Go Back   StockMarketNigeria.com Forums > Nigerian Stocks > Building, construction, engineering stocks

Building, construction, engineering stocks Julius Berger, Cement Companies, etc

Welcome to the StockMarketNigeria.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 21st December 2011, 03:16 PM
Points: 10,670, Level: 68 Points: 10,670, Level: 68 Points: 10,670, Level: 68
Activity: 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
horlads is on a distinguished road
Default re: Cement Co. of Northern Nigeria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
Yes you are right!

How this Xmas go be nauw? Make I come house?
Which house? Waan5 ghetto for Ajegunle? Abeg quick come, make the number of mosquitoes/head reduce small...

A hen that leaves her chicks unguarded should not complain when the predatory hawk comes calling - horlads
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 21st December 2011, 03:25 PM
Forum Moderator
Points: 26,707, Level: 97 Points: 26,707, Level: 97 Points: 26,707, Level: 97
Activity: 70%
Activity: 70% Activity: 70% Activity: 70%

Groaned at 17 Times in 17 Posts
Oracle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by horlads View Post
Which house? Waan5 ghetto for Ajegunle? Abeg quick come, make the number of mosquitoes/head reduce small...
You dey stay ghetto.
Waaaan$$$$ dey stay ghetto
Migiets dey stay ghetto
KOD dey stay ghetto.

E be like say ghetto na the new Lagos slang for 8 bedroom duplex for Banana Island. I dey come that ghetto anyhow e be!!!!

I get mosquito repellant cream and mosquito net.
Old 21st December 2011, 03:30 PM

Quote:
You dey stay ghetto.
Migiets dey stay ghetto
KOD dey stay ghetto.

E be like say ghetto na the new Lagos slang for 8 bedroom duplex for Banana Island. I dey come that ghetto anyhow e be!!!!

Come to think of it...When I ran my NYSC in Gombe state, I encountered mosquitoes that defied repellent creams oh...Don't bet your cash bro. Dis ones go suck ya blood....their proboscis na straw...

A hen that leaves her chicks unguarded should not complain when the predatory hawk comes calling - horlads
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 21st December 2011, 03:53 PM
Points: 39,494, Level: 100 Points: 39,494, Level: 100 Points: 39,494, Level: 100
Activity: 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Groans: 53
Groaned at 10 Times in 10 Posts
nosa2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to nosa2 Send a message via Skype™ to nosa2

Quote:
IMHO, it is seriously under valued but it can remain so for longer than your time horizon
If the trend in the quarterly results continue and these guys come out with an eps of 1.70 I'll be very happy to hold this stock. Consider this scenario, eps of 1.7 and a drop in rates, do you really think this stock would sell below 10. Anyway I've put my money where my mouth is so I guess only time would tell
Old 21st December 2011, 04:01 PM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Come to think of it...When I ran my NYSC in Gombe state, I encountered mosquitoes that defied repellent creams oh...Don't bet your cash bro. Dis ones go suck ya blood....their proboscis na straw...
E no matter! All I just want na the shicken pepper soup ati Shairman( Heeineken)[agbero accent]

make i quickly go book my flight.

Hope say you know say 26th, 27th of December na Public holiday. 2nd of January 2012 will also be public holiday.

Why do we always have holidays in Nigeria? I mean if holidays fall into the weekened( like Xmas), it would be shifted to a weekday. Why can't the government just take it the way they see it? I think our govt is a faaaaaji govt. They are in Aso rock where they rock(faaaaji) always! Why should they see delight in not working(by shifting weekend holidays to weekdays). I dey surprised ooo!
Old 21st December 2011, 04:08 PM

Quote:
E no matter! All I just want na the shicken pepper soup ati Shairman( Heeineken)[agbero accent]

Hope say you know say 26th, 27th of December na Public holiday. 2nd of January 2012 will also be public holiday.

Why do we always have holidays in Nigeria? I mean if holidays fall into the weekened( like Xmas), it would be shifted to a weekday. Why can't the government just take it the way they see it? I think our govt is a faaaaaji govt. They are in Aso rock where they rock(faaaaji) always! Why should they see delight in not working(by shifting weekend holidays to weekdays). I dey surprised ooo!

Na so oh....Na Obasanjo start am oh...But me like am sha...more days to do d faaji as you talk...

Old 21st December 2011, 04:26 PM
Points: 5,164, Level: 46 Points: 5,164, Level: 46 Points: 5,164, Level: 46
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

halfbread is on a distinguished road

Quote:

how dey wan take finish this one wey then allocate for themself if they no add weekday join. Premium Times - Jonathan, Sambo to spend N1billion on food in 2012
Old 21st December 2011, 06:17 PM
Forum Moderator
Points: 41,580, Level: 100 Points: 41,580, Level: 100 Points: 41,580, Level: 100
Activity: 47%
Activity: 47% Activity: 47% Activity: 47%

Groans: 17
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
knightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
My Oga, you think say the post of a moderator means say you go get CFA. Me no get oo and I no dey ready to get. I fit help you beg EIC so that them give you the post so that you go see say you mustn't be a pro. Never said I was a pro. I'm just a bloody mechanical engineer who ensures that all trains running from Sokoto to Lagos are in good condition.

My Oga, this one wey you come begin attack me like this, I be your boy oooo!!!!!! Smile for once nauw!
So you don carry your incompetency go NRC again, abi? How many trains have you seen on that route in the past 10 years?

Make I call Goodluck....

"Pursue excellence and success will follow, pants down" - Ranchoddas Shamaldas Chanchad

"People do not have to believe in you for you to succeed. Work hard. When you succeed, they will believe." - Stephen Keshi
Old 22nd December 2011, 08:12 AM
Points: 5,512, Level: 47 Points: 5,512, Level: 47 Points: 5,512, Level: 47

goldsun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashrules View Post
Oga Oracle....U be investment Analyst????? anyway this ur analysis dey very interesting!!!

But the good tin is dat you arrived at the same price at which I would be ready to buy CCNN

I have a lot of friends some so called investent banks in naija and they gave me an indepth analysis on CCNN....when am able to dig out one of the files i would post it here on this forum for the gurus to critique..
i'll be waiting for it
Old 22nd December 2011, 09:49 AM
Points: 14,665, Level: 78 Points: 14,665, Level: 78 Points: 14,665, Level: 78
Activity: 97%
Activity: 97% Activity: 97% Activity: 97%

migiets is on a distinguished road

Quote:
You dey stay ghetto.
Migiets dey stay ghetto
KOD dey stay ghetto.

I have stopped several times to buy banana at the banana island in Ore on the pot hole ridden Lagos-Sagamu-Ore-Benin expressway road and i have not seen any 8 bedroom duplex. Could such duplex be further inside the forest or is there another banana island that only you are aware of?. .
Old 22nd December 2011, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by migiets View Post
I have stopped several times to buy banana at the banana island in Ore on the pot hole ridden Lagos-Sagamu-Ore-Benin expressway road and i have not seen any 8 bedroom duplex. Could such duplex be further inside the forest or is there another banana island that only you are aware of?. .
Nice one...

Old 18th January 2012, 10:38 PM
Points: 39,494, Level: 100 Points: 39,494, Level: 100 Points: 39,494, Level: 100

Quote:
Have you ask yourself the relationship between CCNN and another cement company that has 50% stake in CCNN? CCNN is even paying them(Damnaz cement company) Oando-style management and technical fees.

Why are the board of directors not having(or having paltry amount) any units in the company,CCNN? Why are they there on the board? If I happen to buy like 15% of the firm, will they put me on the board to replace those that have ''Nil'' as their interest in the firm? Checking the shareholding distribution, 52 persons have 1,000.001 units and above. Why can't these people replace those that are on the board? Or is it that the 50% stakeholder(Damnaz) chose the people that will be on the board because he owns half of the company? If the firm did that, then there are many questions to be asked. Questions about buying and supplying of spare parts, questions about management fees and many more.

Just forget this stock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo66 View Post
nosa2 go vex for dis N2.50 wen u put so. That is the bitter truth, though!

And Mr. Market is currently talking
Old 19th January 2012, 06:39 AM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosa2 View Post
And Mr. Market is currently talking
When it gets to your target, sell ooo. No dey greedy. Cos it must get to that low!
Old 2nd February 2012, 07:36 PM
Points: 5,882, Level: 49 Points: 5,882, Level: 49 Points: 5,882, Level: 49
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Groans: 4
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
MalamImam is on a distinguished road

CCNN may be heading to N3 or worse if BH carry out their threat in Sokoto! It is difficult for this coy to operate successfully in such a hostile environment. No wonder, it lost 5% today!
Old 3rd February 2012, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalamImam View Post
CCNN may be heading to N3 or worse if BH carry out their threat in Sokoto! It is difficult for this coy to operate successfully in such a hostile environment. No wonder, it lost 5% today!
I wish I could disagree but with the look of things I have to concur but I ain't selling, N1.70 earnings no be beans so all man for him self God for us all
Old 11th April 2012, 08:59 PM
Points: 6,408, Level: 52 Points: 6,408, Level: 52 Points: 6,408, Level: 52

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
austine42007 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosa2 View Post
I wish I could disagree but with the look of things I have to concur but I ain't selling, N1.70 earnings no be beans so all man for him self God for us all

Any news on CCNN and NEM board meeting?
Old 16th April 2012, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by austine42007 View Post
Any news on CCNN and NEM board meeting?
BREAKING NEWS: CCNN had just announced a cash dividend of N0.45....

Something to cheer about....away from the land gist...

Old 16th April 2012, 01:50 PM
Points: 9,242, Level: 64 Points: 9,242, Level: 64 Points: 9,242, Level: 64
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

cashrules is on a distinguished road

Quote:
BREAKING NEWS: CCNN had just announced a cash dividend of N0.45....

Something to cheer about....away from the land gist...
CEMENT CO. OF NORTHERN NIGERIA PLC
April 16th 2012
Audited Results (Dec, 2011)
Profit and Loss Information
Turnover 31-12-11 N13.915b 31-12-10 N11.181b
Cost of Sales 11 (N7.629b) 10 (N7.067b)
Operating & Admin Expenses 11 (N3.743b) 10 (N2.764b)
Other Income 11 N947.918m 10 N714.793m
Finance Charges 11 (N195.259m) 10 (N312.044m)
Profit before Tax 11 N3.294b 10 N1.752b
Taxation 11 (N989.581m) 10 (N483.000m)
Profit after Tax 11 N2.304b 10 N1.269b

Balance Sheet Information
Fixed Assets 31-12-11 N5.683b 31-12-10 N5.413b
Long Term Investments 11 Nil 10 Nil
Stocks 11 N4.844b 10 N3.448b
Trade Debtors 11 N618.680m 10 N427.888mm
Cash and Bank Balances 11 N608.502m 10 N767.904m
Other Debit Balances 11 N813.985m 10 N663.151m
Trade Creditors 11 N1.943b 10 N2.067b
Short term Borrowings 11 Nil 10 N1.098b
Other Credit Balances 11 N866.746m 10 N750.758m
Working Capital 11 N2.974b 10 N908.408m
Net Assets 11 N7.003b 10 N4.847b

Corporate Actions
Proposed Dividend 45 kobo
Proposed Bonus Nil
Qualification Date Not yet communicated
Closure Date Not yet communicated
AGM Date Not yet communicated
Payment Date Not yet communicated
AGM Venue Not yet communicated
Notes
Old 16th April 2012, 02:17 PM

Quote:
April 16th 2012

Corporate Actions
Proposed Bonus Nil
Notes
Based on today's price the p.e is 2.6, they have zero debt, increased turnover and still managed to double profits despite boko Haram. I am definitely not selling, at least not until… this is definitely one of the cheapest stocks on the exchange.

For future reference EPS is N1.8
Old 16th April 2012, 04:36 PM
Points: 6,408, Level: 52 Points: 6,408, Level: 52 Points: 6,408, Level: 52

austine42007 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
April 16th 2012

Corporate Actions
Proposed Bonus Nil
Notes
IMPRESSIVE RESULT

But this their plenty NOT YET COMMUNICATED no good ooo

Oga Oracle, you still dey for NEM? I dey wait o... do release our result.

Last edited by austine42007; 16th April 2012 at 04:38 PM.