Go Back   StockMarketNigeria.com Forums > Nigerian Stocks > Nigerian Stock Exchange

Nigerian Stock Exchange The Nigerian Stock Exchange, Stock brokers, CSCS

Welcome to the StockMarketNigeria.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 24th June 2016, 01:01 PM
Points: 2,854, Level: 32 Points: 2,854, Level: 32 Points: 2,854, Level: 32
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sean12010 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MarketWatch

Hello Oga waaan5 And Oga Sean

If you are truly interested there was a post which I wrote to Oga Dudu some moons ago about best places to buy a house in the UK!!!

It is on the - Future of Real estate Forum - Dated 2nd June 2014, 12:35 PM, - #2036 (permalink) have a gander.

The rates have changed slightly.....But Investment Opportunities are still very much alive and well................Happy investing[/QUOTE]

Oga Pico,

Nor mind your boy Sean... I work for a reputable construction company as construction manager but oga Waan5 jolted me from slumber as he's about to go on property shopping spree in London when average property in London is around 500k but then na oga Waan5
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 24th June 2016, 01:05 PM
Points: 21,231, Level: 91 Points: 21,231, Level: 91 Points: 21,231, Level: 91
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Groans: 0
Groaned at 11 Times in 10 Posts
Picolena66 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean12010 View Post

If you are truly interested there was a post which I wrote to Oga Dudu some moons ago about best places to buy a house in the UK!!!

It is on the - Future of Real estate Forum - Dated 2nd June 2014, 12:35 PM, - #2036 (permalink) have a gander.

The rates have changed slightly.....But Investment Opportunities are still very much alive and well................Happy investing
Oga Pico,

Nor mind your boy Sean... I work for a reputable construction company as construction manager but oga Waan5 jolted me from slumber as he's about to go on property shopping spree in London when average property in London is around 500k but then na oga Waan5[/QUOTE]

Hmmm...................Oga U are most Welcome!!
Old 24th June 2016, 01:09 PM
Points: 4,465, Level: 42 Points: 4,465, Level: 42 Points: 4,465, Level: 42

egoigwe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by waaan5 View Post
It is double wammy for ogas like Duduspace that earn pounds and play the NSE. Naira devalued over 45% and now this. People's net worth is being taken to the cleaners for no fault of theirs.

For folks like me though, it is time to invade the London property market
My only pain in this is the pounds I was holding onto, hoping that the remain camp would win so that pounds will appreciate and I'd then transfer the money to Nigeria.
Anyway, I was lucky to have transferred half the amount I held originally @ N508/GBP last week Friday
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 24th June 2016, 01:21 PM
Points: 2,854, Level: 32 Points: 2,854, Level: 32 Points: 2,854, Level: 32

Sean12010 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by migiets View Post
Hmmm your pocket must be very deep. Which area EC1, SE1, E3 or NW3???
You are very funny. You think Waaan is called Waaaan$$$$$ for nothing?. You think it is me that is a Security Guard on minimum wage?. [/QUOTE]

Sorry sir now I know. I beg to apply...Let me be your Security Guard on minimum wage as you are Security Guard to oga at the top
Old 24th June 2016, 01:39 PM
Forum Moderator
Points: 32,506, Level: 100 Points: 32,506, Level: 100 Points: 32,506, Level: 100

Groans: 18
Groaned at 14 Times in 13 Posts
waaan5 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
Not yet time to invade sir.

Just keep watching to see how things unfold. UK will experience pain they have never seen before. They will watch their currency see-saw for a long time. If there is any news of one of the entities wanting to break away from UK, then you will see 1 pound= N1
'If you continue watching the Winds, you will not sow' says the holy book.

Just know that the 'world' will not allow the worst fate to happen to the UK. After this rain will come sunshine
Old 24th June 2016, 01:42 PM
Forum Moderator
Points: 32,506, Level: 100 Points: 32,506, Level: 100 Points: 32,506, Level: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picolena66 View Post
Hmmm your pocket must be very deep. Which area EC1, SE1, E3 or NW3???

The rates have changed slightly.....But Investment Opportunities are still very much alive and well................Happy investing[/QUOTE]
One smn thanks my Oga. No knowledge is wasted
Old 24th June 2016, 01:49 PM

Hmmm..................Hi Oga Waan

I did not write that.....if you check 34540 Oga migi and oga sean 34536!!
post the Post is there - Hmmm your pocket must be very deep. Which area EC1, SE1, E3 or NW3??? [/QUOTE]

Must be a system problem I guess

Last edited by Picolena66; 24th June 2016 at 01:53 PM.
Old 24th June 2016, 01:53 PM
Forum Moderator
Points: 32,484, Level: 100 Points: 32,484, Level: 100 Points: 32,484, Level: 100
Activity: 12%
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Groaned at 19 Times in 19 Posts
Oracle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
'If you continue watching the Winds, you will not sow' says the holy book.

Just know that the 'world' will not allow the worst fate to happen to the UK. After this rain will come sunshine
It will get lower before it gets better. My point is don't enter when it is high. when it is so low, demand will resurface.

I just hope EU doesn't apply sentiments and start a mass replacement of non-EU workers from EU firms.

I go dey monitor wetin dey happen for NRC to know if sentiments are coming into the fray!
Old 24th June 2016, 01:58 PM
Points: 23,840, Level: 94 Points: 23,840, Level: 94 Points: 23,840, Level: 94

Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
duduspace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by egoigwe View Post
My only pain in this is the pounds I was holding onto, hoping that the remain camp would win so that pounds will appreciate and I'd then transfer the money to Nigeria.
Anyway, I was lucky to have transferred half the amount I held originally @ N508/GBP last week Friday
You dey lucky o, I only got N480 but yeah, I had to move up the schedule for my monthly remittances by dipping into my strategic reserves in pounds rather than waiting for the paycheck. I am also glad I did.
Old 24th June 2016, 02:03 PM

Quote:

The rates have changed slightly.....But Investment Opportunities are still very much alive and well................Happy investing
One smn thanks my Oga. No knowledge is wasted [/QUOTE]

U are most welcome on the Bolded
Old 24th June 2016, 02:28 PM

Quote:
I trust the Germans to indirectly give a push to these entities to break away. It is high time the 'forced' marriage of Great Britain is brought to an end. Na them force this Contraption that is not working on us.
The same Germans who very soon will be fighting their own fires ? The 3 main economies proping up the EU are France, UK and Germany (the aro metas), France's economy is 'sick' and right wing sentiments are already in full bloom there with all the terrorist and migrant problems, now that the UK has voted to exit, how long exactly do you think it is before German nationalism also returns in full swing (particularly now that the Brexit results would embolden them that it can be done).
Just wait for the next general elections in Germany before you start drawing any big conclusions on the EU itself ? by the way, one of the other main 2nd class big economies in the EU is Spain and those ones already have a massive nationalist problem called Catalunya.
Old 24th June 2016, 02:47 PM
Points: 27,487, Level: 98 Points: 27,487, Level: 98 Points: 27,487, Level: 98
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Groaned at 11 Times in 11 Posts
migiets is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by duduspace View Post
The same Germans who very soon will be fighting their own fires ? The 3 main economies proping up the EU are France, UK and Germany (the aro metas), France's economy is 'sick' and right wing sentiments are already in full bloom there with all the terrorist and migrant problems, now that the UK has voted to exit, how long exactly do you think it is before German nationalism also returns in full swing (particularly now that the Brexit results would embolden them that it can be done).
Just wait for the next general elections in Germany before you start drawing any big conclusions on the EU itself ? by the way, one of the other main 2nd class big economies in the EU is Spain and those ones already have a massive nationalist problem called Catalunya.
Breakaway from EU by France, Germany, Spain and all those that want to breakaway is fine by me. The EU is a Contraption and so i have no problem if those 'forced' into it breakaway. If it breaks away, it means there is the hope of the biggest Contraption in this world, 'our Nigeria Contraption' breaking away.

Want things to change fast ? ..... put all politicians at all levels on minimum wage.
Old 24th June 2016, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Breakaway from EU by France, Germany, Spain and all those that want to breakaway is fine by me. The EU is a Contraption and so i have no problem if those 'forced' into it breakaway. If it breaks away, it means there is the hope of the biggest Contraption in this world, 'our Nigeria Contraption' breaking away.
Oga don't deceive yourself, even ethnic groupings at the end of the day are contraptions in themselves (of families). There is nothing wrong in a contraption if it always strives to work well for all and adequately addresses genuine grievances.
It is instructive to note that the greatest country in the world today is the greatest contraption of all.

To begin to compare what happened with Brexit to the Nigerian situation is not exactly wise. The UK willingly entered (actually was a founding member of the EU) and used the available exit route that was available to exit (before it was slammed shut), there has never really been an exit route to exit Nigeria (except through war and voilence), it is my belief that one can be negotiated through political means, but I don't even see an attempt at any so I can only say all those talking about exiting this contraption presently are jokers and dreamers but that is not necessarily a bad thing if they were truly committed to what they claim instead of been simply greedy people speaking from both sides of the mouth.

They shout Unity when they have access to power and they are creaming off the public and then shout division when they are removed from the honey pot. If those are the set of leaders who will lead the new Biafra, I can only wish that country good luck and then turn around and laugh my head off.
The only person I respect in the agitation for Biafra is Uwazuruike because he has been consistent, my only problem with him is that he has not explored the political option well enough, by now I expect him to have a full fledged Biafran nationalist party winning (at the very least) ward elections and moving the Biafran agenda forward.
As for the SS, it is in itself a contraption, I can assure you that I truly cannot even see the SS as a politically viable state, not after all the historical fighting between the ethnicities that make up the SS. Anyone who sees the Itsekiris aligning with the Ijaws to form a breakaway republic must be a pipe dreamer. All I will tell that person is to ease off on the big spliffs and start rolling small joints instead.
Old 24th June 2016, 03:36 PM
Points: 27,487, Level: 98 Points: 27,487, Level: 98 Points: 27,487, Level: 98
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Groaned at 11 Times in 11 Posts
migiets is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Oga don't deceive yourself, even ethnic groupings at the end of the day are contraptions in themselves (of families). There is nothing wrong in a contraption if it always strives to work well for all and adequately addresses genuine grievances.
It is instructive to note that the greatest country in the world today is the greatest contraption of all.

To begin to compare what happened with Brexit to the Nigerian situation is not exactly wise. The UK willingly entered (actually was a founding member of the EU) and used the available exit route that was available to exit (before it was slammed shut), there has never really been an exit route to exit Nigeria (except through war and voilence), it is my belief that one can be negotiated through political means, but I don't even see an attempt at any so I can only say all those talking about exiting this contraption presently are jokers and dreamers but that is not necessarily a bad thing if they were truly committed to what they claim instead of been simply greedy people speaking from both sides of the mouth.

They shout Unity when they have access to power and they are creaming off the public and then shout division when they are removed from the honey pot. If those are the set of leaders who will lead the new Biafra, I can only wish that country good luck and then turn around and laugh my head off.
The only person I respect in the agitation for Biafra is Uwazuruike because he has been consistent, my only problem with him is that he has not explored the political option well enough, by now I expect him to have a full fledged Biafran nationalist party winning (at the very least) ward elections and moving the Biafran agenda forward.
As for the SS, it is in itself a contraption, I can assure you that I truly cannot even see the SS as a politically viable state, not after all the historical fighting between the ethnicities that make up the SS. Anyone who sees the Itsekiris aligning with the Ijaws to form a breakaway republic must be a pipe dreamer. All I will tell that person is to ease off on the big spliffs and start rolling small joints instead.
SS is just coinage of the elite to grab power. So, who told you that there is a Contraption called SS?. The only option that SS can take is 'United Country' like 'United Kingdom' and not 'States' like 'United States'. You know quite well that United Kingdom is England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland. That is why they go differently to World cup and Euro championships and they have different leagues. So, na so SS go be. You are likely to have Country of Ijaw, Country of Itsekiris, Country of Urhobo, Country of Isoko, Country of Afemai and so on and so forth. All these will be inside 'United SS'. Any one wen tire to stay inside, go fit comot to form 'Republic'.

Want things to change fast ? ..... put all politicians at all levels on minimum wage.
Old 24th June 2016, 04:24 PM

Quote:
SS is just coinage of the elite to grab power. So, who told you that there is a Contraption called SS?. The only option that SS can take is 'United Country' like 'United Kingdom' and not 'States' like 'United States'. You know quite well that United Kingdom is England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland. That is why they go differently to World cup and Euro championships and they have different leagues. So, na so SS go be. You are likely to have Country of Ijaw, Country of Itsekiris, Country of Urhobo, Country of Isoko, Country of Afemai and so on and so forth. All these will be inside 'United SS'. Any one wen tire to stay inside, go fit comot to form 'Republic'.
That is still a contraption Bros, but an interesting one nevertheless. All the same, for now it still remains a pipe dream. Put down that joint and let us live in reality for a while. It is clear a violent exit won't work (the Nigerian millitary isn't buying those Super Tucanos just for show ), let those with separatist agendas work within the current Federal constitution to devolve powers to the federating units first, create their own political structures as they see fit and then demand independence by a vote when they are matured enough and ready to do so. In short, let us see worthwhile developments at State level first of all that will convince anybody that those states are even ready for independence.

The SNP that almost broke the Union last year in the UK didn't kill anybody and didn't even have to riot to almost get what they wanted by the vote, they took their time to build a viable alternative to the mainstream labour and conservative UK parties. Infact, right now the Conservative party is virtually extinct in Scotland and labour has lost a lot of ground.

Last edited by duduspace; 24th June 2016 at 04:36 PM.
Old 24th June 2016, 09:04 PM
Forum Moderator

Quote:

Quote:
That is still a contraption Bros, but an interesting one nevertheless. All the same, for now it still remains a pipe dream. Put down that joint and let us live in reality for a while. It is clear a violent exit won't work (the Nigerian millitary isn't buying those Super Tucanos just for show ), let those with separatist agendas work within the current Federal constitution to devolve powers to the federating units first, create their own political structures as they see fit and then demand independence by a vote when they are matured enough and ready to do so. In short, let us see worthwhile developments at State level first of all that will convince anybody that those states are even ready for independence.

The SNP that almost broke the Union last year in the UK didn't kill anybody and didn't even have to riot to almost get what they wanted by the vote, they took their time to build a viable alternative to the mainstream labour and conservative UK parties. Infact, right now the Conservative party is virtually extinct in Scotland and labour has lost a lot of ground.
Omoo see pontification. I hope you know, nobody is seeking your instructions/directions on how to go about their aspirations

Last edited by waaan5; 24th June 2016 at 09:07 PM.
Old 24th June 2016, 09:11 PM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by egoigwe View Post
That is perfect timing bro. Congrats. I believe things will normalize with time.
Old 24th June 2016, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Omoo see pontification. I hope you know, nobody is seeking your instructions/directions on how to go about their aspirations
I didn't know that your name is nobody.
and the post wasn't addressed to nobody but in response to Oga Migi who has already responded.
Old 27th June 2016, 06:19 PM
Points: 8,299, Level: 61 Points: 8,299, Level: 61 Points: 8,299, Level: 61

Groaned at 15 Times in 13 Posts
PETERICHY is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERICHY View Post
European markets bloodshed!
ftse -7.7%
dax -8.63%
CAC 40 -8.22%
Ibex -6.4%

2008 Global Meltdown will be a childsplay compare to what we are going to witness this time around.

Even if it's 10% of your portfolio you are able to recover better convert it to cash and run as fast as your legs can carry.

DON'T SAY YOU WEREN'T WARNED!!!

*ThE OcToPuS*
What we are seeing now is the spill-over effect of NAIRA FLOAT,

From 1st of July we start to witness the destructive effect BREXIT.

Ignore this warning @ your own peril.

*ThE OcToPuS*
Old 28th June 2016, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picolena66 View Post
Hmmm..................Markets have been crashing since Financial markets began..............In fact the first noted European crash

South Sea bubble crash - of 1720
Then you would have the - East India Dock company of 1769
If we bring Financial Historical dates a little closer in the History Books
we would find the following:

European - Stock Market Crash 1973
Black Wednesday where the British was forced to withdraw the pound from the ERM (European Monetary Exchange) - 1992
European - Stock Market Down turn - 2002
World Wide financial Crisis - 2007 - 2008 - which I survived and learnt many lessons till Today
European Sovereign Debt Crisis - 2010

And the European Markets Survived, Overcame and Adapted and are still in operation Today - many Trades and Transactions are still taking place as we speak...................It will oscillate for while with the uncertainty and fear...........But once a sense Stability and Direction returns it will be Business as usual.......There is a reason why the UK was once called Great Britain you know!!

Throughout History Many have feared the Unknown....while the Bold, Brave and Fortunate always Embrace it

Market pressure eases after Brexit rout - BBC News