StockMarketNigeria.com Forums

StockMarketNigeria.com Forums (http://www.stockmarketnigeria.com/forums/)
-   Food/Beverages & Tobacco stocks (http://www.stockmarketnigeria.com/forums/food-beverages-tobacco-stocks/)
-   -   Nestle (http://www.stockmarketnigeria.com/forums/food-beverages-tobacco-stocks/513-nestle.html)

Soweto 28th August 2007 08:07 AM

Nestle

Morning Guys

What do you think of this stock, it has come down dramatically from its new highs and has been oscillating around N200. Do you think it is a good buy now.

Soweto 29th August 2007 09:20 AM

What is your view on this stock for a short term. Any dark side please?

Soweto 30th August 2007 03:40 PM

Nestle,cardbury,unilever: Are these stocks on special? Remember the financials is end of year. I have put a bid for cardbury@any price bw 30.50&31.50,Nestle 190&195.

DaInvestor 4th September 2007 04:59 PM

Nestle is a good buy anyday, but i must warn it is not one of the shares for a speculative investor.
if u are looking at long term it is a good buy, they are consistent at giving dividends and bonus, i think they gave a bonus at their last financials and the price hovering around 200 is due to price adjustment,
i expect it to pick up gradually as it always does, its like a GTB kinda stock moves slowly but u are sure u get benefits and u can sleep well at night knowing ur money is not only safe but growing

c kenneths 4th September 2007 06:20 PM

Nestle is always a good buy any day, and will continue to attract patronage of big investors.
The only issue they have is their dwindling performance indicators; it seems earnings in this company is declining. High costs of doing business, and the Nigerian factor.

But all is well fundamentally.

Soweto 4th September 2007 07:07 PM

@DaInvestor

Thanks for the good advice but do you think I should buy @200 or should i live my bid at 190 &195.

C-ken

I am buying this for short and long term. If the price hit bact to 300 and above, i will sell. I have a strong feeling(just my feeling) that their end of year result will push up the share price by Jan (speculating). But thanks for the info.

wanaj0 5th September 2007 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c kenneths (Post 5355)
Nestle is always a good buy any day, and will continue to attract patronage of big investors.
The only issue they have is their dwindling performance indicators; it seems earnings in this company is declining. High costs of doing business, and the Nigerian factor.

But all is well fundamentally.

Major problem is competition and the reduction in disposable income. Recharge cards come first before Nestle products.

Nestle is never a short term stock. It is good for the Long Term.

Not sure the interest in Cadbury when the 2006 result is yet to be released. Right now, you can't say how bad the account of teh company is! Tread with care.

DaInvestor 5th September 2007 11:10 AM

i agree with wanaj0 concerning cadbury, and apart from the resructuring and international investors coming into unilever i dont see any thing attractive in the stock well thats on short term basis too, cos they didnt pay divident in their last financials, didnt really look at their books and projection though so i really dont know, but nestle im sure of and at the prices u quoted i wish u luck maybe if the bears continue in the market but i dont see the price coming below 190 unless the whole market is in recession or mismanagement from somewhere, so in conclusion 4 nestle the only way is up.

As per cadbury i wish u luck

c kenneths 5th September 2007 02:07 PM

Nestle looks like the type of stock that will fit perfectly into an institutional investor/ fund manager's portfolio.

The established business model, leading brands will ensure its appeal.

For the price of the stock to drop to N190.00, itís very possible owing to the fact that it is only a 5% drop away, this can happen in a day.

Soweto 10th September 2007 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c kenneths (Post 5379)
Nestle looks like the type of stock that will fit perfectly into an institutional investor/ fund manager's portfolio.

The established business model, leading brands will ensure its appeal.

For the price of the stock to drop to N190.00, itís very possible owing to the fact that it is only a 5% drop away, this can happen in a day.

I didnt check my statement b4 posting the last time. my broker actually bought within my bid price.Both Nestle and cardbury. Thanks for your contribution anyway.

ayo otesile 20th September 2007 08:02 PM

nestle

can i buy nestle for growth?

iluvstocks 21st March 2008 03:29 AM

Does anybody know if the Nestle bonus shares of last year have been issued? I am yet to receive mine.

zainabusman 21st March 2008 01:55 PM

Yes it has been issued. My CSCS was credited.

iluvstocks 22nd March 2008 03:06 AM

Thanks Zainab. when was it issued?

zainabusman 22nd March 2008 06:20 PM

Probably bw Dec 2007 and Feb 2008. It was credited to an inactive CSCS account of mine. I only saw it in February when i registered for online access on CSCS website.

iluvstocks 23rd March 2008 01:48 AM

Thank you very much. I will do something about it.

markfoy 17th June 2008 02:29 PM

Is this good for small time investors?

Hello guys/ladies,

I bliv investment in any security (or business for that matter) is all about numbers, I mean big volumes. With the market price of NESTLE well above N200, it means investors with extreemely limited cash (under N200k) cannot accumulate huge volume of this stock to make big bucks during the bull periods --except I go for margins/loans.

But I know its a performing stock and I really can't take my eyes off it. I hope to make a mid-to-long term investment but find it difficult to make up my mind on strong historical performance (with high share proce like NESTLE and flour mills) or to go for other seemingly undervalued stocks like vitafoam et al.

Guys I need your advice. Pls help

Apache 17th June 2008 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markfoy (Post 21844)
Hello guys/ladies,

I bliv investment in any security (or business for that matter) is all about numbers, I mean big volumes. With the market price of NESTLE well above N200, it means investors with extreemely limited cash (under N200k) cannot accumulate huge volume of this stock to make big bucks during the bull periods --except I go for margins/loans.

But I know its a performing stock and I really can't take my eyes off it. I hope to make a mid-to-long term investment but find it difficult to make up my mind on strong historical performance (with high share proce like NESTLE and flour mills) or to go for other seemingly undervalued stocks like vitafoam et al.

Guys I need your advice. Pls help

Personally, I don't think there's too much upside on the price of Nestle. I am not saying that's it's not a god buy but if you are looking for capital appreciation, I don't think this is the stock for you. You might not lose money buying it but i don't think it will give you the kind of returns you desire in terms of appreciation.
I have been wrong before so it's possible I might be again:)

riskreturn 12th August 2008 12:50 PM

Re: Nestle

NESTLE PLC
UNAUDITED RESULT FOR 6 MONTHS ENDED 30-06-2008
2008 2007
TURNOVER N22.903b N20.213b
PROFIT BEFORE TAXATION N4.812b N4.557b
TAXATION (N1.507b) (N1.557b)
PROFIT AFTER TAXATION N3.304b N3.072b

billions 12th August 2008 02:50 PM

Re: Nestle

Quote:

Originally Posted by riskreturn (Post 27543)
NESTLE PLC
UNAUDITED RESULT FOR 6 MONTHS ENDED 30-06-2008
2008 2007
TURNOVER N22.903b N20.213b
PROFIT BEFORE TAXATION N4.812b N4.557b
TAXATION (N1.507b) (N1.557b)
PROFIT AFTER TAXATION N3.304b N3.072b

The EPS is abt 10 naira based on dis result and d forward PE is 19.95.