Go Back   StockMarketNigeria.com Forums > User Feeback, Suggestions, Comments > Off Topic

Off Topic Other topics not relevant to this website

Welcome to the StockMarketNigeria.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

View Poll Results: Should political posts be suspended temporarily?
Yes 5 26.32%
No 12 63.16%
Indifferent 2 10.53%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 19th December 2013, 09:23 AM
Points: 27,487, Level: 98 Points: 27,487, Level: 98 Points: 27,487, Level: 98
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Groans: 0
Groaned at 11 Times in 11 Posts
migiets is on a distinguished road
Default Re: State of the Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by oyo View Post
E tu?????? Laughing in chineese. PDP are headed for the courts......so wait for the disgrace at the courts. When they were receiving defectors from other parties, there was nothing wrong in it.....but now that it is from their party to another, they now cry that it is wrong, abi????

One good turn deserves another
Gbam. That is the mentality of the average Nigerian. When it favours them, nothing is wrong but when it does not favour, it is now wrong. when somebody benefits from corruption, all is well and good but when he does not benefit, the government is bad and is a promoter of corruption. Ohhhhhh. I forgot. It is not mentality but caused by poverty.

When Governors have not been wooed, they are corrupt but after wooing, they are now Saints. Atiku and OBJ will soon become St. Atiku and St. OBJ once their wooing is completed.

i dey laff.

obene kwa kwa obene

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 19th December 2013, 09:28 AM
Points: 9,041, Level: 63 Points: 9,041, Level: 63 Points: 9,041, Level: 63
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
solo66 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo66 View Post
Press Release- NNPC Does Not Owe FAAC N2.3 Trillion > NNPC

Sanusi's table does not account for JV (Joint Venture) partners' stake in the proceeds- just like many other issues might not have been considered in their evaluation. There are even technical (metering) recociliation challenges with the Producing companies.

Considering NNPC's explanation above on similar subject, they should engage the NNPC in an open debate on this if there are doubts about proceeds. Arriving at the right figures should not be rocket science!

According to Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, “We now know that out of the $65billion that NNPC shipped, $24billion did not belong to NNPC, it was crude that was paid by oil companies as tax and royalties and shipment for them from NPDC and so on,’’.

The discovery that of the $49.8 billion the CBN governor, Mallam Sanusi Lamido had alleged in a letter to President Goodluck Jonathan had not been remitted by NNPC, it was $10.8 billion from domestic crude oil receipts that had not been remitted, forced Sanusi to express regret over his letter and an admission that he was wrong.

The above confirms what I was able to discern in my back-of-the-envelope analysis of the said letter in less than five minutes. All those hopelessly desperate, fraudulent and criminally-minded politicians-OBJ, Atiku, Liar Mohammed, Tambuwal, et al should bury their heads in shame. This proves that they don't understand even the simplest things let alone running/managing a complex society like Nigeria. How then can they run a better economy they promise?

Although I still love SLS, I would like to advise all authorities to close ranks and work for a common goal- that of a better Nigeria.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 19th December 2013, 10:03 AM
Points: 21,723, Level: 92 Points: 21,723, Level: 92 Points: 21,723, Level: 92
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
wanaj0 has a spectacular aura aboutwanaj0 has a spectacular aura aboutwanaj0 has a spectacular aura about

Damage limitation.

Truth is NNPC is not remitting all the money due to the federation account. The governors have raised this many time. It is not only NNPC. Customs, FIRS and other revenue generating agencies are involved. It is to prevent the legislooters from exercising undue control. The agencies are allowed to keep a certain percentage.

Another issue with NNPC is what is happening to crude meant for the refineries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo66 View Post
According to Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, “We now know that out of the $65billion that NNPC shipped, $24billion did not belong to NNPC, it was crude that was paid by oil companies as tax and royalties and shipment for them from NPDC and so on,’’.

The discovery that of the $49.8 billion the CBN governor, Mallam Sanusi Lamido had alleged in a letter to President Goodluck Jonathan had not been remitted by NNPC, it was $10.8 billion from domestic crude oil receipts that had not been remitted, forced Sanusi to express regret over his letter and an admission that he was wrong.

The above confirms what I was able to discern in my back-of-the-envelope analysis of the said letter in less than five minutes. All those hopelessly desperate, fraudulent and criminally-minded politicians-OBJ, Atiku, Liar Mohammed, Tambuwal, et al should bury their heads in shame. This proves that they don't understand even the simplest things let alone running/managing a complex society like Nigeria. How then can they run a better economy they promise?

Although I still love SLS, I would like to advise all authorities to close ranks and work for a common goal- that of a better Nigeria.
Old 19th December 2013, 10:59 AM
Points: 51,569, Level: 100 Points: 51,569, Level: 100 Points: 51,569, Level: 100
Activity: 8%
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Salida is on a distinguished road

Outcome of Revenue Reconciliation of Unremitted $49.8m - Proshare
Old 19th December 2013, 11:25 AM
Points: 11,929, Level: 71 Points: 11,929, Level: 71 Points: 11,929, Level: 71

Groans: 4
bamidele97 is on a distinguished road

Tokyo Governor Naoki Inose resigns over money scandal - CNN.com
Quote:
Inose admitted to receiving 50 million yen (U.S. $480,150) from Tokushukai, a hospital operator involved in vote-buying allegations.
"I should not have borrowed the money," Inose said.
He said it was a personal loan and not in any way linked to his election campaign. He added that the money has already been returned.
"I have tried hard to demonstrate my accountability, but unfortunately it wasn't enough to clear away suspicions against me."
The governor was seen to have played a crucial role in securing Tokyo's successful bid to host the 2020 Olympics in September, The Japan Times reported.
"I don't want to further interrupt the operations of the administration as Tokyo prepares for the 2020 Olympics and Paralympics," he said at the press conference.
"I offer a deep apology," he said, bowing deeply.
Now this is a leader. A governor of the largest state in the world third largest economy resigning for borrowing a meagre sum from a person the society sees as a man who shouldn't be associated with. Here we have ex-convicts waltzing the corridors of power.
The Following User Says Thank You to bamidele97 For This Useful Post:
Picolena66 (20th December 2013)
Old 19th December 2013, 11:29 AM
Points: 11,929, Level: 71 Points: 11,929, Level: 71 Points: 11,929, Level: 71

Groans: 4
bamidele97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by migiets View Post
and then the person turns into a zombie. You can now see where the zombies used in winning elections come from. It is high time you port from theoretical cyberspace politics to real practical grassroots politics.

Btw, quote what is your Proverbs 30:8 & 9. You know iam 'Sri migi macer' or 'ashaolin migi macer'. i have checked my own book and i could not find it there.

Anyway, just take a trip to the grassroots this xmas and new year and see how the zombies used for elections are created. If you cannot travel to your constituency, just visit TVC (Television Continental) office in Ikosi and see what happens in the yearly distribution of rice to the zombies. Just a tip. For you to get, you might have to start queuing as early as 3am.

A vast majority of civil servants are employed that way and also a vast majority of entrants into the Unity schools entered that particular way. When he was not a beneficiary, he was the greatest critic of the FG and the process but now that he has benefited, the system is fine and he is quoting verses and passages from your own book as you have also quoted to backup what has happened to him and also planning a thanks giving. i just dey laff.

#AGIP.

obene kwa kwa obene

In your own case you admitted you were breeding zombies
Old 19th December 2013, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamidele97 View Post
In your own case you admitted you were breeding zombies
Hahahaha. You should commend me for revealing to you how zombies are being bred. I was just telling you how the zombies used for elections are bred since you are mostly on cyberspace playing your politics. I have given you a tip. Find out when rice will be shared in TVC located at Ikosi and take a walk there by 3am.

As an aspiring governorship candidate of AGIP in the 'State of Afemai' in Edo republic in 2015, i have to match my competitors 'zombie for zombie'. If i decide not to breed my own zombies while others are breeding theirs, then it means i can only wish the electorate merry Christmas and a happy Ngige year when xmas and new year are still far away and when the election is won by the bred zombies, i will start crying and calling for cancellation.

So you see, i consider politics a game and in a game, the ultimate is how to outwit your opponent.

I read an article of recent of how Premiership Managers are using loan deals to weaken the competitor. Lukaku was sent from Chelsea to Everton while Barry was sent from ManCity to Everton and Victor Moses sent to Liverpool. Now Everton has used Lukaku and Barry to take off points from the big boys.

You better wake up. El-Rufai thought twitter politics is the same as practical politics and what happened at Anambra, he was just locked up in the hotel room when he wanted to go and breed zombies on the election day. Zombies are not bred on election days but days, weeks and months before election.

If you need more tutorials on practical politics, see me in my temple and i will show u more.

#AGIP.

obene kwa kwa obene

Old 19th December 2013, 12:06 PM
Points: 4,465, Level: 42 Points: 4,465, Level: 42 Points: 4,465, Level: 42

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
egoigwe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Iyabo's letter emanated from Jona's men with or without his blessing. It is part of the diversionary tactic they are good at. Instead of addressing the issues raised by OBJ, the wrote a counter letter. Same way they accused Fashola of buying armoured vehicles worth 600 million naira when they were boxed into a corner on Oduagate.
Iyabo Obasanjo confirms writing letter to dad - Why I gave up on my dad - Iyabo Obasanjo - Vanguard News
Old 19th December 2013, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamidele97
Iyabo's letter emanated from Jona's men with or without his blessing. It is part of the diversionary tactic they are good at. Instead of addressing the issues raised by OBJ, the wrote a counter letter. Same way they accused Fashola of buying armoured vehicles worth 600 million naira when they were boxed into a corner on Oduagate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by egoigwe View Post
Iyabo Obasanjo confirms writing letter to dad - Why I gave up on my dad - Iyabo Obasanjo - Vanguard News

Cyberspace politician trying to play politics with real grassroots politicians. I guess the satellite that was used to spot cultist by looking at their faces is now faulty and incorrectly spotted the handwriting of Jona's men.

I dey laff.

#AGIP

obene kwa kwa obene

Old 19th December 2013, 12:25 PM
Forum Moderator
Points: 46,297, Level: 100 Points: 46,297, Level: 100 Points: 46,297, Level: 100

Groans: 18
Groaned at 8 Times in 7 Posts
knightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Tokyo Governor Naoki Inose resigns over money scandal - CNN.com

Now this is a leader. A governor of the largest state in the world third largest economy resigning for borrowing a meagre sum from a person the society sees as a man who shouldn't be associated with. Here we have ex-convicts waltzing the corridors of power.
And we see saintly political parties wooing those convicts into their folds...

"Pursue excellence and success will follow, pants down" - Ranchoddas Shamaldas Chanchad
Old 19th December 2013, 12:27 PM
Forum Moderator
Points: 46,297, Level: 100 Points: 46,297, Level: 100 Points: 46,297, Level: 100

Groans: 18
Groaned at 8 Times in 7 Posts
knightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I'm a Nigerian living in Nigeria. I see it all. Both direct and circumstantial.
Quote:
Originally Posted by egoigwe View Post
Sir Bamo, since you are the expert in precedential and circumstantial matters, kindly tell us what is going on here.

"Pursue excellence and success will follow, pants down" - Ranchoddas Shamaldas Chanchad
Old 19th December 2013, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofdelta View Post
Sir Bamo, since you are the expert in precedential and circumstantial matters, kindly tell us what is going on here.
You forgot to mention expert in handwriting reading even if the document was typed in microsoft word. .
Old 19th December 2013, 12:47 PM
Points: 19,382, Level: 88 Points: 19,382, Level: 88 Points: 19,382, Level: 88

Groans: 3
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
emmanuel ewumi is on a distinguished road

Iyabo's letter to OBJ - Vanguard News
Old 19th December 2013, 03:31 PM
Points: 23,840, Level: 94 Points: 23,840, Level: 94 Points: 23,840, Level: 94

duduspace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmanuel ewumi View Post
I have read this letter and can almost say with certainty that it was indeed written by Iyabo Obasanjo. It is too personal and detailed to not be. What I am yet to understand is how and why it found its way into the public domain. OBJ is either a very bad father or Iyabo is a very unforgiving daughter.

Last edited by duduspace; 19th December 2013 at 03:35 PM.
Old 19th December 2013, 03:39 PM
Points: 14,746, Level: 78 Points: 14,746, Level: 78 Points: 14,746, Level: 78

horlads is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by duduspace View Post
I have read this letter and can almost say with certainty that it was indeed written by Iyabo Obasanjo. It is too personal and detailed to not be. What I am yet to understand is how and why it found its way into the public domain. OBJ is either a very bad father or Iyabo is a very unforgiving daughter.
Bros...she stated it there and then that the letter was meant for public domain na...since OBJ's letter to GEJ was also a public affair...She didn't bother sending it to her father at all since she has been unable to get his listening ears through the years...

A hen that leaves her chicks unguarded should not complain when the predatory hawk comes calling - horlads
Old 19th December 2013, 04:11 PM
Points: 7,672, Level: 58 Points: 7,672, Level: 58 Points: 7,672, Level: 58

afolabi27 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by duduspace View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by horlads View Post
Bros...she stated it there and then that the letter was meant for public domain na...since OBJ's letter to GEJ was also a public affair...She didn't bother sending it to her father at all since she has been unable to get his listening ears through the years...
...I read many parts of the letter and I know certainly it was written by GEJ's men! Simply diversionary.

There is nothing new anyone will tell us about the personality of Obasanjo that will be news. Now we know GEJ is unwilling to address the national issues. Good luck to Nigeria.

History has shown the ambition of a single man is insufficient to tilt Nigeria over, whether he's GEJ, OBJ, Atiku, Buhari or Jaganban.
Old 19th December 2013, 04:29 PM
Points: 12,815, Level: 73 Points: 12,815, Level: 73 Points: 12,815, Level: 73
Activity: 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

pegheneji is on a distinguished road

Quote:
To start with, read Proverbs 30: 8 & 9. Poverty makes you do things you wouldn't have done ordinarily. Oga migi, the man in question had no choice as that is the way the vast majority of civil servants are employed. A lot of people detest driving on the shoulder,driving against the traffic (one way),jumping queue e.t.c but had no choice but to join other Nigerians in these vices as there is no punishment for the offenders and that is the only way out of logjams in an insane environment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozone View Post
The Book of Proverbs ends @ chapter 31vs31. It was probably a typographical error.
e fit be APC version
Old 19th December 2013, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkpokiti View Post
Oil Revenue: $10.8bn, Not $49.8bn Unaccounted For , Articles | THISDAY LIVE

In other societies, Sanusi should be resigning by now but this is Nigeria where anything goes, where a CAN governor will speak before thinking.

Na today you know say Sanusi they act "as the spirit directs". i think he should appoint Chris Okotie into his team
Old 19th December 2013, 04:34 PM

Abroad na abroad.
Old 19th December 2013, 04:35 PM
Points: 23,840, Level: 94 Points: 23,840, Level: 94 Points: 23,840, Level: 94

duduspace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by afolabi27 View Post
...I read many parts of the letter and I know certainly it was written by GEJ's men! Simply diversionary.

There is nothing new anyone will tell us about the personality of Obasanjo that will be news. Now we know GEJ is unwilling to address the national issues. Good luck to Nigeria.

History has shown the ambition of a single man is insufficient to tilt Nigeria over, whether he's GEJ, OBJ, Atiku, Buhari or Jaganban.
I see this differently in the sense that the letter might indeed be diversionary and currently being used to muddy the waters but that doesnt change the fact that it was likely written by daughter to father.
This however doesnt deter from Obasanjo's message. We focus too much on the messenger and not the message (both sides are guilty of this). There is nothing wrong in admitting that OBJ has issues to resolve with his daughter which have little to do with his stand as regards GEJ.
To paraphrase Bane (the villain in the last batman movie) 'It doesn't matter WHO we are, what matters is our PURPOSE'. As a Nigerian, I bother little about what Iyabo thinks of her dad but in making this a discussion about whether that letter is true or not, it distracts from the points OBJ made. Most of the contents of that letter are true anyway whether they came from Iyabo or not and if all is fine between father and daughter, the tabloid wouldnt dare print such as there will be hell to pay.