Go Back   StockMarketNigeria.com Forums > User Feeback, Suggestions, Comments > Off Topic

Off Topic Other topics not relevant to this website

Welcome to the StockMarketNigeria.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

View Poll Results: Should political posts be suspended temporarily?
Yes 5 26.32%
No 12 63.16%
Indifferent 2 10.53%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 24th February 2013, 01:44 AM
Points: 41,199, Level: 100 Points: 41,199, Level: 100 Points: 41,199, Level: 100
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Groans: 0
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Salida is on a distinguished road
Default Re: State of the Nation

Most Nigerian billionaires are corrupt – Akinyemi — The Punch - Nigeria's Most Widely Read Newspaper
Old 24th February 2013, 02:31 AM
Points: 41,199, Level: 100 Points: 41,199, Level: 100 Points: 41,199, Level: 100

Salida is on a distinguished road

FG Moves to Enact Bill to Safeguard Personal Information, Articles | THISDAY LIVE
Old 24th February 2013, 05:36 PM
Points: 4,434, Level: 42 Points: 4,434, Level: 42 Points: 4,434, Level: 42
Activity: 23%
Activity: 23% Activity: 23% Activity: 23%

Born 2be rich is on a distinguished road

Who no go disown the guy before? The guy is now fully on his own....or should i say OYO for am...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 24th February 2013, 05:38 PM

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/...within-7-days-

Old news....We all knw say corruption and bribe na normal thing to our leaders...God help us
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 24th February 2013, 05:44 PM

UNILAG name change: Jonathan makes u-turn

Good news for Maulag students...
Old 24th February 2013, 08:27 PM
Points: 3,037, Level: 33 Points: 3,037, Level: 33 Points: 3,037, Level: 33

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
dr dowell is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2be rich View Post
http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/...within-7-days-

Old news....We all knw say corruption and bribe na normal thing to our leaders...God help us
I know corruption and bribing are in the land but I never knew the magnitude of this until I got involve with one policeman recently. Having just bought fuel from a filling station and was just driving down the road with pot holes I forget to put my seat belt. I was stopped by a traffic policeman. Who asked why I was not on seat belt. I told him I just bought fuel and forgot. He entered the car and asked that I should drive back along the road. We got to a point and he demand for N5,000.00 bribe. I told him my faith does not permit me to give bribe. The man was very angry and toke my key and particular away. I had to involve one person who ordered him to give me back my key and particular. Anyhow what surprised me was he said I told him I don't give bribe. It means bribe has been legalized and everybody does that why not U. It occured to me that a lot of problem to beset the country including blood shed, untimely death, undiagonised and diagonised diseases that has been ravaging the country is as a result of this evil way we have chosen. Iniquity is a shame to any nation.
Old 24th February 2013, 08:29 PM

Quote:
N55m budget bribe: Supreme Court orders Wabara, Osuji, others’ re-trial within 7 days

I know corruption and bribing are in the land but I never knew the magnitude of this until I got involve with one policeman recently. Having just bought fuel from a filling station and was just driving down the road with pot holes I forget to put my seat belt. I was stopped by a traffic policeman. Who asked why I was not on seat belt. I told him I just bought fuel and forgot. He entered the car and asked that I should drive back along the road. We got to a point and he demand for N5,000.00 bribe. I told him my faith does not permit me to give bribe. The man was very angry and toke my key and particular away. I had to involve one person who ordered him to give me back my key and particular. Anyhow what surprised me was he said I told him I don't give bribe. It means bribe has been legalized and everybody does that why not U. It occured to me that a lot of problem to beset the country including blood shed, untimely death, undiagonised and diagonised diseases that has been ravaging the country is as a result of this evil way we have chosen. Iniquity is a shame to any nation.
Old 24th February 2013, 08:35 PM

Quote:
N55m budget bribe: Supreme Court orders Wabara, Osuji, others’ re-trial within 7 days

Old 24th February 2013, 08:57 PM

Quote:

Old 24th February 2013, 09:32 PM
Points: 5,983, Level: 50 Points: 5,983, Level: 50 Points: 5,983, Level: 50
Activity: 34%
Activity: 34% Activity: 34% Activity: 34%

Groans: 1
bamidele97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr dowell View Post
From your statement;
-Your flouted the traffic law by not strapping your seat belt.
-You pleaded with the traffic police to pardon you for an offense that ordinarily should attract a fine. The presence of pot holes on that road is immaterial.
-The person you involved that ordered the traffic police to release you without you paying for your offense acted wrongly.
-Your faith that frowned at giving bribe should have, first of all, prompted you to do the right thing (strap your belt).
You're being unfair to the traffic officer.
The Following User Says Thank You to bamidele97 For This Useful Post:
knightofdelta (25th February 2013)
Old 24th February 2013, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamidele97 View Post
From your statement;
-Your flouted the traffic law by not strapping your seat belt.
-You pleaded with the traffic police to pardon you for an offense that ordinarily should attract a fine. The presence of pot holes on that road is immaterial.
-The person you involved that ordered the traffic police to release you without you paying for your offense acted wrongly.
-Your faith that frowned at giving bribe should have, first of all, prompted you to do the right thing (strap your belt).
You're being unfair to the traffic officer.
I only gave a summary of what happened within 1 hour. We were driving down to the station where he said he will charge me to court which I never objected and was willing to pay the fine rather than give him any bribe. He had to stop me several time alone the road to see if I can change my mind. When he discover that I was adherent to my faith he toke my particulars and car key and walk away asking me to look for him. My question is was he suppose to go away with my key and particular? If he wanted which I gave him the option, he could charge me to court. I believe he was more interested in his pocket than going through the time consuming process of charge one to court. The man wanted to use all that he could to get out the money from me which I was not willing to give, I had to involve a 3rd party that had to give the order. Pls remember I was never afraid to pay the fine for my offense. But rather I was not willing to pay bribe. My faith not with standing I believe there are a lot of things we can fight collectively to put the country on the right path.
The Following User Says Thank You to dr dowell For This Useful Post:
eniyanman (25th February 2013)
Old 25th February 2013, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Who no go disown the guy before? The guy is now fully on his own....or should i say OYO for am...
That is one of the things we are saying. There are price to pay for evil. I thing if people are aware of it people will think twice before getting involve in evil.
Old 25th February 2013, 06:07 AM
Forum Moderator
Points: 83,037, Level: 100 Points: 83,037, Level: 100 Points: 83,037, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Groans: 2
hispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nice

Nasir el-Rufai and the Pursuit of Sunday
Old 25th February 2013, 06:09 AM
Forum Moderator
Points: 83,037, Level: 100 Points: 83,037, Level: 100 Points: 83,037, Level: 100

hispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nice

Is Nigeria's Debt Pile Up A Risk to Future Generations?
Old 25th February 2013, 06:12 AM
Forum Moderator

PDP BoT: Anti-Obasanjo Elements Set to be Removed, Articles | THISDAY LIVE
Old 25th February 2013, 06:12 AM
Forum Moderator

Splinter Group Emerges in Nigerian Governors’ Forum, Articles | THISDAY LIVE
Old 25th February 2013, 06:13 AM
Forum Moderator

Boko Haram Vows to Hunt Renegade Members, Articles | THISDAY LIVE
Old 25th February 2013, 06:39 AM
Forum Moderator

Power surge caused defence ministry fire - The Punch - Nigeria's Most Widely Read Newspaper
Old 25th February 2013, 06:42 AM
Forum Moderator

Country 20 years behind in road development - Minister - The Punch - Nigeria's Most Widely Read Newspaper
Old 25th February 2013, 07:16 AM
Points: 16,283, Level: 81 Points: 16,283, Level: 81 Points: 16,283, Level: 81
Activity: 50%
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
emmanuel ewumi is on a distinguished road

Revealed: How Then Governor Goodluck Jonathan Gave Obaigbena $1 Million From Bayelsa’s Poverty Alleviation Funds For Beyonce And Jay Z's Visit To Nigeria | Sahara Reporters