Go Back   StockMarketNigeria.com Forums > Nigerian Stocks > Petroleum, Gas & Oil Stocks > Oando

Oando Discuss Oando shares

Welcome to the StockMarketNigeria.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

View Poll Results: IF YOU ARE IN AMBITIOUSR SHOES WHAT WILL YOU DO?
PART WITH THE 50K 4 21.05%
ADMIT YOU WERE WRONG AND APOLOGIZE 11 57.89%
REMAIN DEFIANT 4 21.05%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 22nd January 2013, 04:33 PM
Points: 4,644, Level: 43 Points: 4,644, Level: 43 Points: 4,644, Level: 43
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Groans: 0
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
dr.abrahamb is on a distinguished road
Default Re: oando

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJay01 View Post
What qualifies this report an 'independent'? Goodness me, it does appear to have 'major bias in favour of Oando' written all over it.

Won't be seen dead near the rights issue!!! Before anyone thinks of e-attack, this is my non-negotiable opinion which I am entitled to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by duduspace View Post
What qualifies it as being 'none independent' are you aware of any relationship, surreptitious or otherwise between the entities Oando, Ocean and Oil Holdings, (inclusive of any known or unknown subsidiaries) and Proshare?
If so, speak now or forever hold your peace.

I've followed Proshare for sometime and while you may not 'always' agree with their recommendations, I think its wrong to accuse them of bias. I recall their recent history of taking on a Oil Baron (who has since done a deal with AMCON) and the intimidation and other arm twisting they had to face for telling the truth as they saw it.

I've also followed their stance on the cement issue in recent times as well and can't fault their independent posture.

Please, lets not sling mud when we have no valid proof or even circumstantial evidence of any sort.
Bias does not portend a character deficit. It simply shows your perspective on an issue could result in a poor/non-objective conclusion/finding.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to dr.abrahamb For This Useful Post:
Proshare (24th January 2013)
Old 22nd January 2013, 04:46 PM
Points: 8,235, Level: 61 Points: 8,235, Level: 61 Points: 8,235, Level: 61
Activity: 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Groans: 1
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
BigJay01 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by duduspace View Post
What qualifies it as being 'none independent' are you aware of any relationship, surreptitious or otherwise between the entities Oando, Ocean and Oil Holdings, (inclusive of any known or unknown subsidiaries) and Proshare?
If so, speak now or forever hold your peace.

I've followed Proshare for sometime and while you may not 'always' agree with their recommendations, I think its wrong to accuse them of bias. I recall their recent history of taking on a Oil Baron (who has since done a deal with AMCON) and the intimidation and other arm twisting they had to face for telling the truth as they saw it.

I've also followed their stance on the cement issue in recent times as well and can't fault their independent posture.

Please, lets not sling mud when we have no valid proof or even circumstantial evidence of any sort.
You might want to find out the meaning of bias.

We all know story of the rating agencies and Lehman Bros. Perhaps, you wanna be addressing folks that bought their last rights offer.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following User Says NO Thank You to BigJay01 For This Un-useful Post:
Old 22nd January 2013, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJay01 View Post
What qualifies this report an 'independent'? Goodness me, it does appear to have 'major bias in favour of Oando' written all over it.

Won't be seen dead near the rights issue!!! Before anyone thinks of e-attack, this is my non-negotiable opinion which I am entitled to.
Abeg try check your PM. Small kweshion dey there for you.
Old 22nd January 2013, 04:53 PM
Points: 4,433, Level: 42 Points: 4,433, Level: 42 Points: 4,433, Level: 42
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
lolobo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmanuel ewumi View Post
I wrote an article that bordered on the corporate governance issues in OANDO, this independent analyst refused to publish it.
I have followed Proshare for so long and just as duduspace mentioned, they have been fair, their reports timely and I find their reports and analysis credible enough which has aided most of my investment decisions. Majority of investors on this forum read and follow them too. They always provide information and analysis on the happenings in the market for both institutional and retail investors like you and I.

Did you read up the starcomms issue they took on some few months back and fought for the retail investors?

I think we should cut out these sentimental issues centred around Oando and focus on the facts and figures open to us all to make the right decisions.
Old 22nd January 2013, 05:12 PM
Points: 8,772, Level: 63 Points: 8,772, Level: 63 Points: 8,772, Level: 63
Activity: 56%
Activity: 56% Activity: 56% Activity: 56%

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
duduspace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.abrahamb View Post
Bias does not portend a character deficit. It simply shows your perspective on an issue could result in a poor/non-objective conclusion/finding.
I totally understand this Oga Doki, the simple fact that Proshare has a 'BUY' recommendation implies a positive 'bias' towards this rights issue and I'm not referring to that 'bias'.
If you however question their independence as BigJay did, that is a totally different level of bias being referred to and that does imply a character deficit no matter how little or how light hearted the comment was.
I took BigJays contribution as being light hearted actually and I'm not starting any big issue, I just felt its important to also point out the good work Proshare have been doing.
The Following User Says Thank You to duduspace For This Useful Post:
Old 22nd January 2013, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolobo View Post
I have followed Proshare for so long and just as duduspace mentioned, they have been fair, their reports timely and I find their reports and analysis credible enough which has aided most of my investment decisions. Majority of investors on this forum read and follow them too. They always provide information and analysis on the happenings in the market for both institutional and retail investors like you and I.

Did you read up the starcomms issue they took on some few months back and fought for the retail investors?

I think we should cut out these sentimental issues centred around Oando and focus on the facts and figures open to us all to make the right decisions.
I do not think the management indiscretion towards shareholders in Oando is a sentimental issue. It is so big an issue that fundamental analysis dedicates almost a third of its teachings on Qualitative analysis to 'management'.

I think Proshare is doing a good job; albeit looking in only one place - figures, figures, figures. If the rear-view mirror is indeed clearer than the windshield, then that rear-view mirror will not only mirror past results; it will also mirror past conflicts of interest.
The Following User Says Thank You to dr.abrahamb For This Useful Post:
Old 22nd January 2013, 05:43 PM
Forum Moderator
Points: 41,889, Level: 100 Points: 41,889, Level: 100 Points: 41,889, Level: 100
Activity: 50%
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Groans: 18
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
knightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I do not think the management indiscretion towards shareholders in Oando is a sentimental issue. It is so big an issue that fundamental analysis dedicates almost a third of its teachings on Qualitative analysis to 'management'.

I think Proshare is doing a good job; albeit looking in only one place - figures, figures, figures. If the rear-view mirror is indeed clearer than the windshield, then that rear-view mirror will not only mirror past results; it will also mirror past conflicts of interest.
Based on figures alone, Oando is one of the best stocks to hold on the exchange. Based on figures alone, the only stock I will hold is Oando. The analysis done by Proshare is okay, based on figures alone. I went through the Proshare analysis and there was nowhere it was stated that Oando has ever advtertized on Proshare website before. If they have, according to someone on SMN, Oando should have at least stated that somewhere in the analysis. They did not. And if Oando has indeed advertized on Proshare website before, then I will take the analysis with a pinch of salt.

Anyway, I have nothing to contribute to Oando again, for now.

"Pursue excellence and success will follow, pants down" - Ranchoddas Shamaldas Chanchad

"People do not have to believe in you for you to succeed. Work hard. When you succeed, they will believe." - Stephen Keshi
The Following User Says Thank You to knightofdelta For This Useful Post:
Old 22nd January 2013, 06:57 PM
Points: 4,433, Level: 42 Points: 4,433, Level: 42 Points: 4,433, Level: 42

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
lolobo is on a distinguished road

Quote:

My brother, I mentioned Facts and Figures which include both the fundamental and technical analysis.
The Following User Says Thank You to lolobo For This Useful Post:
Old 23rd January 2013, 10:15 AM
Points: 16,547, Level: 82 Points: 16,547, Level: 82 Points: 16,547, Level: 82

Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
emmanuel ewumi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofdelta View Post
Based on figures alone, Oando is one of the best stocks to hold on the exchange. Based on figures alone, the only stock I will hold is Oando. The analysis done by Proshare is okay, based on figures alone. I went through the Proshare analysis and there was nowhere it was stated that Oando has ever advtertized on Proshare website before. If they have, according to someone on SMN, Oando should have at least stated that somewhere in the analysis. They did not. And if Oando has indeed advertized on Proshare website before, then I will take the analysis with a pinch of salt.

OANDO like any other company have advertised on Proshare website on several occasions.
Old 23rd January 2013, 10:57 AM
Points: 16,660, Level: 82 Points: 16,660, Level: 82 Points: 16,660, Level: 82
Activity: 21%
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%

wanaj0 has a spectacular aura aboutwanaj0 has a spectacular aura aboutwanaj0 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

Depending on how much faith you have in the figures. Start by checking all the promises made in the rights document! The reality is different from the figures they are peddling around.
The Following User Says Thank You to wanaj0 For This Useful Post:
Old 23rd January 2013, 11:04 AM
Points: 7,061, Level: 55 Points: 7,061, Level: 55 Points: 7,061, Level: 55
Activity: 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

overload is on a distinguished road

Quote:

This is why I have always insisted that figures alone cannot give you all the answers...not all that count can be counted and at times all that can be counted actually counts finally..

OANDO is for the brave at heart and if anyone is 'lilly livered' let them just go and buy the other stocks that is out there on NSE or evn go and invest in Tbills!
Old 23rd January 2013, 03:56 PM
Points: 3,757, Level: 38 Points: 3,757, Level: 38 Points: 3,757, Level: 38

ambitiousr is on a distinguished road

Oando is hit big today and i know the members in the room will surely hit back. I wish everyone can stop discussing this cramping stocks in terms of their present status. I know deceits doesn't last long no matter the strategies adopted. Well let's move on from this company.
The Following User Says Thank You to ambitiousr For This Useful Post:
Old 23rd January 2013, 04:40 PM
Points: 3,761, Level: 38 Points: 3,761, Level: 38 Points: 3,761, Level: 38

paddylo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmanuel ewumi View Post
Good luck to you, instead of buying Dangote cement at N130 there are better stocks to invest in on Nigerian stock exchange.
Quote:
After how many years brother Paddylo? Remember when you said that it will skyrocket after the BCC merger. Did it? Instead it feel to N100.

When I saw DangCem at N130, I was happy because I know you will be posting afterwards.

Bros, nothing do you! Just enjoy. But you should understand one thing, people here are eyeing every stock that has good fundamentals at low prices. If Dangcem fall enter people entry prices, you go know say no be only you sabi do research on cement. So relax!
Quote:
Bra Paddylo I follow Oga Emma wish you best of luck on this Dangote Cement.
Dangote Cement now trading at N150/ share, my target is met i believe this is fair value, until the third quarter of 2013, by which time the Senegal plant would have commenced operations and the South African plant would be three quarters away (due mid 2014) from production.

I re-iterate a long term belief in the fundamentals of this company as a cash cow, and quite easily see it doubling in market capitalisation to $30 billion dolars or N300/share without the dilution of bonus shares.

cheers

PS. .I wouldnt touch Oando, with a 20ft pole, there are easier ways to make money in this market.
Old 23rd January 2013, 05:00 PM
Points: 7,061, Level: 55 Points: 7,061, Level: 55 Points: 7,061, Level: 55
Activity: 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

overload is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddylo View Post
Dangote Cement now trading at N150/ share, my target is met i believe this is fair value, until the third quarter of 2013, by which time the Senegal plant would have commenced operations and the South African plant would be three quarters away (due mid 2014) from production.

I re-iterate a long term belief in the fundamentals of this company as a cash cow, and quite easily see it doubling in market capitalisation to $30 billion dolars or N300/share without the dilution of bonus shares.

cheers

PS. .I wouldnt touch Oando, with a 20ft pole, there are easier ways to make money in this market.
bros person wey buy Nestle that time wey you been buy Dang cem go don almost double him money now!

anyway thats why we all are not d same!
Old 23rd January 2013, 05:11 PM
Points: 8,830, Level: 63 Points: 8,830, Level: 63 Points: 8,830, Level: 63
Activity: 18%
Activity: 18% Activity: 18% Activity: 18%

manemi is on a distinguished road

Quote:

cheers

This market confuse me no bi small. When there was talk of cement glut I was expecting price of cement stock to come down a little bit. Instead they all went up! One never cease to learn.
Old 23rd January 2013, 05:19 PM
Forum Moderator
Points: 41,889, Level: 100 Points: 41,889, Level: 100 Points: 41,889, Level: 100
Activity: 50%
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Groans: 18
knightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

cheers

See my response in Dangote cement thread...

"Pursue excellence and success will follow, pants down" - Ranchoddas Shamaldas Chanchad

"People do not have to believe in you for you to succeed. Work hard. When you succeed, they will believe." - Stephen Keshi
Old 23rd January 2013, 05:51 PM
Points: 10,596, Level: 68 Points: 10,596, Level: 68 Points: 10,596, Level: 68
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Groans: 3
pegheneji is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolobo View Post

I think we should cut out these sentimental issues centred around Oando
and focus on the facts and figures open to us all to make the right decisions.
I hope your extreme defense for oando is ordinary and not that you re-started started posting on the forum just to market the right issue of oando. the negetive sentiment against oando did not start overnight and every genuine investor should applaud those who contribution to such sentiment because oando management approach such as the the conversion is not only criminal but a calculated attempt to bleed shareholders and it is suprising you are calling for support for such mgt to raise money when they have constantly diverted the earlier once raised to the pocket of ocean and oil. if you are a real investor i dont know how you want to encourage us to keep giving our money to group of people who has not behave better that criminals. i also dont know how you expect such group of people when we have 'clapasons' that give them the "go-oh-soh' sign? it is very on fair for you to harrass people from talking down on oando when you cannot encourage the the management to be near-honest. Nestle that is selling for about N800 did not need any marketer.

if had had been a genuine follower of this site you would have known the action we wanted to take against sterling bank when they carried out a funny share reconstruction. you should see this forum as a pressure group whose only interest is to see that management is not duping them

why did your oando called off the last EGM? tell the management to change their kleptomanic ways and you will not need to start harrassing people to stop talking about oando. i have also observed that you joined this forum in 2008 but seem only to be posting when oando want to raise money
The Following User Says Thank You to pegheneji For This Useful Post:
Old 23rd January 2013, 06:41 PM
Points: 16,660, Level: 82 Points: 16,660, Level: 82 Points: 16,660, Level: 82

wanaj0 has a spectacular aura aboutwanaj0 has a spectacular aura aboutwanaj0 has a spectacular aura about

Very funny report. The SWOT analysis said nothing about the poor corporate governance, high debt, involvement in NEW AREAS (upstream). Stopped reading when I saw competent professionals as part of their strength. Nothing but a sales man pitch. No way you do a SWOT for OandO without talking about the upstream risks, without talking about the subsidy issue! Nothing about failure to deliver on past promises!

Which blue chip company is Tinubu a director or chairman? Many fabus for that report.

Last edited by wanaj0; 23rd January 2013 at 06:44 PM.
Old 23rd January 2013, 07:03 PM
Points: 13,361, Level: 75 Points: 13,361, Level: 75 Points: 13,361, Level: 75

Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
eniyanman will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanaj0 View Post
Very funny report. The SWOT analysis said nothing about the poor corporate governance, high debt, involvement in NEW AREAS (upstream). Stopped reading when I saw competent professionals as part of their strength. Nothing but a sales man pitch. No way you do a SWOT for OandO without talking about the upstream risks, without talking about the subsidy issue! Nothing about failure to deliver on past promises!

Which blue chip company is Tinubu a director or chairman? Many fabus for that report.
Thought you were a man of faith. It called calling the things that are not as those they are.
.. you can't suspend the truth - Gov SLS (missing $20billion whistle blower)

twitter: @eniyanman
Old 23rd January 2013, 09:00 PM
Points: 3,761, Level: 38 Points: 3,761, Level: 38 Points: 3,761, Level: 38

paddylo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
See my response in Dangote cement thread...
See my response toyour response on DangCEM thread.

« - | - »