Go Back   StockMarketNigeria.com Forums > Nigerian Stocks > Petroleum, Gas & Oil Stocks > Japaul Oil

Japaul Oil Discuss Japaul Oil shares

Welcome to the StockMarketNigeria.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 14th May 2008, 11:25 AM
Points: 1,296, Level: 19 Points: 1,296, Level: 19 Points: 1,296, Level: 19
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
aogundele is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to aogundele
Default Returned monies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapidresult View Post
House, any news on the return money. I am so disappointed with Jaupaul. I paid for 200,000 units and was allocated 15,000 only. Yet those that applied for up to 50,000 got full allocation. Can you imagine a case of the more you apply for the very less you get? Can't understand such a queer logic. In addition to that they are holding onto my money, talk of adding insult to injury. Abeg I need my surplus money back kia kia make I go invest for better company.
You need to go get to Sterling Registrars to pick up your cheque. I picked mine up earlier this week. It's sad that there was no firm communication from Japaul on collection of returned monies, i advise folks to quickly go there and pick up their cheques rather than allowing the registrars trade with it.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 14th May 2008, 12:21 PM
Points: 27,487, Level: 98 Points: 27,487, Level: 98 Points: 27,487, Level: 98
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Groaned at 11 Times in 11 Posts
migiets is on a distinguished road
Default Japaul Returned money and proposed private placement

My stock broker told me yesterday that Japaul has gotten approval from the regulatory authourities to use the returned money for a private placement and that consent forms in that respect are already available with Sterling Registers. He confirmed that he had collected for another of his client who is interested in partaking in the private placement. I went there this morning and when i asked about the returned monies, i was told as usual that it has been posted. It was at this point that i threw in the Private Placement issue and told them that i was interested in it. I was given the form which i signed and returned back to them. I made sure that they gave me a photocopy. I was also shown a copy filled by somebody else. So, those interested in the private placement can go to Sterling Registrars to sign the consent form or get it through their stock brokers. I decided to take the Private Placement option because i do not know when the returned money will be sent and the private placement is going for 3.95.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 15th May 2008, 10:05 AM
Points: 1,296, Level: 19 Points: 1,296, Level: 19 Points: 1,296, Level: 19
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

aogundele is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to aogundele
Default Returned monies

Quote:
Originally Posted by migiets View Post
My stock broker told me yesterday that Japaul has gotten approval from the regulatory authourities to use the returned money for a private placement and that consent forms in that respect are already available with Sterling Registers. He confirmed that he had collected for another of his client who is interested in partaking in the private placement. I went there this morning and when i asked about the returned monies, i was told as usual that it has been posted. It was at this point that i threw in the Private Placement issue and told them that i was interested in it. I was given the form which i signed and returned back to them. I made sure that they gave me a photocopy. I was also shown a copy filled by somebody else. So, those interested in the private placement can go to Sterling Registrars to sign the consent form or get it through their stock brokers. I decided to take the Private Placement option because i do not know when the returned money will be sent and the private placement is going for 3.95.
Hi migiets, i am a bit confused about this affirmation that they posted returned monies. I was there on Monday, and a cheque was issued for my returned money, they however stated that accrued interest will be sent by mail, no one made mention of the private placement. I could rather advise that folks collect their monies back (time value of money) and invest in other interest yielding securities. No one knows exactly when this private placement will take place, and i feel they are just taking investors for a ride.
Old 15th May 2008, 11:16 AM
Points: 1,624, Level: 23 Points: 1,624, Level: 23 Points: 1,624, Level: 23
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

investak is on a distinguished road

I was at Sterling Registrars early this week to pick up my returned cheque and I was given the option to convert the money to shares. I do not think it is a gimmick the approval was only granted to Japaul at the end of last week, which may account for the details being sketchy. I have requested that the return mony be used to purchase shares. I am confident the stock will do well
Old 15th May 2008, 04:55 PM
Points: 1,400, Level: 20 Points: 1,400, Level: 20 Points: 1,400, Level: 20

NIAJAKID is on a distinguished road
Default Japaul Oil

Does Anyone Know The Address And Phone Number For Sterling Registrar?
Old 15th May 2008, 08:59 PM
Forum Moderator
Points: 5,987, Level: 50 Points: 5,987, Level: 50 Points: 5,987, Level: 50

olusolakemmy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIAJAKID View Post
Does Anyone Know The Address And Phone Number For Sterling Registrar?
there is a sterling tower at marina, am sure the registra will also be located in that same building.
Old 16th May 2008, 10:57 AM
Points: 27,487, Level: 98 Points: 27,487, Level: 98 Points: 27,487, Level: 98
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Groaned at 11 Times in 11 Posts
migiets is on a distinguished road
Default Address of Sterling Registers

'there is a sterling tower at marina, am sure the registra will also be located in that same building.'

The registrar is not located there. The address is:

Knight Frank And Rutley Building
24, Campbell Street,
8th Floor
Lagos Island.
01-2646582
email: sterlingregistrars@sterlingbankng.com
Old 19th May 2008, 01:06 AM
Points: 929, Level: 16 Points: 929, Level: 16 Points: 929, Level: 16

Jsa2463 is on a distinguished road
Question Sterling Registrar and Ja Paul

Strange that Sterling Registrar offers shares at N3.95/unit for Ja Paul with returned money when the initial intent of the returned money was to buy share to begin with...Unless i misunderstand...Are u able to go to Sterling Registrar and buy the unissued Ja Paul PO with the money they intend to return?
Old 19th May 2008, 02:09 AM
Points: 1,624, Level: 23 Points: 1,624, Level: 23 Points: 1,624, Level: 23

investak is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsa2463 View Post
Strange that Sterling Registrar offers shares at N3.95/unit for Ja Paul with returned money when the initial intent of the returned money was to buy share to begin with...Unless i misunderstand...Are u able to go to Sterling Registrar and buy the unissued Ja Paul PO with the money they intend to return?
Japaul only recently got the ok from the NSE to mop up the excess cash from oversubscription. If this had not happened all that excess from over subscription should be returned to investors. So the answer to your question is Yes. If you have already cashed your cheque I am not sure how that will work. For me, they were to issue a cheque so all I had to do was sign a letter of authorization. If this does not clear the confusion you will have to go to sterling registrars and inquire.
Old 19th May 2008, 01:32 PM

Default Ja paul return money

Investak - Thanks for the info, unfortunatley i live in the US and probabaly won't get to the registrar any time soon but will ask my sister to give it a shot. I hope they won't keep the cash for another 7 months and decide to return it back to the subscriber. It is worth a try though.
Old 19th May 2008, 01:38 PM
Points: 9,730, Level: 66 Points: 9,730, Level: 66 Points: 9,730, Level: 66
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

zainabusman is a glorious beacon of lightzainabusman is a glorious beacon of lightzainabusman is a glorious beacon of lightzainabusman is a glorious beacon of lightzainabusman is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by investak View Post
Japaul only recently got the ok from the NSE to mop up the excess cash from oversubscription. If this had not happened all that excess from over subscription should be returned to investors. So the answer to your question is Yes. If you have already cashed your cheque I am not sure how that will work. For me, they were to issue a cheque so all I had to do was sign a letter of authorization. If this does not clear the confusion you will have to go to sterling registrars and inquire.
I dont understand this kind of arrangement. Why is SEC going bank on their 25% rule with this kind of funny arrangement?
Old 19th May 2008, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainabusman View Post
I dont understand this kind of arrangement. Why is SEC going bank on their 25% rule with this kind of funny arrangement?
zainabusman - Interesting perspective!! please expound on the SEC 25% rule with regards to share issue.
Old 19th May 2008, 04:06 PM
Points: 4,983, Level: 45 Points: 4,983, Level: 45 Points: 4,983, Level: 45

creflo is on a distinguished road

please does anybody has any good working phone number(s) for this sterling people. Please an urgent answer will be appreciated.
Old 19th May 2008, 05:25 PM
Points: 3,979, Level: 40 Points: 3,979, Level: 40 Points: 3,979, Level: 40

amajike is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by creflo View Post
please does anybody has any good working phone number(s) for this sterling people. Please an urgent answer will be appreciated.
Here's sterling's no 012635607 and their email is sterlingregistrars@sterlingbank.ng.com. cheers!
Old 19th May 2008, 05:40 PM
Points: 3,979, Level: 40 Points: 3,979, Level: 40 Points: 3,979, Level: 40

amajike is on a distinguished road
Default Sec's 25% issue

If i may share from the little i know, Sometime last year sec made a rule that in the event of oversubscription after a public offer, the company can only absorb 25% of the oversubscription, thus making it compulsory for the company to the return the other monies.

Last edited by amajike; 19th May 2008 at 05:42 PM. Reason: made a mistake
Old 19th May 2008, 05:52 PM
Points: 3,055, Level: 34 Points: 3,055, Level: 34 Points: 3,055, Level: 34

riskreturn will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainabusman View Post
My understanding is that SEC's approval is in respect of a PP, and not to absorb more than 25% of excess subscription. If this my understanding is correct, then no due process is breached since a public company is allowed to apply for SEC approval to embark on a PP - whether or not it has just concluded a PO. It is this "loophole" that is apparently being exploited this time.
Old 19th May 2008, 08:03 PM
Points: 12,508, Level: 73 Points: 12,508, Level: 73 Points: 12,508, Level: 73

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Babs_O will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by riskreturn View Post
My understanding is that SEC's approval is in respect of a PP, and not to absorb more than 25% of excess subscription. If this my understanding is correct, then no due process is breached since a public company is allowed to apply for SEC approval to embark on a PP - whether or not it has just concluded a PO. It is this "loophole" that is apparently being exploited this time.
Spot on......................................
The standard of living of any society is based on the goods and services available therein. The result of business ventures. My prayer is for God's mercy to save us from the hands of Nigerians who come to leadership positions to set the country backwards.
Old 19th May 2008, 08:26 PM

zainabusman is a glorious beacon of lightzainabusman is a glorious beacon of lightzainabusman is a glorious beacon of lightzainabusman is a glorious beacon of lightzainabusman is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by riskreturn View Post
Then the loophole should be plugged. Otherwise the whole thing becomes a charade. Why have a rule when it can be broken through a loophole.
Old 20th May 2008, 03:44 PM
Points: 1,265, Level: 19 Points: 1,265, Level: 19 Points: 1,265, Level: 19

lekepeter is on a distinguished road
Default japaul

I sent somone to sterling registrar to check out the update on my application,he was told 27,500 was alloted out of the 500,000 applied for,and the balance was transferred to private placement at 3.95.this was done without my knowledge or consent,he was given a print for the information.
am still confused,what did u guys think.
Old 20th May 2008, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lekepeter View Post
I sent somone to sterling registrar to check out the update on my application,he was told 27,500 was alloted out of the 500,000 applied for,and the balance was transferred to private placement at 3.95.this was done without my knowledge or consent,he was given a print for the information.
am still confused,what did u guys think.
Oga they gave u the shares at N3.95. It is currently selling at N12+ so what are u complaining of? Afterall u actually applied for 500k units. Just take the shares and move on.

« Official opening | - »