Go Back   StockMarketNigeria.com Forums > User Feeback, Suggestions, Comments > Off Topic

Off Topic Other topics not relevant to this website

Welcome to the StockMarketNigeria.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

View Poll Results: Should political posts be suspended temporarily?
Yes 5 26.32%
No 12 63.16%
Indifferent 2 10.53%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 24th December 2012, 04:59 AM
Forum Moderator
Points: 83,215, Level: 100 Points: 83,215, Level: 100 Points: 83,215, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
hispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nice
Default Re: State of the Nation

Adeyemi: Govs Bent on Derailing Constitution Review, Articles | THISDAY LIVE
Old 24th December 2012, 05:11 AM
Forum Moderator
Points: 83,215, Level: 100 Points: 83,215, Level: 100 Points: 83,215, Level: 100

hispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nice

JAF accuses Lagos police of kidnapping - The Punch - Nigeria's Most Widely Read Newspaper
Old 24th December 2012, 05:12 AM
Forum Moderator

No warrant of arrest for Odimegwu - Population commission - The Punch - Nigeria's Most Widely Read Newspaper
Old 24th December 2012, 05:28 AM
Forum Moderator

Kidnappers called us bad market - Koreans - The Punch - Nigeria's Most Widely Read Newspaper
Old 24th December 2012, 05:30 AM
Forum Moderator

FG begins work on 10 new rail lines - The Punch - Nigeria's Most Widely Read Newspaper
Old 24th December 2012, 05:39 AM
Forum Moderator

Islamist group claims kidnap of French national in Nigeria | Reuters
Old 24th December 2012, 09:49 AM
Points: 11,151, Level: 69 Points: 11,151, Level: 69 Points: 11,151, Level: 69
Activity: 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Waves will become famous soon enough

Naivety and statecraft

''.....Most Nigerians when they voted overwhelmingly for him in 2011 were aware of that Goodluck Jonathan weakness, but they hoped that once he won a substantive presidential election on his own merit, he would rise to the occasion and express the powers of his office......"

How can an educated and enlightened individual think like this? Was GEJ not an Acting President before his election?
Old 24th December 2012, 09:50 AM
Points: 4,502, Level: 42 Points: 4,502, Level: 42 Points: 4,502, Level: 42
Activity: 15%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Born 2be rich is on a distinguished road

Anything chinko is always cheap thats why...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 24th December 2012, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waves View Post
Naivety and statecraft

''.....Most Nigerians when they voted overwhelmingly for him in 2011 were aware of that Goodluck Jonathan weakness, but they hoped that once he won a substantive presidential election on his own merit, he would rise to the occasion and express the powers of his office......"

How can an educated and enlightened individual think like this? Was GEJ not an Acting President before his election?

People never suspected that GEJ will be this bereft of ideas. People voted for him for what they thought he could do and the need for change. They did not vote for PDP but for him; although the same people that reposed confidence in him are now castigating him for ineptitude. People will judge you by the way you speak, by the way you act, and by the way you write. Clearly, GEJ has since inception demonstrated a not fit for purpose leadership in the conduct of affairs of the nation. He has not shown charisma and no demonstrable confidence. Decisions are delayed and wrong most often. He has never got anything right. If GEJ doesn’t want to solve the problems alone he must show leadership by example. The eyes of the people are wide open to what is going on in Nigeria. He said he had no shoe, now he has shoes; he’s still not helping millions of others who don’t have shoes. Governance is about people’s welfares as they have subscribed their existence and resources together to be managed by some people through good and purposeful allocations of resources to meet their desired aspirations.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 24th December 2012, 10:47 AM
Points: 6,898, Level: 54 Points: 6,898, Level: 54 Points: 6,898, Level: 54
Activity: 19%
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%

Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
overload is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2be rich View Post
People never suspected that GEJ will be this bereft of ideas. People voted for him for what they thought he could do and the need for change. They did not vote for PDP but for him; although the same people that reposed confidence in him are now castigating him for ineptitude. People will judge you by the way you speak, by the way you act, and by the way you write. Clearly, GEJ has since inception demonstrated a not fit for purpose leadership in the conduct of affairs of the nation. He has not shown charisma and no demonstrable confidence. Decisions are delayed and wrong most often. He has never got anything right. If GEJ doesn’t want to solve the problems alone he must show leadership by example. The eyes of the people are wide open to what is going on in Nigeria. He said he had no shoe, now he has shoes; he’s still not helping millions of others who don’t have shoes. Governance is about people’s welfares as they have subscribed their existence and resources together to be managed by some people through good and purposeful allocations of resources to meet their desired aspirations.
I beg to disagree with this post. Who told you that people didnt know what they were voting for? they voted for sentiments most especially in the south east and south south...Many including my own mother voted for him cos he was a 'christian" and noting else. Today she still regrets ever voting on that day. Many knew his antecedents as a deputy Govenor, govenor and VICE PRESIDENT, yet we were asking for luck
Old 24th December 2012, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by overload View Post
I beg to disagree with this post. Who told you that people didnt know what they were voting for? they voted for sentiments most especially in the south east and south south...Many including my own mother voted for him cos he was a 'christian" and noting else. Today she still regrets ever voting on that day. Many knew his antecedents as a deputy Govenor, govenor and VICE PRESIDENT, yet we were asking for luck

Oga overload, from my previous post, i stated that people voted for him for what they thought he could do and the need for change...Never said people didnt know who they were voting for..

So many people voted for him for many reason: out of sentiments, religion, ethnic group, and a need for change (but majority voted out of sentiments)...

I wholly voted for Jonathan becos of the need for change in this country(one of my biggest mistakes though) but now everybody that voted for Jonathan for whatever reason has discovered that he has no leadership quality at all.

I've been wondering why he could not handle boko haram despite the soldiers dat nigeria have.

I don't think nigerians will vote out of sentiment again, i pray that God give us a good president that will rule and take us to the promised land...

However, the big question is: who is capable enough to take us to the promised land?
Old 24th December 2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Oga overload, from my previous post, i stated that people voted for him for what they thought he could do and the need for change...Never said people didnt know who they were voting for..

So many people voted for him for many reason: out of sentiments, religion, ethnic group, and a need for change (but majority voted out of sentiments)...

I wholly voted for Jonathan becos of the need for change in this country(one of my biggest mistakes though) but now everybody that voted for Jonathan for whatever reason has discovered that he has no leadership quality at all.

I've been wondering why he could not handle boko haram despite the soldiers dat nigeria have.

I don't think nigerians will vote out of sentiment again, i pray that God give us a good president that will rule and take us to the promised land...

However, the big question is: who is capable enough to take us to the promised land?
This is one of the reasons why i suggested we should rethink how we conduct our democracy. Perfectly rational people are making very irrational decisions. For one whole year as Acting President, we were given sneak preview of GEJ potential performance as President. Yet very normal educated people decided to ignore that and imagine something different. I can understand people not voting for Buhari, but to this day, i cannot understand how many rationale, patriotic and God fearing Nigerians voted for GEJ over Ribadu. It does not make sense. All this "I voted for GEJ not PDP' is simply 'Confirmation Bias'.
Old 24th December 2012, 11:24 AM
Points: 6,898, Level: 54 Points: 6,898, Level: 54 Points: 6,898, Level: 54
Activity: 19%
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%

Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
overload is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Dont worry, 2015 is just around the corner, hoping by that time we will all see the people justling around for our votes and hopefully we will make a good choice then.
Old 24th December 2012, 11:39 AM

PUNCH INTERVIEW: Let's Tax Big Business Churches—Falana | Sahara Reporters

".....There is nothing religious in those centres of commerce. It is so bad that the children of poor members of the congregation, who are even exceptionally brilliant, are driven away from such institutions on ground of poverty. My wife was on the board of one of those universities. She pleaded that the children of the poor be given scholarship or made to pay substantially reduced fees. She was asked not to bring radicalism to the church. She had to withdraw from the board......."

Hmmmmmmmm
Old 24th December 2012, 12:00 PM

Quote:
This is one of the reasons why i suggested we should rethink how we conduct our democracy. Perfectly rational people are making very irrational decisions. For one whole year as Acting President, we were given sneak preview of GEJ potential performance as President. Yet very normal educated people decided to ignore that and imagine something different. I can understand people not voting for Buhari, but to this day, i cannot understand how many rationale, patriotic and God fearing Nigerians voted for GEJ over Ribadu. It does not make sense. All this "I voted for GEJ not PDP' is simply 'Confirmation Bias'.

But Buhari has not really stated his plans or agenda for this country even till now...

However, the reason i didnt vote for ribadu was simply because of Tinubu whom the same ribadu accused of fraud was now his compaign God father...

How will he run this country effectlively with all these old goons still hanging around....
Old 24th December 2012, 12:14 PM

Quote:
But Buhari has not really stated his plans or agenda for this country even till now...

However, the reason i didnt vote for ribadu was simply because of Tinubu whom the same ribadu accused of fraud was now his compaign God father...

How will he run this country effectlively with all these old goons still hanging around....
For Buhari, his party's Manifesto is available Our Commitment to Nigeria « Buhari4Change : Official Website for Buhari/Bakare 2011 Campaign

Democracy is all about choices........sometimes you have to choose the lesser evil. Obviously, you convinced yourself that a corrupt Tinubu with a fair Ribadu could do worse than what PDP had done in the preceeding 12 years to 2011.
Old 24th December 2012, 12:55 PM

Quote:
For Buhari, his party's Manifesto is available Our Commitment to Nigeria « Buhari4Change : Official Website for Buhari/Bakare 2011 Campaign

Democracy is all about choices........sometimes you have to choose the lesser evil. Obviously, you convinced yourself that a corrupt Tinubu with a fair Ribadu could do worse than what PDP had done in the preceeding 12 years to 2011.

Thanks for the manifesto, although very few people has seen this before...

One more question though: this issue of boko haram been used by buhari at the moment, dont you think it will affect his 2015 ambition greatly?.

Then on the issue of ribadu, i always see ribadu as someone that always ends up been used by the so called God father..e.g During Yarudua tenure he was sent to study a course and then relieved of his duties...The same ribadu was used by GEJ as the subsidy fraud chairman only to describe his report as rubbish...So what stops tinubu from using ribadu fully for his puppet show or merri go round plan..
Old 24th December 2012, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Dont worry, 2015 is just around the corner, hoping by that time we will all see the people justling around for our votes and hopefully we will make a good choice then.

True...but as long as the same old cons are hovering around it will be a difficult one...2015 don dey close sha....Broda Jona you better wake up o..
Old 24th December 2012, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the manifesto, although very few people has seen this before...

One more question though: this issue of boko haram been used by buhari at the moment, dont you think it will affect his 2015 ambition greatly?.

Then on the issue of ribadu, i always see ribadu as someone that always ends up been used by the so called God father..e.g During Yarudua tenure he was sent to study a course and then relieved of his duties...The same ribadu was used by GEJ as the subsidy fraud chairman only to describe his report as rubbish...So what stops tinubu from using ribadu fully for his puppet show or merri go round plan..
I don't understand this. All i can see is a desperate attempt by Buhari's opponents and some elements of BH (by nominating his as a mediator) to link the man with the activities of BH. If they succed, it will harm his chances in 2015 assuming he intends to contest.

The Sun News The SUN exclusive: Buhari bares it all

"....I also thought women ought to have taken more interest in me but I don’t know why they didn’t. I must have something they didn’t like. I assure you of that. I didn’t drink, I smoked, I had girlfriends; it was true....."

The man is just a regular guy.
Old 24th December 2012, 01:08 PM
Points: 4,644, Level: 43 Points: 4,644, Level: 43 Points: 4,644, Level: 43
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

dr.abrahamb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
True...but as long as the same old cons are hovering around it will be a difficult one...2015 don dey close sha....Broda Jona you better wake up o..
If no credible person comes up, lets be the first country to declare a mass-action sit-at-home on election day. If forced or coerced to vote, then we intentionally vote on the 'line' separating 2 different party logos (voided votes). We are tired of these old cons abeg. Na who Nigeria offend abeg?

But first and foremost, NASS must pass a law that voids any election with less than 25% of the country's population as valid votes.

« Sports Matters | - »