Go Back   StockMarketNigeria.com Forums > User Feeback, Suggestions, Comments > Off Topic

Off Topic Other topics not relevant to this website

Welcome to the StockMarketNigeria.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 30th November 2011, 12:01 PM
Forum Moderator
Points: 42,834, Level: 100 Points: 42,834, Level: 100 Points: 42,834, Level: 100
Activity: 32%
Activity: 32% Activity: 32% Activity: 32%

Groans: 18
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
knightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Role Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1himself View Post
The above is d best post i have ever read ever since i joined SMN...
Its enough to whitewash the sundry of d bears...
With the power confered on my as a MODERATOR i hereby give Pkod a MBB..Membership by birth..making her d youngest on d forum...

Also after manoeuvering his way and barring all smnITES from his wedding....i on behalf of others hereby demand an open invitation to all smnITES...

KOD any objection???
If none pls stamp the venue on SMN CHATBOX...
Thanks
Hehehe... patience my brother, patience...

"Pursue excellence and success will follow, pants down" - Ranchoddas Shamaldas Chanchad

"People do not have to believe in you for you to succeed. Work hard. When you succeed, they will believe." - Stephen Keshi
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 30th November 2011, 01:23 PM
Points: 9,242, Level: 64 Points: 9,242, Level: 64 Points: 9,242, Level: 64
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
cashrules is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofdelta View Post
Okay sirs Oga Migiets and Oga Waaan$$, I am going to change the avatar today today.

I want to thank everybody in the house for the congratulatory messages. I appreciate it very much. It is indeed true according to one of my pastors who said, when people see a 200 storey building, very few people understand that the foundation of the building, which is not seen, is the most critical part. A seed must die before it becomes a tree. A few months ago, it felt as if the world was about to crash but now I am overwhelmed.

Thank you all!
Congrats KOD!!! hopefully When I enter naija by year end with cashrules junior.....we fit show for that side make we begin to drop small kolanuts..
Old 6th December 2011, 05:41 PM
Forum Moderator
Points: 27,739, Level: 98 Points: 27,739, Level: 98 Points: 27,739, Level: 98
Activity: 50%
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Groaned at 17 Times in 17 Posts
Oracle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofdelta
Join me in prayers as I pray to become a role model to Princess KOD who joined my family yesterday...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Migiets
Congrats. It is about time you changed this picture on your profile so that Princess KOD will not see it and then start wondering the work you were involved before you became a CFA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manemi View Post
Congrats man. I knew something was bubbling when you suddenly disappeared sometime back. As my people say the baby live long, and my God give the mother good health. However, I do second the suggestion of a change of Avatar.
Hmmm... Ok I now get it.

Correct man, Congrats! Wishing you the best in family life. Regards to madam oo.

I fit come do omugwo for you? I'm still in vacation mood ooo!
Old 6th December 2011, 06:15 PM
Forum Moderator
Points: 42,834, Level: 100 Points: 42,834, Level: 100 Points: 42,834, Level: 100

knightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashrules View Post
Congrats KOD!!! hopefully When I enter naija by year end with cashrules junior.....we fit show for that side make we begin to drop small kolanuts..
Ok na... we dey here dey wait but know first say plenty toasters don full ground o...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
Hmmm... Ok I now get it.

Correct man, Congrats! Wishing you the best in family life. Regards to madam oo.

I fit come do omugwo for you? I'm still in vacation mood ooo!
Chei! The picture of a man wey dey do omugwo enter my head and my laugh no gree stop...

"Pursue excellence and success will follow, pants down" - Ranchoddas Shamaldas Chanchad

"People do not have to believe in you for you to succeed. Work hard. When you succeed, they will believe." - Stephen Keshi
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 4th January 2013, 03:59 PM
Points: 19,455, Level: 88 Points: 19,455, Level: 88 Points: 19,455, Level: 88
Activity: 21%
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%

Groaned at 12 Times in 11 Posts
Picolena66 is on a distinguished road

In Remembrance of Ken SARO WIWA - - Proshare

Gone but never Forgotten - True Nigerian Warrior of His People
Old 5th January 2013, 12:22 AM
Points: 13,765, Level: 76 Points: 13,765, Level: 76 Points: 13,765, Level: 76
Activity: 16%
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
eniyanman will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picolena66 View Post
In Remembrance of Ken SARO WIWA - - Proshare

Gone but never Forgotten - True Nigerian Warrior of His People
Ken Saro Wiwa, one of my favorite playwrights. I recall vividly the moment his hanging was confirmed on the BBC World Service. It was as if I had lost a close relative. I recall Alex Akinyele call Mandela a "gutter person" for criticizing Abacha for executing him and his fellow campaigners (considering Zemani Lekwot's death sentence was commuted).
This govt brings back fond memories of Kenule's Basi & Company. Unfortunately, "dead men don't bite".

Ken Saro Wiwa - playwright & environmentalist
.. you can't suspend the truth - Gov SLS (missing $20billion whistle blower)

twitter: @eniyanman
Old 8th March 2013, 03:32 PM

allAfrica.com: Nigeria: Soyinka, Sambo Eulogise Awolowo's Virtues
Old 27th August 2013, 02:07 PM

allAfrica.com: Nigeria: Ken Saro-Wiwa - the Vision of a Writer and the Praxis of Progress (Page 1 of 2)
Old 8th October 2013, 05:10 PM

BBC News - Malala: The girl who was shot for going to school

Hmmm.................Be Inspired and read about One school Girl's Dedication to be Educated
Old 8th October 2013, 05:27 PM
Forum Moderator

Quote:

Hmmm.................Be Inspired and read about One school Girl's Dedication to be Educated
Quote:
She is an extraordinary young woman, wise beyond her years, sensible, sensitive and focused. She has experienced the worst of humanity, and the best of humanity - both from the medics who cared for her and the messages from many thousands of well-wishers.
I think she has many millions of well wishers and not thousands...

There are many Malala's right here in Nigeria. Just take a walk to the slums. I have met one already.

Old 8th October 2013, 05:31 PM

Quote:
I think she has many millions of well wishers and not thousands...

There are many Malala's right here in Nigeria. Just take a walk to the slums. I have met one already.
Hmmm...............well Full kudos to them all............But I bet none took a Bullet on the way to school though???

My mother was also one as well, as my loving grandfather did not believe in educating women members of his large family until they all stood up for themselves...........and brought him round to there way of thinking
The Following User Says Thank You to Picolena66 For This Useful Post:
Oracle (9th October 2013)
Old 9th October 2013, 06:55 AM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Hmmm...............well Full kudos to them all............But I bet none took a Bullet on the way to school though???

My mother was also one as well, as my loving grandfather did not believe in educating women members of his large family until they all stood up for themselves...........and brought him round to there way of thinking
(To the part in bold) A bullet in the head o!
Old 9th October 2013, 02:12 PM

Quote:
(To the part in bold) A bullet in the head o!
Hmmm.................I know Oga mi Oracle

I think our Oga at the Very Top - Baba Princess...............Just loves and favours Nigeria and Nigerians..............A little bit more in this particular story
Old 9th October 2013, 03:36 PM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Hmmm.................I know Oga mi Oracle

I think our Oga at the Very Top - Baba Princess...............Just loves and favours Nigeria and Nigerians..............A little bit more in this particular story
My Oga at the Pinnacle aka Sir Pico... I know you are called Sir Pico because you are at the Pinnacle.

We see the way Britain celebrates its people when they do well or when they face adversity. The British press has a way of claiming someone with a Yoruba name as a British citizen when they win an Olympic medal but they quickly remember that another one who have never even stepped on the shores of Nigeria has a Nigerian origin when they throw bombs at their police.

Me, I will celebrate my fellow Nigerians, and I refuse to sacrifice the strength of my fellow Nigerian on the alter of a global press rave. Meanwhile, I salute my fellow Nigerians who not only took bullets in their heads in their search of education but also ended up dead in the hands of boko haram. All 40 of them in a Yobe Polytechnic, slaughtered at night because they seek education.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to knightofdelta For This Useful Post:
nosa2 (9th October 2013), Salida (9th October 2013)
Old 10th October 2013, 11:38 AM

Quote:
My Oga at the Pinnacle aka Sir Pico... I know you are called Sir Pico because you are at the Pinnacle.

We see the way Britain celebrates its people when they do well or when they face adversity. The British press has a way of claiming someone with a Yoruba name as a British citizen when they win an Olympic medal but they quickly remember that another one who have never even stepped on the shores of Nigeria has a Nigerian origin when they throw bombs at their police.

Me, I will celebrate my fellow Nigerians, and I refuse to sacrifice the strength of my fellow Nigerian on the alter of a global press rave. Meanwhile, I salute my fellow Nigerians who not only took bullets in their heads in their search of education but also ended up dead in the hands of boko haram. All 40 of them in a Yobe Polytechnic, slaughtered at night because they seek education.
Hmmm..................Oga KOD san,

I am so shocked by your response, but I will commend u for a trying Patriotic speech!!!

The British are the British until we as Nigerians break the chains of the Colonial masters..........Well u are stuck in a never ending cycle of Despair.....The British have been using Blacks since the Beginning of Time......Hey My Father used to say.....Never Blame anyone for walking all over u.....Blame yourself for not getting out of the Way

The bolded shows u have either did not read malala full story or u have no idea what BH have been up to within the confines of Nigerian borders.

I have a 2 Questions

1 - How many of the 40 killed were threatened not to go to school by, and also told to keep quiet about BH activites
2 - How many of the 40 killed were shot on there way to school

The 40 Deaths are very tragic, and not trivial compared to Malala shooting...........But u are mixing Cucumber and tomatoes.............To make a Fruit Salad............Hey that just won't fly
The Following User Says Thank You to Picolena66 For This Useful Post:
Oracle (10th October 2013)
Old 10th October 2013, 11:59 AM

Quote:

BBC News - Malala Yousafzai wins EU's Sakharov human rights prize
Old 10th October 2013, 12:12 PM
Forum Moderator

Quote:

Malala lived in the Swat valley of Pakistan and girls are banned from going to school there. So what you paint is different from what happened in Yobe. In Yobe or anywhere in the North, no one is banned from going to school!!! Boko Haram has killed alot of people in Kano and many cities. They killed in buses. They killed in bars. They beheaded some numbers who are plying the northern routes. Were these people also killed because they were going to school?

BH is just doing sporadic killings. Killing in churches, crowded places, bars etc They are simply creating fear and destabilizing the nation. Initially they said their aim is to forbid education but they went about killing people in bars and churches. Now they have left that and going into killing commutters. Now they have gone into schools. This to me is just an unfortunate, tragic and fatal coincidence.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oracle For This Useful Post:
Picolena66 (10th October 2013)
Old 10th October 2013, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Malala lived in the Swat valley of Pakistan and girls are banned from going to school there. So what you paint is different from what happened in Yobe. In Yobe or anywhere in the North, no one is banned from going to school!!! Boko Haram has killed alot of people in Kano and many cities. They killed in buses. They killed in bars. They beheaded some numbers who are plying the northern routes. Were these people also killed because they were going to school?

BH is just doing sporadic killings. Killing in churches, crowded places, bars etc They are simply creating fear and destabilizing the nation. Initially they said their aim is to forbid education but they went about killing people in bars and churches. Now they have left that and going into killing commutters. Now they have gone into schools. This to me is just an unfortunate, tragic and fatal coincidence.
Hmmm.................Enough said Really..................Just Enough Said

A Gratitude of Thanks...............
Old 10th October 2013, 12:43 PM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Hmmm.................Enough said Really..................Just Enough Said

A Gratitude of Thanks...............
I'd prefer to stay silent on this instead of dragging the issue to another level. And I know Oracle has a penchant of taking tangential positions to issues like this.

All I can say is that we all have a right to our different opinions. And all your prejudices are well noted, but not accepted. Here we have to agree to disagree.

Old 10th October 2013, 12:47 PM

Quote:
I'd prefer to stay silent on this instead of dragging the issue to another level. And I know Oracle has a penchant of taking tangential positions to issues like this.

All I can say is that we all have a right to our different opinions. And all your prejudices are well noted, but not accepted. Here we have to agree to disagree.
Cool..............I can live with that....

But for the record no more Sir Pico..............Just Simpleton Pico will do