, North West, North East.
Travel home to do what? I hardly travel to the village. Christmas/New year is a no-no for me.
Old 13th November 2012, 07:36 AM
Points: 44,773, Level: 100 Points: 44,773, Level: 100 Points: 44,773, Level: 100

Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Salida is on a distinguished road

Quote:

No worry Sir Oracle, I will vote for you the same way I will vote for Sir Dr.Abrahamb if he wants to contest in the North. You be real "Omo Nna to n ko fuji".
Old 13th November 2012, 07:36 AM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Don't we have state of origin on CVs too
And that is why it is easier to reduce the piles of CVs! Just ''search'' and ''delete''.
Old 13th November 2012, 07:38 AM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
LOL...but you are omo ibo na
Omo 9ja!
Old 13th November 2012, 07:41 AM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salida View Post
No worry Sir Oracle, I will vote for you the same way I will vote for Sir Dr.Abrahamb if he wants to contest in the North. You be real "Omo Nna to n ko fuji".
If dr.Abraham goes to the North, those in his village will tell him that he grew up in the Lagos and he is not in touch with the grassroots(in the village)!

You end up not being here or there!
Old 13th November 2012, 10:45 AM
Forum Moderator
Points: 43,187, Level: 100 Points: 43,187, Level: 100 Points: 43,187, Level: 100
Activity: 38%
Activity: 38% Activity: 38% Activity: 38%

Groans: 18
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
knightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
If dr.Abraham goes to the North, those in his village will tell him that he grew up in the Lagos and he is not in touch with the grassroots(in the village)!

You end up not being here or there!
Gbam.

"Pursue excellence and success will follow, pants down" - Ranchoddas Shamaldas Chanchad
Old 13th November 2012, 10:46 AM
Points: 16,803, Level: 82 Points: 16,803, Level: 82 Points: 16,803, Level: 82

Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
emmanuel ewumi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Travel home to do what? I hardly travel to the village. Christmas/New year is a no-no for me.

That is very good of you. I believe home is wherever your bread is buttered.
Old 13th November 2012, 10:49 AM

Quote:

You can contest for elective post in any part of the country. Although contesting for an election, may not necessarily lead to victory.
One of the councilors in my area is from Delta state.
Old 13th November 2012, 11:00 AM

I don't like the situation where a state like Lagos produced more than 65% of the non- oil contribution to our GDP.

A situation whereby politicians, businessmen and stakeholders form associations, groups and organisations that will correct this anomaly should be encouraged.

A lot of old businessmen and entrepreneur of the South Eastern extraction will tell you the role played by ACB that is African Continental Bank to their success story. People like Otudeko, Bode Emmanuel, Akindele, Okoya, Akin George, Akin Olugbade etc will tell the role played by national Bank and Wema bank to their success story.

Since we do not have a federal government that has an economic blueprint for her citizens and the country, it wont be a bad idea for the people to take their destiny into their hands.
Old 13th November 2012, 11:17 AM
Points: 16,542, Level: 82 Points: 16,542, Level: 82 Points: 16,542, Level: 82
Activity: 77%
Activity: 77% Activity: 77% Activity: 77%

Groaned at 10 Times in 10 Posts
migiets is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I don't like the situation where a state like Lagos produced more than 65% of the non- oil contribution to our GDP.

A situation whereby politicians, businessmen and stakeholders form associations, groups and organisations that will correct this anomaly should be encouraged.

A lot of old businessmen and entrepreneur of the South Eastern extraction will tell you the role played by ACB that is African Continental Bank to their success story. People like Otudeko, Bode Emmanuel, Akindele, Okoya, Akin George, Akin Olugbade etc will tell the role played by national Bank and Wema bank to their success story.

Since we do not have a federal government that has an economic blueprint for her citizens and the country, it wont be a bad idea for the people to take their destiny into their hands.
Is this statement of yours not a contradiction to what you have preaching that it is where you have stayed and work all your life that is your home. If an ibo man has lived and stayed in lagos for several years and he now needs to establish a business in the east, why does he need a regional bank like ACB to do that?. Why can't a Wema bank or Unity Bank having a branch in the east do that for him?.

to me, the CBN deputy governor that made the statement was talking trash. What happens to the Bendelites (Edo and Delta)?. Should they go and form a Bendel Bank or form a South South Bank. It is people like this CBN deputy governor that are the problems of this country. He is canvasing for three tribes forgetting that there are other tribes. Even if we remove tribes, we presently have six (6) regions. Should each of the regions now go and establish a regional bank?.
Old 13th November 2012, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegheneji View Post

Fidelity will want to have her branches in Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Onitsha and Port Harcourt. The majority of the branches will be in Lagos and Abuja.

Economic activities and development are skewed in Nigeria. We need true federalism and leaders with sincerity of purpose. Federal government is not in the position to correct this skewness, the people who can correct it are the stakeholders.

« UBA Plc | - »