StockMarketNigeria.com Forums

StockMarketNigeria.com Forums (http://www.stockmarketnigeria.com/forums/)
-   Insurance Stocks (http://www.stockmarketnigeria.com/forums/insurance-stocks/)
-   -   Igi (http://www.stockmarketnigeria.com/forums/insurance-stocks/456-igi.html)

FanIce 27th May 2007 05:18 PM

Info On Igi Insurance

Hi guys,

Does anyone have info on IGI? What are their fundamentals? What prospects for capital appreciation do they have post-listing. When do they intend to come to the NSE for listing? Please guys, I need to know. Let the information flow. Stockbear, Windy Wendy and the rest of u gurus let the ball start rolling.

whatsup 28th May 2007 11:49 PM

yes, i also want to know as well.

Friends, is it too late to take place in the private placement?

Cheers!

FanIce 29th May 2007 10:39 AM

Igi Private Placement

The IGI private placement from my sources has closed last week.
U can still try yr luck though from their main offices.
All the best anyway. Any insider info on the stock? Pls share

ajifowowe adeyemi 21st June 2007 10:18 AM

Igi?

Hi,
I don't understand what any of you mean by private placement.
To me I would say it a very risky game to play. There is not enough securiy in private placement compared to buying public offer o going to the secondary market as the case may be.
Notwithstanding, if a company is an unqouted PLC, then it is fairer to dabble into since somehow the NSE will be alive to such company.
So trading IGI or any company is not the problem to me but rather being sure of the relationship of the company to CAC.
However the performance of IGI since I knew her has been satisfactory enough, but let us wait till the company is a PLC because only that can certify her legal relationship with the public.

Or any contrary opinion?

Funso98 21st June 2007 03:59 PM

Re: Igi

The speculation on IGI is that she will go public soon (probably by July ending). Without any more information we can only speculate.

From my research she is likely to enter the market with one of the most solid fundamentals of the insurance bunch. She reached the capitalization goal before it was required, she has been consistent performer in the industry (second probably only to NICON), and the management appears solid.

Avocado 21st June 2007 05:39 PM

Of bets and returns

ajifowowe: well... if it's solid business, and it's high risk, then the returns're bound to be good, no? Take the Diamond bank private placement; anyone who did it 's smiling to the banks now. I suspect same will happen for IGI. It's a solid company. There're no guanrantees, but it's a safe bet.

Canadebe 12th August 2007 03:10 PM

Igi

Is it through that IGI will be listing on the NSE?. Do you think it will be a good buy?. I have not taken any position in insurance sector. Please advise on the one to go for on long term.
And what do you think about IGI?.

Canadebe 12th August 2007 03:12 PM

Igi

Is it through that IGI will be listing on the NSE?. Do you think it will be a good buy?. I have not taken any position in insurance sector. Please advise me on which one to buy.( long term investor). And what do you think about IGI?.

crtide 12th August 2007 09:19 PM

I heard that it will be listed this month too. I think IGI is a very good buy on the long term and a good buy on the short term.
Does any one out there have authoritative info about IGi please share.
:confused:

Doyin 27th August 2007 03:14 AM

Igi

I just heard from my broker that even now, IGI shares are still available. He informed me that I would have to pay N3.2 for the shares though, but this seems to be mago-mago, since i would be issuing 3 cheques for N2, N1 and N.20. Suspect that only N2 would go to company coffers, and the rest would be split between 'the boys'
makes me wonder though, how a stock can be on PP for over 10 months? Those that invested last year would be fuming, especially since they are not even guaranteed full allotment.
Good thing though is the share was N1 par value, and when it is listed, would probably be listed at N.50, so you get double the units you paid for, and if the listing price is still N2, you would have doubled your money.
A downside to PP is that like PO's, certificates do not come out on time, and all you have for a while is paper profits, until you finally get your certificate.

Avocado 27th August 2007 11:36 AM

IGI PP is a shame

If units in the IGI PP are still available, then this' got to be one of the most badly-managed PPs in recent NSE history. This PP is yet to close: there can't be any reasonable hope of getting certificates/e-credit before March 2008, by which time any projections made for profits and capital appreciation are beyond the regular 12-month long-term view. IGI is a shame; they've messed this one all up.

whatsup 28th August 2007 08:57 PM

I am very concerned about the IGI pp. I saw the prospectus and it is actually a N1 ordinary share being sold for N2, not a 50 kobo ordinary share!

DaInvestor 4th September 2007 01:04 PM

i really dont know where u guys got ur info on the IGI listing from. A little bit of evidence will do
I was invovled in their private placement and believe me up to date i have not heard or received any info on either the private placement or the eventual listing of the stock in NSE.
And besides that private placement went on 4 like forever. I have friends that bought it over a year from today and still nothing and i also bought it like Feb or is it March with the hope they were going 2 list.
So if anyone has evidence he should como up with it

c kenneths 4th September 2007 03:11 PM

My only concern here is not IGI, but that Canadebe should stop opening further threads each time he wants to contribute into the same IGI.

Since there is an already existing thread opened by him, the thread should be continued and not open a fresh one.

DaInvestor 15th September 2007 11:34 AM

anyone got news about the listing of IGI at the stock exchange?? or any news about their PP.

Apache 22nd September 2007 01:46 PM

Breaking News - IGI

Hi Guys,

Just got 90% confirmed news that the certificate for the IGI private placement have started been despatched.
The listing on the exchange will take place 1st quarter of 2008.

DaInvestor 28th September 2007 12:41 PM

if i want to make an enquiry where do i go, cos i really need more info about the certs, its been close to a year now and still no news

Avocado 29th September 2007 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apache (Post 6026)
Hi Guys,

Just got 90% confirmed news that the certificate for the IGI private placement have started been despatched.
The listing on the exchange will take place 1st quarter of 2008.

90%?

Do you know anyone who's received this certificate?

Cheers.

hispy99 3rd October 2007 08:02 AM

For those that partcipated in the pp, maybe there's light at the end of the tunnel

Vanguard - Business : IGI says N25bn capital attainable in few months

Tayo 5th November 2007 09:30 PM

Right now there's no indication of an IPO coming out soon. My funds have been tied up here for some time.