StockMarketNigeria.com Forums

StockMarketNigeria.com Forums (http://www.stockmarketnigeria.com/forums/)
-   Building, construction, engineering stocks (http://www.stockmarketnigeria.com/forums/building-construction-engineering-stocks/)
-   -   UACN Property Development Company PLC (http://www.stockmarketnigeria.com/forums/building-construction-engineering-stocks/595-uacn-property-development-company-plc.html)

gettingalpha 29th September 2007 01:04 PM

UACN Property Development Company PLC

Considering the number of large-scale property developments that UAC properties has embarked on in the past couple of years, do you guys think it is a sound long-term investment?

I also heard some 'unofficial rumours' about UAC properties being on the verge of foreclosure by a consortium of banks, due to the scale of funding required for their property developments.

Right now, the share value is N21.02. Personally, I tend to think that good long-term investments are the penny stock. What do you guys think?

Yusuf 29th September 2007 10:35 PM

Thinking Long term?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gettingalpha (Post 6264)
Considering the number of large-scale property developments that UAC properties has embarked on in the past couple of years, do you guys think it is a sound long-term investment?

I also heard some 'unofficial rumours' about UAC properties being on the verge of foreclosure by a consortium of banks, due to the scale of funding required for their property developments.

Right now, the share value is N21.02. Personally, I tend to think that good long-term investments are the penny stock. What do you guys think?

If your investment strategy is long term, I will advise you carefully choose good penny stock that you can watch growing. You can make millions from such stock if you are lucky. But for UAC property, it will definitely grow but not to that extent you expected.

MR. CEE 1st October 2007 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yusuf (Post 6278)
If your investment strategy is long term, I will advise you carefully choose good penny stock that you can watch growing. You can make millions from such stock if you are lucky. But for UAC property, it will definitely grow but not to that extent you expected.

Yusuf,

Talking of good penny stocks could you recommend some I heard that UTC is not bad what do you think

Survival2006 3rd October 2007 10:43 AM

Favorite Penny Stocks

I can confidently speak well of C & I Leasing, Japaul, Crusader, Custodian & Allied, AIICO, Lasaco, MBenefit, Wapic, Vitafoam, Berger Paints, Evans Medical, May & Baker, Livestock, Law Union ..... They will return well in 2008 and even in 2007!

Take note of them.

odutaa 7th March 2008 08:16 AM

can someone tell me of stock to invest into,i am new to stocks and presently outside the country,and pls what is the future of uac properties thanks guys

idowu_k 7th March 2008 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by odutaa (Post 12813)
can someone tell me of stock to invest into,i am new to stocks and presently outside the country,and pls what is the future of uac properties thanks guys

I can conveniently and confidently assure you that the future of UAC properties is very bright i.e promising to long-term investors. You will never regret investing in the stock. I recommend a long-term investment.

anekwlc 7th March 2008 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idowu_k (Post 12830)
I can conveniently and confidently assure you that the future of UAC properties is very bright i.e promising to long-term investors. You will never regret investing in the stock. I recommend a long-term investment.

Hello Idowu,
You actually sounded so confident and sure about this stock. Can we share with you things you have seen in the company

odutaa 7th March 2008 03:46 PM

uac prop

thanks guys,like i said i am presently outside the country but my broker wants me to invest in this company,he also said longterm.

hispy99 19th May 2008 05:11 PM

UACN -PROPERTY DEVELOPMENT PLC, UNAUDITED FIRST QUARTER RESULT FOR THE PERIOD ENDED MARCH 31, 2008

TURNOVER 08 N1.638b, 07 N1.075b

PBT 08 N545.651m, 07 N300.942m

TAXATION 08 (N174.604m) 07 (N96.301m)

PAT 08 N371.043m, 07 N204.641m

BLUEMONEY 19th May 2008 07:21 PM

very interesting

odutaa 19th May 2008 09:58 PM

uac prop

house please help me with this ,............sell or hold

kazeemy 19th May 2008 10:59 PM

based on this result, its a buy. it'll be nice if they can keep it up for the whole year. I specifically like the rise in turnover

zainabusman 20th May 2008 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kazeemy (Post 18752)
based on this result, its a buy. it'll be nice if they can keep it up for the whole year. I specifically like the rise in turnover

Remember that real estate business is different from most. The turnover tends to fluctuate more than other businesses.

billions 20th May 2008 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zainabusman (Post 18757)
Remember that real estate business is different from most. The turnover tends to fluctuate more than other businesses.

but why is dat..i tot d reverse shd b d case.tx.

lynste 15th July 2008 05:29 PM

Uac Property

I really want somebody to brief me on what to do. Sometime last year I called my broker to sell 5000 units of my UAC Property shares. After some reasonable time and the stock was not sold, I called him again to stop the sales seeing that it was doing well in the exchange. He told me he stopped. When the dividend warrant came last week, I discovered that my holdings was short of 1000 units. I called the broker to explain, all he did was to print my cscs statement and it bears the correct holdings. What do you advise?

lynste 15th July 2008 06:09 PM

shortfall of my holdings

I started a new thread not knowing it already exist. I need a dire advise on what to do. Sometime last year about October, I called my broker to sell 5000 units of my Uac properties. Each time I called the broker, he says the stocks are not sold yet. I decided to stop the sales since the price was doing well in the Exchange. Last week I got my dividend warrant and my holdings was short of 1000 units, I called the broker to explain and all he did was to send me my current cscs statement. The statement bears the correct holdings, Pls advise on my next action.

BLUEMONEY 16th July 2008 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynste (Post 24883)
I really want somebody to brief me on what to do. Sometime last year I called my broker to sell 5000 units of my UAC Property shares. After some reasonable time and the stock was not sold, I called him again to stop the sales seeing that it was doing well in the exchange. He told me he stopped. When the dividend warrant came last week, I discovered that my holdings was short of 1000 units. I called the broker to explain, all he did was to print my cscs statement and it bears the correct holdings. What do you advise?

I would suggest you approach the registrars of UAC PROPERTY. They would be able to explain to you. since your CSCS statement bears the correct holdings, you can take it with you when you are going there.
I believe the error is from the registrar.

kenebobo 17th July 2008 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynste (Post 24887)
I started a new thread not knowing it already exist. I need a dire advise on what to do. Sometime last year about October, I called my broker to sell 5000 units of my Uac properties. Each time I called the broker, he says the stocks are not sold yet. I decided to stop the sales since the price was doing well in the Exchange. Last week I got my dividend warrant and my holdings was short of 1000 units, I called the broker to explain and all he did was to send me my current cscs statement. The statement bears the correct holdings, Pls advise on my next action.

My brother, go with your cscs account ur broker printed out and your dividend warrant to the Registra at UAC registra located at UAC house near CMS bus stop. They would sort it out

knightofdelta 17th July 2008 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynste (Post 24887)

I just hope your broker has not played a fast one on you by doing an illegal short sale. The registrar will definitely sort out the whole mess.

riskreturn 25th July 2008 02:56 PM

UACN PROPERTY DEVELOPMENT CO. PLC
UNAUDITED RESULT FOR 6 MONTHS ENDED 30-06-2008
2008 2007
TURNOVER N5.247b N2.365b
PROFIT BEFORE TAXATION N2.554b N905.409m
TAXATION (N817.328m) (N289.731m)
PROFIT AFTER TAXATION N1.736b N615.671m