Go Back   StockMarketNigeria.com Forums > Nigerian Stocks > Nigerian Stock Exchange

Nigerian Stock Exchange The Nigerian Stock Exchange, Stock brokers, CSCS

Welcome to the StockMarketNigeria.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 27th April 2017, 09:21 PM
Points: 7,274, Level: 56 Points: 7,274, Level: 56 Points: 7,274, Level: 56
Activity: 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Groans: 4
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
kingojames is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MarketWatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERICHY View Post
Go to your bank and request for a Treasury bills form.

Invest the 1m on 365days tenor that will give atleast 18.4% upfront payment which will translate to #184000 cash in your pocket.

Then for the next 12months before the maturity date of your investment carry out research on what to do with your capital.

Attached is the NIGERIA TREASURY BILLS CALENDER.

Thank me later.

*ThE OcToPuS*
I walked into my bank (GTB) this afternoon and requested for Treasury Bills form and my account officer was like "whatttt???" He was so ignorant about it as a bat. I was surprised. I did some research before going there. So after he made a call to educate him on it, he then turned to me and said "the interest is 13.4% as at April 4th. It may not be sold anytime soon. And the least amount you can buy is N50,000,000 and there are no forms for it. You write a letter requesting for....". I smiled. And started educating him.
"Sir that is not so correct. The CBN issue dates for Treasury Bills auction bi-weekly. And commercial banks have forms for their interested customers to fill and a prevailing interest rate is accompanied. The least is amount of purchase is not N50m. T-Bills are sold via commercial banks and official agents such as merchant banks, and sales are open to individuals and corporate investors.Some banks offer a minimum of N50k.There are 3 tenures available: 91 days, 182 days or 364 days."
The guy hurriedly told me "please let me have your number. I will call you when the forms are available".
Na so I waka comot for their.
Still waiting for his call.

Last edited by kingojames; 30th April 2017 at 12:04 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 28th April 2017, 05:59 AM
Points: 8,299, Level: 61 Points: 8,299, Level: 61 Points: 8,299, Level: 61
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Groans: 0
Groaned at 15 Times in 13 Posts
PETERICHY is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingojames View Post
I walked into my bank (GTB) this afternoon and requested for Treasury Bills form and my account officer was like "whatttt???" He was so ignorant about it as a bat. I was surprised. I did some research before going there. So after he made a call to educate him on it, he then turned to me and said "the interest is 13.4% as at April 4th. It may not be sold anytime soon. And the least amount you can buy is N50,000,000 and there are no forms for it. You write a letter requesting for....". I smiled. And started educating him.
"Sir that is not so correct. The CBN issue dates for Treasury Bills auction bi-weekly. And commercial banks have forms for their interested customers to fill and a prevailing interest rate is accompanied. The least is amount of purchase is not N50m. T-Bills are sold via commercial banks and official agents such as merchant banks, and sales are open to individuals and corporate investors.Some banks offer a minimum of ₦50k.There are 3 tenures available: 91 days, 182 days or 364 days."
The guy hurriedly told me please let me have your number. I will call.you if the forms are available".
Na so I waka commotion for their.
Still waiting for his call.

Don't mind your account officer, he simply feigned ignorance since you ain't coming for their miserable fixed deposit rates.

Minimum for TB of most banks is N1m before the N50m rule was implemented last month.

Though now the ONLY difference is you MUST go with the (BANK rate) except you have up to N50m ONLY then you can bid for (YOUR rate) during PRIMARY AUCTIONS.

Since the new rule started STANBIC-IBTC is the BOMB,
they've been dishing 18.47% on their 365dys tenor while GTB,FIRSTBANK & the rest gave 18% on same 365dys tenor.

The last TB i did was in Dec i bidded for 365dys tenor at my rate of 18.65% via fidelity bank and it sailed.

I'm waiting for exchange rate to inch back to N500 before I resume.

You can as well ask them to reinvest your interest simultaneously, that will give you a true yield of approximately 23% on your maturity date. That's another quarter of a million staring at you.

BELOW is the stop rates of the last primary auctions that place on APRIL 19th while the next will be on MAY 5th.

NOTE: Your fund MUST be ready 3days before the auction date.

Now the guns are yours.

91 days - 13.6%

182 days - 17.4%

364 days - 18.9%
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to PETERICHY For This Useful Post:
kingojames (28th April 2017)
Old 29th April 2017, 05:12 PM

Couple that retired in their 30s share their No. 1 money saving tip

Justin and Kaisorn McCurry fast-tracked their retirement by saving up to 70% of their income and putting that money to work.
You don't have to win the lottery or even earn a huge paycheck to retire early,

Justin tells CNBC: "It really just comes down to saving some of your income, setting it aside and letting it grow."
The key to saving more than half your income, he says, is to keep the "big three expenses" — housing, transportation and food — as low as possible: "Look at those top expenses and see if there's any negotiating room."

The McCurry family
By cutting back on "the big three," the McCurry's can keep their annual expenses incredibly low for a family of five: at about $40,000.

They stayed in the starter home they bought out of grad school and paid off their mortgage in 2015, meaning they only cover utilities and maintenance. In terms of transportation, "we kept the cars that we bought brand-new in college for 16 years and just replaced them last year," says Justin.

As for food, they budget $500 a month for groceries. You can read more about how they feed a family of five for $500 a month on their blog, Root of Good.

The McCurry's aren't the only supersavers who focus on keeping their big expenses at bay. "The Money Wizard," a 26-year-old financial blogger who has already built up $150,000 in savings and is on track to retire by 37, says a key to his high savings rate is keeping fixed costs as low as possible.

"If you look at my spending compared to most people, the two main areas I save the most on are rent and car payments," says "The Money Wizard," who keeps his fixed costs at or below $1,000 a month. "I drive a 13-year-old truck that's completely paid off and I split rent with my girlfriend in Minneapolis."

His perspective is similar to that of the McCurry's. You don't need inheritances or windfalls to retire early, he writes: "Just lots of saving, basic investment, and a desk job in the finance industry that places my salary barely above the median household income."
kingojames (29th April 2017)
Old 1st May 2017, 07:53 AM

TBills At A Glimpse! How To Invest In Nigerian Treasury Bills ~ Technology & David In Nigeria | TechDavids

Got some spare cash and don't know where to invest it for high returns? You're not alone my friend.

In fact, there are several others out there with millions stashed up in their homes or lying idle in their savings account without any clue of where to invest it.

I too was in that same position before I discovered treasury bills in Nigeria. and was opportune to meet a lot of people I call brothers that invest in TBills here in Nigeria and are so selfless & keen at letting others know about it.

WHAT IS TREASURY BILLS?

Treasury bills, in short, TBills is a short-term debt obligation backed by the government of a country with a maturity of less than one year.

The government benefits from it in the sense that they use the money raised from selling T-bills to fund various public projects, such as the construction of schools and highways.

T-bills can have maturities of just a few days up to the maximum of 52-weeks. But common maturities in Nigerian treasury bills are three months (91 days), six months (182 days) and one year (364 days).

The longer the maturity date, the higher the interest rate that the T-Bill will pay to the investor.

With TBills, you will get to know that leaving your money idle in a savings account, or putting it in a fixed deposit is a very huge mistake and a total waste of time.

As fixed deposit rates are less than half that of treasury bills. In fact sometimes, after investing in fixed deposit, the banks, in turn, reinvest the money into TBills for higher returns. which is why they keep hiding TBills from us and pretend not to know about it when you ask about it.

Even if you are risk averse. And find it hard to start up a business on your own. Or invest in others due to the high possibility of it going down - Tbills is for you. Because it's a low-risk investment - almost 100% risk-free.

How To Invest In TBills Here In Nigeria

Are you satisfied with what you've read and want to invest in Tbills? Your question maybe when is the next tbills auction coming up? TBills calendar is here to help you. It comes up everything two weeks. Read on to learn more...

==>1. It's easy. You just have to pick a bank of choice. I prefer Stanbic IBTC as they have the best rate for tbills in Nigeria. Although Firstbank, Fidelity, GTBank, access bank, diamond bank and the rest is also a good hit. Zenith na nogo area... Their rates are usually low.

==>2. After choosing a bank, its time to head over, and open an account with them using your ID card and NEPA bills or as required by the bank.

==>3. Load the account with the supposed amount you wish to invest in treasury bills and then wait for the auction week.

Note; as stated earlier, Nigerian treasury bills auction usually come by every 2 weeks. As at the time of publishing this post, the last auction was April 20th, 2017. So you can project by 2 weeks and do the maths to know the next auction.
kingojames (2nd May 2017)
Old 2nd May 2017, 09:04 AM
Points: 7,274, Level: 56 Points: 7,274, Level: 56 Points: 7,274, Level: 56

Groans: 4
kingojames is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERICHY View Post
TBills At A Glimpse! How To Invest In Nigerian Treasury Bills ~ Technology & David In Nigeria | TechDavids

Got some spare cash and don't know where to invest it for high returns? You're not alone my friend.

In fact, there are several others out there with millions stashed up in their homes or lying idle in their savings account without any clue of where to invest it.

I too was in that same position before I discovered treasury bills in Nigeria. and was opportune to meet a lot of people I call brothers that invest in TBills here in Nigeria and are so selfless & keen at letting others know about it.

WHAT IS TREASURY BILLS?

Treasury bills, in short, TBills is a short-term debt obligation backed by the government of a country with a maturity of less than one year.

The government benefits from it in the sense that they use the money raised from selling T-bills to fund various public projects, such as the construction of schools and highways.

T-bills can have maturities of just a few days up to the maximum of 52-weeks. But common maturities in Nigerian treasury bills are three months (91 days), six months (182 days) and one year (364 days).

The longer the maturity date, the higher the interest rate that the T-Bill will pay to the investor.

With TBills, you will get to know that leaving your money idle in a savings account, or putting it in a fixed deposit is a very huge mistake and a total waste of time.

As fixed deposit rates are less than half that of treasury bills. In fact sometimes, after investing in fixed deposit, the banks, in turn, reinvest the money into TBills for higher returns. which is why they keep hiding TBills from us and pretend not to know about it when you ask about it.

Even if you are risk averse. And find it hard to start up a business on your own. Or invest in others due to the high possibility of it going down - Tbills is for you. Because it's a low-risk investment - almost 100% risk-free.

How To Invest In TBills Here In Nigeria

Are you satisfied with what you've read and want to invest in Tbills? Your question maybe when is the next tbills auction coming up? TBills calendar is here to help you. It comes up everything two weeks. Read on to learn more...

==>1. It's easy. You just have to pick a bank of choice. I prefer Stanbic IBTC as they have the best rate for tbills in Nigeria. Although Firstbank, Fidelity, GTBank, access bank, diamond bank and the rest is also a good hit. Zenith na nogo area... Their rates are usually low.

==>2. After choosing a bank, its time to head over, and open an account with them using your ID card and NEPA bills or as required by the bank.

==>3. Load the account with the supposed amount you wish to invest in treasury bills and then wait for the auction week.

Note; as stated earlier, Nigerian treasury bills auction usually come by every 2 weeks. As at the time of publishing this post, the last auction was April 20th, 2017. So you can project by 2 weeks and do the maths to know the next auction.

Thanks Peterrichy for this useful info.
Right now my account officer at GTBank is still playing hide and seek with me on this Tbills issue as I mentioned earlier. They are refusing to give me the Tbills form to fill or order. I wrote a letter requesting, they are still playing "I dey come" with me.
Item ==> 2 of your post is very useful.
At the end on this week, I may decide to move my funds to another bank that are ready to act on my orders. After all 'na my money'.

Last edited by kingojames; 2nd May 2017 at 12:48 PM.
Old 2nd May 2017, 05:00 PM
Points: 8,561, Level: 62 Points: 8,561, Level: 62 Points: 8,561, Level: 62
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
aysok1 is on a distinguished road

https://www.proshareng.com/news/Capi...ent-spac/34680
Old 8th May 2017, 09:43 AM
Points: 3,488, Level: 36 Points: 3,488, Level: 36 Points: 3,488, Level: 36
Activity: 11%
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Groans: 9
Groaned at 10 Times in 10 Posts
Getthere is on a distinguished road

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ix-in-s-africa

Discover Digital to Start New TV Rival to Netflix in Africa

MTN Group Ltd.’s former video-on-demand provider Discover Digital is starting a new South African online TV service with lender Investec Plc, just a day after its partnership with Africa’s biggest wireless operator was canceled.

The closely held company will provide a mix of on-demand subscription content and pay-per-view entertainment as well as sports coverage and news services including Bloomberg TV, Managing Director Stephen Watson said in an emailed response to questions. The product, called Digital Entertainment on Demand, effectively takes the place in the market of VU, which was scrapped by Johannesburg-based MTN on Wednesday.

Discover Digital “has been operating in the video-on-demand space for over three years,” Watson said. “There are options for Investec Bank to become an equity partner in the business.”

The new service joins a wave of online TV providers seeking to grab subscribers in Africa as broadband becomes faster and affordable enough to fuel demand for the service. That poses a threat to Naspers Ltd.’s DSTV, which has long dominated the continent’s pay-TV market. The Cape Town-based company started Showmax, its response to the competition, two years ago. U.S. giant Netflix Inc. expanded into Africa in January 2016.

Sun Partnership

Discover Digital has signed a partnership agreement with South African leisure company Sun International Ltd. that will enable guests at its hotels to access the content for free, Watson told reporters at a press conference on Thursday. The TV provider has secured licensing deals with six Hollywood studios, including Sony Corp. and Walt Disney Co., he said.

This type of TV technology can be expanded quickly, without exorbitant infrastructure costs, according to Watson. The next countries earmarked for expansion are Zimbabwe and Zambia.

“While our immediate focus is sub-Saharan Africa, we have had interest in our services from the Middle East, Eastern Europe and South America,” he said.

MTN emailed customers to say VU would be shut down, without giving a reason. The company will provide subscribers with three months of access to Showmax as compensation, Techcentral website reported, citing MTN South Africa Chief Digital Officer Maxwell Nonge. The move came less than two months after new Chief Executive Officer Rob Shuter joined from Vodafone Group Plc.

Other new entries to the African market include Econet Wireless Global Ltd., the media company owned by Zimbabwe businessman Strive Masiyiwa, and Ericsson AB’s Nuvu, which has partnered with Bharti Airtel Ltd. in Nigeria. Iflix, a video streaming service with customers mostly in southeast Asia that’s backed by telecommunications giant Liberty Global Plc., plans to start streaming TV shows in Africa this month.

DEOD’s sports packages will be charged at 99 rand ($7.31) a month, news channels for 49 rand a month and an on-demand video service at 79 rand a month, Watson said.
Old 8th May 2017, 09:50 AM

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...onomies-falter

Africa Investors Eye Niche Markets as Biggest Economies Slip

Investors targeting Africa are broadening their horizons in their search for yield as sluggish growth and policy uncertainty in Nigeria and South Africa, the continent’s biggest economies, weigh on returns.

Ivory Coast, Senegal, Ghana, Rwanda and Ethiopia are among countries featuring on the radar screens of investors attending the World Economic Forum’s annual gathering of the continent’s business and political leaders being held in Durban on South Africa’s east coast.

All five economies should grow at more than the double the sub-Saharan region’s average forecast rate of 2.6 percent this year, the International Monetary Fund said last month. It expects both Nigeria and South Africa to expand 0.8 percent.

“There is a more nuanced story in Africa,” Razia Khan, Standard Chartered Plc’s head of Africa macro research, said in an interview at the forum. “There are pockets of strength and turnaround. Local factors matter much more than they did in the past.”

Senegal and Ghana are set to benefit from recent oil discoveries. Both their governments, along with those of Rwanda, Ivory Coast and Ethiopia, have also implemented policy changes to attract investment and made it easier for businesses to operate.

Africa attracted $94.1 billion of foreign direct investment last year, up from $71.3 billion the year before, accounting firm EY said in its 2017 Africa Attractiveness report, released on Wednesday. South Africa, Egypt, Morocco, Kenya and Nigeria accounted for 58 percent of the foreign direct investment projects.

Capital Inflows

Fewer than 10 of Africa’s 54 nations probably have sufficiently developed and big-enough economies with the potential to attract significant capital flows and transactions, said Martin Kingston, the chief executive officer of N.M. Rothschild & Sons Ltd. in South Africa.

“We all recognize that we need to be very selective about the markets we focus on and the size of those markets,” he said. “We have seen pockets of real opportunity but also seen substantial concerns about the short-term direction and the ability for policy makers to give effect to the policies that they’ve articulated.”

South Africa’s investment appeal has been dented by an intensifying battle for control of the ruling African National Congress and President Jacob Zuma’s March 31 decision to fire Pravin Gordhan as his finance minister -- a move that prompted S&P Global Ratings and Fitch Ratings Ltd. to downgrade the nation’s credit rating to junk.

Nazmeera Moola, co-head of fixed income at Cape Town-based Investec Asset Management, sees South Africa’s economy growing 1 percent or less this year and doesn’t anticipate a significant improvement under the current political leadership. The ANC is due to hold internal elections at a Dec. 16-20 conference in Johannesburg.

‘Bare Minimum’

“Business is going to be doing the bare minimum in terms of investment until there is clarity in terms of the political outlook,” Moola said in an interview in Durban. “Given the improvement we’ve seen in commodity prices, given the improvement we’ve seen in exports, we really should see investment growing and I fear that’s not going to happen.”

While Nigeria, which has Africa’s biggest population and vies with Angola as the continent’s largest oil producer, was an investor darling when crude prices were high, it fell out of favor as commodity prices slumped and the economy contracted last year. The nation’s appeal has been further eroded by the central bank’s restriction of access to foreign exchange and its intervention in determining the exchange rate.

“There is a fairly long road ahead for Nigeria to reform its institutions, get itself back on its feet, broaden the economy to the extent that its no longer so reliant on oil,” said Chris Newson, Investec Asset Management’s director of private markets. “There are aspects that are looking a bit more encouraging but I wouldn’t be unrealistic. It’s going to take a long time for this to really start moving.”

While investors are seeking opportunities in Nigeria, Kenya and especially Ethiopia, French West Africa is a “region of interest,” particularly Ivory Coast and Senegal, Gary Senior, a corporate partner at Baker & McKenzie LLP’s London office, said in Durban. It was the top law firm for developing market M&A last year in terms of deal count, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.

To realize their full investment and growth potential, African economies need a sustained period of structural transformation, according to Khan.

“What you really need is a period of several decades where 6 to 7 percent growth can be sustained,” she said. “We are not seeing that anywhere in the region yet. ”
Old 10th May 2017, 03:46 PM
Points: 14,716, Level: 78 Points: 14,716, Level: 78 Points: 14,716, Level: 78

Waves will become famous soon enough

I don't know what is driving this market (especially banking stocks) but some people are making cool money now. Is it FX stability? Upcoming GDP report? Oil Prices? Imminent passage of 2017 budget? Whatever it is, worth keeping your eyes on this market.
Old 10th May 2017, 05:13 PM
Points: 8,561, Level: 62 Points: 8,561, Level: 62 Points: 8,561, Level: 62

Groans: 1
aysok1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waves View Post
I don't know what is driving this market (especially banking stocks) but some people are making cool money now. Is it FX stability? Upcoming GDP report? Oil Prices? Imminent passage of 2017 budget? Whatever it is, worth keeping your eyes on this market.
Its a sorry case for those whom the FG successfully lured into the FG Shaming((Savings) Bond.

FPI is crippling in thru the new EmefieleWindow. Those guys normally run locals outta the FI market(consequently, into the NSE)

Last edited by aysok1; 10th May 2017 at 06:03 PM.
Old 10th May 2017, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aysok1 View Post
Its a sorry case for those whom the FG successfully lured into the FG Shaming((Savings) Bond.

FPI is crippling in thru the new EmefieleWindow. Those guys normally run locals outta the FI market(consequently, into the NSE)
Too early to say. Atleast those that invested in those bonds are sure of the return OF their money while we are chasing return ON our money.
Old 11th May 2017, 08:48 AM
Points: 92, Level: 1 Points: 92, Level: 1 Points: 92, Level: 1

Juan78079 is on a distinguished road
Default The billion coin

The billion coin is a crypto currency, digital or internet money used to buy items online or from someone who accepts it rather than cash. Marketers and exchangers are getting to accept the coins and merchants are coming up also for exchange. The value of the coins increases everyday by 1 pm in nigeria time and it never goes down. Tbc has come to end poverty. Call or whatsapp Tbc stake holder on (08184336340) Thanks
Advertisements
Old 11th May 2017, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aysok1 View Post

I read somewhere a new law was passed that pension funds invest a certain minimum amount in stocks.Could be those funds that are coming into the market

Nobody seems to be sure what us happening
Old 11th May 2017, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getthere View Post
I read somewhere a new law was passed that pension funds invest a certain minimum amount in stocks.Could be those funds that are coming into the market

Nobody seems to be sure what us happening
PENCOM last month issued new investment guidelines based on the 'Multi-Fund" structure. This essentially, classifies contributors and their monies in to different classes mainly based on age and thus risk appetites and asset allocation. One of the new requirement is that there is a minimum percentage of funds that should be invested in 'Variable Income" (in Nigeria that means shares since PFAs hardly do PEs). I am not sure that PFAs have already started implementing this though so might not be the major driver for this rally. You can read the document here

http://www.pencom.gov.ng/docs/149253...ril%202017.pdf
Old 14th May 2017, 01:57 PM

Default The billion coin

Buy your TBC. The billion coin is a crypto currency, digital or internet money used to buy items online or from someone who accepts it rather than cash. Marketers and exchangers are getting to accept the coins and merchants are coming up also for exchange. The value of the coins increases everyday by 1 pm in nigeria time and it never goes down. Call or whatsapp Tbc stake holder on (08184336340) Thanks
Old 30th May 2017, 12:56 PM

Default The billion coin

Buy your TBC. The billion coin is a crypto currency, digital or internet money used to buy items or for the exchange of goods and services to co member of TBC or an organization. Marketers and exchangers are getting to accept the coins and merchants, trade fares are coming up also for exchange. . The value of the coins increases everyday by 1 pm in nigeria time and it never goes down.*
Digital Currency (CryptoCurrency) is fast taking over
globally. Call or whatsapp Tbc stake holder on (08184336340) Thanks
Old 5th June 2017, 02:46 PM
Points: 7,451, Level: 57 Points: 7,451, Level: 57 Points: 7,451, Level: 57

utuocha is on a distinguished road

:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d
Quote:
Originally Posted by utuocha View Post
i see a great wind
that will propel the elephant
and make it run and run

may those who have ears hear
and be the 1st to bank
on the back of the elephant!
Old 17th June 2017, 03:54 PM
Points: 787, Level: 14 Points: 787, Level: 14 Points: 787, Level: 14

Devlin is on a distinguished road

I also read summaries from popular brokers. Itself while on a demo account I am engaged in trading. But I'm looking for a good broker here https://topbrokers.com/ to entrust my finances to him. It's much more profitable than a deposit in a bank.
Old 17th June 2017, 03:56 PM
Points: 34, Level: 1 Points: 34, Level: 1 Points: 34, Level: 1

Ninos is on a distinguished road

Few details. And the opinion of experienced brokers I would like to read.
Old 15th September 2017, 10:18 PM
Points: 8,630, Level: 62 Points: 8,630, Level: 62 Points: 8,630, Level: 62
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Valuefront is on a distinguished road

So will IPOB unrest pull down NSE wall