Go Back   StockMarketNigeria.com Forums > Nigerian Stocks > Petroleum, Gas & Oil Stocks > Oando

Oando Discuss Oando shares

Welcome to the StockMarketNigeria.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

View Poll Results: IF YOU ARE IN AMBITIOUSR SHOES WHAT WILL YOU DO?
PART WITH THE 50K 4 21.05%
ADMIT YOU WERE WRONG AND APOLOGIZE 11 57.89%
REMAIN DEFIANT 4 21.05%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 7th January 2013, 03:56 PM
Points: 9,180, Level: 64 Points: 9,180, Level: 64 Points: 9,180, Level: 64
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Babs_O will become famous soon enough
Default Re: oando

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.abrahamb View Post
You 'believe'? Based on what? The promises of these guys? Emotion? Did you participate in the last public offer? Go back and pick up that prospectus and see how believable it was then.

As for when, I do know there are companies whose good cashflow took 2 years for Mr. Market to notice. The cashflow for these guys now can only be described in one word - DISMAL.
Is OANDO cashflow dismal
The bull train headed Oando into N13 today.
What do you see as the intrinsic value of OANDO pre and post rights offer ?
The standard of living of any society is based on the goods and services available therein. The result of business ventures. My prayer is for God's mercy to save us from the hands of Nigerians who come to leadership positions to set the country backwards.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 7th January 2013, 07:57 PM
Points: 5,015, Level: 45 Points: 5,015, Level: 45 Points: 5,015, Level: 45
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
dr.abrahamb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs_O View Post
Is OANDO cashflow dismal
The bull train headed Oando into N13 today.
'Ololo' effects
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 8th January 2013, 07:12 AM

Quote:
'Ololo' effects
The standard of living of any society is based on the goods and services available therein. The result of business ventures. My prayer is for God's mercy to save us from the hands of Nigerians who come to leadership positions to set the country backwards.
Old 8th January 2013, 07:31 AM
Points: 3,603, Level: 37 Points: 3,603, Level: 37 Points: 3,603, Level: 37
Activity: 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Groans: 2
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
goldsun2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
take time and read the OANDO thread
Old 8th January 2013, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsun2 View Post
take time and read the OANDO thread
The thread is full of (hurt) feelings. There is no computation on what the intrinsic value is. Recently STERLING Bank is rated a buy based on computed intrinsic value. Years back the hurt feelings rated STERLING a sell even at lower prices than it is now. I feel OANDO has reached a low. All the greedy people that have taken a seat and ready to take more positions must be looking at a current and future worth on OANDO. What is that worth pre and post Rights issue.
Old 8th January 2013, 01:48 PM
Points: 9,092, Level: 64 Points: 9,092, Level: 64 Points: 9,092, Level: 64
Activity: 22%
Activity: 22% Activity: 22% Activity: 22%

Groans: 1
duduspace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The thread is full of (hurt) feelings. There is no computation on what the intrinsic value is. Recently STERLING Bank is rated a buy based on computed intrinsic value. Years back the hurt feelings rated STERLING a sell even at lower prices than it is now. I feel OANDO has reached a low. All the greedy people that have taken a seat and ready to take more positions must be looking at a current and future worth on OANDO. What is that worth pre and post Rights issue.
Oga Babs, I totally agree with you. Sentiments don enter this Oando matter, its a pity cos some of the well versed Ogas here could have done some really comprehensive analysis to help in pricing this stock appropriately.
If I have money, I would take up my rights offer on a whim and a prayer.
Old 8th January 2013, 02:02 PM
Points: 16,620, Level: 82 Points: 16,620, Level: 82 Points: 16,620, Level: 82

Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
emmanuel ewumi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by duduspace View Post
oga babs, i totally agree with you. Sentiments don enter this oando matter, its a pity cos some of the well versed ogas here could have done some really comprehensive analysis to help in pricing this stock appropriately.
If i have money, i would take up my rights offer on a whim and a prayer.

amen
Old 8th January 2013, 02:04 PM

What is responsible for the price movement of this stock? I thought the stock should be on technical suspension, until the conclusion of the right offer.
Old 8th January 2013, 02:10 PM
Points: 10,670, Level: 68 Points: 10,670, Level: 68 Points: 10,670, Level: 68

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
horlads is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmanuel ewumi View Post
What is responsible for the price movement of this stock? I thought the stock should be on technical suspension, until the conclusion of the right offer.
That na old school format. Price of stocks issuing new shares are no longer fixed on the NSE in line with world best practices..

A hen that leaves her chicks unguarded should not complain when the predatory hawk comes calling - horlads
Old 8th January 2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horlads View Post
That na old school format. Price of stocks issuing new shares are no longer fixed on the NSE in line with world best practices..

If that is the case, i wont take my right. I will buy more on the floor for N12 or less.
Old 8th January 2013, 02:24 PM
Points: 10,670, Level: 68 Points: 10,670, Level: 68 Points: 10,670, Level: 68

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
horlads is on a distinguished road

Quote:
If that is the case, i wont take my right. I will buy more on the floor for N12 or less.
You sure won't be able to get it on the floor for N12 till the rights is over. There will be interests to keep the price up there so that the rights can be attractive....

A hen that leaves her chicks unguarded should not complain when the predatory hawk comes calling - horlads
Old 8th January 2013, 03:48 PM
Forum Moderator
Points: 42,313, Level: 100 Points: 42,313, Level: 100 Points: 42,313, Level: 100
Activity: 22%
Activity: 22% Activity: 22% Activity: 22%

Groans: 18
knightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Oga Babs, I totally agree with you. Sentiments don enter this Oando matter, its a pity cos some of the well versed Ogas here could have done some really comprehensive analysis to help in pricing this stock appropriately.
Analyzing Oando is a full time job and I sure don't have that kind of time. If 10% of the companies on the NSE do the kind of things Oando do, we will have a horrible market to deal with. Oando doesn't put all their information together in one place. You will see one information somewhere and then another one will pop up from another place just when have just finished digesting the latest shenanigan. And the problem with Oando is that they are always doing transactions and all of them are complex. The more complex the transactions the bigger the room you leave for fleecing investors, like Enron.

Nestle do things in a simple way, just like Guinness, NB and even Dangote cement. It is only Oando, that is not even in the 30 most capitalized stocks on the NSE that will be running around the world opening companies in Bermuda and reversing some mergers in Canada while at the same time listing in South Africa and issuing a convertible bond domiciled in Netherlands.

Sometimes you wonder if the managers of Oando even have time to run the company.

By the way I will be meeting with the MD Oando before the end of the week. And for the record, I will no longer discuss anything in-depth about Oando for the next few months neither will I touch the stock with a long pole.

I'd rather buy a business I understand. As for the hurtful feelings, I am not hurt by Oando because I made money from it but I am just tired of their complexities.

"Pursue excellence and success will follow, pants down" - Ranchoddas Shamaldas Chanchad

"People do not have to believe in you for you to succeed. Work hard. When you succeed, they will believe." - Stephen Keshi
Old 8th January 2013, 04:02 PM
Points: 7,291, Level: 56 Points: 7,291, Level: 56 Points: 7,291, Level: 56
Activity: 16%
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

overload is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofdelta View Post
Analyzing Oando is a full time job and I sure don't have that kind of time. If 10% of the companies on the NSE do the kind of things Oando do, we will have a horrible market to deal with. Oando doesn't put all their information together in one place. You will see one information somewhere and then another one will pop up from another place just when have just finished digesting the latest shenanigan. And the problem with Oando is that they are always doing transactions and all of them are complex. The more complex the transactions the bigger the room you leave for fleecing investors, like Enron.

Nestle do things in a simple way, just like Guinness, NB and even Dangote cement. It is only Oando, that is not even in the 30 most capitalized stocks on the NSE that will be running around the world opening companies in Bermuda and reversing some mergers in Canada while at the same time listing in South Africa and issuing a convertible bond domiciled in Netherlands.

Sometimes you wonder if the managers of Oando even have time to run the company.

By the way I will be meeting with the MD Oando before the end of the week. And for the record, I will no longer discuss anything in-depth about Oando for the next few months neither will I touch the stock with a long pole.

I'd rather buy a business I understand. As for the hurtful feelings, I am not hurt by Oando because I made money from it but I am just tired of their complexities.
Big Boiz! Abeg help us Hail Oga Wale! BTW, why are you meeting these guys, dem want borrow from the funds you manage?
Old 8th January 2013, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horlads View Post
You sure won't be able to get it on the floor for N12 till the rights is over. There will be interests to keep the price up there so that the rights can be attractive....

Getting it for N13 on the floor is not bad.
Old 8th January 2013, 04:45 PM
Forum Moderator
Points: 16,893, Level: 83 Points: 16,893, Level: 83 Points: 16,893, Level: 83
Activity: 18%
Activity: 18% Activity: 18% Activity: 18%

Groans: 2
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
waaan5 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by overload View Post
Big Boiz! Abeg help us Hail Oga Wale! BTW, why are you meeting these guys, dem want borrow from the funds you manage?
I think it is business as usual. KOD must have requested the meeting (and it will not be with Wale?)

Btw, I agree with the point about complexity of the business (relative to peer mid sized coys on the NSE). A positive spin for this maybe that the company has a wider vision/aspiration.

Last edited by waaan5; 8th January 2013 at 04:49 PM.
Old 8th January 2013, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waaan5 View Post
I think it is business as usual. KOD must have requested the meeting (and it will not be with Wale?)

Btw, I agree with the point about complexity of the business (relative to peer mid sized coys on the NSE). A positive spin for this maybe that the company has a wider vision/aspiration.
What is the vision of Nestle when they came to Nigeria in the early 70s? I am sure Nestle had and still has a wide vision and aspiration.
Old 8th January 2013, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Quote:
To the first bolded: Oando currently has 2.274b O/S. With a 2 for 1 Rights you know what they will end up with abi? Now pick their Q2 earnings and multiply by 2, then divide what you get by the new O/S post offer.

To the last bolded: Calculate the BV for Oando. Be sure to remove intangible assets and other tax and 'non receivables' from the net assets O.

Caveat: This is a simple semi-analysis O; no be comprehensive one from a big Oga on the forum
Old 8th January 2013, 05:21 PM

Quote:
To the first bolded: Oando currently has 2.274b O/S. With a 2 for 1 Rights you know what they will end up with abi? Now pick their Q2 earnings and multiply by 2, then divide what you get by the new O/S post offer.

To the last bolded: Calculate the BV for Oando. Be sure to remove intangible assets and other tax and 'non receivables' from the net assets O.

Caveat: This is a simple semi-analysis O; no be comprehensive one from a big Oga on the forum

You can get the figures from the right offer document. The outstanding shares will be 6.8 billion

Last edited by emmanuel ewumi; 8th January 2013 at 05:25 PM.
Old 8th January 2013, 05:24 PM

Quote:
You can get the figures from the right offer document.
Thank you Oga Emma, I forgot to mention that.
Old 8th January 2013, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Thank you Oga Emma, I forgot to mention that.

Post right offer book value should be N21, down from the pre right offer book value of about N40.

« - | - »