Go Back   StockMarketNigeria.com Forums > User Feeback, Suggestions, Comments > Off Topic

Off Topic Other topics not relevant to this website

Welcome to the StockMarketNigeria.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

View Poll Results: Should political posts be suspended temporarily?
Yes 5 26.32%
No 12 63.16%
Indifferent 2 10.53%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 17th December 2012, 03:52 PM
Points: 7,586, Level: 58 Points: 7,586, Level: 58 Points: 7,586, Level: 58
Activity: 95%
Activity: 95% Activity: 95% Activity: 95%

Groans: 1
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Dicobody is on a distinguished road
Default Re: State of the Nation

Boko Haram wants to attack me – Suswam – The Nation
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 17th December 2012, 04:17 PM

Oranyan festival: Ooni is ignorant, says Alaafin
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 17th December 2012, 04:24 PM

Yuletide: Abia Police suspends all officers’ leave
Old 17th December 2012, 05:35 PM
Points: 7,841, Level: 59 Points: 7,841, Level: 59 Points: 7,841, Level: 59
Activity: 22%
Activity: 22% Activity: 22% Activity: 22%

Groans: 0
manemi is on a distinguished road

Yakowa: Kaduna’s Delicate Dance | Nigeria Intel

GEJ made some noise about nationality, that is being a Nigerian, replacing State and Local Government indigeneship. Does anyone know if that angle is being vigorously pursued in the constitution review?
Old 17th December 2012, 06:35 PM
Forum Moderator
Points: 80,707, Level: 100 Points: 80,707, Level: 100 Points: 80,707, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
hispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by manemi View Post
I was on an Abuja to Lagos flight last week when the pilot welcomed on board one of the governors just before take-off. I doubled my prayers!
hmmm....u sure say no be u dem welcome
Old 17th December 2012, 06:37 PM
Points: 11,448, Level: 70 Points: 11,448, Level: 70 Points: 11,448, Level: 70
Activity: 31%
Activity: 31% Activity: 31% Activity: 31%

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
bivins1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by waaan5 View Post
Broses, make una no vex for my late revert! This weekend has been traumatic. Was in SS on 15th morning to come back to Abuja same day with some of the victims of the chopper crash. It was with disbelief their names had to be unboarded from our Arik 6pm flight to Abuja. Such is life though. May God comfort us all and help us to always be prepared cos of the brevity of life.

On 2013, must we be in opposition Isnt it better to provide support and good governance advice to those already in the position of influence, for the common good? Pls educate me. Respects
Bros I dey for ground since friday but na after 2 days you answer me say make i get up. I no vex because you be Area Father ,secondly because of the events that took place in the weekend. I commiserate and sympathize with all Nigerians and thirdly because its the season.
As to your question as to whether we must be in opposition, it depends on what is on ground . I will give my support to anybody who knows what he or she is doing as long as you have clear cut programs, strategies and goals .
Therein lies the problem.
The greatest problem with the polity Nigeria is we have had accidental leaders one too many. None of them is prepared for the job to lead so at the end of the day, when they get into power, they are clueless, they find out the problems are more complex than they imagined and they start taking advice from left , right and centre and it usually comes at a price
You can give support to somebody ho doesn't know what to do . Somebody who is indecisive, somebody who cannot take a decision . Is GEJ a bad guy, the answer is NO. Is he qualified to rule the nation ? from deputy Governor to vice president to president .Did he have any kind of preparation for the job ?
its not just enough to whip empathy from being shoeless to becoming the president, the question is are you prepared, well grounded, know what the problems are and be ready to take the decision after sifting through numerous advice and be sure you have taken the right decision
We are in a situation where opinions are divided today because We as a people don't just like to tell the truth. Once our bread are buttered, we just join the bandwagon of singing praises to who ever is in power.
The implication is that a larger part of the society are very poor both mentally and physically and in a situation like that, its difficult to take a decision . The question I always ask is will anybody on this forum go and burst a pipeline because he thinks he can make a fortune? Will anybody in this forum become a boko haramist because he thinks he will make heaven?
The answer is NO.The only reason they do that is because of poverty. when you are poor and you become mentally enslaved, you become desperate and you will do anything for whoever provides a source of livelihood for you.
Their mindset is very different and the only way to change that is to try and understand their mindset and try and change it, empower them .
We use to think we are a very rich country but again if you put our population into consideration and depending on oil alone, it doesn't make us rich. The more reason why a leader should be very aware of the problems and come with a definite plan . We are a blessed country and we have a lot of areas the Government has not even tapped into.
The event in the weekend should at least be a turning point for any responsible Government . Its not that the Governor was flying straight to Kaduna. He was going to Port harcourt . If we had our priorities right , Would we be flying at any given opportunities? If the roads were in good shape, would it not be nice to see the scenery and the beautiful landscape we have been endowed with? This is the second Governor being involved in an air mishap and counting, This should send a very strong message but I know my people, We never learn . The truth of the matter is nobody is safe when you make life unbearable and unnecessarily difficult , when you enrich some people at the detriment of the masses. Like Japheth omojuwa stated in one of his recent article and i quote 'If the transformation of the land does not transform the lives of the common man, those who tell lies of transformation should keep their tears within their eyes when the street comes looking to unleash bloody justice.
Jonathan had everything to turn this country around but we realize he got to where he is because he had a lot of protection from certain powerful people and so cannot take decisions without the approval of these people
We were all very happy with the power reforms but where are we today? He was so quick to do away with Barth Nnaji but we have worse people who he cannot do without . Mannitoba contract will be cancelled today and the next day , we hear it has not. Which way Nigeria .Dont let me disturb the perfect peace of sonny okosun . We are watching
Old 17th December 2012, 06:56 PM
Points: 40,736, Level: 100 Points: 40,736, Level: 100 Points: 40,736, Level: 100
Activity: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Salida is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salida View Post
By first demanding the resignation of the CME, this shows that there might be some political undertones or fuel subsidy related players behind the scene.
Nigerian minister says mother kidnapped over fuel subsidy | Reuters
Old 17th December 2012, 11:59 PM
Forum Moderator
Points: 15,461, Level: 80 Points: 15,461, Level: 80 Points: 15,461, Level: 80
Activity: 14%
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

waaan5 will become famous soon enough

Where is oga Eni? He talked am from the get go!

See who were really benefiting from the fuel subsidy 'occupations'. It was for the cabal to continue to feed fat on the rest of nigerians. No wonder oga Nosa was for the full removal of the subsidy thing. I think that is the right thing to do now before they start killing people to sustain fuel subsidy. Need to curb these guys before it degenerates to what is happening now in Mexico.
Old 18th December 2012, 12:13 AM
Forum Moderator
Points: 15,461, Level: 80 Points: 15,461, Level: 80 Points: 15,461, Level: 80
Activity: 14%
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

waaan5 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivins1 View Post
Bros I dey for ground since friday but na after 2 days you answer me say make i get up. I no vex because you be Area Father ,secondly because of the events that took place in the weekend. I commiserate and sympathize with all Nigerians and thirdly because its the season.
As to your question as to whether we must be in opposition, it depends on what is on ground . I will give my support to anybody who knows what he or she is doing as long as you have clear cut programs, strategies and goals .
Therein lies the problem.
The greatest problem with the polity Nigeria is we have had accidental leaders one too many. None of them is prepared for the job to lead so at the end of the day, when they get into power, they are clueless, they find out the problems are more complex than they imagined and they start taking advice from left , right and centre and it usually comes at a price
You can give support to somebody ho doesn't know what to do . Somebody who is indecisive, somebody who cannot take a decision . Is GEJ a bad guy, the answer is NO. Is he qualified to rule the nation ? from deputy Governor to vice president to president .Did he have any kind of preparation for the job ?
its not just enough to whip empathy from being shoeless to becoming the president, the question is are you prepared, well grounded, know what the problems are and be ready to take the decision after sifting through numerous advice and be sure you have taken the right decision
We are in a situation where opinions are divided today because We as a people don't just like to tell the truth. Once our bread are buttered, we just join the bandwagon of singing praises to who ever is in power.
The implication is that a larger part of the society are very poor both mentally and physically and in a situation like that, its difficult to take a decision . The question I always ask is will anybody on this forum go and burst a pipeline because he thinks he can make a fortune? Will anybody in this forum become a boko haramist because he thinks he will make heaven?
The answer is NO.The only reason they do that is because of poverty. when you are poor and you become mentally enslaved, you become desperate and you will do anything for whoever provides a source of livelihood for you.
Their mindset is very different and the only way to change that is to try and understand their mindset and try and change it, empower them .
We use to think we are a very rich country but again if you put our population into consideration and depending on oil alone, it doesn't make us rich. The more reason why a leader should be very aware of the problems and come with a definite plan . We are a blessed country and we have a lot of areas the Government has not even tapped into.
The event in the weekend should at least be a turning point for any responsible Government . Its not that the Governor was flying straight to Kaduna. He was going to Port harcourt . If we had our priorities right , Would we be flying at any given opportunities? If the roads were in good shape, would it not be nice to see the scenery and the beautiful landscape we have been endowed with? This is the second Governor being involved in an air mishap and counting, This should send a very strong message but I know my people, We never learn . The truth of the matter is nobody is safe when you make life unbearable and unnecessarily difficult , when you enrich some people at the detriment of the masses. Like Japheth omojuwa stated in one of his recent article and i quote 'If the transformation of the land does not transform the lives of the common man, those who tell lies of transformation should keep their tears within their eyes when the street comes looking to unleash bloody justice.
Jonathan had everything to turn this country around but we realize he got to where he is because he had a lot of protection from certain powerful people and so cannot take decisions without the approval of these people
We were all very happy with the power reforms but where are we today? He was so quick to do away with Barth Nnaji but we have worse people who he cannot do without . Mannitoba contract will be cancelled today and the next day , we hear it has not. Which way Nigeria .Dont let me disturb the perfect peace of sonny okosun . We are watching
True talk my oga. But majority of our so called 'accidental' leaders were actually compromise candidates thrown up after intense power struggles. And those who we think are prepared to lead, maybe just determined egoists agling for opportunity to self aggrandize. So where it leads is just to shine ones eyes very well before jumping into any bandwaggon. This is nigeria
Old 18th December 2012, 12:27 AM
Forum Moderator
Points: 80,707, Level: 100 Points: 80,707, Level: 100 Points: 80,707, Level: 100

hispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nice

Quote:
Where is oga Eni? He talked am from the get go!

See who were really benefiting from the fuel subsidy 'occupations'. It was for the cabal to continue to feed fat on the rest of nigerians. No wonder oga Nosa was for the full removal of the subsidy thing. I think that is the right thing to do now before they start killing people to sustain fuel subsidy. Need to curb these guys before it degenerates to what is happening now in Mexico.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eniyanman View Post
Yes, me sef tire.. Hopefully this weekend nah...*we must meet NOI & DAM...the deal must happen*...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bivins1 View Post
Leave am to me...*I go call DAM 090 number* Sunday preferably. *I go conference you in*
you no see as bros Eni and Bivins code as dem go partake in the subsidy "bonanza for a few"
Old 18th December 2012, 12:31 AM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Broses, make una no vex for my late revert! This weekend has been traumatic. Was in SS on 15th morning to come back to Abuja same day with some of the victims of the chopper crash. It was with disbelief their names had to be unboarded from our Arik 6pm flight to Abuja. Such is life though. May God comfort us all and help us to always be prepared cos of the brevity of life.

On 2013, must we be in opposition Isnt it better to provide support and good governance advice to those already in the position of influence, for the common good? Pls educate me. Respects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
Bros, you no be small man o. I'm in dobale mode. Please un-dobale me!
bros, why u tink say our oga name get $$$? Even Dangote na just Dangote..oga Waaan5 na Wan$$$5
Old 18th December 2012, 03:20 AM
Forum Moderator

Helicopter crashed on 15th trip of the day - Source - The Punch - Nigeria's Most Widely Read Newspaper
Old 18th December 2012, 03:21 AM
Forum Moderator

How Ajimobi won 2011 Oyo gov poll - Tokyo - The Punch - Nigeria's Most Widely Read Newspaper
Old 18th December 2012, 03:22 AM
Forum Moderator

Faroukgate: Reps panel fails to meet report deadline - The Punch - Nigeria's Most Widely Read Newspaper
Old 18th December 2012, 03:23 AM
Forum Moderator

UNIABUJA graduates students with multiple carryovers - Panel - The Punch - Nigeria's Most Widely Read Newspaper
Old 18th December 2012, 03:25 AM
Forum Moderator

How SSS agents held me hostage at home - PUNCHman - The Punch - Nigeria's Most Widely Read Newspaper
Old 18th December 2012, 03:27 AM
Forum Moderator

Lagos Sacks 174 LASTMA Officers for Fraud, Extortion, Articles | THISDAY LIVE
Old 18th December 2012, 03:58 AM
Forum Moderator

PDP: We’re Not Bothered by Opposition Parties Merger Bid, Articles | THISDAY LIVE
Old 18th December 2012, 04:49 AM
Forum Moderator

Uwais: Political Interests Killed My Report, Articles | THISDAY LIVE
Old 18th December 2012, 04:53 AM
Forum Moderator

Four Charged in UK for Bribing Nigerian Officials over Tax, Articles | THISDAY LIVE