Go Back   StockMarketNigeria.com Forums > User Feeback, Suggestions, Comments > Off Topic

Off Topic Other topics not relevant to this website

Welcome to the StockMarketNigeria.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

View Poll Results: Should political posts be suspended temporarily?
Yes 5 26.32%
No 12 63.16%
Indifferent 2 10.53%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 5th March 2013, 10:22 AM
Points: 27,487, Level: 98 Points: 27,487, Level: 98 Points: 27,487, Level: 98
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Groans: 0
Groaned at 11 Times in 11 Posts
migiets is on a distinguished road
Default Re: State of the Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by waaan5 View Post
Okay I get you. But when you critically look at it, is the West better off where they have moved to after handing the christian religion to us? And must we be doing follow, follow to abandon the religion for westernization? An who is the greater stakeholder self in christianity? Europe or Africa?

I can tell you that african is the mother continent. if you check the geographical and climatic description of the garden of eden, it locates in africa. Modern science also coroborates that human life began in africa. It is on record that missionaries from Africa envangelised the West. A little tip is what God says in mat 3;15 "“Out of Egypt I called My Son.”
Good. Some people have been making us to believe that there was never a religion in Africa prior to the coming of the Christian missionaries. Africa had its own religion and beliefs and part of these beliefs is that there was a Supreme being and they said that you have to get to these Supreme being through the lesser beings (gods). Every tribe in Africa had a name for this Supreme being. The missionaries came and first condemn our religion as being barbaric and we swallow hook line and sinker what they said. The sad thing is that Africans have continued to believe that we are inferior and to an extent our way of life and beliefs. There is no religion without an aspect of the culture of the people.

Iam sure if the Indians were the first to mingle with Africans, by now we would have been talking of Hinduism while if it was the Far East, we would have been talking of Buddhism.

If people take the time to analyse the religion spread especially in Africa and in the world, people will see that most countries along the coast are Christians while most countries in the hinterland are Muslims. The missionaries or Christians were always sailing along the coast for trade while the Sahara desert traders were trading with those on their routes using their means of transport at that time which was the donkey or camel.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 5th March 2013, 11:45 AM
Points: 21,231, Level: 91 Points: 21,231, Level: 91 Points: 21,231, Level: 91
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Groaned at 11 Times in 10 Posts
Picolena66 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by migiets View Post
Good. Some people have been making us to believe that there was never a religion in Africa prior to the coming of the Christian missionaries. Africa had its own religion and beliefs and part of these beliefs is that there was a Supreme being and they said that you have to get to these Supreme being through the lesser beings (gods). Every tribe in Africa had a name for this Supreme being. The missionaries came and first condemn our religion as being barbaric and we swallow hook line and sinker what they said. The sad thing is that Africans have continued to believe that we are inferior and to an extent our way of life and beliefs. There is no religion without an aspect of the culture of the people.

Iam sure if the Indians were the first to mingle with Africans, by now we would have been talking of Hinduism while if it was the Far East, we would have been talking of Buddhism.

If people take the time to analyse the religion spread especially in Africa and in the world, people will see that most countries along the coast are Christians while most countries in the hinterland are Muslims. The missionaries or Christians were always sailing along the coast for trade while the Sahara desert traders were trading with those on their routes using their means of transport at that time which was the donkey or camel.
Hmmm..................I have a few words to All of the above.................PERFECT
Old 5th March 2013, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Okay sir, I get you. But when you critically look at it, is the West better off where they have moved to after handing the christian religion to us? And must we be doing follow, follow to abandon the religion for westernization? And who is the greater stakeholder self in christianity? Europe or Africa?

I can tell you that africa is the mother continent. if you check the geographical and climatic description of the garden of eden, it locates in africa. Modern science also coroborates that human life began in africa. It is on record that christian missionaries from Africa envangelised the West. A little tip is what God says in mat 3;15 "“Out of Egypt I called My Son.”
Hmmm...............Interesting

I do not doubt that for a second...............I do remember the oldest bones when found in Africa was called EVE!!!
Old 5th March 2013, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salida View Post
Hmmm................well done Dangote jare

and do not mind the haters..................Nigerians just love to hate our own, we have become very good at it these days
Old 5th March 2013, 04:32 PM
Points: 12,815, Level: 73 Points: 12,815, Level: 73 Points: 12,815, Level: 73
Activity: 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Groans: 3
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
pegheneji is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by migiets View Post

Even Isreal has its own native religion which is not too different from from what we have in many African tribe. the Isrealis still celebrate passover just like communities such as Abraka in Delta State celebrate Ovwuwe; is like crossing the redsea and like they passed through the red sea, the Abraski also passed throgh a devided sea when the Binis where chasing them.

The reason of this point is to tell you that Christainity is not the traditional white man mode of worship (not even Isreal), but they were equally converted like the Africans. They had their missioneries and when they recieved the word they decieded to spread it to areas that have not heard the word such as Africa. Civilisation and movement of people makes native ingredient like traditional religion, language and dressing diminish.

Last edited by pegheneji; 5th March 2013 at 04:34 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 5th March 2013, 04:48 PM
Points: 19,382, Level: 88 Points: 19,382, Level: 88 Points: 19,382, Level: 88

emmanuel ewumi is on a distinguished road

42 private jets land at Lagos airport daily — The Punch - Nigeria's Most Widely Read Newspaper
Old 5th March 2013, 04:50 PM
Forum Moderator
Points: 32,484, Level: 100 Points: 32,484, Level: 100 Points: 32,484, Level: 100
Activity: 12%
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Groaned at 19 Times in 19 Posts
Oracle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Okay sir, I get you. But when you critically look at it, is the West better off where they have moved to after handing the christian religion to us? And must we be doing follow, follow to abandon the religion for westernization? And who is the greater stakeholder self in christianity? Europe or Africa?

I can tell you that africa is the mother continent. if you check the geographical and climatic description of the garden of eden, it locates in africa. Modern science also coroborates that human life began in africa. It is on record that christian missionaries from Africa envangelised the West. A little tip is what God says in mat 3;15 "“Out of Egypt I called My Son.”
My Oga, that is why I want to do a research on the bible to know why were most biblical events done in a place that is now filled with muslims. Also one needs to know what colour Adam was in garden of eden! I read that garden of Eden was in Ethiopia and these guys have the colour of earth!

Most people will think that I'm a cultist or an unbeliever but they are wrong. I was born into a catholic home and I follow the doctrines but the problem I have is that I question everything! I want to really understand what I'm doing. I want to know what puzzle the bible is. I want to know try and piece them together. I want to know the present-day nationalities of all(or most of) the characters(Adam,Abraham,Moses,Josua,David,Mary,Jos eph etc) in the bible so that we will understand what the black race is and how it originated;also to know how the white skin(presuming that Adam is an Ethopian) came about.

If Adam and Eve were in Garden of Eden(a place in present-day Ethiopia) and then gave birth to Cain and Abel, then automatically, Cain and Abel are africans and Ethiopians. And this is how I will plot the whole tree and see how they spread across the middle east.
Old 5th March 2013, 04:51 PM
Points: 19,382, Level: 88 Points: 19,382, Level: 88 Points: 19,382, Level: 88

emmanuel ewumi is on a distinguished road

Billionaire couple dies in mystery fire | The Nation
Old 5th March 2013, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegheneji View Post
Even Isreal has its own native religion which is not too different from from what we have in many African tribe. the Isrealis still celebrate passover just like communities such as Abraka in Delta State celebrate Ovwuwe; is like crossing the redsea and like they passed through the red sea, the Abraski also passed throgh a devided sea when the Binis where chasing them.

The reason of this point is to tell you that Christainity is not the traditional white man mode of worship (not even Isreal), but they were equally converted like the Africans. They had their missioneries and when they recieved the word they decieded to spread it to areas that have not heard the word such as Africa. Civilisation and movement of people makes native ingredient like traditional religion, language and dressing diminish.
So who converted them?. If they had their missionaries and those missionaries received the word, where did they received it from?. While you are at that, also tell us where the Muslim missionaries received their own word from and where the Hindu and Budhi missionaries also received theirs from.

While you are also at it, what was the religion of the likes of Adam, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David, Samuel etc prior to the birth of Christ?. Iam sure you will say that they have also have their religion which i believe is not Christianity. If that is the case, why is the initial African religion which also has a Supreme being as the focal point being termed paganism?.
Old 5th March 2013, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegheneji View Post

Good point. This means that Christianity is not the originator of civilisation and i hope you are not claiming that it is the originator. Prior to the birth of Christ, places like Ethopia, Syria, Assyria (present day Iran and Iraq), Egypt etc were already flourishing and were centres of learning. When the explorers came to the Benin, they were surprised at the level of governance and well planned administration. The famous and popular Benin bronze carvers were already in existence before the Christianity missionaries came.

Btw, what do you mean by traditional religion?. Is Hindu being practiced in India or Buddhism being practice in the Far East traditional religions?.

Last edited by migiets; 5th March 2013 at 06:47 PM.
Old 6th March 2013, 01:45 AM
Forum Moderator
Points: 100,651, Level: 100 Points: 100,651, Level: 100 Points: 100,651, Level: 100

Groans: 2
hispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nice

Sultan Calls for Amnesty for Boko Haram Members, Articles | THISDAY LIVE
Old 6th March 2013, 01:45 AM
Forum Moderator
Points: 100,651, Level: 100 Points: 100,651, Level: 100 Points: 100,651, Level: 100

hispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nice

PDP Repackages Publicity Team for 2015, Articles | THISDAY LIVE
Old 6th March 2013, 01:46 AM
Forum Moderator

Presidency May Probe NDDC Indicates Jonathan, Articles | THISDAY LIVE
Old 6th March 2013, 03:00 AM
Forum Moderator

Reps move to criminalise late, non-payment of salaries - The Punch - Nigeria's Most Widely Read Newspaper
Old 6th March 2013, 06:27 AM
Points: 51,569, Level: 100 Points: 51,569, Level: 100 Points: 51,569, Level: 100
Activity: 8%
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Salida is on a distinguished road

Why we lost Bakassi to Cameroun, by Duke
Old 6th March 2013, 10:55 AM
Points: 4,826, Level: 44 Points: 4,826, Level: 44 Points: 4,826, Level: 44

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Ozone is on a distinguished road

www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/pib-splits-senators/
Old 6th March 2013, 11:08 AM
Points: 11,614, Level: 70 Points: 11,614, Level: 70 Points: 11,614, Level: 70
Activity: 16%
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Groans: 1
Groaned at 8 Times in 7 Posts
oyo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozone View Post
It is a case of sectional interests rather than NATIONAL interest. This is what is working against and will continue to work against Nigeria"s progress, UNLESS we find a way of ending it. May be we need to return to where we started at independence so that we can begin to use our diversity to compete for growth again.
Old 6th March 2013, 11:40 AM
Points: 4,826, Level: 44 Points: 4,826, Level: 44 Points: 4,826, Level: 44

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Ozone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by oyo View Post
It is a case of sectional interests rather than NATIONAL interest. This is what is working against and will continue to work against Nigeria"s progress, UNLESS we find a way of ending it. May be we need to return to where we started at independence so that we can begin to use our diversity to compete for growth again.
Confederation or true federalism would have solved this problem, what the current system being operated by the country is doing is only enriching the political office holders at the detriment of the progress of the country.
Old 6th March 2013, 02:04 PM
Points: 16,932, Level: 83 Points: 16,932, Level: 83 Points: 16,932, Level: 83
Activity: 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
eniyanman will become famous soon enough

SMN Trivia

What is the full meaning of C-in-C?
a) Comic-in-Chief
b) Copycat-in-Chief
c) Commander-in-Chief
d) All of the above

#LeadingFromTheRear
.. you can't suspend the truth - Gov SLS (missing $20billion whistle blower)

twitter: @eniyanman
Old 6th March 2013, 02:05 PM
Points: 16,932, Level: 83 Points: 16,932, Level: 83 Points: 16,932, Level: 83
Activity: 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
eniyanman will become famous soon enough

Where is the #RibaduReport whitepaper?

#TransformationAsunder
.. you can't suspend the truth - Gov SLS (missing $20billion whistle blower)

twitter: @eniyanman