Go Back   StockMarketNigeria.com Forums > Nigerian Stocks > Banking Stocks

Banking Stocks First Bank, Union Bank, GTB, Zenith Bank etc

Welcome to the StockMarketNigeria.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 14th November 2012, 12:07 PM
Points: 16,715, Level: 82 Points: 16,715, Level: 82 Points: 16,715, Level: 82
Activity: 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Groans: 0
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
emmanuel ewumi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Banks

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegheneji View Post
to start kwo kwo business? you seem to be missing up the points, we are neighter talking about communitybabk nor micro finance but a full fledge comercial bank.
20 billion Naira to 1000 businesses, translates to an average of 20 million Naira per business. These businesses are not in Lagos. When the business succeed it will lead to prosperity in the town or region, rather than having businesses concentrated in one area of the country.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 14th November 2012, 12:14 PM
Points: 16,082, Level: 81 Points: 16,082, Level: 81 Points: 16,082, Level: 81
Activity: 83%
Activity: 83% Activity: 83% Activity: 83%

Groaned at 10 Times in 10 Posts
migiets is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmanuel ewumi View Post
The states are in 5 geo political zones.
Consider this combination. Ondo, Edo, Kogi, Anambra, Benue, Nassarawa, Kaduna, Niger, Zamfara, Katsina, Kano, Jigawa (source: map of Nigeria). These 12 states cuts across your so-called different regions (even though there is no regional definition in the constitution) and according to Horlads, these are 12 contiguous states.

The question now is 'will the CBN approve for me to operate in these states?. Will i be disqualified based on a non-existent regional structure or will i be approved based on Horlads 12 contiguous states requirement which i have met.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 14th November 2012, 12:19 PM
Points: 5,512, Level: 47 Points: 5,512, Level: 47 Points: 5,512, Level: 47
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
goldsun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by migiets View Post
Consider this combination. Ondo, Edo, Kogi, Anambra, Benue, Nassarawa, Kaduna, Niger, Zamfara, Katsina, Kano, Jigawa (source: map of Nigeria). These 12 states cuts across your so-called different regions (even though there is no regional definition in the constitution) and according to Horlads, these are 12 contiguous states.

The question now is 'will the CBN approve for me to operate in these states?. Will i be disqualified based on a non-existent regional structure or will i be approved based on Horlads 12 contiguous states requirement which i have met.
CAPITAL NO. the CBN hugeline states it must be in two geopolitical zone
Old 14th November 2012, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsun View Post
CAPITAL NO. the CBN hugeline states it must be in two geopolitical zone
What happens to the 12 contiguous states requirement then?. Is the 'two geopolitical zone' and '12 contiguous states' requirements an 'OR' or an 'AND' requirement?.

Btw, where in the constitution can i find the Geopolitical zones that make up Nigeria?. In the alternative, can i get this definition and make-up from the CBN?.

Last edited by migiets; 14th November 2012 at 12:28 PM.
Old 14th November 2012, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Eastern business in Maiduguri, Makurdi, Sokoto, Warri, Lafia should not be encouraged.
Why?. I thought you are an apostle of discarding 'state of origin' from our life and a great opponent of people going to their villages during festivities or taking their dead to their villages. What you are saying by this is that if an Easterner has stayed in a place like Sokoto for several years, he should not establish there but go back to his state in the east to establish. This is a contradiction.

I hope you know that Dangote is about to establish the biggest Fertilizer plant in Africa at Agenebode in Edo state. I hope you know that Dangote is not from Edo state and he has never lived in Edo state not to talk of Agenebode.

Last edited by migiets; 14th November 2012 at 12:38 PM.
Old 14th November 2012, 12:47 PM

Quote:

You need a National license to operate in the listed states.

Ondo south west
Edo South South
Kogi, Benue, Nasarawa, Niger North Central
Anambra South East

Katsine, Kano North West

The states are in 5 geo-political zones. You will 25 billion Naira to operate in the listed states
Old 14th November 2012, 12:50 PM

Quote:
What happens to the 12 contiguous states requirement then?. Is the 'two geopolitical zone' and '12 contiguous states' requirements an 'OR' or an 'AND' requirement?.

Btw, where in the constitution can i find the Geopolitical zones that make up Nigeria?. In the alternative, can i get this definition and make-up from the CBN?.

Minimum of 6 congruous states and maximum of 12 congruous states with two geo political zones.

It will be better if you make an attempt to challenge CBN in this regard.
Old 14th November 2012, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Why?. I thought you are an apostle of discarding 'state of origin' from our life and a great opponent of people going to their villages during festivities or taking their dead to their villages. What you are saying by this is that if an Easterner has stayed in a place like Sokoto for several years, he should not establish there but go back to his state in the east to establish. This is a contradiction.

I hope you know that Dangote is about to establish the biggest Fertilizer plant in Africa at Agenebode in Edo state. I hope you know that Dangote is not from Edo state and he has never lived in Edo state not to talk of Agenebode.

My answer was to the question asked by pehgenji

fidelity bank may have more branch in Lagos or Abuja, but he will still have soft spot for the ABC of the world, the major eastern businessmen are in Lagos or Abuja.

Eastern business in Maiduguri, Makurdi, Sokoto, Warri, Lafia should not be encouraged, except those in lagos , Abuja and Port harcourt.

Last edited by emmanuel ewumi; 14th November 2012 at 12:59 PM.
Old 14th November 2012, 01:07 PM

Quote:

With that, Dangote becomes a major stakeholder in Edo State. When economic activities are stimulated in Agenebode it will enhance Dangotes business. The plant will have a multiplier effects on farmers, plantations, real estate, finance, packaging, etc in that town.
That is a step in the right direction by Dangote, but it is just a drop in the Ocean. Deliberate attempt needs to be made by stakeholders in order to create business opportunities and economic activities in all villagers, towns, states, regions and the nation.
Old 14th November 2012, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Minimum of 6 congruous states and maximum of 12 congruous states with two geo political zones.

It will be better if you make an attempt to challenge CBN in this regard.
I think it is high time for that. Where can i find Femi Falana?. Such things will interest him. I think CBN has taken this its independence too far.

Now, i want to operate in a minimum and maximum of 12 states in South East and South South but South East has 5 states and South South has 6 states. It meets CBN requirement of 2 Geopolitical zones but it does not meet what i want to do because i want and i must operate in 12 states.
Old 14th November 2012, 01:17 PM

Quote:
With that, Dangote becomes a major stakeholder in Edo State. When economic activities are stimulated in Agenebode it will enhance Dangotes business. The plant will have a multiplier effects on farmers, plantations, real estate, finance, packaging, etc in that town.
That is a step in the right direction by Dangote, but it is just a drop in the Ocean. Deliberate attempt needs to be made by stakeholders in order to create business opportunities and economic activities in all villagers, towns, states, regions and the nation.
Now you coming to what i have been saying that you do not need to come from a place or have lived in a place before you become a stakeholder of that place. If there are good business opportunities in a place, anybody should be able to go in and tap into the opportunities instead of the CBN Deputy Governor telling only those from the East to be the one to establish a so-called regional Bank in that place. Dangote saw very clearly how to tap into the opportunities that have been presented in Agenebode and he is moving in.
Old 14th November 2012, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosa2 View Post
If you want to create jobs deregulate the downstream sector, place 200% tariffs on all imported finished products and 0% on machine parts while freezing wages, or at least don't make the national wage mandatory for private sector operators. Prices would rise and things would be rough but I can bet we'll have single digit unemployment figures in under a decade, but Nigerians want to develop on a platter of gold and that ain't ever gonna happen.
Without a well thought out plan and deliberate attempt by various stakeholders, the economic activities will still be concentrated in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt.
The cost of doing business in Lagos is killing, Late Olabisi Onabanjo saw this in 1979 when he was the governor of Ogun State. He was wise enough to establish Otta industrial Estate, Agbara Industrial Estate, Sagamu Industrial Estate and Ogijo Industrial Estate.

The establishment of Agbara Estate made manufacturer at Apapa Industrial Estate eg Unilever, GSK, Evans, Pharma Deko etc to relocate to Agbara Estate. Now Apapa Industrial Estate is almost dead, the only Industry in the estate is Flour mill and may be petroleum marketers.
The biggest plant of PZ is at Ogijo Ogun State.

May be when economic activities are stimulated in other parts of the Country, Fashola's attitude to businesses and entrepreneurs in Lagos will change for the better.

Last edited by emmanuel ewumi; 14th November 2012 at 03:19 PM.
Old 14th November 2012, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Now you coming to what i have been saying that you do not need to come from a place or have lived in a place before you become a stakeholder of that place. If there are good business opportunities in a place, anybody should be able to go in and tap into the opportunities instead of the CBN Deputy Governor telling only those from the East to be the one to establish a so-called regional Bank in that place. Dangote saw very clearly how to tap into the opportunities that have been presented in Agenebode and he is moving in.

Check all my posts, I have always used the word stakeholders.
Dangote is a stakeholder in the industry. If you are a teacher you are a stakeholder in the educational sector.
if you have done legal business in an area you are a stakeholder in the area.
OANDO is a stakeholder in the Petroleum industry.
Dangote is a major stakeholder in any venture that will yield returns.
Old 14th November 2012, 01:23 PM

Quote:
I think it is high time for that. Where can i find Femi Falana?. Such things will interest him. I think CBN has taken this its independence too far.

Now, i want to operate in a minimum and maximum of 12 states in South East and South South but South East has 5 states and South South has 6 states. It meets CBN requirement of 2 Geopolitical zones but it does not meet what i want to do because i want and i must operate in 12 states.

Get 25 billion naira and get a national license.
Old 14th November 2012, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Check all my posts, I have always used the word stakeholders.
Dangote is a stakeholder in the industry. If you are a teacher you are a stakeholder in the educational sector.
if you have done legal business in an area you are a stakeholder in the area.
OANDO is a stakeholder in the Petroleum industry.
Dangote is a major stakeholder in any venture that will yield returns.
What do i have to do to be a stakeholder in the banking industry to qualify me to operate a bank in the eastern part of the country when iam from edo state (south south)?. Do i have to go and become a Banker?. Why can't i get my money. get brains like Horlads, KOD and other bankers and operate a bank in the east to tap into the economic potentials in Aba, Onitsha and Nnewi?.
Old 14th November 2012, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Get 25 billion naira and get a national license.
I do not have 25billion. I only have 12billion and i want to operate in 12 contiguous states by putting in 1billion in each of the 12 contiguous states (6 states in South South, 5 in south east and 1 in North Central (Benue)) and yet CBN is saying i cannot do that because though i met the 12 contiguous states requirement, i do not meet their definition of 2 Geopolitical zones because the 12th state has entered another Geopolitical whereas it is not my fault that the South East has only 5 states . This is a good argument for the South East to have an additional state. I think the Supreme Court will need to interpret this CBN law and requirement. Absolute power corrupts.
The Following User Says Thank You to migiets For This Useful Post:
nosa2 (14th November 2012)
Old 14th November 2012, 02:06 PM
Points: 40,498, Level: 100 Points: 40,498, Level: 100 Points: 40,498, Level: 100
Activity: 14%
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Groans: 53
nosa2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to nosa2 Send a message via Skype™ to nosa2

Quote:
I do not have 25billion. I only have 12billion and i want to operate in 12 contiguous states by putting in 1billion in each of the 12 contiguous states (6 states in South South, 5 in south east and 1 in North Central (Benue)) and yet CBN is saying i cannot do that because though i met the 12 contiguous states requirement, i do not meet their definition of 2 Geopolitical zones because the 12th state has entered another Geopolitical whereas it is not my fault that the South East has only 5 states . This is a good argument for the South East to have an additional state. I think the Supreme Court will need to interpret this CBN law and requirement. Absolute power corrupts.
Truth is that until I see this requirement on the official CBN website or document I refuse to believe that SLS would be so stupid. I've heard a lot of "facts" being peddled that turned out not to be facts, and if truly SLS stipulated an unconstitutional geopolitical criteria then he's unfit to be CBN governor.
The Following User Says Thank You to nosa2 For This Useful Post:
migiets (14th November 2012)
Old 14th November 2012, 03:12 PM

Quote:
What do i have to do to be a stakeholder in the banking industry to qualify me to operate a bank in the eastern part of the country when iam from edo state (south south)?. Do i have to go and become a Banker?. Why can't i get my money. get brains like Horlads, KOD and other bankers and operate a bank in the east to tap into the economic potentials in Aba, Onitsha and Nnewi?.
Banking is very important to the economy. If you have business in an area, planning to have business in an area, you can join resources with like minds in the area to set up an association or organisation that can lead to the growth of businesses or create more opportunities to people in your area.
Old 14th November 2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:

Look for more partners, market your ideas may be the remaining 13 billion Naira will come.
If not invest your 12 billion in an existing National banks, since you don't have the fund for one.
Old 14th November 2012, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosa2 View Post
Truth is that until I see this requirement on the official CBN website or document I refuse to believe that SLS would be so stupid. I've heard a lot of "facts" being peddled that turned out not to be facts, and if truly SLS stipulated an unconstitutional geopolitical criteria then he's unfit to be CBN governor.

http://www.cenbank.org/OUT/2010/CIRC...20RELEASED.PDF

Read and digest this.