Go Back   StockMarketNigeria.com Forums > Nigerian Stocks > Other Stocks & Investment strategies

Other Stocks & Investment strategies Discuss other stocks

Welcome to the StockMarketNigeria.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 2nd December 2009, 05:20 PM
Forum Moderator
Points: 15,915, Level: 81 Points: 15,915, Level: 81 Points: 15,915, Level: 81
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Groans: 0
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
pumping will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to pumping
Default Re: Omatek Plc

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofdelta View Post
Relax bros. There is a reason why some banks that gave 5k are selling at N6 and Omatek that gave 5k is selling below N1 and that is the explanation I just gave. Traditional stock investment is based on a long term outlook and prospects and not short term runs... short term investment is speculation (not investment). Another thing you have to consider is liquidity and risk? A big investor like Waaan5 and Hispy99 will not waste time looking at Omatek because they can make it enter the bid position for the next 6 months.

Okay, let's go short term. Why would I want to invest in Omatek while there are insurance companies giving 5k and selling at 50k. What is the prospects of insurance companies going forward as compared with that of Omatek? Focus on competition and how it will affect revenues: How many of your friends use Omatek laptop? How many use Dell, HP or Sony? Will you buy Omatek or HP? Do you have any friend who has a car insured outside the country?
Oga, no analysis for this one o as per insurance companies. You will collect the 5k awoof and afterall you can't mark the price past 50k. Abeg, you need to read the material that was delivered to the NSE on the facts behind the figures before you write them off. They do have innovative products and their business model is not bad at all.

The company is better than most of the insurance stocks that currently cost 50k right now. I'm not saying all mind you. Afterall most of them made losses and in case you don't know, Naicom estimates that some of them are currently insolvent.

You know I love insurance companies so I've not departed from them. I'm still collecting those I think have some juice at 50k. I'm done with Lawunion now. Next target is stdinsure, then UNIC. My own na addiction...LOL...

Pumping.

Most people get interested in stocks when everyone else is. The time to get interested is when no one else is. You can't buy what is popular and do well.

-Warren Buffet-

Last edited by pumping; 2nd December 2009 at 06:34 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 2nd December 2009, 06:04 PM
Points: 5,098, Level: 45 Points: 5,098, Level: 45 Points: 5,098, Level: 45
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
chrisekpo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofdelta View Post
Relax bros. There is a reason why some banks that gave 5k are selling at N6 and Omatek that gave 5k is selling below N1 and that is the explanation I just gave. Traditional stock investment is based on a long term outlook and prospects and not short term runs... short term investment is speculation (not investment). Another thing you have to consider is liquidity and risk? A big investor like Waaan5 and Hispy99 will not waste time looking at Omatek because they can make it enter the bid position for the next 6 months.

Okay, let's go short term. Why would I want to invest in Omatek while there are insurance companies giving 5k and selling at 50k. What is the prospects of insurance companies going forward as compared with that of Omatek? Focus on competition and how it will affect revenues: How many of your friends use Omatek laptop? How many use Dell, HP or Sony? Will you buy Omatek or HP? Do you have any friend who has a car insured outside the country?
Chairman!! u too much, i get your analysis, but talking of potentials-one can also see omatek as a company with bright potentials of hitting the market in the west african coast. lets say they are able to parley with a state gov. the comissioner of information and education. lets say the gov guys make it mandatory for the teachers to go on compulsory ICT traing before being promoted-we all knw that this traing will come with a compulsory acqusition of laptops or computers. you agree with me that this will really affect their revenue base.

i remain positive on this stock though it closed low 2day.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 2nd December 2009, 06:38 PM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanaj0 View Post
Will wait for the info

I guess Seriki told you over dinner
LOL....See as you repair my reputation...

The figure I have for their pat is N314.422m. Now I have to look for where I got it...Unfortunately it was not from Seriki...

Pumping.

Most people get interested in stocks when everyone else is. The time to get interested is when no one else is. You can't buy what is popular and do well.

-Warren Buffet-
Old 2nd December 2009, 07:51 PM
Points: 4,942, Level: 44 Points: 4,942, Level: 44 Points: 4,942, Level: 44

kingojames is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisekpo View Post
Chairman!! u too much, i get your analysis, but talking of potentials-one can also see omatek as a company with bright potentials of hitting the market in the west african coast. lets say they are able to parley with a state gov. the comissioner of information and education. lets say the gov guys make it mandatory for the teachers to go on compulsory ICT traing before being promoted-we all knw that this traing will come with a compulsory acqusition of laptops or computers. you agree with me that this will really affect their revenue base.

i remain positive on this stock though it closed low 2day.
KD sounds more to me as an investment banker or i'm meant to understand,u don't expect him to judge in disfavor of his understandable sentiment.
My only problem with this stock [omatek] is the board of directors.
Only 3 members.
It looks more of a one man show to me...Well i stand to be corrected.Long term hmn hmm..
Its ok for short term.
Old 2nd December 2009, 11:17 PM
Points: 13,299, Level: 75 Points: 13,299, Level: 75 Points: 13,299, Level: 75
Activity: 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
eniyanman will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumping View Post
Oga, no analysis for this one o as per insurance companies. You will collect the 5k awoof and afterall you can't mark the price past 50k. Abeg, you need to read the material that was delivered to the NSE on the facts behind the figures before you write them off. They do have innovative products and their business model is not bad at all.

The company is better than most of the insurance stocks that currently cost 50k right now. I'm not saying all mind you. Afterall most of them made losses and in case you don't know, Naicom estimates that some of them are currently insolvent.

You know I love insurance companies so I've not departed from them. I'm still collecting those I think have some juice at 50k. I'm done with Lawunion now. Next target is stdinsure, then UNIC. My own na addiction...LOL...
Bros, I have to disagree with this... I hope their annual report will show what % of revenue is derived from the public, private or retail sector. In my view, this is inherently a one-man (government) contractor.. There is no way, Omatek can compete with HP, Dell, Acer etc. How many processors do they buy from Intel (or AMD), how many Microsoft licenses have they bought? They have no economies of scale. Even Dunlop (with their rubber plantations) cannot compete against imported products... Hopefully, governments will understand that this is not a sustainable business proposition and end the effective subsidy. It is not coincidence that the major laptop/desktop manufacturers (or OEMs) are in Taiwan/China and not Europe/US where a large proportion of the users are.
Old 2nd December 2009, 11:32 PM
Points: 3,324, Level: 35 Points: 3,324, Level: 35 Points: 3,324, Level: 35
Activity: 15%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

savvy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by eniyanman View Post
Bros, I have to disagree with this... I hope their annual report will show what % of revenue is derived from the public, private or retail sector. In my view, this is inherently a one-man (government) contractor.. There is no way, Omatek can compete with HP, Dell, Acer etc. How many processors do they buy from Intel (or AMD), how many Microsoft licenses have they bought? They have no economies of scale. Even Dunlop (with their rubber plantations) cannot compete against imported products... Hopefully, governments will understand that this is not a sustainable business proposition and end the effective subsidy. It is not coincidence that the major laptop/desktop manufacturers (or OEMs) are in Taiwan/China and not Europe/US where a large proportion of the users are.
Omatek can reduce the market share of those coys u mentioned above. Especially if their products come out cheaper and are durable. However if they ride on the back of govt.. nah! nnot good (hope they borrow a leaf from Transcorp, and govt contractors etc.)
Old 2nd December 2009, 11:42 PM
Points: 13,299, Level: 75 Points: 13,299, Level: 75 Points: 13,299, Level: 75
Activity: 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
eniyanman will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by savvy View Post
Omatek can reduce the market share of those coys u mentioned above. Especially if their products come out cheaper and are durable. However if they ride on the back of govt.. nah! nnot good (hope they borrow a leaf from Transcorp, and govt contractors etc.)
Bros, e go hard for Omatek to undercut those guys... E go hard... Personally, I don't know anyone who uses Omatek computers....
Old 2nd December 2009, 11:47 PM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eniyanman View Post
Omatek has not intention of competing with HP, Dell, Acer etc. There are many Nigerians that cannot afford to buy these computer brands despite the crash in their prices in recent years.

The business model of Omatek is basically hinged on government patronage. Computer penetration in Nigeria is very low and this is basically because people cannot afford it. Government (state and federal) are very committed to providing computers to civil servants, lecturers and students. Check out the number of deals that have been secured between Omatek and state governments. This is not the area when Dell and HP are operating.

I am not saying that Omatek is a fantastic company in that way. However, at the price of 50k a share at the moment, it may not be a bad deal afterall.

Pumping.

-Warren Buffet-
Old 24th December 2009, 10:35 AM
Forum Moderator
Points: 83,898, Level: 100 Points: 83,898, Level: 100 Points: 83,898, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Groans: 2
hispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nice

Guardian Newspapers-Omatek maps out growth strategy, holds maiden AGM
Old 17th February 2010, 11:51 AM
Forum Moderator
Points: 83,898, Level: 100 Points: 83,898, Level: 100 Points: 83,898, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Groans: 2
hispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nice

Shareholders Decry Omatek’s Failure to Pay Dividend
Old 17th February 2010, 11:55 AM
Points: 8,498, Level: 62 Points: 8,498, Level: 62 Points: 8,498, Level: 62

Groans: 1
ayemco is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hispy99 View Post
What did they do we with all the PP money? People just like ovetrading in Nigerai
Old 18th March 2010, 10:34 AM
Forum Moderator
Points: 9,725, Level: 66 Points: 9,725, Level: 66 Points: 9,725, Level: 66

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
123.rado is on a distinguished road

17-03-2010 OMATEK VENTURES PLC THIRD QUARTER
INTERIM REPORT FOR THE PERIOD 31ST MARCH 2009
2009 2008 %CHANGE
TURNOVER N335.290m N191.594m 75.00
PROFIT LOSS BEFORE TAXN70.961m N40.549m 75.00
TAXATION (N9.823m) (N5.613m) 75.00
PROFIT AFTER TAX N61.138m N34.936m 75.00
BALANCE SHEET INFORMATION
31-3-09 3-06-09
FIXED ASSETS N1.143b N1.135b 0.65
STOCK N1.132b N1.345b 0.65
CASH AND BANK BALANCES N19.120m N16.765m (15.83)
OTHER DEBIT BALANCES N5.874b N5.997b (2.04)
SHORT TERM BORROWINGS N716.083m N768.202m (6.78)
OTHER CREDIT BALANCES N881.742m N844.535m 4.41
WORKING CAPITAL N1.430b N1.683b (15.04)
NET ASSETS N6.572b N6.883b (4.51)
Old 22nd October 2010, 11:25 PM
Points: 5,134, Level: 45 Points: 5,134, Level: 45 Points: 5,134, Level: 45

halfbread is on a distinguished road

can somebody confirm, if he had receipt the last dividend of 5k declared by this company last december?.
Old 25th March 2011, 04:28 PM
Points: 6,064, Level: 50 Points: 6,064, Level: 50 Points: 6,064, Level: 50

Groans: 1
aysok1 is on a distinguished road

Omatek Ventures Plc: Change in Financial Year End - Proshare
Old 25th March 2011, 04:45 PM
Points: 5,882, Level: 49 Points: 5,882, Level: 49 Points: 5,882, Level: 49

Groans: 4
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
MalamImam is on a distinguished road

To change from nothing to nothing is still nothing, hence the change will not translate to anything!
The Following User Says Thank You to MalamImam For This Useful Post:
utuocha (19th April 2011)
Old 30th March 2011, 07:47 PM
Forum Moderator
Points: 9,725, Level: 66 Points: 9,725, Level: 66 Points: 9,725, Level: 66

123.rado is on a distinguished road

OMATEK PLC
30 March 2011
Unaudited 15Months (September) 2010

Profit and Loss Information
Turnover 10 N6.935b 09 N142.713m
PBT 10 N88.021m 09 (N389.848m)
Tax 10 (N28.167m) 09 Nil
PAT 10 N59.854m 09 (N389.848m)

Balance Sheet Information
Fixed Assets 30-09-10 N991.421m 30-06-09 N1.135b
Stock 10 N486.572m 09 N1.345b
Trade Debtors 10 N932.608m 09 N224.230m
Cash And Bank Balances 10 N101.098m 09 N216.555m
Other Debit Balances 10 N744.160m 09 N860.065m
Trade Creditors 10 N33.103m 09 N16.203m
Short Term Borrowings 10 N1.221b 09 N888.972m
Other Credit Balances 10 N313.544m 09 N115.217m
Working Capital 10 N6.873b 09 N655.631m
Net Assets 10 N6.530b 09 N6.544b
Old 30th March 2011, 07:53 PM
Points: 9,242, Level: 64 Points: 9,242, Level: 64 Points: 9,242, Level: 64

cashrules is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123.rado View Post
OMATEK PLC
30 March 2011
Unaudited 15Months (September) 2010

Profit and Loss Information
Turnover 10 N6.935b 09 N142.713m
PBT 10 N88.021m 09 (N389.848m)
Tax 10 (N28.167m) 09 Nil
PAT 10 N59.854m 09 (N389.848m)

Balance Sheet Information
Fixed Assets 30-09-10 N991.421m 30-06-09 N1.135b
Stock 10 N486.572m 09 N1.345b
Trade Debtors 10 N932.608m 09 N224.230m
Cash And Bank Balances 10 N101.098m 09 N216.555m
Other Debit Balances 10 N744.160m 09 N860.065m
Trade Creditors 10 N33.103m 09 N16.203m
Short Term Borrowings 10 N1.221b 09 N888.972m
Other Credit Balances 10 N313.544m 09 N115.217m
Working Capital 10 N6.873b 09 N655.631m
Net Assets 10 N6.530b 09 N6.544b
These people should go and bring their Audited results!!!
Old 20th February 2012, 06:42 AM
Points: 41,507, Level: 100 Points: 41,507, Level: 100 Points: 41,507, Level: 100
Activity: 41%
Activity: 41% Activity: 41% Activity: 41%

Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Salida is on a distinguished road

Omatek assures shareholders of improved returns on investment *
Old 16th May 2012, 06:44 AM
Points: 41,507, Level: 100 Points: 41,507, Level: 100 Points: 41,507, Level: 100

‘How Omatek Ventures Survived Banking Crisis’, Articles | THISDAY LIVE
Old 25th May 2012, 06:09 AM

Omatek lists benefits of divestment, bemoans challenges against ICT growth in Nigeria

« Sahcol | BAGCO Plc »