Go Back   StockMarketNigeria.com Forums > Nigerian Stocks > Petroleum, Gas & Oil Stocks > Japaul Oil

Japaul Oil Discuss Japaul Oil shares

Welcome to the StockMarketNigeria.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11th April 2012, 02:43 PM
Forum Moderator
Points: 46,297, Level: 100 Points: 46,297, Level: 100 Points: 46,297, Level: 100
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Groans: 18
Groaned at 8 Times in 7 Posts
knightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Japaul Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by horlads View Post
I see your GIGANTIC bid...
My friend, close your eyes, man!

"Pursue excellence and success will follow, pants down" - Ranchoddas Shamaldas Chanchad
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11th April 2012, 02:51 PM
Points: 21,231, Level: 91 Points: 21,231, Level: 91 Points: 21,231, Level: 91
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Groans: 0
Groaned at 11 Times in 10 Posts
Picolena66 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofdelta View Post
I note your muted skepticism and unabashed dislike for Japaul, Oga Picolena san...

But I stand on the other side of the divide. The market can be wrong for a long time but it always corrects.

It is the 2kobo dividend declared by a company that needs to conserve cash, especially at a time when interest rates (especially borrowing rates) are high, in a sector that will enjoy higher growth due to the soon to be passed PIB (in whatever form it is passed). I have watched the revenue trend of this company for a long time and I like what I see.

Do you know that investors have also punished Cadbury for not paying dividends? See the price performance since the results were released. Not all investors require dividend payments especially when they have other cash flows but I do not blame those that need to receive dividends so that the boiz will not get miffed.

I like non-dividend paying stocks because they sell at a deep discount to dividend paying stocks and because I also know that a few years down the line when my non-dividend paying stocks start paying dividends and the dividend buyers come calling, I will gladly receive my premium from them and go look for other non-dividend paying stocks. It is people like us that make the world go round and create liquidity for the markets...
Hmmm...........Oga KOD The bolded goes without saying - When there is a Buyer, there will always be a seller, and vice versa

For the rest appraisal and referral references for Japaul oil is your own beliefs and rhetoric on the stock.......That I cannot accept or deny until it actually happens???

You see Market Movements - Gains and Losses it what trully makes the world go round
Old 11th April 2012, 03:02 PM
Forum Moderator
Points: 46,297, Level: 100 Points: 46,297, Level: 100 Points: 46,297, Level: 100

knightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picolena66 View Post
Hmmm...........Oga KOD The bolded goes without saying - When there is a Buyer, there will always be a seller, and vice versa

For the rest appraisal and referral references for Japaul oil is your own beliefs and rhetoric on the stock.......That I cannot accept or deny until it actually happens???

You see Market Movements - Gains and Losses it what trully makes the world go round
True and wise words well spoken. But I will remind you that losses and gains that make the world go round are due to the actions of risk takers. Smart risk takers can only be defined with the benefits of hindsight. Examples of successful risk takers will make a very long list and I hope to become one of them, with time.

Infact, I do not canvass or even want anybody to buy Japaul sef, let it drop to nominal value and stay there for two years while I quietly mop up because I am willing to take short term losses up to the next five years with the belief that in 10 years or more, I will reap bountifully.

"Pursue excellence and success will follow, pants down" - Ranchoddas Shamaldas Chanchad
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11th April 2012, 03:05 PM
Points: 21,231, Level: 91 Points: 21,231, Level: 91 Points: 21,231, Level: 91

Groaned at 11 Times in 10 Posts
Picolena66 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
True and wise words well spoken. But I will remind you that losses and gains that make the world go round are due to the actions of risk takers. Smart risk takers can only be defined with the benefits of hindsight. Examples of successful risk takers will make a very long list and I hope to become one of them, with time.

Infact, I do not canvass or even want anybody to buy Japaul sef, let it drop to nominal value and stay there for two years while I quietly mop up because I am willing to take short term losses up to the next five years with the belief that in 10 years or more, I will reap bountifully.
hmmmm.................Cool then I will await and see the next Japaul Oil chapter
Old 11th April 2012, 03:32 PM
Points: 14,746, Level: 78 Points: 14,746, Level: 78 Points: 14,746, Level: 78

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
horlads is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by horlads View Post
I see your GIGANTIC bid...
Quote:
My friend, close your eyes, man!

Market Summary: Japaul halted it's daily limit slide on the day KOD decided to acquire for his portfolio.....

We see your hand oh...and I will not close my eyes...

A hen that leaves her chicks unguarded should not complain when the predatory hawk comes calling - horlads
Old 11th April 2012, 03:59 PM
Points: 10,751, Level: 68 Points: 10,751, Level: 68 Points: 10,751, Level: 68

Groans: 1
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
manemi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I am buying Japaul...
KOD. The thing is headed for the parking lot. Any reason why the hurry to buy?
Old 11th April 2012, 04:02 PM
Points: 23,725, Level: 94 Points: 23,725, Level: 94 Points: 23,725, Level: 94

Groans: 1
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
duduspace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I am buying Japaul...
Nor buy am finish yet o, leave some for me o se o gbo? make your gigantic bid nor go cause rebound before my pepper rest.
Old 11th April 2012, 04:37 PM
Points: 5,439, Level: 47 Points: 5,439, Level: 47 Points: 5,439, Level: 47

dr.abrahamb is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by manemi View Post
Oga KOD sees a downside that he can afford to sacrifice in favor of an upside that he cannot afford to miss...

...or he believes in the management of Japaul...and would rather buy a business, aka Buffet style.

Or he is as young/old as I am and has time as an ally that he can boldly take this on without looking back...(and please jump in with him if you have such patience(time) to defuse the risk inherent here; talk about the relationship between risk and time.)

Caveat:
If you are not comfortable with having at least 80% - 90%(of which 50% minimum, is in small cap, growth companies) of your portfolio in stocks, then this may not be for you. Secondly, this is just my 2 kobo OPINION.
The Following User Says Thank You to dr.abrahamb For This Useful Post:
knightofdelta (11th April 2012)
Old 11th April 2012, 04:52 PM
Points: 53,190, Level: 100 Points: 53,190, Level: 100 Points: 53,190, Level: 100

Groans: 58
Groaned at 11 Times in 11 Posts
nosa2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to nosa2 Send a message via Skype™ to nosa2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.abrahamb View Post
Oga KOD sees a downside that he can afford to sacrifice in favor of an upside that he cannot afford to miss...

...or he believes in the management of Japaul...and would rather buy a business, aka Buffet style.

Or he is as young/old as I am and has time as an ally that he can boldly take this on without looking back...(and please jump in with him if you have such patience(time) to defuse the risk inherent here; talk about the relationship between risk and time.)

Caveat:
If you are not comfortable with having at least 80% - 90%(of which 50% minimum, is in small cap, growth companies) of your portfolio in stocks, then this may not be for you. Secondly, this is just my 2 kobo OPINION.
Do you really think KOD's move would be long term? I've got a feeling that this stock won't touch 50k and that it'll probably close around N1 before this quarters over.
Old 11th April 2012, 04:59 PM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by manemi View Post
I did not say I was in a hurry to buy. I have a long term plan for this stock and just said I have started buying. I have no clue where the other bids came from, no idea... honestly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by duduspace View Post
Nor buy am finish yet o, leave some for me o se o gbo? make your gigantic bid nor go cause rebound before my pepper rest.
No worry your head. The stock go dey available for a long time yet. Q1 results are not going to be out in the next few months or so. I just have a penchant of trying to play the market because I just believe that Japaul will still go up and then finally come back and rest at the car park. My game plan is just to buy low sell high, wait, then redeploy to buy low again and then watch and wait.

Old 11th April 2012, 05:02 PM
Forum Moderator

Quote:

Caveat:
Your 2 kobo opinion is worth a million $$$...

Old 11th April 2012, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosa2 View Post
Do you really think KOD's move would be long term? I've got a feeling that this stock won't touch 50k and that it'll probably close around N1 before this quarters over.
Oga Nosa, e be like say you follow dey see win-win scenario here. I just got my dividend from Zenithbank today, and called my broker instanta to channel everything into Japaul. If its not executed pronto, na to your tents O Israel I go tell am.
Old 11th April 2012, 05:29 PM
Points: 53,190, Level: 100 Points: 53,190, Level: 100 Points: 53,190, Level: 100

Groans: 58
Groaned at 11 Times in 11 Posts
nosa2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to nosa2 Send a message via Skype™ to nosa2

Quote:
Oga Nosa, e be like say you follow dey see win-win scenario here. I just got my dividend from Zenithbank today, and called my broker instanta to channel everything into Japaul. If its not executed pronto, na to your tents O Israel I go tell am.
Ironically I intend to exit this stock at the next opportunity, I entered at 80k and would sell at a price above that. Unlike KOD I'm not buying, not because it's not cheap but because I believe there are better bargains out there.
Old 11th April 2012, 05:54 PM
Points: 3,010, Level: 33 Points: 3,010, Level: 33 Points: 3,010, Level: 33

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Grahaminvest is on a distinguished road
Arrow Re: Japaul Oil

Quote:

i would say 5-10 years is a long time to wait, though your acquisition drive suggests a take-over bid. i think japaul should bounce back in a short time as long ast it continues to churn out good financials. my only advice is that you dump before dividend declaration, Mr Jegede A. Paul has a thing for dissapointing shareholders when its time to pay back.
Old 11th April 2012, 09:24 PM
Points: 7,264, Level: 56 Points: 7,264, Level: 56 Points: 7,264, Level: 56

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
austine42007 is on a distinguished road

Those biding for this stock should allow short termers to drive it to car park
Old 29th April 2012, 06:10 PM
Points: 51,569, Level: 100 Points: 51,569, Level: 100 Points: 51,569, Level: 100
Activity: 8%
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Salida is on a distinguished road

When the smart PFAs finally enter the market, you will either thank or blame yourself for missing this train.
Old 29th April 2012, 09:42 PM
Points: 14,563, Level: 78 Points: 14,563, Level: 78 Points: 14,563, Level: 78

Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
bivins1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salida View Post
When the smart PFAs finally enter the market, you will either thank or blame yourself for missing this train.
Bros salida, e get wetin you know wey we know know, na we we o ( i no mean igbo sha)
Old 29th April 2012, 10:41 PM
Forum Moderator

Quote:

Old 29th April 2012, 11:06 PM
Forum Moderator
Points: 14,309, Level: 77 Points: 14,309, Level: 77 Points: 14,309, Level: 77

Groans: 2
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
123.rado is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote:
Dis one wey both of una dey smile so. ok o me self wan smile.
Old 21st May 2012, 05:34 PM

Any word from the grapevine as to why Q1 isn't out?

« Official opening | - »