StockMarketNigeria.com Forums

StockMarketNigeria.com Forums (http://www.stockmarketnigeria.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic (http://www.stockmarketnigeria.com/forums/off-topic/)
-   -   World Politics (http://www.stockmarketnigeria.com/forums/off-topic/3025-world-politics.html)

Ighodalojob 9th April 2011 08:30 PM

World Politics

DailyLit: Democracy in America, Book One: Preview: 1

Ighodalojob 9th April 2011 08:31 PM

Re: World Politics

DailyLit: Democracy in America, Book Two: Preview: 1

Ighodalojob 9th April 2011 08:32 PM

DailyLit: On the Duty of Civil Disobedience: Preview: 1

Ighodalojob 9th April 2011 08:40 PM

BBC News - Ivory Coast: Gbagbo troops 'hit' Ouattara hotel HQ

Salida 1st May 2011 08:52 AM

Gadhafi Escapes Missile Strike, Son Killed, Articles | THISDAY LIVE

Oracle 1st May 2011 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salida (Post 96469)

But this guy had been killed in the attacks during NATO early campaign. It was even rumoured on CNN and Mrs Clinton commented on it.

Was it another of his child that was killed again?

ejemaim 1st May 2011 08:53 PM

Barack Obama takes revenge on Donald Trump in White House speech - Telegraph

hispy99 2nd May 2011 04:35 AM

Osama bin Laden, the face of terror, killed in Pakistan - CNN.com

pumping 2nd May 2011 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hispy99 (Post 96550)

Finally, America, finally. God bless America (and Nigeria too) and continue to console those that lost loved ones during the September 11 massacre.

Oracle 2nd May 2011 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hispy99 (Post 96550)

It is a great news for the world. Though a DNA test would need to be done first (using tissues from his family members) to confirm that he is really the one. Cos callous men like this can have look-alikes.

horlads 2nd May 2011 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oracle (Post 96565)
It is a great news for the world. Though a DNA test would need to be done first (using tissues from his family members) to confirm that he is really the one. Cos callous men like this can have look-alikes.

I guess the DNA test has been done already before the announcement was made. He has since been buried according to Islamic rites...A big win for the war against terrorism. To be honest, I dove my hat for the guy for being able to evade America for 10 years...The guy na bad guy...

manemi 2nd May 2011 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horlads (Post 96567)
I guess the DNA test has been done already before the announcement was made. He has since been buried according to Islamic rites...A big win for the war against terrorism. To be honest, I dove my hat for the guy for being able to evade America for 10 years...The guy na bad guy...

Are you sure he has been buried? I just saw a speech by Obama saying that the US has taken custody of the body.

horlads 2nd May 2011 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manemi (Post 96568)
Are you sure he has been buried? I just saw a speech by Obama saying that the US has taken custody of the body.

Well, a U.S top official claims he has been buried at sea....

U.S. forces kill elusive terror figure Osama bin Laden in Pakistan

I quote:

"Today, at my direction, the United States launched a targeted operation against that compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan," Obama said. "A small team of Americans carried out the operation with extraordinary courage and capability. No Americans were harmed. They took care to avoid civilian casualties. After a firefight, they killed Osama bin Laden and took custody of his body."
A congressional source familiar with the operation said bin Laden was shot in the head.
A U.S. official told CNN that bin Laden was buried at sea. The official said his body was handled in the Islamic tradition, but did not elaborate.
Half a world away, the scene outside the White House was one of pure jubilation."

Well, i'll take the story with a pinch of salt because of the way the stuff was done in a rush..i wonder if they conducted a DNA at all...It might just be a look alike of him...

Anyway, If no be Osama dem kill, I trust the guy to send a video footage to Al-Jazeera in the next couple of days discussing U.S claims that they have killed him...

Oracle 2nd May 2011 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horlads (Post 96570)
Well, a U.S top official claims he has been buried at sea....

U.S. forces kill elusive terror figure Osama bin Laden in Pakistan

I quote:

"Today, at my direction, the United States launched a targeted operation against that compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan," Obama said. "A small team of Americans carried out the operation with extraordinary courage and capability. No Americans were harmed. They took care to avoid civilian casualties. After a firefight, they killed Osama bin Laden and took custody of his body."
A congressional source familiar with the operation said bin Laden was shot in the head.
A U.S. official told CNN that bin Laden was buried at sea. The official said his body was handled in the Islamic tradition, but did not elaborate.
Half a world away, the scene outside the White House was one of pure jubilation."

Well, i'll take the story with a pinch of salt because of the way the stuff was done in a rush..i wonder if they conducted a DNA at all...It might just be a look alike of him...

Anyway, If no be Osama dem kill, I trust the guy to send a video footage to Al-Jazeera in the next couple of days discussing U.S claims that they have killed him...

Oga Manemi is correct. They said US in custody of the body. That does't mean burial.

And for someone that had tormented US and the world like he did, I don't think he will be buried that fast. That guy will be mummified and kept in a secret chamber for study.

ejemaim 2nd May 2011 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horlads (Post 96567)

On the contrary i think the war on terror has just begun. It is a great step forward but this war cannot be won with "carnal weapons of warfare" vis a vis missiles and guns.
The war is a war of the mind. A great deal of Arabs support his cause. I'm particularly concerned that "matyr" figure may have been created.
One of my facebook "friends", a Nigerian, posted an article on his page extolling the legacy of the late Osama. You need to see the comments that followed.
I really believe that education and re-orientation has a key role to play in this war otherwise i dont understand how some Nigerian will relate biblical Moses and Joshua's occupation of Cannaan and the Arabs war to reclaim the land to Jos crisis and Kaduna riots.
Terrorism is a MENTAL stronghold which physical weapons cannot destroy. Only an ideology can defeat an ideology.

We in Nigeria should also concentrate on eradicating "Boko Haranism" before it becomea more critical.

ejemaim 2nd May 2011 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oracle (Post 96572)
Oga Manemi is correct. They said US in custody of the body. That does't mean burial.

And for someone that had tormented US and the world like he did, I don't think he will be buried that fast. That guy will be mummified and kept in a secret chamber for study.

Wetin dem wan study? D guy na UFO?:D

ejemaim 2nd May 2011 12:50 PM

Saudi Arabia rejects Osama bin Laden’s body… as US buries him at sea

:cheers:

ejemaim 2nd May 2011 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oracle (Post 96565)

Just heard on CHANNELS TV that a DNA test with 99% certainty was carried out on Osama using his sister's tissue as standard. It is the real Osama oh

knightofdelta 2nd May 2011 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ejemaim (Post 96595)
Just heard on CHANNELS TV that a DNA test with 99% certainty was carried out on Osama using his sister's tissue as standard. It is the real Osama oh

Someone in Pentagon was interviewed on Euro News a few minutes ago. He said they are 95% confident that it was Osama based on photographic evidence. He did not mention anything about a DNA test. And how did they get Osama's sister to cooperate in less than 24 hours? I have heard that Osama's body was in US custody and then that he was buried in the sea...

Something is off somewhere. In a few years Wikileaks will tell us the real story.

goldsun 2nd May 2011 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knightofdelta (Post 96599)
Someone in Pentagon was interviewed on Euro News a few minutes ago. He said they are 95% confident that it was Osama based on photographic evidence. He did not mention anything about a DNA test. And how did they get Osama's sister to cooperate in less than 24 hours? I have heard that Osama's body was in US custody and then that he was buried in the sea...

Something is off somewhere. In a few years Wikileaks will tell us the real story.

wikileaks may never get this one