Go Back   StockMarketNigeria.com Forums > User Feeback, Suggestions, Comments > Off Topic

Off Topic Other topics not relevant to this website

Welcome to the StockMarketNigeria.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

View Poll Results: Should political posts be suspended temporarily?
Yes 5 26.32%
No 12 63.16%
Indifferent 2 10.53%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 22nd March 2015, 11:44 AM
Points: 7,873, Level: 59 Points: 7,873, Level: 59 Points: 7,873, Level: 59
Activity: 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Groans: 0
Groaned at 15 Times in 13 Posts
PETERICHY is on a distinguished road
Default Re: State of the Nation

PDP Asks Buhari to Clarify Role in Massacre of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians, Articles | THISDAY LIVE

Buhari: North never declared Igbo properties abandoned

Chuks Okocha and Onyebuchi Ezigbo in Abuja
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Presidential Campaigns Friday asked the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, General Muhammadu Buhari, to clarify his roles in the massacre of over 300 Igbo soldiers and civilians during the thirty months civil war.
This is as Buhari said that every identifiable property belonging to the Igbos living in the north were returned to its owners immediately after the civil war as a mark oneness and true reconciliation
Also the PDP Presidential Campaigns said that with the admittance of the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) of the existence of controversial radio Chanji, that it has been vindicated.
Briefing news men on Friday, the spokesman of the PDP Campaigns, Femi Fani Kayode asked Buhari to answer the following questions which included his roles in the massacre of Igbo soldiers and civilians.
According to Fani Kayode, "What is the true health status of General Buhari? What is the situation concerning his certificate? Does he have it or does he not have it?
"Did he perjure himself and lie under oath when he swore to an affidavit that his certificate was with the military?
"What was his role in the killings on the night of July 29, 1966 when 300 Igbo officers, one Yoruba officer and the former Head of State, General Aguiyi-Ironsi were killed in a military coup? Was he one of those who killed one or any of those people on that night and was he involved in the butchering of the primarily Igbo army officers?
"What was his role in the terrible and tragic events that took place in parts of northern Nigeria in 1966 when over 100,000 innocent Igbo civilians were slaughtered including women and children? Is it true that he was among those who supplied arms to those who slaughtered these Igbo civilians?
"What was his role in the massacre and genocide that took place in Asaba in 1969 after the Federal forces re-captured the town of Asaba from the Biafran forces and liberated it?"
Buhari spoke while responding to his endorsement by a delegation of Igbos living in the north under the aegis of Igbo Delegates Assembly (IDA) and said the only way democracy could help to restore peace in the country was to allow the people to elect who they wanted to lead them.
Speaking on the lessons from country's chequered history, especially the aftermath of the three year civil war, Buhari said to the best of his knowledge, the authorities of the civil service played a commendable role in making sure that Igbos that survived came back and claimed their property and the savings made from them.
"After the interruption of the civil war, I must admit that the elements of the first republic civil service were good because to the best of my knowledge, where ever Igbos have property in various northern towns , there were committees in the respective towns, the property were repaired, given out for rent, an account opened for them.
After the war, the Igbos that survived came back and claimed their property and the savings made," he said.
According to Buhari committees were developed with very clear and firm terms of reference and the Igbos property were looked after and that they claimed them back.
The President-General of Igbo Delegates Assembly, Chief Sam Inyama, described Buhari as a man of impeccable character who is needed at this time to restore discipline and order in the affairs of the country.
He urged south easterners to downplay any religious and tribal sentiments in the coming polls and vote Buhari on the 28 of March, adding that Buhari's presidency will address the pressing needs of all the regions.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 22nd March 2015, 11:47 AM
Points: 6,597, Level: 53 Points: 6,597, Level: 53 Points: 6,597, Level: 53
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
MissedOpportunities is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERICHY View Post
Buhari certificate saga: Tension in APC camp over court case - Vanguard News

There is tension in the opposition All Progressives Congress as a Federal High Court in Abuja, presided over by Justice Abdu Kafarati, has given an order for accelerated hearing in a suit brought by a non-governmental organisation, Global Center for Conscious Living Against Corruption, asking for an order of mandamus to compel the Inspector General of Police to investigate allegations of forgery and perjury against the party’s presidential candidate, Gen Muhammadu Buhari.
Tell us new things. Abeg. Insert dates inside that your article.

Did you not feel the tension and fear in the corrupt-in-chief both in body and mind as BBC interviewed him?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 22nd March 2015, 11:54 AM
Points: 2,525, Level: 30 Points: 2,525, Level: 30 Points: 2,525, Level: 30

Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
coolone is on a distinguished road

6 days to go...before we bid RIP to the political career of a dictator masked as change. And Nigerians get the peace they deserve .

#DictatorMaskedAsChange.
Old 22nd March 2015, 12:41 PM

APC to Nigerians: Watch out for Jonathan’s fake Shekau
Old 22nd March 2015, 12:48 PM

trending video: Jonathan admits he is not in charge | P.M. NEWS Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZFy...layer_embedded

Baba abeg we de choke, we de choke ooooooooo.
Baba when U get there, abeg use two hands take untie the rope of corruption whey GEJ tie us for neck oooo. Make we for breath "fresh air" naw.

Oh baba GEJ says he is not in charge.

Oh baba Nigeria has been on Auto Pilot Due to Corruption.

Oh Baba When YOU get there, please be in-charge of Nigeria.

Oh Baba when YOU get there - YOU WILL BE A TRUE COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF.
Old 22nd March 2015, 01:19 PM
Points: 7,193, Level: 56 Points: 7,193, Level: 56 Points: 7,193, Level: 56
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

ambitiousr is on a distinguished road

..."Be WATCHFUL of those people that walk about carrying BROOMS and their HOUSES are DIRTY, They are not to be TRUSTED..." - Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, 2011.

#ElectionIsNotAWar #VoteYourConscienceNotPropaganda #GodIsInControl
Old 22nd March 2015, 01:30 PM
Forum Moderator
Points: 17,981, Level: 85 Points: 17,981, Level: 85 Points: 17,981, Level: 85

Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
pumping will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to pumping

How President Jonathan's Airport shuttles weaken Abuja security, endanger residents - Premium Times Nigeria

Why on earth will a president still move around like this in 2015?

Pumping.

Most people get interested in stocks when everyone else is. The time to get interested is when no one else is. You can't buy what is popular and do well.

-Warren Buffet-
Old 22nd March 2015, 02:08 PM
Points: 7,873, Level: 59 Points: 7,873, Level: 59 Points: 7,873, Level: 59
Activity: 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Groaned at 15 Times in 13 Posts
PETERICHY is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissedOpportunities View Post
That means Agbero People's Congress APC know the original Shekau. Isokay.
Old 22nd March 2015, 02:17 PM
Points: 10,522, Level: 68 Points: 10,522, Level: 68 Points: 10,522, Level: 68

Groans: 6
netotse is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to netotse

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamidele97 View Post
Oga Netotse your post contains a wealth of contradictions and it is incumbent upon me as a good Nigerian to point them out.
To start with the Nigeria Army I know never needed to shop for new weapons to annihilate boko haram if given the specific instruction to do so. Since you claim to know about warfare and weaponry you must have read about the 6 days war. Did Israel shop for new ammunitions? What would have been the consequence of shopping for arms and amo? Are our armed forces not suppose to be battle reading? Israel's case was a couple of sovereign nations against Israel and not BH, OPC, MEND or MASSOB against their mother ship, Nigeria.
Are you saying Chadian army didn't put boots on Nigeria soil to fight BH? Are you saying Nigeria Army did not seek refuge in Cameroun?
What the heck do you mean "I'm not saying this govt is right in all ramifications, I'm saying the opposition isn't offering me anything different"? Are you expecting the opposition to fight Boko Haram, generate and distribute electricity, equip hospitals e.t.c since the PDP government has failed?
You admitted the PDP govt has failed in one breadth but that the opposition isn't offering you better option and in another breadth you admitted you don't even know the program of the opposition. All in a paragraph Have you read APC manifestos?
My oga you are too much, only me wealth of contradictions and making it incumbent on you...I'm touched...lol.

The war involved two parties and 5 or 6 countries, it was not an insurgency like we have in Nigeria. Why would you compare the two? But since you are operating under the powers of incumbency I must obey.

if you are fighting another country's army, you simply wreak havoc on their material and infrastructure just like Israel did to the Egyptian Airforce in the 6 day war. How could Nigeria do something similar to BH without the new equipment? I'd like for you to tell me.

Israel had 300 combat aircraft (specifically the dassault mirage and others), would you call that underequipped? do you have any attack aircraft that is 15 years old currently in Nigeria?(all the aircraft isreal fielded were between 10 and 15 years old from manufacture at that time). Back in 1967, the dassault mirage could reach Mach 2, what is top speed of the aircraft we are fielding now?

We are using Alphajets against BH now, they aren't even mach 1 this is 48 years after the 6 day war. How many combat aircraft do we have now sef?do we know we dont have any 4th generation fighter craft at all? that means any fighter craft that was made after 1980.

T-55 tanks were used in the 6 day war, we're still using them in Nigeria today, infact, BH captured one at some point in time but it has been recovered. T-55s dont have any communication, not to talk of infra red or automatic weaponry.

Oga Bamo I dont know the Nigerian Army that you know o, cos the Nigerian army was not appropriately armed to battle an insurgency.

If you look at the recent battle accounts, you would be coming across names like,

MRAPs (mine resistance ambush protected), that's why our troops aren't getting killed by IEDs as much as before. We ordered 120 in 2013 and 60 were delivered in 2014 the factories in china cant keep up, we needed more so we're buying from REVA in south africa.

T-72s, these tanks have explosive reactionary armour so the RPGs BH uses are ineffective, there was even a news article about how a toyota startlet with explosives ran into a T-72 and the soldiers inside were un-scathed.

Mi35s and Mi17s that have been upgraded with Night vision, Armed Drones, we can see and attack BH without them being able to see us (I pasted a gif of a drone attack on this thread), there's a youtube video of the NAF attacking a BH camp in the North east. This was taken from one of the new attack helicopters. Compare that to the video oga dudu or someone else post on the same page of this thread of the us engaging hostiles somewhere in the middle east.

If the army has levelled the entire local govts controlled by BH I'm sure you would be screaming genocide, they purchase equipment that allows them to engage more selectively and you're still complaining, this your government tire me o

I'm not saying Chad didn't have any boots on our soil, what I'm saying is that they did not win the war for us. How many towns did they liberate? and how many has the Nigerian army liberated? Can you show the towns they liberated on a map? If you only choose to read/believe media accounts that show Nigeria in a bad light, I cant help you there.

No I haven't read the manifesto for the APC or the PDP or any political party for that matter, if they can't communicate their plans and most importantly ideas effectively is it me that is not a supporter that will go and look for it to read?

Let them prove they have better ideas than PDP, all this propaganda and change doesn't cut it for me. I personally didn't vote PDP in 2011 (despite the fact I liked their power roadmap). It took me two years before I started to support them and now because some people have been shouting change for a year you expect me to jump on the bandwagon abi? #jumpandpass

This post is getting too long jo...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to netotse For This Useful Post:
Surulere101 (23rd March 2015), tdmadeeasy (22nd March 2015)
Old 22nd March 2015, 02:43 PM
Points: 21,567, Level: 92 Points: 21,567, Level: 92 Points: 21,567, Level: 92

Groans: 1
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Dicobody is on a distinguished road

NDLEA commander wants Roli Bode George, Giade imprisoned | P.M. NEWS Nigeria
Old 22nd March 2015, 02:53 PM
Points: 23,317, Level: 93 Points: 23,317, Level: 93 Points: 23,317, Level: 93
Activity: 13%
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

duduspace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERICHY View Post
But you calling a sitting president of your country unprintable names doesn't denigrate SMN?
Oga I challenge you to, cite one instance where I called anybody an unprintable name on this forum......and just for the record I reprimanded Oga Solo66 on what he said solely because I personally expected more from a lawyer than to peddle lies without solid evidence to prove what he says......If it was you for example who made same statement, I wouldnt even bother reacting
The Following User Says Thank You to duduspace For This Useful Post:
Surulere101 (23rd March 2015)
Old 22nd March 2015, 03:03 PM
Points: 10,522, Level: 68 Points: 10,522, Level: 68 Points: 10,522, Level: 68

Groans: 6
netotse is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to netotse

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamidele97 View Post
Oga Bamo since when did I turn to spokesperson for the Nigerian Army?

let me ask you some questions though, why has the chadian army returned to gamboru? since it's Nigerian territory and they had already asked Nigeria to come and take over why did they not leave?

I asked earlier which towns had been liberated, when you answer that question we can then reason this out together if you're interested...Hint, the answer you seek has something to do with a term called AOR.

I'm willing to bet you are not interested in the truth especially since a 2nd Lt. in chads army is enough reason for you to conclude the NA is afraid...smh and lmao.
Old 22nd March 2015, 03:26 PM
Points: 11,853, Level: 71 Points: 11,853, Level: 71 Points: 11,853, Level: 71

Groans: 4
bamidele97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by netotse View Post
My oga you are too much, only me wealth of contradictions and making it incumbent on you...I'm touched...lol.

The war involved two parties and 5 or 6 countries, it was not an insurgency like we have in Nigeria. Why would you compare the two? But since you are operating under the powers of incumbency I must obey.

if you are fighting another country's army, you simply wreak havoc on their material and infrastructure just like Israel did to the Egyptian Airforce in the 6 day war. How could Nigeria do something similar to BH without the new equipment? I'd like for you to tell me.

Israel had 300 combat aircraft (specifically the dassault mirage and others), would you call that underequipped? do you have any attack aircraft that is 15 years old currently in Nigeria?(all the aircraft isreal fielded were between 10 and 15 years old from manufacture at that time). Back in 1967, the dassault mirage could reach Mach 2, what is top speed of the aircraft we are fielding now?

We are using Alphajets against BH now, they aren't even mach 1 this is 48 years after the 6 day war. How many combat aircraft do we have now sef?do we know we dont have any 4th generation fighter craft at all? that means any fighter craft that was made after 1980.

T-55 tanks were used in the 6 day war, we're still using them in Nigeria today, infact, BH captured one at some point in time but it has been recovered. T-55s dont have any communication, not to talk of infra red or automatic weaponry.

Oga Bamo I dont know the Nigerian Army that you know o, cos the Nigerian army was not appropriately armed to battle an insurgency.

If you look at the recent battle accounts, you would be coming across names like,

MRAPs (mine resistance ambush protected), that's why our troops aren't getting killed by IEDs as much as before. We ordered 120 in 2013 and 60 were delivered in 2014 the factories in china cant keep up, we needed more so we're buying from REVA in south africa.

T-72s, these tanks have explosive reactionary armour so the RPGs BH uses are ineffective, there was even a news article about how a toyota startlet with explosives ran into a T-72 and the soldiers inside were un-scathed.

Mi35s and Mi17s that have been upgraded with Night vision, Armed Drones, we can see and attack BH without them being able to see us (I pasted a gif of a drone attack on this thread), there's a youtube video of the NAF attacking a BH camp in the North east. This was taken from one of the new attack helicopters. Compare that to the video oga dudu or someone else post on the same page of this thread of the us engaging hostiles somewhere in the middle east.

If the army has levelled the entire local govts controlled by BH I'm sure you would be screaming genocide, they purchase equipment that allows them to engage more selectively and you're still complaining, this your government tire me o

I'm not saying Chad didn't have any boots on our soil, what I'm saying is that they did not win the war for us. How many towns did they liberate? and how many has the Nigerian army liberated? Can you show the towns they liberated on a map? If you only choose to read/believe media accounts that show Nigeria in a bad light, I cant help you there.

No I haven't read the manifesto for the APC or the PDP or any political party for that matter, if they can't communicate their plans and most importantly ideas effectively is it me that is not a supporter that will go and look for it to read?

Let them prove they have better ideas than PDP, all this propaganda and change doesn't cut it for me. I personally didn't vote PDP in 2011 (despite the fact I liked their power roadmap). It took me two years before I started to support them and now because some people have been shouting change for a year you expect me to jump on the bandwagon abi? #jumpandpass

This post is getting too long jo...
I made an excuse for our armed forces when Boko haram fighters were hiding among civilians and using them as shield moons ago but BH have since turned brazen and changed their tactics. They operated from specific geographical location from where they surge out in droves to attack.
Micro analysing the weapons available to our armed forces is uncalled for but I can categorically tell you we don't need aircrafts faster than the speed of sound to prevent Chibok kidnap or defend army formations and towns from being taken over by the the insurgents.
Since you make it sound as if Jonathan started building the army from the ashes I will assume you're right but I ask you a question; apart from paying personel salaries and allowances what have the armed forces been doing with defense budget since the infallible Jonathan took over as the president? I hope you know a good number of Boko haram weapons were looted from Nigeria army armoury.
I have some questions for you Oga;
Is boko haram better armed than Nigeria armed forces?
Are their members better trained than Nigeria Army?
Are they better motivated?
How were insurgents operating on Toyota Hilux and okada able to run over Artillery barracks and went back with tanks and Artillery guns?
To your question if Chadian army liberated any town I would refer you to this Nigerian soldiers afraid of recaptured Boko Haram towns €”Chad
PS
When Minima was appointed the Chief of army Staff he promised to end BH in 4 months.
Was the Chief of army Staff not informed?

Last edited by bamidele97; 22nd March 2015 at 03:32 PM.
Old 22nd March 2015, 04:08 PM
Points: 9,041, Level: 63 Points: 9,041, Level: 63 Points: 9,041, Level: 63

Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
solo66 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by duduspace View Post
Oga I challenge you to, cite one instance where I called anybody an unprintable name on this forum......and just for the record I reprimanded Oga Solo66 on what he said solely because I personally expected more from a lawyer than to peddle lies without solid evidence to prove what he says......If it was you for example who made same statement, I wouldnt even bother reacting

Sir duduspace, to the bolded part; I have facts to any statement I make and have made on this forum. Anything about APC and Buhari, at worst, I will conclude in the courts. I don't see the worst coming through, though! We could be more civil in how we address members on this forum, politics or no politics. It's not easy to earn the best of grades, pocket a PhD at 33, and crown it up with the profession's highest recognition at 41 more than 7 years ago, my brother.
Old 22nd March 2015, 04:12 PM

Insight: Why Nigeria's restive oil region will only accept Jonathan
Old 22nd March 2015, 04:16 PM

How PDP members assaulted me over Jonathan's campaign fund - Party leader - Premium Times Nigeria
Old 22nd March 2015, 04:19 PM

Yerima Says That Jonathan Is Toying with Yoruba's Intelligence – Daily Times Nigeria
Old 22nd March 2015, 04:21 PM
Points: 1,108, Level: 18 Points: 1,108, Level: 18 Points: 1,108, Level: 18
Activity: 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
naija_optimist is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumping View Post
A sign of a failed state equivalent to that created by Idi Amin of Uganda.

Lets assume everything these guys are saying about this President being sent by God or is even Jesus himself is accurate; is the way this President has run him campaign in 2015 not enough to be appalling to people?
The list is endless.
President Jonathan's friend Fayose's death ad
Mrs Jonathan's throw stone campaign
Shocking appointment of President Jonathan's friend Fani Kayode director. Let me just stop here. The first time I saw this in the papers, I swear I thought it was early April fool's joke, fake journalism, the work of the opposition, or something crazy.
But guess what? it was true. The same guy that called the Igbos unprintable names? Called the moslem north unprintable names? and even called the President himself unprintable names. unbelievable!
Old 22nd March 2015, 04:28 PM

Controversy as allegations of "shady deals” rock Nigeria Election Debate Group - Premium Times Nigeria
Old 22nd March 2015, 04:34 PM
Points: 1,108, Level: 18 Points: 1,108, Level: 18 Points: 1,108, Level: 18
Activity: 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
naija_optimist is on a distinguished road

Yerima:

"He explained that the report didnt give the South west people their age long desire of true federalism. In fact, nobody talked about it at the conference. It also didnt give them the parliamentary system as well as the regional system of government they requested during the conference. So, what is there for them?

This is one issue that has always bothered me. I wonder if the President indeed read the report to agree to use it as a campaign point. Because if he actually read it, he will see there is absolutely nothing in the report addressing the issues of either the SW or the SS (especially). But he takes the report and be jumping all over the place making a mockery of his campaign. Sometimes I don't understand this this President, man.