Go Back   StockMarketNigeria.com Forums > User Feeback, Suggestions, Comments > Off Topic

Off Topic Other topics not relevant to this website

Welcome to the StockMarketNigeria.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

View Poll Results: Should political posts be suspended temporarily?
Yes 5 26.32%
No 12 63.16%
Indifferent 2 10.53%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 2nd December 2012, 03:10 PM
Points: 39,494, Level: 100 Points: 39,494, Level: 100 Points: 39,494, Level: 100
Activity: 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Groans: 53
Groaned at 10 Times in 10 Posts
nosa2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to nosa2 Send a message via Skype™ to nosa2
Default Re: State of the Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsun View Post
forget about playing to gallery, we need to start holding people responsible for what happen underthem. Also no one is saying proper investigation should not be carried. BTW the head may even be complicit and he should give way for proper investigation
There is no perfect security system and to immediately say that the head is responsible simply because the system was breached is not only wrong it's actually reckless. It's very possible that the policy in Jaji is that certain cars aren't searched, or maybe women aren't searched (Abeg oracle no start speculation), basically they don't know exactly what happened and how. And now that they've sacked those incharge do they still expect their full cooperation? What if the commandant had been starved of funds thus things like CCTV weren't deployed or sections of the fence were broken and thos higher up fixed the money meant to repair the fence? Won't those liable be the people doing the sacking? We need to learn to do things methodically in this country and stop reacting like… Anyway that's why I like my committee president, he likes to setup committees to investigate before taking action.
Old 2nd December 2012, 03:36 PM
Points: 5,512, Level: 47 Points: 5,512, Level: 47 Points: 5,512, Level: 47
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
goldsun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosa2 View Post
There is no perfect security system and to immediately say that the head is responsible simply because the system was breached is not only wrong it's actually reckless. It's very possible that the policy in Jaji is that certain cars aren't searched, or maybe women aren't searched (Abeg oracle no start speculation), basically they don't know exactly what happened and how. And now that they've sacked those incharge do they still expect their full cooperation? What if the commandant had been starved of funds thus things like CCTV weren't deployed or sections of the fence were broken and thos higher up fixed the money meant to repair the fence? Won't those liable be the people doing the sacking? We need to learn to do things methodically in this country and stop reacting likeˇ* Anyway that's why I like my committee president, he likes to setup committees to investigate before taking action.
am sure you are kidding
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 2nd December 2012, 05:40 PM
Points: 39,494, Level: 100 Points: 39,494, Level: 100 Points: 39,494, Level: 100

Quote:
am sure you are kidding
No I'm not, it's better to be slow than to act on market place rumors
Old 2nd December 2012, 05:57 PM
Points: 5,512, Level: 47 Points: 5,512, Level: 47 Points: 5,512, Level: 47

goldsun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
No I'm not, it's better to be slow than to act on market place rumors
setting three successive committee without on the same issue and still no action
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 2nd December 2012, 07:23 PM

Quote:
setting three successive committee without on the same issue and still no action
And what issue might this be?
Old 2nd December 2012, 08:09 PM
Points: 3,122, Level: 34 Points: 3,122, Level: 34 Points: 3,122, Level: 34

dr dowell is on a distinguished road

Quote:
You're both right and wrong in this post, yes corruption leads to a waste of government resources but what you're not addressing is the root cause of it? Why would a British civil servant not steal to the extent of his Nigerian counter part? It's simply because the Nigerian society doesn't frown on it, and it's not that Nigerians think stealing is good but rather they're just too poor to stand up for what they believe.

If the economy was functioning and people had decent, secure, private sector jobs, they would challenge the political class but as long as you have a dysfunctional economy talking about tacking corruption is a waste of time. And as I've stated before we won't fix the economy until we cut down the powers of the labour unions.

Obviously I expect you to disagree and I'd appreciate if you could explain to me how you intend to tackle corruption in a country where the lower class are better off being pets of the upper and upper-middle class of society.
Talking about the causes of corruption. There are many but we will limite it to few that you just mentioned broadly. You talked of Poverty. This I totally agreed with you but not from the angle you think. I should think it is poverty of moral social value system rather than financial poverty. Why do I say so? If you have ever been to India for medical tourism you will understand the true colour of financial poverty and yet they are contended with what they have and they are few cases of stealing public fund compared to nigeria. (2) Poverty of national patriotism. There is clear case of hatred for our country by public servants. How can you steal from our country and take it away. This impoverish us the more an India man once told my Oga once that both nigerian and India are thieve, while the India steal outside and bring it into india to develop india the nigeria steal from Nigeria and take it outside to Impoverish our country. Today we can see the result India is far ahead of nigeria. (3) failure of justice/law system. Where justice is not done in cases people mind are tuned toward evil. I advocate that a law should be enacted that where a public servant is suspected to have falseful enriched himself while in office such should be confiscated and returned to the state and such a person serve prison term to serve as a deterant to others. Having said so how do we solve corruption in our country. We should bear in mind that corruption has eaten deep into the fabric. of the country and will take effort and time to remove however the good news is that it can be removed. I advocate strengthen of the justice system of the country.(2) introduction of moral instruction and reward for moral values in our school system at least to preserve our younger generation. The anti corruption agencies should be given more power and headed by people with integrity and Good standing in the society. Moreover the Good work of anti corruption crusade by NOI in cubing corruption in oil subsidy should be commended. Other people who have done similar things should be commended too. Labour reaction to the government policy is as a result of lack of trust in government and should not be killed.
Old 2nd December 2012, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr dowell View Post
Talking about the causes of corruption. There are many but we will limite it to few that you just mentioned broadly. You talked of Poverty. This I totally agreed with you but not from the angle you think. I should think it is poverty of moral social value system rather than financial poverty. Why do I say so? If you have ever been to India for medical tourism you will understand the true colour of financial poverty and yet they are contended with what they have and they are few cases of stealing public fund compared to nigeria. (2) Poverty of national patriotism. There is clear case of hatred for our country by public servants. How can you steal from our country and take it away. This impoverish us the more an India man once told my Oga once that both nigerian and India are thieve, while the India steal outside and bring it into india to develop india the nigeria steal from Nigeria and take it outside to Impoverish our country. Today we can see the result India is far ahead of nigeria. (3) failure of justice/law system. Where justice is not done in cases people mind are tuned toward evil. I advocate that a law should be enacted that where a public servant is suspected to have falseful enriched himself while in office such should be confiscated and returned to the state and such a person serve prison term to serve as a deterant to others. Having said so how do we solve corruption in our country. We should bear in mind that corruption has eaten deep into the fabric. of the country and will take effort and time to remove however the good news is that it can be removed. I advocate strengthen of the justice system of the country.(2) introduction of moral instruction and reward for moral values in our school system at least to preserve our younger generation. The anti corruption agencies should be given more power and headed by people with integrity and Good standing in the society. Moreover the Good work of anti corruption crusade by NOI in cubing corruption in oil subsidy should be commended. Other people who have done similar things should be commended too. Labour reaction to the government policy is as a result of lack of trust in government and should not be killed.
It'd be wrong for me to say that I disagree with your entire post but to be honest with you I disagree with your stand. You think people are capable of making sound moral decisions when faced with harsh economic conditions while I think they'll always vote with their stomach. Another thing that strikes me is that you use India as some sort of "model society" when the reality is that India is probably just as corrupt as Nigeria is. Your concept of "financial patriotism" is, to put it mildly, old fashioned and you fail to realize that people would invest where every they feel safest both legally and financially.

In fact I think the only part I agree with is that NOI is doing a good job and it's clear to me that our views on corruption and it's causes are so different that continuing this discussion/argument would be a futile exercise. So you vote for a govt that supports your opinions and I'll vote mine
Old 2nd December 2012, 11:16 PM

Quote:
It'd be wrong for me to say that I disagree with your entire post but to be honest with you I disagree with your stand. You think people are capable of making sound moral decisions when faced with harsh economic conditions while I think they'll always vote with their stomach. Another thing that strikes me is that you use India as some sort of "model society" when the reality is that India is probably just as corrupt as Nigeria is. Your concept of "financial patriotism" is, to put it mildly, old fashioned and you fail to realize that people would invest where every they feel safest both legally and financially.

In fact I think the only part I agree with is that NOI is doing a good job and it's clear to me that our views on corruption and it's causes are so different that continuing this discussion/argument would be a futile exercise. So you vote for a govt that supports your opinions and I'll vote mine
The good thing about SMN is that it brings different idea toward a particular issue which I believe should lead to cross pollination of Ideas and stronger and better perception of Issues. However to have the spices of life, retention of individual character has to be encouraged.
Old 3rd December 2012, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr dowell View Post
The good thing about SMN is that it brings different idea toward a particular issue which I believe should lead to cross pollination of Ideas and stronger and better perception of Issues. However to have the spices of life, retention of individual character has to be encouraged.
Hmm… what do you think I've learnt from you?
Old 3rd December 2012, 01:10 AM

Quote:
May be I am wrong, I use to think that SMN forum is for public viewing and not only for one?
Old 3rd December 2012, 02:49 AM
Forum Moderator
Points: 84,273, Level: 100 Points: 84,273, Level: 100 Points: 84,273, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
hispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nice

PDP frets over Jonathan's feud with Obasanjo - The Punch - Nigeria's Most Widely Read Newspaper
Old 3rd December 2012, 02:50 AM
Forum Moderator
Points: 84,273, Level: 100 Points: 84,273, Level: 100 Points: 84,273, Level: 100

hispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nice

VIP Ex-Convicts Still on National Honours List - Presidential Directive on George, Ibru, Others Ignored
Old 3rd December 2012, 02:52 AM
Forum Moderator

Ibori loot: London police to testify against Babalakin - The Punch - Nigeria's Most Widely Read Newspaper
Old 3rd December 2012, 02:53 AM
Forum Moderator

Reps summon Okonjo-Iweala, Okogu over N4.9bn audit budget - The Punch - Nigeria's Most Widely Read Newspaper
Old 3rd December 2012, 01:12 PM
Points: 16,474, Level: 82 Points: 16,474, Level: 82 Points: 16,474, Level: 82
Activity: 37%
Activity: 37% Activity: 37% Activity: 37%

Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
emmanuel ewumi is on a distinguished road

“Labaran Maku, Most Corrupt Federal Minister” – Presidency | 247 Nigeria News Update
Old 3rd December 2012, 01:14 PM
Points: 4,850, Level: 44 Points: 4,850, Level: 44 Points: 4,850, Level: 44
Activity: 40%
Activity: 40% Activity: 40% Activity: 40%

Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Born 2be rich is on a distinguished road

Nigeria Loses $500m Annually to European, American Universities, Articles | THISDAY LIVE

I can just imagine the little we can achieve if this money was gained in this country via the educational sector annually.

"This country will not be a permanently good place for any of us to live in unless we make it a reasonably good place for all of us to live in."...Theodore Roosevelt
Old 3rd December 2012, 01:25 PM

I’m worth more than all the assets mentioned in my father’s Will – Ojukwu’s Son | 247 Nigeria News Update
Old 3rd December 2012, 01:49 PM

Two feared dead in early morning bomb blast In Kano | 247 Nigeria News Update
Old 3rd December 2012, 02:02 PM
Forum Moderator
Points: 26,707, Level: 97 Points: 26,707, Level: 97 Points: 26,707, Level: 97
Activity: 70%
Activity: 70% Activity: 70% Activity: 70%

Groaned at 17 Times in 17 Posts
Oracle is on a distinguished road

This Slyvester guy is funny. At his age, he is still depending on his father's will. Why can't he carve his own path. Must he depend on inheritance??? Get busy man!
Old 3rd December 2012, 02:04 PM
Forum Moderator
Points: 26,707, Level: 97 Points: 26,707, Level: 97 Points: 26,707, Level: 97
Activity: 70%
Activity: 70% Activity: 70% Activity: 70%

Groaned at 17 Times in 17 Posts
Oracle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
...At least you now know his name!

That is something!

« Sports Matters | - »