Go Back   StockMarketNigeria.com Forums > User Feeback, Suggestions, Comments > Off Topic

Off Topic Other topics not relevant to this website

Welcome to the StockMarketNigeria.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

View Poll Results: Should political posts be suspended temporarily?
Yes 5 26.32%
No 12 63.16%
Indifferent 2 10.53%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 17th April 2013, 06:29 PM
Points: 3,761, Level: 38 Points: 3,761, Level: 38 Points: 3,761, Level: 38
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Groans: 1
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
paddylo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: State of the Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by eniyanman View Post
Was GEJ a front runner early in the process? Bros, let's be patient and work for a candidate who embodies our hopes and aspirations.
There is something arrogant about the way you go about with your campaign against GEJ and for a Northern President come 2015.

Every region in Nigeria has issues of poverty.

You have to convince the rest of the country that it is good for them to have a marshall plan for the North.

In essence taking money at teh expense of the rest(NC,SW,SE,SS) and investing in the North(NW and NE).

So sorry to burst your bubble but your aspiration in Kano, is not the same aspiration as the people in UYO, ONITSHA, IBADAN or ONDO.

If you cannot come off your high horses, nominate a candidate who is trusted by the rest of the country which is 52% christian and 75 percent non hausa - Fulani, then the core North will continue to loose free and fair elections in Nigeria.

If you think nominating a Shekarau, Buhari, Erufai, Ribadu or other clueless people from the same NW region in 2015 will move the needle in a Lagos,PH, Aba or Calabar polling booth, think again.

My honest advise to you, get a Sanusi to be VP to Jonathan and then let him contest in 2019.

I dont care much for him, but i would vote for him (in 2019), at least he has a brain, believes in privatisation and deregulation and seems to be a Northern outsider with regards politics and not part of the elite that have ruined the North .
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to paddylo For This Useful Post:
knightofdelta (17th April 2013)
Old 17th April 2013, 06:31 PM
Points: 14,886, Level: 79 Points: 14,886, Level: 79 Points: 14,886, Level: 79
Activity: 83%
Activity: 83% Activity: 83% Activity: 83%

Groans: 0
Groaned at 10 Times in 10 Posts
migiets is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddylo View Post
My bigotry?, u got to be effing kidding me pal.

The problem with Nigeria is that everyone and their mama keeps looking at the oil wealth, forgetting that the true wealth belongs to people that develop their brains.

The Sergie brins (Google), Zuckerberg (Facebook) and Gates of this world.

Oil is a curse dude, me saying let the SE and SS get a majority (70%) of the oil revenues, is a way of getting other regions o think beyond oil and develop their brains.

I dont have to decimate any population. The template for a PDP win remains the same.

Huge wins in SS and SE and NC. Split votes in SW minus Lagos, which GEJ will win handily, and get at least 30% in NE and NW.

You forget igbos in Nigeria are at least 30 percent of the population of the country and are solidly behind GEJ, and are spread out all over the country.

Let the North heal itself at the state level. They do not need to hijack resources at the centre to do so.

What would they have done without the Souths oil?

Boko haram is a Northern (Hausa-Fulani) self inflicted wound and can never be compared to June 12 or Niger Delta
struggle.

The problem is that you refuse to read the tea leaves with regards the Nigerian electorate.

If it must be a Northerner then get someone like David Mark.

No one in the South will vote a Northern muslim as President.The NC/Middle Belt will also not vote a Northerner.

Right now killings continue in the Plateau, Southern Kaduna,Tafawa Balewa, Adamawa, Souther Borno etc with majority Christian populations.

Let the North get their region in order before seeking the presidency as politics is a community affair, that starts from the bottoms up.
He does. He thinks those that follow him on twitter and join in lambasting GEJ are the voters. He has never gone to the grassroots to gauge their mood. The grassroots are the real voters and they are one directional. Just tell them who to vote for and they vote enmass for such a person. I recently gave an example of my encounter with my community folks on why i got to the village early during Easter. To them, anybody that has been able to fix the notorious Benin-Sagamu road that made their son to get to the village early is performing.

GEJ's joker for the SE will be the Second Niger bridge and the East-West road for the SS. People need to go to Iddo on a Friday to see the crowd of people that are looking for a space on the Lagos-Kano train.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 17th April 2013, 07:06 PM
Points: 13,361, Level: 75 Points: 13,361, Level: 75 Points: 13,361, Level: 75
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
eniyanman will become famous soon enough

Abeg, when was the last time Ranchers Bees played?
.. you can't suspend the truth - Gov SLS (missing $20billion whistle blower)

twitter: @eniyanman
Old 17th April 2013, 08:13 PM
Points: 39,636, Level: 100 Points: 39,636, Level: 100 Points: 39,636, Level: 100
Activity: 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Groans: 53
nosa2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to nosa2 Send a message via Skype™ to nosa2

Quote:
Originally Posted by migiets View Post
He does. He thinks those that follow him on twitter and join in lambasting GEJ are the voters. He has never gone to the grassroots to gauge their mood. The grassroots are the real voters and they are one directional. Just tell them who to vote for and they vote enmass for such a person. I recently gave an example of my encounter with my community folks on why i got to the village early during Easter. To them, anybody that has been able to fix the notorious Benin-Sagamu road that made their son to get to the village early is performing.

GEJ's joker for the SE will be the Second Niger bridge and the East-West road for the SS. People need to go to Iddo on a Friday to see the crowd of people that are looking for a space on the Lagos-Kano train.
Oga eni just doesn't get it, GEJ is extremely popular. Personally I like asking people questions when ever possible and from my little experience GEJ is winning the hearts and minds of the poor and come to think of it those are the people this government is targeting. My advise to CAN is that they should conserve resources and adopt GEJ as their candidate cause opposing him is a waste of time because even if they choose to bring a northern candidate GEJ would most likely defeat the person in the north.
Old 17th April 2013, 08:29 PM
Forum Moderator
Points: 41,820, Level: 100 Points: 41,820, Level: 100 Points: 41,820, Level: 100
Activity: 47%
Activity: 47% Activity: 47% Activity: 47%

Groans: 18
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
knightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by eniyanman View Post
Was GEJ a front runner early in the process? Bros, let's be patient and work for a candidate who embodies our hopes and aspirations.
And who might this candidate be?

Buhari?

"Pursue excellence and success will follow, pants down" - Ranchoddas Shamaldas Chanchad

"People do not have to believe in you for you to succeed. Work hard. When you succeed, they will believe." - Stephen Keshi
Old 17th April 2013, 09:35 PM
Points: 5,594, Level: 48 Points: 5,594, Level: 48 Points: 5,594, Level: 48
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
SirVee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofdelta View Post
And who might this candidate be?

Buhari?

Okay, why do we think Buhari is the only alternative?
We all have the power of the social media and I believe we should make the most of this to help our situation with regards to electing the 'best' candidate for any elective post in Nigeria

Are we proud of the way things are going on in this country? MEND, BH, power and security in general. Did you watch the recent Amanpour interview with Okonjo? Did you feel proud being a Nigerian?

Buhari will not be the only alternative come 2015 by the Grace of the God of Nigeria

God has blessed this country more than to believe that Buhari is the only alternative.

I pray daily for a better Nigeria.
Old 17th April 2013, 09:46 PM
Forum Moderator
Points: 41,820, Level: 100 Points: 41,820, Level: 100 Points: 41,820, Level: 100
Activity: 47%
Activity: 47% Activity: 47% Activity: 47%

Groans: 18
knightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirVee View Post
We all have the power of the social media and I believe we should make the most of this to help our situation with regards to electing the 'best' candidate for any elective post in Nigeria

Are we proud of the way things are going on in this country? MEND, BH, power and security in general. Did you watch the recent Amanpour interview with Okonjo? Did you feel proud being a Nigerian?

Buhari will not be the only alternative come 2015 by the Grace of the God of Nigeria

God has blessed this country more than to believe that Buhari is the only alternative.

I sincerely hope (and pray) that the opposition will be able to identify a good alternative to the current "front runners". Otherwise...

"Pursue excellence and success will follow, pants down" - Ranchoddas Shamaldas Chanchad

"People do not have to believe in you for you to succeed. Work hard. When you succeed, they will believe." - Stephen Keshi
Old 18th April 2013, 01:34 AM
Points: 2,431, Level: 29 Points: 2,431, Level: 29 Points: 2,431, Level: 29

Groans: 2
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Ozone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddylo View Post
My bigotry?, u got to be effing kidding me pal.

The problem with Nigeria is that everyone and their mama keeps looking at the oil wealth, forgetting that the true wealth belongs to people that develop their brains.

The Sergie brins (Google), Zuckerberg (Facebook) and Gates of this world.

Oil is a curse dude, me saying let the SE and SS get a majority (70%) of the oil revenues, is a way of getting other regions o think beyond oil and develop their brains.

I dont have to decimate any population. The template for a PDP win remains the same.

Huge wins in SS and SE and NC. Split votes in SW minus Lagos, which GEJ will win handily, and get at least 30% in NE and NW.

You forget igbos in Nigeria are at least 30 percent of the population of the country and are solidly behind GEJ, and are spread out all over the country.

Let the North heal itself at the state level. They do not need to hijack resources at the centre to do so.

What would they have done without the Souths oil?

Boko haram is a Northern (Hausa-Fulani) self inflicted wound and can never be compared to June 12 or Niger Delta
struggle.

The problem is that you refuse to read the tea leaves with regards the Nigerian electorate.

If it must be a Northerner then get someone like David Mark.

No one in the South will vote a Northern muslim as President.The NC/Middle Belt will also not vote a Northerner.

Right now killings continue in the Plateau, Southern Kaduna,Tafawa Balewa, Adamawa, Souther Borno etc with majority Christian populations.

Let the North get their region in order before seeking the presidency as politics is a community affair, that starts from the bottoms up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by migiets View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosa2 View Post
Oga eni just doesn't get it, GEJ is extremely popular. Personally I like asking people questions when ever possible and from my little experience GEJ is winning the hearts and minds of the poor and come to think of it those are the people this government is targeting. My advise to CAN is that they should conserve resources and adopt GEJ as their candidate cause opposing him is a waste of time because even if they choose to bring a northern candidate GEJ would most likely defeat the person in the north.
This is the irony of democracy, while the minority will have their say the majority will have their way. According to Joseph-Marie, comte de Maistre "Every nation gets the government it deserves"
Old 18th April 2013, 04:32 AM
Points: 41,857, Level: 100 Points: 41,857, Level: 100 Points: 41,857, Level: 100

Salida is on a distinguished road

Angry Mob Kills Suspected Bomber Near Emir of Kano’s Palace, Articles | THISDAY LIVE
Old 18th April 2013, 04:35 AM
Points: 41,857, Level: 100 Points: 41,857, Level: 100 Points: 41,857, Level: 100

Again, Scores Killed in Renewed Attacks in Plateau South, Articles | THISDAY LIVE
Old 18th April 2013, 04:36 AM

Civil Service: Jonathan Wants Incompetence, Inequalities Addressed, Articles | THISDAY LIVE
Old 18th April 2013, 04:58 AM

ACN, Presidency clash over Jonathan’s Lagos visit today — The Punch - Nigeria's Most Widely Read Newspaper
Old 18th April 2013, 05:08 AM

Is Fashola’s administration anti-poor? — The Punch - Nigeria's Most Widely Read Newspaper
Old 18th April 2013, 05:32 AM

Danger Looms as Off-spec Cooking Gas from Niger Floods Nigeria, Articles | THISDAY LIVE
Old 18th April 2013, 05:38 AM
Points: 5,206, Level: 46 Points: 5,206, Level: 46 Points: 5,206, Level: 46
Activity: 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Groans: 1
pal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozone View Post
This is the irony of democracy, while the minority will have their say the majority will have their way. According to Joseph-Marie, comte de Maistre "Every nation gets the government it deserves"[
Bros, you are right jare. When it comes to politics the grammar emanating from both sides of the aisles by forum members does not count at all. SMN does not decide who the president should or should not be. Irrational forces outside our control do that usually in a predetermined way. A standard was laid down for us in 1960. I am sure both sides can't disagree that the common man who happen to be in the majority are a lot worse off today than then. The good thing however is that nemesis is catching everybody up. The rich and the poor now sleep with both eyes wide open. You can't drive out today without keeping a sharp eye on the rear view mirror in case you are being trailed by kidnappers, etc. Such things were unheard of in 1960. So, whatever grammar we "blow" here the situation on the ground tells the truth. We sure get the government we rightly deserve. Shikeena?

Last edited by pal; 18th April 2013 at 06:55 AM.
Old 18th April 2013, 08:42 AM
Points: 6,823, Level: 54 Points: 6,823, Level: 54 Points: 6,823, Level: 54

Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
solo66 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirVee View Post

He did not suggest Buhari is the alternative, rather he is asking if Buhari is the alternative. Reading between the lines, he is sneering at Buhari and rightly so. Therefore, you are on the same page with him.
The Following User Says Thank You to solo66 For This Useful Post:
SirVee (18th April 2013)
Old 18th April 2013, 09:26 AM
Points: 5,594, Level: 48 Points: 5,594, Level: 48 Points: 5,594, Level: 48

SirVee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo66 View Post
He did not suggest Buhari is the alternative, rather he is asking if Buhari is the alternative. Reading between the lines, he is sneering at Buhari and rightly so. Therefore, you are on the same page with him.
Thanks Solo66 for your post and clarification.
I have actually heard people support GEJ 'cause they think the only alternatives are Buhari and Atiku

I make bold to say that even in this forum we have men of integrity who can bail out Nigeria.

How did Obama start? (I know there's is a lot of difference between America and Nigeria), but do we allow the mediocrity we have seen with Nigeria politicians to continue unabated?
Old 18th April 2013, 10:42 AM
Points: 2,431, Level: 29 Points: 2,431, Level: 29 Points: 2,431, Level: 29

Groans: 2
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Ozone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
This is the irony of democracy, while the minority will have their say the majority will have their way. According to Joseph-Marie, comte de Maistre "Every nation gets the government it deserves"
Quote:
Originally Posted by pal View Post
Bros, you are right jare. When it comes to politics the grammar emanating from both sides of the aisles by forum members does not count at all. SMN does not decide who the president should or should not be. Irrational forces outside our control do that usually in a predetermined way. A standard was laid down for us in 1960. I am sure both sides can't disagree that the common man who happen to be in the majority are a lot worse off today than then. The good thing however is that nemesis is catching everybody up. The rich and the poor now sleep with both eyes wide open. You can't drive out today without keeping a sharp eye on the rear view mirror in case you are being trailed by kidnappers, etc. Such things were unheard of in 1960. So, whatever grammar we "blow" here the situation on the ground tells the truth. We sure get the government we rightly deserve. Shikeena?
It is very obvious to me in this forum that we have boxed ourselves into a corner on the issue of the President Jonathan 2015 re-election. The leadership of this country since 1960 have failed this nation. The late playwright Ken Saro Wiwa once wrote in his famous book "Prisoner of Jebs" that Nigerians love arguing. So therefore the leadership of the country @ every point create an atmosphere where they keep us arguing while they rob the nation blind. In the 1960's Nigeria was the 45th fastest growing economy in the world. Then we were ahead of Indonesia, Malaysia and other countries in all economic indices. Today even Dubai which was a desert in the early '70s is now an El dorado to Nigerians. Can we authoritatively say that we have done well as a nation? Are the tested leaders whom we are touting and promoting their political ambitions for 2015 elections the best we can boast of as a country? We can do better than this, "Every nation gets the government it deserves"
Old 18th April 2013, 12:30 PM

ACN Letter over Presidential Visit to Lagos Totally Baseless Presidency - Proshare
Old 18th April 2013, 12:50 PM
Points: 39,636, Level: 100 Points: 39,636, Level: 100 Points: 39,636, Level: 100
Activity: 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Groans: 53
nosa2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to nosa2 Send a message via Skype™ to nosa2

Quote:
It is very obvious to me in this forum that we have boxed ourselves into a corner on the issue of the President Jonathan 2015 re-election. The leadership of this country since 1960 have failed this nation. The late playwright Ken Saro Wiwa once wrote in his famous book "Prisoner of Jebs" that Nigerians love arguing. So therefore the leadership of the country @ every point create an atmosphere where they keep us arguing while they rob the nation blind. In the 1960's Nigeria was the 45th fastest growing economy in the world. Then we were ahead of Indonesia, Malaysia and other countries in all economic indices. Today even Dubai which was a desert in the early '70s is now an El dorado to Nigerians. Can we authoritatively say that we have done well as a nation? Are the tested leaders whom we are touting and promoting their political ambitions for 2015 elections the best we can boast of as a country? We can do better than this, "Every nation gets the government it deserves"
I think you made the assumption that we on this forum have boxed ourselves because you don't understand the opinions held by different people. I don't believe that the majority of our leaders have failed us rather it's the followers who just don't understand their responsibilities. Nigerians as a people have always prioritised tribal sentiments and petty squabbling over national interest and as such we are where we are. Had the previous generations done what the current generation is doing now we won't be where we are today, had the likes of Awolowo and Ironsi prioritised national development over personal/tribal sentiments we would have been better than the UK.

With the exception of Yar a Dua I've been happy with leadership (federal) we've had since 1999 even the state governments are getting their acts together. Rome wasn't built in a day and I'm proud to know that the Nigeria my kids would inherit would be a lot better that what I knew.
The Following User Says Thank You to nosa2 For This Useful Post:
paddylo (18th April 2013)