Go Back   StockMarketNigeria.com Forums > Nigerian Stocks > Nigerian Stock Exchange

Nigerian Stock Exchange The Nigerian Stock Exchange, Stock brokers, CSCS

Welcome to the StockMarketNigeria.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 6th November 2014, 05:20 PM
Points: 3,497, Level: 36 Points: 3,497, Level: 36 Points: 3,497, Level: 36
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
aykobam is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to aykobam Send a message via Yahoo to aykobam
Default Re: MarketWatch

While some are crying as the stock behaves negatively, the floor is open to the new entrants. I leave the market for you big guys to keep the ball rolling. More grease to your elbows.
Such is life.
Poor me.

NB
I take offence to the first commentator of hiohaaaaa or whatever, be your brother keeper is what the book says.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 6th November 2014, 05:50 PM
Points: 7,036, Level: 55 Points: 7,036, Level: 55 Points: 7,036, Level: 55

Vincenta11 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by migiets View Post
Relax. Once the politicians finished collecting their election forms and primaries are over, money will come back.
Oga Macer,

For once I beg to disagree with you.

I doubt if this bleeding is ONLY/MAINLY because of the forthcoming elections, as in politicians needing to raise money.

I have a strong feeling that it has got more to do with foreign investors flight from the market.

Though, the local politics of 2015 (the uncertainty of the elections) is a contributory factor in the flight of the foreigners.

I stand to be corrected by the other Ogas in the house.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 6th November 2014, 05:54 PM
Points: 27,487, Level: 98 Points: 27,487, Level: 98 Points: 27,487, Level: 98
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Groaned at 11 Times in 11 Posts
migiets is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincenta11 View Post
Oga Macer,

I doubt if this bleeding is ONLY/MAINLY because of the forthcoming elections, as in politicians needing to raise money.

I have a strong feeling that it has got more to do with foreign investors flight from the market.

Though, the local politics of 2015 (the uncertainty of the elections) is a contributory factor in the flight of the foreigners.

The foreign investors taking a flight might not be the only factor. Where are the foreign investors taking the capital to?.

The reason why iam also zeroing on the election thing is that you need a lot of money in this clime for elections. People sell their assets and stocks are the fastest liquid assets to sell.
Old 6th November 2014, 06:17 PM
Points: 9,996, Level: 66 Points: 9,996, Level: 66 Points: 9,996, Level: 66
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Groans: 2
cecemontero is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aykobam View Post
While some are crying as the stock behaves negatively, the floor is open to the new entrants. I leave the market for you big guys to keep the ball rolling. More grease to your elbows.
Such is life.
Poor me.

NB
I take offence to the first commentator of hiohaaaaa or whatever, be your brother keeper is what the book says.
My oga, pardon your boy. I didnt mean any harm...ejoo!!
Points: 16,020, Level: 81 Points: 16,020, Level: 81 Points: 16,020, Level: 81

Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
citizen will become famous soon enough

"Saudis Have Good Reason To Be Concerned" Warns Ex-CIA Officer, As ISIS Enters World's Largest Oil Exporter | Zero Hedge

Ukraine Begins "Large-Scale" Offensive In Donetsk; "War Has Resumed" Rebel Leader Warns; Russian Stocks, Currency Crashing | Zero Hedge

WTI Crude Tumbles Under $78 As OPEC Slashes Growth & Demand Expectations | Zero Hedge

For the longest time there has been speculation whether Jihadist forces, be they ISIS, Nusra or other regional groups, had managed to spread beyond the Iraq conflict zone and infiltrate the world's oil mecca: Saudi Arabia. We now know the answer: according to Bloomberg, a Saudi citizen suspected of organizing the attack on Shiite worshipers in the oil-rich Eastern Province returned from fighting in Iraq and Syria, according to Saudi-owned newspapers. In short, ISIS has arrived in the world's largest oil exporter, which begs the question: was yesterday's news of an oil pipeline explosion, quickly downplayed by Saudi sources as "maintenance-related", in fact what most assumed at first, namely an act of sabotage? And how long until the next "planned maintenance" pipeline explosion?

According to Bloomberg, the citizen organized a cell that carried out the attack that killed seven people in the Shiite village of al-Dalwah after sneaking across the border into the kingdom, al-Hayat and Saudi Gazette newspapers said, citing security officials they didn’t identify. Asharq Al-Awsat said the Saudi fought in regional conflicts. The Interior Ministry declined to comment, citing the ongoing investigation.

“The Saudis have good reason to be concerned, and the indications are that Saudi authorities are indeed concerned,” said Paul Pillar, a former intelligence officer for the Near East and South Asia at the Central Intelligence Agency. “This attack may herald other forms of violence within Saudi Arabia perpetrated by jihadists who had fought in Syria, Iraq, or elsewhere and are now returning home.”
Points: 23,840, Level: 94 Points: 23,840, Level: 94 Points: 23,840, Level: 94

Groans: 1
duduspace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The foreign investors taking a flight might not be the only factor. Where are the foreign investors taking the capital to?.

The reason why iam also zeroing on the election thing is that you need a lot of money in this clime for elections. People sell their assets and stocks are the fastest liquid assets to sell.
Oga Migi, I think you're overlooking a very important point/development that we seem to not take too seriously in Nigeria. FDI 'might' also be fleeing because of the gains Boko Haram is making. Perhaps foreigners are coming round to the idea that this is likely to disrupt the economy of the country and even threaten its corporate existence.
BH started out as something that would quickly die out but its rapidly becoming a clear and present danger.

Last edited by duduspace; 6th November 2014 at 06:20 PM.
Old 6th November 2014, 07:07 PM
Forum Moderator
Points: 100,651, Level: 100 Points: 100,651, Level: 100 Points: 100,651, Level: 100

Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
hispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nice

Market records highest single loss in 5yrs as apathy grows, ASI hits 34,000bpts - Proshare
Old 6th November 2014, 07:57 PM

Quote:

Oga Migiets,

Before I go on, let me state that I discus on this forum more to learn not to establish that my presentations are superior and thus get into an unnecessary argument, like I have noticed.

Moreover, my experience of the NSE is quite limited.

Back to the matter; would you say the 2009 elections had this same effect on the stock market?
Old 6th November 2014, 10:58 PM
Forum Moderator
Points: 46,297, Level: 100 Points: 46,297, Level: 100 Points: 46,297, Level: 100

Groans: 18
Groaned at 8 Times in 7 Posts
knightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by aykobam View Post
Such is life.
Poor me.

NB
I am sorry for your losses in the market. However, if you have some spare cash by the side, it will do you well to stay by the sidelines and pounce once the opportunities present themselves.

"Pursue excellence and success will follow, pants down" - Ranchoddas Shamaldas Chanchad
Old 6th November 2014, 11:03 PM
Forum Moderator
Points: 46,297, Level: 100 Points: 46,297, Level: 100 Points: 46,297, Level: 100

Groans: 18
Groaned at 8 Times in 7 Posts
knightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Oga Macer,

Foreign investors are selling down equities. Heavily. But whether they are exiting is another issue entirely.
  1. The yields on treasury bills and bonds have been dropping precipitously, which means they are selling equities and buying fixed income securities instead
  2. The Naira has weakened tremendously but the strange thing is that it only weakened at the interbank market, and not the official market. Foreign investors are likely to go through the official market if they are escaping
  3. Perhaps the foreign investors are escaping and the CBN has been using reserves to support the Naira at the official window. But CBN has not sold up to $3b over the past one month as reserves have lost only $1b

Based on all the above deductions, I make bold to say foreign investors are simply leaving equities but they feel more comfortable with fixed income because they believe the rates they will get from that asset class will more than compensate for any depreciation in Naira if it so happens.

"Pursue excellence and success will follow, pants down" - Ranchoddas Shamaldas Chanchad
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to knightofdelta For This Useful Post:
sola12 (7th November 2014), Stock key (8th November 2014), Vincenta11 (7th November 2014)
Old 7th November 2014, 05:06 AM
Points: 51,569, Level: 100 Points: 51,569, Level: 100 Points: 51,569, Level: 100
Activity: 8%
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Salida is on a distinguished road

Top Dividend-Paying Stocks may let you down as volatility surges - Proshare
Old 7th November 2014, 07:35 AM
Points: 4,826, Level: 44 Points: 4,826, Level: 44 Points: 4,826, Level: 44

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Ozone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERICHY View Post
Some moons ago when i predicted the FLOOD that is presently taken place in the market and that by then we will no longer seeing calculus on this platform likewise that a lot will hide from SMN. Some laughed it off. Now what is happening?

For your information my instinct never lied for once though most times i give my predictions in humorous ways coz datz my nature.

Inessence lets keep our fingers crossed bcoz the end will surely justify the means.

*ThE OcToPuS*
So what would you now call me, a grave robber? because I am back on SMN now there is a lot of blood on the floor of the NSE after a long absence.
Old 7th November 2014, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofdelta View Post
Foreign investors are selling down equities. Heavily. But whether they are exiting is another issue entirely.
  1. The yields on treasury bills and bonds have been dropping precipitously, which means they are selling equities and buying fixed income securities instead
  2. The Naira has weakened tremendously but the strange thing is that it only weakened at the interbank market, and not the official market. Foreign investors are likely to go through the official market if they are escaping
  3. Perhaps the foreign investors are escaping and the CBN has been using reserves to support the Naira at the official window. But CBN has not sold up to $3b over the past one month as reserves have lost only $1b

Based on all the above deductions, I make bold to say foreign investors are simply leaving equities but they feel more comfortable with fixed income because they believe the rates they will get from that asset class will more than compensate for any depreciation in Naira if it so happens.
Oga KOD,

As usual, your depth of knowledge is brought to the fore once again and it is even more appreciated because you are ready to share that knowledge.
Old 7th November 2014, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Oga Migiets,

Before I go on, let me state that I discus on this forum more to learn not to establish that my presentations are superior and thus get into an unnecessary argument, like I have noticed.

Moreover, my experience of the NSE is quite limited.

Back to the matter; would you say the 2009 elections had this same effect on the stock market?
You are quite right. BH making gains is also a factor. Iam trying to open more areas that we can look into instead of focusing on only the BH angle. Iam seeing this BH issue as having some political undertone in it. I believe BH can be defeated in a few days if politics is removed. A friend of mine was recently posted to Maiduguri and he said that BH had to run when the military really took them on. You can see that BH has moved to Adamawa. That is why iam not really looking at that BH angle. How many states can BH really capture?. When the FG wanted to heavily deploy military, the Northern elders said that the FG wants to come and annihilate the North and now they are the one shouting on the same FG to deploy more military. Even Amnesty International was indicting the military and saying that the military was committing human rights abuses and cyberspace noise makers took up the chorus. That is why i dey laff. Did the Northern Elders think that BH was coming to take-over Edo state?.
Old 7th November 2014, 11:41 AM
Points: 2,063, Level: 27 Points: 2,063, Level: 27 Points: 2,063, Level: 27

maestro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
you are quite right. Bh making gains is also a factor. Iam trying to open more areas that we can look into instead of focusing on only the bh angle. Iam seeing this bh issue as having some political undertone in it. I believe bh can be defeated in a few days if politics is removed. A friend of mine was recently posted to maiduguri and he said that bh had to run when the military really took them on. You can see that bh has moved to adamawa. That is why iam not really looking at that bh angle. How many states can bh really capture?. When the fg wanted to heavily deploy military, the northern elders said that the fg wants to come and annihilate the north and now they are the one shouting on the same fg to deploy more military. Even amnesty international was indicting the military and saying that the military was committing human rights abuses and cyberspace noise makers took up the chorus. That is why i dey laff. Did the northern elders think that bh was coming to take-over edo state?.
somebody heeeeelp!
Fbnh on a strong bid in excess of 10million
Old 7th November 2014, 11:48 AM
Points: 21,723, Level: 92 Points: 21,723, Level: 92 Points: 21,723, Level: 92

Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
wanaj0 has a spectacular aura aboutwanaj0 has a spectacular aura aboutwanaj0 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
somebody heeeeelp!
Strong bid losing almost 10%. Price now N9.00
Old 7th November 2014, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro
somebody heeeeelp!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanaj0 View Post
Strong bid losing almost 10%. Price now N9.00
Shuooooo. Are two of you looking at different exchanges?. I hope this NSE flood waters will not cause another thing to happen?.
Old 7th November 2014, 12:48 PM
Points: 7,193, Level: 56 Points: 7,193, Level: 56 Points: 7,193, Level: 56

Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
ambitiousr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Shuooooo. Are two of you looking at different exchanges?. I hope this NSE flood waters will not cause another thing to happen?.
I'm looking at FBNH now @ 9.96 Naira?
Old 7th November 2014, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambitiousr View Post
I'm looking at FBNH now @ 9.96 Naira?
Oga wanaj0, over to you. Where are you looking at yours?.
Old 7th November 2014, 01:01 PM
Points: 2,063, Level: 27 Points: 2,063, Level: 27 Points: 2,063, Level: 27

maestro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
oga wanaj0, over to you. Where are you looking at yours?.
i trade via i-trade and the price is moving between 9.9 and 9.6. Wavg is 9.04.