Go Back   StockMarketNigeria.com Forums > Financial products and resources > Investment Clubs

Investment Clubs Setting up Investment clubs in Nigeria.

Welcome to the StockMarketNigeria.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 30th June 2009, 12:08 AM
Points: 277, Level: 5 Points: 277, Level: 5 Points: 277, Level: 5
Activity: 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
kennext is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Stocks and Real Estate,which is a Better Investment?

lots of wisdom in here, but a young beginner like myself cant start disturbing myself with real estates now, cus I cant even imagine the funds for buying a land not to talk of developing them, Im sticking with stocks now, I picked up point from kennet though, about holding some real estates stocks like union homes, nice one, I'll have that in mind. Thanks all you big bros
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 30th June 2009, 03:57 AM
Points: 16,796, Level: 82 Points: 16,796, Level: 82 Points: 16,796, Level: 82
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
c kenneths has a spectacular aura aboutc kenneths has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennext View Post
lots of wisdom in here, but a young beginner like myself cant start disturbing myself with real estates now, cus I cant even imagine the funds for buying a land not to talk of developing them, Im sticking with stocks now, I picked up point from kennet though, about holding some real estates stocks like union homes, nice one, I'll have that in mind. Thanks all you big bros
You can play in the real estate field without capital. Some of the people that made money in real estate dont own houses. Its about finding a need and filling it. Its about the passion for doing something good. You can use some of your spare time to do a little snooping around in your neighborhood, who needs a house and where does a vacancy exist?

Connect two of them and demand your comission, sounds simple but you have to put some work into this. Find out who has lands to sell and connect him to who wants to buy, do some research on land titles, read some books on land business. Buy a copy of 'land use act and conveyances' just become an authority in the provision of info about properrties and watch as strangers will be knocking on your doors daily with request for houses. Get registered and attach yourself with a real land broker.

From the savings you make in a year, you will see very cheap plots on sale by despeate sellers, buy and place it on sale after some minor modifications. Market your land as you help others buy theirs, it continues from there..........

And dont forget to come here and pay me 'comission' for this info........ Lol.
Old 30th June 2009, 12:50 PM
Points: 1,737, Level: 24 Points: 1,737, Level: 24 Points: 1,737, Level: 24

zdon is on a distinguished road

I always believe that investing in real estate is a wise move, rather than in the stock market which is always is very risk.

diet pill
hormonal imbalance AZ

Last edited by zdon; 16th February 2011 at 07:53 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 30th June 2009, 04:54 PM
Points: 3,324, Level: 35 Points: 3,324, Level: 35 Points: 3,324, Level: 35
Activity: 15%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

savvy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdon View Post
I always believe that investing in real estate is a wise move, rather than in the stock market which is always is very risk.

toy story 2
Web Hosting
Nah!

I read a book some time back about streams of income.. Real extate is just one of the streams (others include, stock, forex, fixed securities (TBills)) The idea is that when one stream dries out another will sustain the investor.
During the down turn of the NSE fixed deposits were up and keeping some folks going..

Real estate is also Risky if you dont know what to do..Spend time and study the stocks you'll also see it is not that risky..However the higher the risk the higher the return...

I suggest diversify.. I invest in at least two streams...
Old 30th June 2009, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdon View Post

toy story 2
Web Hosting
Dont take a higher risk if you are not sure of making a higher return. Those that were buying stocks in Feb/March seemed like they were crazy, taking risks to buy stocks when everyone has ran away. They got paid real time, taking 100-200% in two months.

Houses are more stable, in value and long term hope for steady income, but the return may not be so high.
Old 3rd July 2009, 08:56 AM
Points: 651, Level: 13 Points: 651, Level: 13 Points: 651, Level: 13

funmi4great is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by c kenneths View Post
You can play in the real estate field without capital. Some of the people that made money in real estate dont own houses. Its about finding a need and filling it. Its about the passion for doing something good. You can use some of your spare time to do a little snooping around in your neighborhood, who needs a house and where does a vacancy exist?

Connect two of them and demand your comission, sounds simple but you have to put some work into this. Find out who has lands to sell and connect him to who wants to buy, do some research on land titles, read some books on land business. Buy a copy of 'land use act and conveyances' just become an authority in the provision of info about properrties and watch as strangers will be knocking on your doors daily with request for houses. Get registered and attach yourself with a real land broker.

From the savings you make in a year, you will see very cheap plots on sale by despeate sellers, buy and place it on sale after some minor modifications. Market your land as you help others buy theirs, it continues from there..........

Thanks for this information.I'm so much blessed by it.
Plz I want more information on this.Which book are you recommending for me.I new in this area of investment and I want more knowledge of it.This is due to the fact that my knowledge in anything determines my performance in it.
Once again tks to the whole house for your contribution.God bless you all.
Old 3rd July 2009, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funmi4great View Post
Thanks for this information.I'm so much blessed by it.
Plz I want more information on this.Which book are you recommending for me.I new in this area of investment and I want more knowledge of it.This is due to the fact that my knowledge in anything determines my performance in it.
Once again tks to the whole house for your contribution.God bless you all.
There are not many Nigerian books on the real estate business, but foreign authors like Donald Trump and others have good titles on real estate. As soon as I fing other titles I will let you know.
Old 8th August 2009, 01:06 AM
Points: 5,726, Level: 48 Points: 5,726, Level: 48 Points: 5,726, Level: 48
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Groans: 1
chillykelly86 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to chillykelly86 Send a message via Skype™ to chillykelly86

Quote:

Ckenneths, thank you so much. This piece has opened my eyes to certain opportunities. Before I was thinking along kennext's line too. Please, what's the title of the Donald Trump book?
Old 20th August 2009, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillykelly86 View Post
Ckenneths, thank you so much. This piece has opened my eyes to certain opportunities. Before I was thinking along kennext's line too. Please, what's the title of the Donald Trump book?
Sorry I have been out of this circuit for some time, hence the late reply. There are many titles I read about Trump but the one I remember most is "think like a billionaire" there is also another one he did with Kiyosaki called "Why we want you to be rich"
Old 20th August 2009, 08:13 AM

I just stumbled on another book I read about Trump and its called "The art of the deal"
Old 4th September 2009, 09:05 PM
Points: 2,123, Level: 27 Points: 2,123, Level: 27 Points: 2,123, Level: 27
Activity: 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

richestowealth is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I just stumbled on another book I read about Trump and its called "The art of the deal"
The Art of the Deal is good. Talks a lot about Trump putting together deals. That guy is resilient and innovative. Also read the Art of the Comeback, written after he had lost everything. Trump's books only give you surface stuff though which I guess is good in it's own way.
Old 5th September 2009, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richestowealth View Post
The Art of the Deal is good. Talks a lot about Trump putting together deals. That guy is resilient and innovative. Also read the Art of the Comeback, written after he had lost everything. Trump's books only give you surface stuff though which I guess is good in it's own way.
What I get from Trump is some kind of story that may not seem to suggest a particular strategy on the surface, but by the time I compare what he does to the Nigerrian system, it gives me a sort of hybrid aproach to tackle the Nigerian market.
Old 5th September 2009, 07:34 AM
Points: 2,514, Level: 30 Points: 2,514, Level: 30 Points: 2,514, Level: 30

chrischigoz is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Interesting.....
Old 8th October 2009, 03:06 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to chillykelly86 Send a message via Skype™ to chillykelly86

Quote:
Sorry I have been out of this circuit for some time, hence the late reply. There are many titles I read about Trump but the one I remember most is "think like a billionaire" there is also another one he did with Kiyosaki called "Why we want you to be rich"
Quote:
Thanks a lot for these. I'm sorry for the late response. I've been coming around but haven't had enough time to keep up with all threads.
Once again, thanks.
Old 8th October 2009, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks a lot for these. I'm sorry for the late response. I've been coming around but haven't had enough time to keep up with all threads.
Once again, thanks.
Old 18th June 2012, 11:11 AM
Points: 16,620, Level: 82 Points: 16,620, Level: 82 Points: 16,620, Level: 82

Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
emmanuel ewumi is on a distinguished road

Real estate and stock, which is a better investment. It is obvious that both are good investment vehicles.

With the current situation in the country, if i am given a million dollar to manage.I will invest 25% in the stock market, the remaining 75% will be invested in real estate.

I will build to to sell, the profit will be used for rental income. The capital will re-invested to build more and sell, the profit will be used for rental income. the cycle will continue for the next 10 years.

The rental income will used to increase my stock holding positions. Will invest in small and medium cap companies that are well managed.
Old 18th June 2012, 11:44 AM
Points: 4,733, Level: 43 Points: 4,733, Level: 43 Points: 4,733, Level: 43

dayoadebayo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmanuel ewumi View Post
Real estate and stock, which is a better investment. It is obvious that both are good investment vehicles.

With the current situation in the country, if i am given a million dollar to manage.I will invest 25% in the stock market, the remaining 75% will be invested in real estate.

I will build to to sell, the profit will be used for rental income. The capital will re-invested to build more and sell, the profit will be used for rental income. the cycle will continue for the next 10 years.

The rental income will used to increase my stock holding positions. Will invest in small and medium cap companies that are well managed.
How are you going to do this
Old 18th June 2012, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayoadebayo View Post
How are you going to do this
Assuming I built 25 housing units with the money. I will sell the houses at a profit margin of 15% to 20%.

If i can get my principal back after selling 20 housing units, the remaining 5 units will be left to appreciate and generate rental income.

The principal will be used to build another 25 to 30 units, and the cycle will go on and on for another 10 years or more. I will make sure that, at least 10% of the housing unit built by me, will be left to appreciate and generate rental income. And the rental income will be invested in the stock market.

Last edited by emmanuel ewumi; 18th June 2012 at 11:52 AM.
Old 18th June 2012, 12:00 PM
Points: 4,733, Level: 43 Points: 4,733, Level: 43 Points: 4,733, Level: 43

dayoadebayo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmanuel ewumi View Post
Assuming I built 25 housing units with the money. I will sell the houses at a profit margin of 15% to 20%.If i can get my principal back after selling 20 housing units, the remaining 5 units will be left to appreciate and generate rental income.

The principal will be used to build another 25 to 30 units, and the cycle will go on and on for another 10 years or more. I will make sure that, at least 10% of the housing unit built by me, will be left to appreciate and generate rental income. And the rental income will be invested in the stock market.
OK I aggree with you. But the practical aspect of this is SELLING the houses or units. How easy these days?
Old 18th June 2012, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayoadebayo View Post
OK I aggree with you. But the practical aspect of this is SELLING the houses or units. How easy these days?
Selling a housing units that cost 4 million to 10 million depending on location is not a problem. Ask Lagos State Property Development Company, how long there houses stay before they are sold. Most of the houses are sold out, before they are even built.

If you have being able to build your reputation to a level, buyers will start depositing money, which you will you to build for them.