Go Back   StockMarketNigeria.com Forums > User Feeback, Suggestions, Comments > Off Topic

Off Topic Other topics not relevant to this website

Welcome to the StockMarketNigeria.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

View Poll Results: Should political posts be suspended temporarily?
Yes 5 26.32%
No 12 63.16%
Indifferent 2 10.53%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 2nd November 2016, 08:57 AM
Points: 27,487, Level: 98 Points: 27,487, Level: 98 Points: 27,487, Level: 98
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Groans: 0
Groaned at 11 Times in 11 Posts
migiets is on a distinguished road
Default Re: State of the Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by duduspace View Post
Fayose meets cattle owners on new grazing law

Southern Kaduna killings: Monarchs, Fulani leaders agree on ceasefire

It is heart warming to see that people are embracing dialogue more instead of unnecessarily killing each other. I am encouraged there is hope when even Fayose is discussing with Herdsmen and allowing them be part of the patrol teams for enforcement of the Grazing laws instead of his previous Akara Oogun moves.
Na like this we suppose dey do things. I never thought I'd say kudos to Fayose for doing anything but this Grazing law might yet be a good legacy of his for Ekiti State. If it works well, other states might yet copy it.
If Fayose had not brought out that law, do you think these guys would have come to a round table to discuss?. I hope you know that they were still threatening fire and brimstone when the law came out. It was when Fayose showed that he meant business by setting up the enforcement teams that they know that he is serious and have come so that a common ground can be found. This is what they should have done initially instead of threatening fire and brimstone as if na only them sabi kill. People should not be behaving as if they are above their host communities.

Want things to change fast ? ..... put all politicians at all levels on minimum wage.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 2nd November 2016, 11:40 AM
Points: 12,508, Level: 73 Points: 12,508, Level: 73 Points: 12,508, Level: 73
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Babs_O will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissedOpportunities View Post
Na so their mind be. Still wondering why oil bloc were not given to militants within the past six years.

They must compel every IOC to have headquarters moved into the den of criminals.

Tone down the harsh words.

See some good news a refinery office will be opening shortly in our dear Yenagoa.
12,000bpd Azikel refinery to start operations in 2018 - Punch Newspapers

Excellent move.

Pray they add power plants also. One that has nothing to do with govt has it has been proven govt is very very poor in economic project execution.
The standard of living of any society is based on the goods and services available therein. The result of business ventures. My prayer is for God's mercy to save us from the hands of Nigerians who come to leadership positions to set the country backwards.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 2nd November 2016, 12:25 PM
Points: 23,840, Level: 94 Points: 23,840, Level: 94 Points: 23,840, Level: 94
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Groans: 1
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
duduspace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by migiets View Post
If Fayose had not brought out that law, do you think these guys would have come to a round table to discuss?. I hope you know that they were still threatening fire and brimstone when the law came out. It was when Fayose showed that he meant business by setting up the enforcement teams that they know that he is serious and have come so that a common ground can be found. This is what they should have done initially instead of threatening fire and brimstone as if na only them sabi kill. People should not be behaving as if they are above their host communities.
I think you are forgetting that I am one of those who originally said he should take a legal approach rather than his previous akara oogun extra judicial tactics. All I wanted was for his law to be fair to all parties which now seems to be increasingly the case rather than the one sided us against them stance he initially took. I believe he should be Governor of all including herdsmen and farmers alike.
Infact this should become a recommended approach for all states where this problem exists.
Ekiti people are still showing their intellectualism despite our intellectually challenged Governor.

Last edited by duduspace; 2nd November 2016 at 12:30 PM.
Old 2nd November 2016, 12:50 PM

Quote:
I think you are forgetting that I am one of those who originally said he should take a legal approach rather than his previous akara oogun extra judicial tactics. All I wanted was for his law to be fair to all parties which now seems to be increasingly the case rather than the one sided us against them stance he initially took. I believe he should be Governor of all including herdsmen and farmers alike.
Infact this should become a recommended approach for all states where this problem exists.
Ekiti people are still showing their intellectualism despite our intellectually challenged Governor.
I hope you know that before book intellectualism came, there was native or natural intellectualism or common sense intellectualism. Simple common sense can be used effectively to solve most of our problems and that is what Fayose has done. I hope you know that the great empires were not built by book intellectualism but by native or natural intellectualism.

There was a story told us by a lady who said that she used to harass and abuse her driver for not being 'educated'. She said that she was surprised when one day she entered a neighborhood on a Sunday and saw this same 'uneducated' driver presiding over a meeting as Chairman of close to 50 people of his village. She that normally abuse him do not have upto that number working under her in the office.

Want things to change fast ? ..... put all politicians at all levels on minimum wage.
Old 3rd November 2016, 01:26 AM

Quote:
I hope you know that before book intellectualism came, there was native or natural intellectualism or common sense intellectualism. Simple common sense can be used effectively to solve most of our problems and that is what Fayose has done. I hope you know that the great empires were not built by book intellectualism but by native or natural intellectualism.

There was a story told us by a lady who said that she used to harass and abuse her driver for not being 'educated'. She said that she was surprised when one day she entered a neighborhood on a Sunday and saw this same 'uneducated' driver presiding over a meeting as Chairman of close to 50 people of his village. She that normally abuse him do not have upto that number working under her in the office.
If we equate native or natural intellectualism to Akara Oogun moves of giving dane guns to local vigilante for extra judicial activities and we equate book intellectualism to enacting laws and working with stakeholders to ensure those laws are functional, which of those 2 types of intellectualisme has worked in this instance ?
Old 3rd November 2016, 01:29 AM

Patience Jonathan $15m: Court convicts four companies, reserves sentence

I will just leave this out there for now and not say anything yet.
Old 3rd November 2016, 07:15 AM
Points: 13,974, Level: 76 Points: 13,974, Level: 76 Points: 13,974, Level: 76

Groans: 2
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
overload is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Patience Jonathan $15m: Court convicts four companies, reserves sentence

I will just leave this out there for now and not say anything yet.
wetin you been wan talk?

after all the judges are all biased against PGEJ
Old 3rd November 2016, 07:20 AM
Points: 13,974, Level: 76 Points: 13,974, Level: 76 Points: 13,974, Level: 76

Groans: 2
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
overload is on a distinguished road

Ex-Customs boss, Dikko, returns N1bn cash to FG - Punch Newspapers

this is chicken change na....
Old 3rd November 2016, 08:53 AM

Quote:
If we equate native or natural intellectualism to Akara Oogun moves of giving dane guns to local vigilante for extra judicial activities and we equate book intellectualism to enacting laws and working with stakeholders to ensure those laws are functional, which of those 2 types of intellectualisme has worked in this instance ?
When book intellectualism was used to enact the law, the group were threatening fire and brimstone and were spoiling for a fight. So, Fayose had to use native or natural intellectualism to give dane guns and you saw how quickly those spoiling for a fight by threatening fire and brimstone quickly came to their senses and went for a dialogue. . In your mind, you think using dane guns by Fayose vigilantes is extra judicial activities while those threatening fire and brimstone and killing people is not extra judicial. Well done to your book intellectualism.

Old 3rd November 2016, 09:41 AM
Points: 11,614, Level: 70 Points: 11,614, Level: 70 Points: 11,614, Level: 70
Activity: 16%
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Groaned at 8 Times in 7 Posts
oyo is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Old 3rd November 2016, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by overload View Post
wetin you been wan talk?

Old 3rd November 2016, 09:48 AM

Quote:

If true, then indeed stealing is not corruption
Old 3rd November 2016, 02:41 PM

Quote:
When book intellectualism was used to enact the law, the group were threatening fire and brimstone and were spoiling for a fight. So, Fayose had to use native or natural intellectualism to give dane guns and you saw how quickly those spoiling for a fight by threatening fire and brimstone quickly came to their senses and went for a dialogue. . In your mind, you think using dane guns by Fayose vigilantes is extra judicial activities while those threatening fire and brimstone and killing people is not extra judicial. Well done to your book intellectualism.
I think you have your timeline wrong. The Akara Oogun moves was actually before the enactment of any laws.
Old 3rd November 2016, 02:43 PM

Quote:
wetin you been wan talk?

Hehehe....Judges ke ? those ones wey go still vomit dem own awoof tinz by God's grace. You nor know say dis na the era wey awoof dey run belle ?
Old 3rd November 2016, 03:00 PM

Quote:
I think you have your timeline wrong. The Akara Oogun moves was actually before the enactment of any laws.
I think you are the one getting your timeline wrong. Maybe it is because you are using the word 'Akara Oogun' moves. This is why the teaching of local languages in a multi-ethnic society is wrong and a waste of time. My reference is to the Anti-Grazing Marshals setup by Fayose after the law was passed and even Fayose personally led the Anti-Grazing Marshals to arrest a cow. The activities of the Anti-Grazing Marshals has now been suspended after the meeting with representatives of the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeder’s Association in Ado-Ekiti.

https://www.channelstv.com/2016/11/0...s-ekiti-state/

So, you are saying Akara Oogun and iam saying Anti-Grazing Marshals. In my time in school, local language was not in the curriculum.

Old 3rd November 2016, 04:34 PM

Quote:
I think you are the one getting your timeline wrong. Maybe it is because you are using the word 'Akara Oogun' moves. This is why the teaching of local languages in a multi-ethnic society is wrong and a waste of time. My reference is to the Anti-Grazing Marshals setup by Fayose after the law was passed and even Fayose personally led the Anti-Grazing Marshals to arrest a cow. The activities of the Anti-Grazing Marshals has now been suspended after the meeting with representatives of the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeder’s Association in Ado-Ekiti.

https://www.channelstv.com/2016/11/0...s-ekiti-state/

So, you are saying Akara Oogun and iam saying Anti-Grazing Marshals. In my time in school, local language was not in the curriculum.

Hmmmm convenient memory malfunctiion.
The Marshals were created only after the law was enacted. The Akara Oogun moves was long before that. Go search your memory. It all happened on this forum.
The Marshals may be misbehaving just as policemen atimes do accidental discharge and I still believe its a duplication of police duties but they are essentially legal entities to address a problem. I have never had a problem with that even if I wanted their activities well monitored and to ensure they werent serving a political agenda of sorts.

Last edited by duduspace; 3rd November 2016 at 04:41 PM.
Old 3rd November 2016, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Hmmmm convenient memory malfunctiion.
The Marshals were created only after the law was enacted. The Akara Oogun moves was long before that. Go search your memory. It all happened on this forum.
The Marshals may be misbehaving just as policemen atimes do accidental discharge but they are essentially legal entities to address a problem. I have never had a problem with that even if I wanted their activities well monitored and to ensure they werent serving a political agenda of sorts.
What is Akara Oogun?. If you cannot speak English in an English forum, then na you get convenient memory malfunction and not me. . I don tell you several times that i do not belong to your local language in the curriculum generation. So na only English i sabi. So therefore, it is only the Anti-Grazing Marshals that i know of. I no sabi the local language you were compulsorily made to undertake in school.

Old 3rd November 2016, 08:59 PM
Points: 12,508, Level: 73 Points: 12,508, Level: 73 Points: 12,508, Level: 73

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Babs_O will become famous soon enough

You won't believe which countries will rule the world in 2030

Amin. !
The standard of living of any society is based on the goods and services available therein. The result of business ventures. My prayer is for God's mercy to save us from the hands of Nigerians who come to leadership positions to set the country backwards.
Old 3rd November 2016, 09:37 PM

Quote:
What is Akara Oogun?. If you cannot speak English in an English forum, then na you get convenient memory malfunction and not me. . I don tell you several times that i do not belong to your local language in the curriculum generation. So na only English i sabi. So therefore, it is only the Anti-Grazing Marshals that i know of. I no sabi the local language you were compulsorily made to undertake in school.
No worry, I nor get your time now. I get bigger fish to fry, lets focus on the positives. At least one thing we've learnt is that even Fayose can be reasonable........although that might be because his tenure is winding down and he recently realized he might need those 83 cows afterall since EFCC are still holding his account. The best place to hit most intransigent people as usual is in the pocket.
Old 3rd November 2016, 10:05 PM

NJC-backtracks-suspends-7-senior-judges-accused-corruption

Now that the NJC has applied common sense, done the right thing and even more than I requested, when will the FG do same and suspend Amaechi ? What is good for the goose is also good for the Chicken abeg. Accusations of trying to influence a judge are grievious even if the Judge himself is more crooked than a bent pipe. He can be gently encouraged to step aside in order to clear himself, he is currently a stain on the anti corruption credentials of the government. There should be less controversial people from the SS that he can recommend in his place. Even if he is innocent, Nigeria is in need of people who can be sacrificial towards sanitizing this country.

Last edited by duduspace; 3rd November 2016 at 10:17 PM.