Go Back   StockMarketNigeria.com Forums > Nigerian Stocks > Petroleum, Gas & Oil Stocks > Oando

Oando Discuss Oando shares

Welcome to the StockMarketNigeria.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

View Poll Results: IF YOU ARE IN AMBITIOUSR SHOES WHAT WILL YOU DO?
PART WITH THE 50K 4 21.05%
ADMIT YOU WERE WRONG AND APOLOGIZE 11 57.89%
REMAIN DEFIANT 4 21.05%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 18th January 2013, 05:26 PM
Points: 16,283, Level: 81 Points: 16,283, Level: 81 Points: 16,283, Level: 81
Activity: 50%
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Groans: 0
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
emmanuel ewumi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: oando

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs_O View Post
What is the difference between OANDO and OandO. On this thread OandO (Ocean and Oil) seem to have more sentiments or is it prospects of being profitable.

I am watching the price. Perhaps I will sell at N18 to pick my rights at N12. I am weary of adding new money. Let me continue with my current level of risk in ONADO maximising my current investment it it perhaps it will rise seriously again as interest rates go down and better cashflow takes place from the new Assets and as Management become more investor friendly waiting preparing for a bigger capital raising again at a higher price in future as the company grows

I hope to do same. Unfortunately, i don't have enough fund to take up mu right.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 18th January 2013, 05:28 PM
Forum Moderator
Points: 26,049, Level: 96 Points: 26,049, Level: 96 Points: 26,049, Level: 96
Activity: 87%
Activity: 87% Activity: 87% Activity: 87%

Groaned at 17 Times in 17 Posts
Oracle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs_O View Post
What is the difference between OANDO and OandO. On this thread OandO (Ocean and Oil) seem to have more sentiments or is it prospects of being profitable.

I am watching the price. Perhaps I will sell at N18 to pick my rights at N12. I am weary of adding new money. Let me continue with my current level of risk in ONADO maximising my current investment it it perhaps it will rise seriously again as interest rates go down and better cashflow takes place from the new Assets and as Management become more investor friendly waiting preparing for a bigger capital raising again at a higher price in future as the company grows
The difference between OANDO and OandO is that while the "and" in the former is in capital letters,the "and" in the latter is in small letters
Old 18th January 2013, 05:36 PM
Points: 4,433, Level: 42 Points: 4,433, Level: 42 Points: 4,433, Level: 42
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
lolobo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivins1 View Post
Lobobo there is nothing personal here . Its your money and nobody has the right to dictate to you how to spend your money if you wanted to find out other people opinion about the company and it doesnt agree with yours, the final decision is in your hands. I know you are already positioned but there is nothing personal here. As father wanajo said, We will all be interested in buying ocean and Oil . If you want to buy oando thats your headache and I wish you luck like those who have been smiling to the bank doing business with oando
Give credit to oando , we go give them debt too. open ya eyes my friend before your money enter bush . No emotions here .
No hard feelings my man. Lol @ open ya eyes my friend before your money enter bush. All investors de hustle, na only GEJ de positioned. .
I like to learn every day, is Ocean and Oil, not Oando? Its a matter of branding really.
I know that Ocean and Oil acquired unipetrol and rebranded to Oando and they used to be core investors in oando till 2010 I suppose. My investments de there so I de follow their matter seriously, if any magomago, na me go first shout for roof top.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 18th January 2013, 05:48 PM
Points: 93, Level: 1 Points: 93, Level: 1 Points: 93, Level: 1
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Rukayat is on a distinguished road

I do not think we should treat Capital Market investment like this.. All the banks which were were trading at N30 or N50 in 2008-09 and now trading at N7 or N10 will also not be relied on... Specially with what is going on in Oil and Sector - still companies like Forte Oil and Oando are trying to make good investments for future of investors and the country... None of the companies which came with their Public Offers in 2008-09 are doing well.. does this mean that we should stop investing.... No...
Old 18th January 2013, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolobo View Post
No hard feelings my man. Lol @ open ya eyes my friend before your money enter bush. All investors de hustle, na only GEJ de positioned. .
I like to learn every day, is Ocean and Oil, not Oando? Its a matter of branding really.
I know that Ocean and Oil acquired unipetrol and rebranded to Oando and they used to be core investors in oando till 2010 I suppose. My investments de there so I de follow their matter seriously, if any magomago, na me go first shout for roof top.

Ocean and Oil is different from OANDO, Ocean and Oil owns about 12% shares in OANDO. I hope am correct about their percentage shareholding, Stanbic IBTC nominee is the largest investor in the company
Old 18th January 2013, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukayat View Post
I do not think we should treat Capital Market investment like this.. All the banks which were were trading at N30 or N50 in 2008-09 and now trading at N7 or N10 will also not be relied on... Specially with what is going on in Oil and Sector - still companies like Forte Oil and Oando are trying to make good investments for future of investors and the country... None of the companies which came with their Public Offers in 2008-09 are doing well.. does this mean that we should stop investing.... No...
Na wa for all of una wey join the forum in January 2013, i hope say una no be OANDO staff. Analyst Proshare sef join the forum in January 2013, and na OANDO thread all of una dey frequent.
Old 18th January 2013, 06:04 PM

I know say Wale dey really try to market this right issue, but can investors trust him this time around, is he not biting more than he can chew, is he not over paying for this assets.
I remember when UAC embarked on shopping spree, buying up companies at overprices prices in the 80s, the company promising started retrogressing and even making losses, before another management started selling these assets at a loss. Now UACN is now a profitable business.

I hope some of the investments made by Wale will not be sold at a loss to his cronies. Nothing is impossible in corporate Nigeria.
Old 18th January 2013, 06:09 PM

Oando’s Expensive Route To 25,000BOPD - Africa Oil+Gas Report
The Following User Says Thank You to emmanuel ewumi For This Useful Post:
lolobo (18th January 2013)
Old 18th January 2013, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmanuel ewumi View Post
The offshore business constitutes one of the key downsides of this purchase. Neither of these assets is anywhere close to development in the next five years. Appraisal has not started on the Chota-Bolia structure, which is the main prospect in OML 131(which Oando will be operator). OPL 214 is squarely in the exploration phase. Yet these two have attracted close to $200MM.
This pay out is quite large
Old 18th January 2013, 06:11 PM

Quote:
The offshore business constitutes one of the key downsides of this purchase. Neither of these assets is anywhere close to development in the next five years. Appraisal has not started on the Chota-Bolia structure, which is the main prospect in OML 131(which Oando will be operator). OPL 214 is squarely in the exploration phase. Yet these two have attracted close to $200MM.
This pay out is quite large
Remember that these assets are going to Oando Energy Resources(OER), the Companys relatively new 94% owned subsidiary listed in Canada? In the event of this transaction, those investors bringing in the $650Million will be owning 65% of the equity in OER. That company itself will be saddled with a debt of $800Million. Oandos own shares in OER will be so diluted itd become like just any other investor in Oando Energy Resources, having a small stake.
Old 18th January 2013, 06:45 PM
Points: 4,343, Level: 41 Points: 4,343, Level: 41 Points: 4,343, Level: 41
Activity: 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
chudinho is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Rukayat

Quote:
Na wa for all of una wey join the forum in January 2013, i hope say una no be OANDO staff. Analyst Proshare sef join the forum in January 2013, and na OANDO thread all of una dey frequent.

Oga Emma, what Rukayat said is very correct. Some people in this forum are talking down stocks they dont hold and promoting stock they hold since they know that this SMN community can make or mar any stock in the NSE. I challenge anybody on this forum to prove that Wale has not really invested huge in upstream assets. Oando was formerly an ordinary downstream marketing company. Yes, I have issues with their corporate governance especially how they paid themselves huge amount in 2011 year end but they are not alone in corporate governance issue. To be fair to the company, they have really made huge upstream investment which if well harnessed will be profitable in future. If they dont invest, people will complain. If they do, people will also complain. At least I did not join this forum in 2013. Knowing what I know today, I will not advise a trader to invest in Oando but I will advise any value investor to invest as much as he can. Oando in not in my trading portfolio but enough in my investment portfolio.
Old 18th January 2013, 06:57 PM
Points: 4,433, Level: 42 Points: 4,433, Level: 42 Points: 4,433, Level: 42
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

lolobo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Ocean and Oil is different from OANDO, Ocean and Oil owns about 12% shares in OANDO. I hope am correct about their percentage shareholding, Stanbic IBTC nominee is the largest investor in the company
Thank you brother for the information.
Old 18th January 2013, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chudinho View Post

Oga Emma, what Rukayat said is very correct. Some people in this forum are talking down stocks they don’t hold and promoting stock they hold since they know that this SMN community can make or mar any stock in the NSE. I challenge anybody on this forum to prove that Wale has not really invested huge in upstream assets. Oando was formerly an ordinary downstream marketing company. Yes, I have issues with their corporate governance especially how they paid themselves huge amount in 2011 year end but they are not alone in corporate governance issue. To be fair to the company, they have really made huge upstream investment which if well harnessed will be profitable in future. If they don’t invest, people will complain. If they do, people will also complain. At least I did not join this forum in 2013. Knowing what I know today, I will not advise a trader to invest in Oando but I will advise any value investor to invest as much as he can. Oando in not in my trading portfolio but enough in my investment portfolio.
Are these investments made at competitive prices, are you sure the so called investments are not overpriced. When will Wale simplify the difficult corporate structure of OANDO, don't you think it will be better if these subsidiaries are spun off so that investors can actually value the company. How come Wale has not achieved the forecast he made doing the last 2 fund raising exercises. Those guys need to be open to investors, they need to have shareholders interest at heart.

Last edited by emmanuel ewumi; 18th January 2013 at 07:07 PM.
Old 18th January 2013, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Are these investments made at competitive prices, are you sure the so called investments are not overpriced. When will Wale simplify the difficult corporate structure of OANDO, don't you think it will be better for the subsidiaries to be spun off so that investors can actually value the company. How come Wale has not made the forecast he made doing the last 2 fund raising exercise. Those guys need to be open to investors, they need to have shareholders interest at heart.
As a matter of fact some people joined the forum in January 2013 just to indirectly market the current right issue of OANDO.
Old 18th January 2013, 07:13 PM
Points: 93, Level: 1 Points: 93, Level: 1 Points: 93, Level: 1

Rukayat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Oga Emmanuel, I am new on this forum because I googled up active forums where the Nigerian Capital Market is been discussed as it seems that the market is bouncing back, just for me to join heads with investors, or is this a forum for a cartel. If so, I apologise. It assumed it was an open forum. When I joined, I simply made an honest contribution. Na wa for this forum o. Or is there something I am missing here.
Old 18th January 2013, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Oga Emmanuel, I am new on this forum because I googled up active forums where the Nigerian Capital Market is been discussed as it seems that the market is bouncing back, just for me to join heads with investors, or is this a forum for a cartel. If so, I apologise. It assumed it was an open forum. When I joined, I simply made an honest contribution. Na wa for this forum o. Or is there something I am missing here.
I am sorry Rukayat.
Old 18th January 2013, 07:58 PM
Points: 3,037, Level: 33 Points: 3,037, Level: 33 Points: 3,037, Level: 33
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

dr dowell is on a distinguished road

Quote:
This is an open forum. Ur views are welcomed. I join actively Nov 2012 after being a passive member for 4 yrs. I decided to fully participate in the rich discussions. However U may need to have mature mind so that U will not feel offended sometimes which I consider normal in human interractions. My Oga has apologized. Pls continue to make Ur contributions we need them. U are welcome.
Old 18th January 2013, 08:19 PM
Points: 1,178, Level: 18 Points: 1,178, Level: 18 Points: 1,178, Level: 18

kenneth10 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
As a matter of fact some people joined the forum in January 2013 just to indirectly market the current right issue of OANDO.
That may be true, One needs to be careful, but it may not necessarily apply to everyone who joined in Jan 2013.
I joined this year, and am an Oando shareholder who has totally lost faith in the company (sold my Access bank @ N6.5 to buy) only to discover later after the price took a dive that a lot of things had happened - Profit warning, payoffs for TSA&MSA cancellation, routing part of the payoff back into convertibles, initiating more convertibles, reverse takeover, holding shareholders bound my approvals given years ago, rights issues etc Series cowboy behaviors.
Their action reminds me of a story I read in on edition of The Economist 2006 which chronicled how Martin and Oliver Bouygues were e able to personally acquire assets of Bouygues S.A. for themselves through a complex series of transactions stretched over years to the detriment of other shareholders. Today they are one of the richest in France.
French corporate governance: Creative construction | The Economist
Possible thats the model they are following. They must have reasoned that if it could happen in France then it would be a piecemeal here.
I think we should be careful here in Nigeria and Africa at large about these Shenanigans and Robber Barons. They are taught these things in business schools. We saw them in action in the banking sector when as we were contributing money to them via POs and PPs they were laughing at us and were simply shoveling the money into their pockets. They are at work in Oando and in maybe in other companies as we speak.
Thats what capitalism breeds but we are in the modern world and shouldnt allow them to profiteer.
Going through the earlier posts, it was clear to me that, if I had been following this forum and had all the news and analysis as at the time they were posted here, I would have taken off long ago and maybe would have gotten into greener pastures.
In summary, I joined this year but am totally against what is happening at Oando because there is a flagrant disregard for the rights of the small shareholders as a result of which am sitting on losses and missed oppourtunities.
That label may surely apply to some or most but not to everyone.
The Following User Says Thank You to kenneth10 For This Useful Post:
hispy99 (18th January 2013)
Old 18th January 2013, 08:22 PM
Points: 3,037, Level: 33 Points: 3,037, Level: 33 Points: 3,037, Level: 33
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

dr dowell is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chudinho View Post

Oga Emma, what Rukayat said is very correct. Some people in this forum are talking down stocks they dont hold and promoting stock they hold since they know that this SMN community can make or mar any stock in the NSE. I challenge anybody on this forum to prove that Wale has not really invested huge in upstream assets. Oando was formerly an ordinary downstream marketing company. Yes, I have issues with their corporate governance especially how they paid themselves huge amount in 2011 year end but they are not alone in corporate governance issue. To be fair to the company, they have really made huge upstream investment which if well harnessed will be profitable in future. If they dont invest, people will complain. If they do, people will also complain. At least I did not join this forum in 2013. Knowing what I know today, I will not advise a trader to invest in Oando but I will advise any value investor to invest as much as he can. Oando in not in my trading portfolio but enough in my investment portfolio.
This is one of the interesting aspect of SMN. Analyzing investment opportunity. My Oga the major problem with Oando is not being Transparent. There are a lot of opportunity in Oando.The question is how many of this opportunity eventually get to U As a shareholder. To sum it up they are wasters. Their statement can not be relied up. I think it is a management problem. I have never seen a leopard change her skin. Until this present crop of management team leaves, It is capital No No for Oando for me. I rather stay with a company that generate N1 and save 5ok than stay with a company that generate N10 and save 50K
Old 18th January 2013, 09:44 PM
Forum Moderator
Points: 5,930, Level: 49 Points: 5,930, Level: 49 Points: 5,930, Level: 49

Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
1himself is on a distinguished road

Quote:
First of all welcome to SMN.... Talking abt d attitude ur getting, its actually something u shld endear urself to and see it as a way of learning.. Nosa neva even grid uoo.

I can link u to d scolds, knocks, lamblast I got frm my first sets of posts... Yet I neva fought or complained.... Now I get kudos from those that blasted me then cos ONLY them has taken me thru d learning stage

Read Stock Market updates on-

http://www.1himself.blogspot.com

« - | - »