Go Back   StockMarketNigeria.com Forums > Nigerian Stocks > Banking Stocks

Banking Stocks First Bank, Union Bank, GTB, Zenith Bank etc

Welcome to the StockMarketNigeria.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 26th November 2012, 10:47 AM
Forum Moderator
Points: 27,735, Level: 98 Points: 27,735, Level: 98 Points: 27,735, Level: 98
Activity: 54%
Activity: 54% Activity: 54% Activity: 54%

Groans: 0
Groaned at 17 Times in 17 Posts
Oracle is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Banks

Quote:
Originally Posted by hispy99
I'm ready for death - Ex-banker on hunger strike - The Punch - Nigeria's Most Widely Read Newspaper
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosa2 View Post
Is this guy still there?
(Looking at the man's picture in the link) You suppose to dey happy because the guy dey use Vitafoam mattress and pillow.

I know you would want to see more of these guys since you are a shareholder!
Old 26th November 2012, 01:14 PM
Forum Moderator
Points: 17,043, Level: 83 Points: 17,043, Level: 83 Points: 17,043, Level: 83
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Groans: 2
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
waaan5 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
(Looking at the man's picture in the link) You suppose to dey happy because the guy dey use Vitafoam mattress and pillow.

I know you would want to see more of these guys since you are a shareholder!
All the talk of wanting to die an shakara. No nigerian big man (which this guy is obviously one) want that. Check - He has a personal doctor on stand-by, nice foam, good handset, etc., and is in regular communication with friends in the upper echelon, including the presidency. I just wonder why the president of his association and other officials are not camping with him (doing only visits)?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 26th November 2012, 03:22 PM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by waaan5 View Post
All the talk of wanting to die an shakara. No nigerian big man (which this guy is obviously one) want that. Check - He has a personal doctor on stand-by, nice foam, good handset, etc., and is in regular communication with friends in the upper echelon, including the presidency. I just wonder why the president of his association and other officials are not camping with him (doing only visits)?
And Nosa2's wish will be for them to always go with vitafoam mattress, vitafoam pillow and the duvet!
Old 26th November 2012, 04:48 PM
Points: 40,523, Level: 100 Points: 40,523, Level: 100 Points: 40,523, Level: 100
Activity: 14%
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Groans: 53
Groaned at 10 Times in 10 Posts
nosa2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to nosa2 Send a message via Skype™ to nosa2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
And Nosa2's wish will be for them to always go with vitafoam mattress, vitafoam pillow and the duvet!
Me wey go soon run from vita foam.
Old 26th November 2012, 06:10 PM
Points: 5,778, Level: 49 Points: 5,778, Level: 49 Points: 5,778, Level: 49
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
afolabi27 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Me wey go soon run from vita foam.

I am tempted to buy if I see sub 3.30
Old 26th November 2012, 09:41 PM
Points: 19,455, Level: 88 Points: 19,455, Level: 88 Points: 19,455, Level: 88
Activity: 21%
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%

Groaned at 12 Times in 11 Posts
Picolena66 is on a distinguished road

Nigeria: New Banking Model Working - CBN *
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) says the new banking model is taking
root in the country as it has issued merchant banking licence to two
institutions one of which is poised to bring in N16 billion into the
Nigerian economy.
allAfrica.com: Nigeria: New Banking Model Working - CBN
Old 26th November 2012, 11:08 PM
Points: 9,945, Level: 66 Points: 9,945, Level: 66 Points: 9,945, Level: 66
Activity: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Groans: 1
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Dicobody is on a distinguished road

Cashless economy: Prominent Nigerians brainstorm in Lagos
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 27th November 2012, 03:11 AM
Forum Moderator
Points: 86,724, Level: 100 Points: 86,724, Level: 100 Points: 86,724, Level: 100
Activity: 81%
Activity: 81% Activity: 81% Activity: 81%

Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
hispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nice

FG to reduce lending rate for growth - The Punch - Nigeria's Most Widely Read Newspaper
Old 27th November 2012, 03:28 AM
Forum Moderator
Points: 86,724, Level: 100 Points: 86,724, Level: 100 Points: 86,724, Level: 100

hispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nice

Quote:
Is this guy still there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmanuel ewumi View Post
Please don't die. Once there is life, there is hope. My broda all will be well.
Quote:
Ex-banker bows to pressure, suspends hunger strike - The Punch - Nigeria's Most Widely Read Newspaper
Old 27th November 2012, 03:35 AM
Forum Moderator

Banks pressure exporters as Customs rejects credit certificates
Old 27th November 2012, 08:10 AM
Points: 5,362, Level: 47 Points: 5,362, Level: 47 Points: 5,362, Level: 47
Activity: 39%
Activity: 39% Activity: 39% Activity: 39%

Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Born 2be rich is on a distinguished road

Ex-banker bows to pressure, suspends hunger strike — The Punch - Nigeria's Most Widely Read Newspaper

I really felt for this guy....I am glad he has now got the attention of the Lagos state government...
The Following User Says Thank You to Born 2be rich For This Useful Post:
afolabi27 (27th November 2012)
Old 27th November 2012, 11:30 AM
Forum Moderator
Points: 42,798, Level: 100 Points: 42,798, Level: 100 Points: 42,798, Level: 100
Activity: 47%
Activity: 47% Activity: 47% Activity: 47%

Groans: 18
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
knightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of light

Mission accomplished...

Quote:
After persuasion and engagement by the state officials and consultation with members of the Association of Ex-Staff of Non-Consolidated Bank, (So they have an association)who had gathered at the site which lasted for about three hours, Odunaro who clocked 53 on Monday announced the suspension of the protest.

He said, “This struggle is not only about myself; it’s about the right of over 14,000 ex-workers of non-consolidated banks (It was a fight for honor. Typical Nigerians refused to join him but will be willing to enjoy the outcome of his hunger strike)who are ably represented here today.

“The Lagos State Government and the PCC have given me and my people their word and I would hold on to it. My other colleagues too have appealed to me to give the state government the opportunity to play their part in this matter.

“In view of this, I announce the suspension of my hunger strike for two weeks to enable me to go for medical treatment and allow the state government play its part in this debacle.”

"Pursue excellence and success will follow, pants down" - Ranchoddas Shamaldas Chanchad

"People do not have to believe in you for you to succeed. Work hard. When you succeed, they will believe." - Stephen Keshi
The Following User Says Thank You to knightofdelta For This Useful Post:
afolabi27 (27th November 2012)
Old 27th November 2012, 01:27 PM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofdelta View Post
Mission accomplished...
This is why nigerians are generally not taken seriously outside the shore of this land! This man raised so much expectations that a nigerian is finally willing to stand up for something, only to crumble like this? Though Oracle and many of us saw through the facade for what it is - a news grabbing photo op!

So what did he achieve? Some promises from a state government official and pleadings from his friends and family Did Lagos state float the defunct bank? Are they the one owing this guy? If it is assuance from any quarters, that this guy was craving, why waste 2 weeks, he could have called me on day one to assure him that I will look into his issue, and save us the drama.

Fasting for just 2 weeks and he is now going for medical attention? Millions of Nigerians fast for a much longer period without any ado! And with what money is he going for treatment since he has not been paid by his former employer?

The problem with the rich (represented by this man) is that they have cornered everything in nija including the 'right to cry against injustice'! This man just hijacked and shipwrecked the genuine greviances of the unjustly treated
The Following User Says Thank You to waaan5 For This Useful Post:
Oracle (27th November 2012)
Old 27th November 2012, 01:48 PM
Forum Moderator
Points: 42,798, Level: 100 Points: 42,798, Level: 100 Points: 42,798, Level: 100
Activity: 47%
Activity: 47% Activity: 47% Activity: 47%

Groans: 18
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
knightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
This is why nigerians are generally not taken seriously outside the shore of this land! This man raised so much expectations that a nigerian is finally willing to stand up for something, only to crumble like this? Though Oracle and many of us saw through the facade for what it is - a news grabbing photo op!

So what did he achieve? Some promises from a state government official and pleadings from his friends and family Did Lagos state float the defunct bank? Are they the one owing this guy? If it is assuance from any quarters, that this guy was craving, why waste 2 weeks, he could have called me on day one to assure him that I will look into his issue, and save us the drama.

Fasting for just 2 weeks and he is now going for medical attention? Millions of Nigerians fast for a much longer period without any ado! And with what money is he going for treatment since he has not been paid by his former employer?

The problem with the rich (represented by this man) is that they have cornered everything in nija including the 'right to cry against injustice'! This man just hijacked and shipwrecked the genuine greviances of the unjustly treated
*dives for cover*

"Pursue excellence and success will follow, pants down" - Ranchoddas Shamaldas Chanchad

"People do not have to believe in you for you to succeed. Work hard. When you succeed, they will believe." - Stephen Keshi
Old 27th November 2012, 02:19 PM
Forum Moderator

Quote:

Exactly! This man is just a big boy seeking attention. He achieved NOTHING! I trust 9ja govt. Them don use sweet mouth take pursue am. The next thing we will see is that flowers would be planted(by Lagos State) in that place where he stayed and when next he goes there again, he will be charged for defacing public property.
Old 27th November 2012, 02:41 PM
Points: 16,106, Level: 81 Points: 16,106, Level: 81 Points: 16,106, Level: 81
Activity: 78%
Activity: 78% Activity: 78% Activity: 78%

Groaned at 10 Times in 10 Posts
migiets is on a distinguished road

Quote:

No mind the man. I guess he is now feeling cool because the Lagos state government has come to his 'aid'. He does not know that the National sports Festival tagged Eko 2012 is starting today and iam sure Lagos does not want any international media to start going there interviewing the man thereby focusing attention away from the games. After so much money spent on making Lagos ready for the games, the last thing Lagos government want is somebody diverting attention from them to himself. Na now, Hallmark Bank close shop?.
Old 27th November 2012, 06:14 PM
Points: 5,778, Level: 49 Points: 5,778, Level: 49 Points: 5,778, Level: 49
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
afolabi27 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

No way!

I don't agree with you one bit. This man did his best with resources at his disposal. He brought Government attention to the issue at hand.

If some others, particularly the other 14,000 affected have the courage to put their lives on the line and join him, a movement could have started.

I believe Fashola and Ayo Ipaye, we have not see the end of this matter, and that's due to the risk taken by this brave man. We need more of this activism.
Old 28th November 2012, 04:44 AM
Forum Moderator

‘Suspension of ATM Charge Not CBN’s Directive’, Articles | THISDAY LIVE
Old 28th November 2012, 04:46 AM
Forum Moderator

Credit to Private Sector Rises to N15.127tn in October, Articles | THISDAY LIVE
Old 28th November 2012, 10:14 AM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by afolabi27 View Post
No way!

I don't agree with you one bit. This man did his best with resources at his disposal. He brought Government attention to the issue at hand.

If some others, particularly the other 14,000 affected have the courage to put their lives on the line and join him, a movement could have started.

I believe Fashola and Ayo Ipaye, we have not see the end of this matter, and that's due to the risk taken by this brave man. We need more of this activism.
Thanks bro. Different perspectives, beauty of the SMN