Go Back   StockMarketNigeria.com Forums > Nigerian Stocks > Banking Stocks

Banking Stocks First Bank, Union Bank, GTB, Zenith Bank etc

Welcome to the StockMarketNigeria.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 16th January 2013, 04:04 AM
Forum Moderator
Points: 84,833, Level: 100 Points: 84,833, Level: 100 Points: 84,833, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
hispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nice
Default Re: The Banks

AMCON Restructures N1 Trillion Loans, Articles | THISDAY LIVE
Old 16th January 2013, 04:09 AM
Forum Moderator
Points: 84,833, Level: 100 Points: 84,833, Level: 100 Points: 84,833, Level: 100

hispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nice

Banks Yet to Resume Lending to Oil Marketers , Articles | THISDAY LIVE
Old 17th January 2013, 06:04 AM
Forum Moderator

Should the House Strip CBN of Banking Supervisory Role?, Articles | THISDAY LIVE
Old 17th January 2013, 06:18 AM
Forum Moderator

CBN revokes licences of 236 Bureaux de Change - The Punch - Nigeria's Most Widely Read Newspaper
Old 17th January 2013, 02:11 PM
Points: 49, Level: 1 Points: 49, Level: 1 Points: 49, Level: 1
Activity: 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Joseph Adejumo is on a distinguished road

Got information from NBS that inflation rose to 12.0 per cent year-on-year...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 17th January 2013, 02:21 PM
Forum Moderator
Points: 41,882, Level: 100 Points: 41,882, Level: 100 Points: 41,882, Level: 100
Activity: 52%
Activity: 52% Activity: 52% Activity: 52%

Groans: 18
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
knightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Adejumo View Post
Got information from NBS that inflation rose to 12.0 per cent year-on-year...
It actually dropped to 12.0%. The stock market was trending down when the information was released by NBS and the market made a u-turn.

"Pursue excellence and success will follow, pants down" - Ranchoddas Shamaldas Chanchad

"People do not have to believe in you for you to succeed. Work hard. When you succeed, they will believe." - Stephen Keshi
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to knightofdelta For This Useful Post:
Easy_2006 (28th January 2013)
Old 17th January 2013, 02:45 PM
Points: 49, Level: 1 Points: 49, Level: 1 Points: 49, Level: 1
Activity: 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Joseph Adejumo is on a distinguished road

Yes actually dropped from 12.3% in November to 12%
Old 17th January 2013, 03:27 PM
Forum Moderator
Points: 41,882, Level: 100 Points: 41,882, Level: 100 Points: 41,882, Level: 100

knightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Adejumo View Post
Yes actually dropped from 12.3% in November to 12%
That is one of the reasons I remain bullish on equities at this time. Last year when equities went on a little run, I was not fully convinced because bond yields were pretty high at 16% and no matter how people buy equities, they will keep one eye on the bond market.

With yields just playing around inflation rate, there is no real return as incentives. And yields are likely to keep dropping with reducing inflation. I won't keep my money deep into the mattress as Oracle advocates but right at the edge of the mattress. The market may take a breather for a few days but the bullish run will most likely continue until results start coming in and re-pricing would start, based on full year results/corporate actions.

I made mention of it that the next line of action for equities is highly dependent on inflation figures. The figures are out and CBN is not likely to increase MPR neither is it likely to reduce it. But it is likely to up OMO auctions a little bit to keep inflation on even keel.

Oh, and one more thing, 1.1 trillion naira is coming into the system in the next few weeks to months as 2013 FGN bonds mature and a truckload will hit us in March especially from 8s1 bonds (using bankers' lingo). With very little yields available for re-investment, the equity market will take the hit. So, if you think the bulls are over, please brace yourself. March to June 2013 is going to be a historical period in the life of the Nigeria Stock Exchange.

"Pursue excellence and success will follow, pants down" - Ranchoddas Shamaldas Chanchad

"People do not have to believe in you for you to succeed. Work hard. When you succeed, they will believe." - Stephen Keshi

Last edited by knightofdelta; 17th January 2013 at 03:56 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to knightofdelta For This Useful Post:
kenneth10 (17th January 2013), migiets (17th January 2013)
Old 17th January 2013, 03:32 PM
Points: 18,714, Level: 86 Points: 18,714, Level: 86 Points: 18,714, Level: 86
Activity: 66%
Activity: 66% Activity: 66% Activity: 66%

Groaned at 12 Times in 11 Posts
Picolena66 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofdelta View Post
That is one of the reasons I remain bullish on equities at this time. Last year when equities went on a little run, I was not fully convinced because bond yields were pretty high at 16% and no matter how people buy equities, they will keep one eye on the bond market.

With yields just playing around inflation rate, there is no real return as incentives. And yields are likely to keep dropping with reducing inflation. I won't keep my money deep into the mattress as Oracle advocates but right at the edge of the mattress. The market may take a breather for a few days but the bullish run will most likely continue until results start coming in and re-pricing would start, based on full year results/corporate actions.

I made mention of it that the next line of action for equities is highly dependent on inflation figures. The figures are out and CBN is not likely to increase MPR neither is it likely to reduce it. But it is likely to up OMO auctions a little bit to keep inflation on even keel.

Oh, and one more thing, 1.1 trillion naira is coming into the system in the next few weeks to months as 2013 FGN bonds mature and a truckload will hit us in March especially from 8s1 bonds (using bankers' lingo). With very little yields available for re-investment, the equity market will take the hit. So, if you think the bulls are over, please brace yourself. March to June 2012 is going to be a historical period in the life of the Nigeria Stock Exchange.

Hmmm............Note to self

Oga KOD as spoken.........cheers
Old 17th January 2013, 03:44 PM
Forum Moderator
Points: 27,075, Level: 97 Points: 27,075, Level: 97 Points: 27,075, Level: 97
Activity: 87%
Activity: 87% Activity: 87% Activity: 87%

Groaned at 17 Times in 17 Posts
Oracle is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Oh, and one more thing, 1.1 trillion naira is coming into the system in the next few weeks to months as 2013 FGN bonds mature and a truckload will hit us in March especially from 8s1 bonds (using bankers' lingo). With very little yields available for re-investment, the equity market will take the hit. So, if you think the bulls are over, please brace yourself. March to June 2012 is going to be a historical period in the life of the Nigeria Stock Exchange.
KOD, e be like say you no know say matress dey go market. Let prices fall and then you will know say matress sef fit enter market.
Old 17th January 2013, 03:46 PM
Forum Moderator
Points: 27,075, Level: 97 Points: 27,075, Level: 97 Points: 27,075, Level: 97
Activity: 87%
Activity: 87% Activity: 87% Activity: 87%

Groaned at 17 Times in 17 Posts
Oracle is on a distinguished road

Quote:

March to June 2012? E ne kidim e kid!!!!
Old 17th January 2013, 03:54 PM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
March to June 2012? E ne kidim e kid!!!!
As if you no know say na 2013 I wan type. I fit give you e-body slam if you careful o.

Old 17th January 2013, 07:26 PM
Points: 1,410, Level: 21 Points: 1,410, Level: 21 Points: 1,410, Level: 21
Activity: 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Groans: 1
kenneth10 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Oh, and one more thing, 1.1 trillion naira is coming into the system in the next few weeks to months as 2013 FGN bonds mature and a truckload will hit us in March especially from 8s1 bonds (using bankers' lingo). With very little yields available for re-investment, the equity market will take the hit. So, if you think the bulls are over, please brace yourself. March to June 2013 is going to be a historical period in the life of the Nigeria Stock Exchange.
Abeg thank you for this. Pls more of that
Old 17th January 2013, 10:12 PM
Points: 41,891, Level: 100 Points: 41,891, Level: 100 Points: 41,891, Level: 100
Activity: 79%
Activity: 79% Activity: 79% Activity: 79%

Salida is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Sir KOD, We have been here before. How sustainable is this falling bond yields? That rally between March and June will definitely generate revenue for some people having their sights on 2015. As usual the country has a huge expense that will be incurred when the politicking for seats to Political positions starts soon. I am sure SLS and his team are also preparing for that. Head or tail, the banks are definitely better positioned now with their "refurbished" balance sheets.
Old 18th January 2013, 03:22 AM
Forum Moderator

Democratising CBN is long overdue - The Punch - Nigeria's Most Widely Read Newspaper
Old 18th January 2013, 12:27 PM
Points: 18,714, Level: 86 Points: 18,714, Level: 86 Points: 18,714, Level: 86
Activity: 66%
Activity: 66% Activity: 66% Activity: 66%

Groaned at 12 Times in 11 Posts
Picolena66 is on a distinguished road

allAfrica.com: Nigeria: Cashless Policy - Interswitch Introduces Safetoken
Old 18th January 2013, 01:05 PM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salida View Post
Sir KOD, We have been here before. How sustainable is this falling bond yields? That rally between March and June will definitely generate revenue for some people having their sights on 2015. As usual the country has a huge expense that will be incurred when the politicking for seats to Political positions starts soon. I am sure SLS and his team are also preparing for that. Head or tail, the banks are definitely better positioned now with their "refurbished" balance sheets.
Sir Salida, There is a serious shift in underlying macroeconomic variables. Inflation is trending down, and thankfully Amcon is almost through with their destruction of taxpayer's funds (what with Otedola valuing his sunglasses at N21 billion according to Sir Hispy99).

2015 is still a long way out and the time for "money laundering" and "budget padding" hasn't started. With electricity improving in most parts of the country, the effects should be felt in the next six months in economic output.

Like you said, heads or tail, money laundering or not, high or low interest rates, high or low inflation, the banks will remain winners.

Old 19th January 2013, 04:41 AM
Forum Moderator

CBN to mop up N826bn from circulation in first quarter
Old 19th January 2013, 10:01 AM
Points: 7,924, Level: 59 Points: 7,924, Level: 59 Points: 7,924, Level: 59
Activity: 21%
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%

cecemontero is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hispy99 View Post
With the rates below inflation, it's not attractive at all.
Old 20th January 2013, 09:23 PM
Forum Moderator

Electronic fund transfer to hit N17.34tn by March - The Punch - Nigeria's Most Widely Read Newspaper