Go Back   StockMarketNigeria.com Forums > User Feeback, Suggestions, Comments > Off Topic

Off Topic Other topics not relevant to this website

Welcome to the StockMarketNigeria.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

View Poll Results: Should political posts be suspended temporarily?
Yes 5 26.32%
No 12 63.16%
Indifferent 2 10.53%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 1st December 2012, 12:11 PM
Points: 40,075, Level: 100 Points: 40,075, Level: 100 Points: 40,075, Level: 100
Activity: 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Groans: 53
Groaned at 10 Times in 10 Posts
nosa2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to nosa2 Send a message via Skype™ to nosa2
Default Re: State of the Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr dowell View Post
We all are basical saying the same thing in different forms. Do you know people pay to agents to be employed what is that corruption. This people do not what to know if the ministry has over employed or not all this has to do with corruption. If you sack 50% I assure you that the space will still be filled as long as the main problem which is corruption has not been tackled. I want to ask a question why are we afraid of tackling corruption? We always look for alternative route of tackling our problem when ever corruption is involved. If you can solve corrupt problem most problems in our country will be solve.
Your first sentence is wrong cause we're definitely not saying the same thing, I don't understand the rest of your post but definitely disagree with the last sentence, which I do understand.

P.s can you please explain what you mean by "If you sack 50% I assure you that the space will still be filled…".
Old 1st December 2012, 01:35 PM
Forum Moderator
Points: 27,291, Level: 97 Points: 27,291, Level: 97 Points: 27,291, Level: 97
Activity: 24%
Activity: 24% Activity: 24% Activity: 24%

Groans: 0
Groaned at 17 Times in 17 Posts
Oracle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
We all are basical saying the same thing in different forms. Do you know people pay to agents to be employed what is that corruption. This people do not what to know if the ministry has over employed or not all this has to do with corruption. If you sack 50% I assure you that the space will still be filled as long as the main problem which is corruption has not been tackled. I want to ask a question why are we afraid of tackling corruption? We always look for alternative route of tackling our problem when ever corruption is involved. If you can solve corrupt problem most problems in our country will be solve.
My brother,calm yourself. I'm also advocating for reduction of corruption in the country but that doesn't mean if I see people who are redundant, i should overlook them. These people are so redundant. They do nothing in their offices. I was in the same immigration office & one of them brought clothes to sell to her colleagues. Is that what they should be doing?

When you talk about corruption, I believe I can comfortably give you a lengthy tutorial on the subject and proffer strong solutions to same.
Old 1st December 2012, 04:49 PM
Points: 16,620, Level: 82 Points: 16,620, Level: 82 Points: 16,620, Level: 82
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
emmanuel ewumi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hispy99 View Post

What Men do for love.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 1st December 2012, 08:35 PM
Points: 3,122, Level: 34 Points: 3,122, Level: 34 Points: 3,122, Level: 34

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
dr dowell is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosa2 View Post
Your first sentence is wrong cause we're definitely not saying the same thing, I don't understand the rest of your post but definitely disagree with the last sentence, which I do understand.

P.s can you please explain what you mean by "If you sack 50% I assure you that the space will still be filled…".
I said that we are saying the same b/cos we all believe that corruption is a factor to be tackled. Where I think we are presenting from different angle is while I believe that corruption should be control before determining if to sack while u believe that sack should be done to save money. I would like to inform u that they are a lot of Ghost workers in civil service and people are collecting their salaries. I remember many year back when I was working in an office while I was supposed to be in manufacture factory Because the factory was to be put in order. The was civil service work would I be considered reductant. We should get to know reasons while it appear they are reductand works before concluding how ever remember that you can not compare private sector to civil service in as much as private sector is for profit maximization civil service is some how social and welfare consideration and not totally for profit maximazation. How ever it should not constitute a big hole in government purse.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 1st December 2012, 08:56 PM
Points: 3,491, Level: 36 Points: 3,491, Level: 36 Points: 3,491, Level: 36

Groans: 1
arostuff is on a distinguished road

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=76102

this is more like it, the radius of the drain pipe at the top is raised to the power of 4 of the drain pipe at the base i.e R = r4
Old 1st December 2012, 09:45 PM
Points: 40,075, Level: 100 Points: 40,075, Level: 100 Points: 40,075, Level: 100

Quote:
how ever remember that you can not compare private sector to civil service in as much as private sector is for profit maximization civil service is some how social and welfare consideration and not totally for profit maximazation.
This statement clearly shows that you don't quite understand the makeup or purpose of government and to be honest I don't have the energy to explain.*

Quote:
Where I think we are presenting from different angle is while I believe that corruption should be control before determining if to sack while u believe that sack should be done to save money.
And this statement shows that you don't understand my argument and fortunately I have the energy to explain it. Corruption is ultimately caused by a failed/failing economy and until we get the economy fixed we won't make any significant impact in the fight against corruption. Now in order to get the economy working we need to fix our infrastructure and you don't fix infrastructure by paying subsidies or having an over bloated civil service.*
Old 2nd December 2012, 12:24 AM
Forum Moderator
Points: 86,009, Level: 100 Points: 86,009, Level: 100 Points: 86,009, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
hispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nice

Okiro: Terrorists Ahead of Our Security Agencies, Articles | THISDAY LIVE
Old 2nd December 2012, 12:25 AM
Forum Moderator
Points: 86,009, Level: 100 Points: 86,009, Level: 100 Points: 86,009, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
hispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nice

In defence of EFCC's budget - The Punch - Nigeria's Most Widely Read Newspaper
Old 2nd December 2012, 12:29 AM
Points: 3,122, Level: 34 Points: 3,122, Level: 34 Points: 3,122, Level: 34

dr dowell is on a distinguished road

Quote:
This statement clearly shows that you don't quite understand the makeup or purpose of government and to be honest I don't have the energy to explain.*

And this statement shows that you don't understand my argument and fortunately I have the energy to explain it. Corruption is ultimately caused by a failed/failing economy and until we get the economy fixed we won't make any significant impact in the fight against corruption. Now in order to get the economy working we need to fix our infrastructure and you don't fix infrastructure by paying subsidies or having an over bloated civil service.*
These are the cases I like to handle from the scratch. How ever before I start I would politely say that corruption is a hole to any economic system and incorrptubility is the only sealant to the hole. Corruption has feed back system of mechanism in destroying the economy and not the other way round. What do I mean by that? When money is allocated to a project of significant economic important and the money is embezzled that project will remain undone and economic activities will remain low and when such continues for some time economic failure will start developing. This will lead to loss of confidence on the economy which will prompt to more looting of the public treasury because of fear of the unknown and to build buffer for the rainy day. Eventually more of the fund will be looted leading to failure in executing more project and infrastructure of economic importance this will eventually lead to Economic failure. I will explain the 2 case later.
Old 2nd December 2012, 06:31 AM

Quote:
These are the cases I like to handle from the scratch. How ever before I start I would politely say that corruption is a hole to any economic system and incorrptubility is the only sealant to the hole. Corruption has feed back system of mechanism in destroying the economy and not the other way round. What do I mean by that? When money is allocated to a project of significant economic important and the money is embezzled that project will remain undone and economic activities will remain low and when such continues for some time economic failure will start developing. This will lead to loss of confidence on the economy which will prompt to more looting of the public treasury because of fear of the unknown and to build buffer for the rainy day. Eventually more of the fund will be looted leading to failure in executing more project and infrastructure of economic importance this will eventually lead to Economic failure. I will explain the 2 case later.
You're both right and wrong in this post, yes corruption leads to a waste of government resources but what you're not addressing is the root cause of it? Why would a British civil servant not steal to the extent of his Nigerian counter part? It's simply because the Nigerian society doesn't frown on it, and it's not that Nigerians think stealing is good but rather they're just too poor to stand up for what they believe.

If the economy was functioning and people had decent, secure, private sector jobs, they would challenge the political class but as long as you have a dysfunctional economy talking about tacking corruption is a waste of time. And as I've stated before we won't fix the economy until we cut down the powers of the labour unions.

Obviously I expect you to disagree and I'd appreciate if you could explain to me how you intend to tackle corruption in a country where the lower class are better off being pets of the upper and upper-middle class of society.

Last edited by nosa2; 2nd December 2012 at 06:39 AM.
Old 2nd December 2012, 08:37 AM
Points: 5,512, Level: 47 Points: 5,512, Level: 47 Points: 5,512, Level: 47

goldsun is on a distinguished road

Jaji Bombing: CDS Fires Commandant, Commander | Leadership Newspapers the military is showing GEJ leadership
Old 2nd December 2012, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsun View Post
So sacking people equals leadership.
Old 2nd December 2012, 11:59 AM
Points: 7,470, Level: 57 Points: 7,470, Level: 57 Points: 7,470, Level: 57
Activity: 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Groans: 3
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
netotse is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to netotse

Quote:
Classic case of attacking a strawman. IMO, holding people accountable for the things you put under their care shows leadership.
Old 2nd December 2012, 12:24 PM

Quote:
call it scapegoat, the next person will sit up because he knows his job is on the line.
Old 2nd December 2012, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by netotse View Post
Classic case of attacking a strawman. IMO, holding people accountable for the things you put under their care shows leadership.
no doubt
Old 2nd December 2012, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsun View Post
call it scapegoat, the next person will sit up because he knows his job is on the line.
Actually the next man would probably spend the next 3 months settling down so… If the former commandant was found wanting then by all means sack him but given the time frame involved I doubt a full investigation could have been conducted. So what we're most likely seeing is just the military playing to the gallery.
Old 2nd December 2012, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by netotse View Post
What ought to have been done is that there should have been an investigation carried out by the military police and if anyone was slacking they should have been arrested and charged under military law, if on the other hand there was a flaw in their security protocols then recommendations and subsequent adjustments should have been made to plug the hole. Unfortunately the military know that Nigerians like knee jerk reactions and have given them something to cheer, and if Mr. Goldsun's post is any indication, it's worked perfectly.
Old 2nd December 2012, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Actually the next man would probably spend the next 3 months settling down soˇ* If the former commandant was found wanting then by all means sack him but given the time frame involved I doubt a full investigation could have been conducted. So what we're most likely seeing is just the military playing to the gallery.
while you have a good point not relieving people their duty when things is going will make relax. Did read someone making this remark resently AND SO WHAT while refering to the president. Also there should be continuity is each office such that a new appointee will need much time to settle
Old 2nd December 2012, 01:03 PM
Points: 7,470, Level: 57 Points: 7,470, Level: 57 Points: 7,470, Level: 57
Activity: 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Groans: 3
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
netotse is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to netotse

Quote:
What ought to have been done is that there should have been an investigation carried out by the military police and if anyone was slacking they should have been arrested and charged under military law, if on the other hand there was a flaw in their security protocols then recommendations and subsequent adjustments should have been made to plug the hole. Unfortunately the military know that Nigerians like knee jerk reactions and have given them something to cheer, and if Mr. Goldsun's post is any indication, it's worked perfectly.
You have a point because of the we naija is, but If you ask me, the honourable thing for them to do would have been to resign even before the investigation, however we Nigerians are not very big on honour so they had to be sacked. That's how it's done world over.
Old 2nd December 2012, 01:22 PM

Quote:
forget about playing to gallery, we need to start holding people responsible for what happen underthem. Also no one is saying proper investigation should not be carried. BTW the head may even be complicit and he should give way for proper investigation

« odd world | - »