Go Back   StockMarketNigeria.com Forums > Nigerian Stocks > Other Stocks & Investment strategies

Other Stocks & Investment strategies Discuss other stocks

Welcome to the StockMarketNigeria.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11th June 2008, 07:11 PM
knightofdelta's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 41,063, Level: 100
Points: 41,063, Level: 100 Points: 41,063, Level: 100 Points: 41,063, Level: 100
Activity: 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,922
Thanks: 505
Thanked 619 Times in 497 Posts
Groans: 16
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Blog Entries: 11
Rep Power: 20
knightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of light
Default Red Star Express

Red Star released their third quarter results for the period ended December 31, 2007 a few months ago on the NSE which showed that they were able to grow their turnover by 16.1% from N2.075 billion to N2.409 billion, while their profit before tax was raised by 35.09% from N228 million to N308 million. This means that they have also been able to work on reducing their cost of sales which has had a positive impact on their bottom line. Profit after tax grew by 34.38% from N160 million to N215 million.

The company presently has about 590 million shares in issue, which means that their earning per share for the period is 36K and their projected year end (March 2008) earning per share will come to about 49K. This means that at the current price of N7.60, their forward price earning multiple will come to about 15.51.

They have expanded their operations into distribution and warehousing services to meet global trends, which means that they are presently a growth stock.

Although the share price floor had helped stabilized it at around N7.57 when it was going down on a free fall. I feel this stock is good for the medium to long term and I want to start acquiring it. The relatively low volume of shares in issue coupled with the fact that there has been a consistent turnover of over 1.5 million over the past few days means that it could be a good candidate for the short term capital appreciation. What do you guys think?
__________________
The Knight of Delta

"Pursue excellence and success will follow, pants down" - Ranchoddas Shamaldas Chanchad

"People do not have to believe in you for you to succeed. Work hard. When you succeed, they will believe." - Stephen Keshi
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11th June 2008, 10:12 PM
ntom's Avatar
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 3,829, Level: 39
Points: 3,829, Level: 39 Points: 3,829, Level: 39 Points: 3,829, Level: 39
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 128
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 7
ntom is on a distinguished road
Default red star

i have always say this about redstar we miss presco because no body believe me pls lets put our ears on the ground this is another precso
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 14th June 2008, 04:04 AM
Michael's Avatar
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 10,111, Level: 67
Points: 10,111, Level: 67 Points: 10,111, Level: 67 Points: 10,111, Level: 67
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,864
Thanks: 16
Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 11
Michael has a spectacular aura aboutMichael has a spectacular aura aboutMichael has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofdelta View Post
Red Star released their third quarter results for the period ended December 31, 2007 a few months ago on the NSE which showed that they were able to grow their turnover by 16.1% from N2.075 billion to N2.409 billion, while their profit before tax was raised by 35.09% from N228 million to N308 million. This means that they have also been able to work on reducing their cost of sales which has had a positive impact on their bottom line. Profit after tax grew by 34.38% from N160 million to N215 million.

The company presently has about 590 million shares in issue, which means that their earning per share for the period is 36K and their projected year end (March 2008) earning per share will come to about 49K. This means that at the current price of N7.60, their forward price earning multiple will come to about 15.51.

They have expanded their operations into distribution and warehousing services to meet global trends, which means that they are presently a growth stock.

Although the share price floor had helped stabilized it at around N7.57 when it was going down on a free fall. I feel this stock is good for the medium to long term and I want to start acquiring it. The relatively low volume of shares in issue coupled with the fact that there has been a consistent turnover of over 1.5 million over the past few days means that it could be a good candidate for the short term capital appreciation. What do you guys think?
KOD, Ihope you have started buying because the price seems to be moving away from you. it almost did 5% today. I thought i read somewhere that they were coming to the market again.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 14th June 2008, 06:42 AM
knightofdelta's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 41,063, Level: 100
Points: 41,063, Level: 100 Points: 41,063, Level: 100 Points: 41,063, Level: 100
Activity: 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,922
Thanks: 505
Thanked 619 Times in 497 Posts
Groans: 16
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Blog Entries: 11
Rep Power: 20
knightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of light
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
KOD, Ihope you have started buying because the price seems to be moving away from you. it almost did 5% today. I thought i read somewhere that they were coming to the market again.
I bought plenty at N7.57 and then a little more at N7.97, to make it 15% of my portfolio, when my stockbroker was unable to get Costain for me. I ordered for a little bit more again yesterday (Oliver Twist) but was unable to get it. Investors have mopped it up. The buying volume had reduced to to about half a million and it gained 5%! I'm going to ask Zainab to get the unfilled number of bids for it as at yesterday. Though it is not going to affect my holding time decision.

I don dey hammer. I'm not selling this one till it gets to like N14 maybe in 3 - 4 months time because its fair value after my calculations is about N15.

No, it is Transnationwide express (TRANSEXPR) that has its price on technical suspension because they want to increase their shares in issue from 500m to 1 billion. I will not be surprised though if Red Star follow soon but they have been listed for less than a year. So it is not likely.
__________________
The Knight of Delta

"Pursue excellence and success will follow, pants down" - Ranchoddas Shamaldas Chanchad

"People do not have to believe in you for you to succeed. Work hard. When you succeed, they will believe." - Stephen Keshi

Last edited by knightofdelta; 14th June 2008 at 06:56 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 14th June 2008, 08:35 AM
olusolakemmy's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 5,987, Level: 50
Points: 5,987, Level: 50 Points: 5,987, Level: 50 Points: 5,987, Level: 50
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,485
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 9
olusolakemmy will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofdelta View Post
I bought plenty at N7.57 and then a little more at N7.97, to make it 15% of my portfolio, when my stockbroker was unable to get Costain for me. I ordered for a little bit more again yesterday (Oliver Twist) but was unable to get it. Investors have mopped it up. The buying volume had reduced to to about half a million and it gained 5%! I'm going to ask Zainab to get the unfilled number of bids for it as at yesterday. Though it is not going to affect my holding time decision.

I don dey hammer. I'm not selling this one till it gets to like N14 maybe in 3 - 4 months time because its fair value after my calculations is about N15.

No, it is Transnationwide express (TRANSEXPR) that has its price on technical suspension because they want to increase their shares in issue from 500m to 1 billion. I will not be surprised though if Red Star follow soon but they have been listed for less than a year. So it is not likely.
redstar is a good one to buy, but i have simply decided not to go into any stock now until thiings settle down in the market.

do you know that, stocks with good EPS nad fantastic forward earning also experince that free fall?

so in an acute bearish market, how good the stock is might not have a bearing on the immediate share price, so if the freeze is release on monday, i see lots of stock goind down due to panic selling.

so applied small caution in acquiring shares right now
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 14th June 2008, 12:40 PM
zainabusman's Avatar
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 9,730, Level: 66
Points: 9,730, Level: 66 Points: 9,730, Level: 66 Points: 9,730, Level: 66
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,110
Thanks: 22
Thanked 36 Times in 26 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 14
zainabusman is a glorious beacon of lightzainabusman is a glorious beacon of lightzainabusman is a glorious beacon of lightzainabusman is a glorious beacon of lightzainabusman is a glorious beacon of light
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofdelta View Post
I bought plenty at N7.57 and then a little more at N7.97, to make it 15% of my portfolio, when my stockbroker was unable to get Costain for me. I ordered for a little bit more again yesterday (Oliver Twist) but was unable to get it. Investors have mopped it up. The buying volume had reduced to to about half a million and it gained 5%! I'm going to ask Zainab to get the unfilled number of bids for it as at yesterday. Though it is not going to affect my holding time decision.

I don dey hammer. I'm not selling this one till it gets to like N14 maybe in 3 - 4 months time because its fair value after my calculations is about N15.

No, it is Transnationwide express (TRANSEXPR) that has its price on technical suspension because they want to increase their shares in issue from 500m to 1 billion. I will not be surprised though if Red Star follow soon but they have been listed for less than a year. So it is not likely.
Unfortunately, i dont have access to the NSE premium members service which is where u can get all the details. I usually just get the CSL report which has the bid and offer for the top three.

I think i will consider paying 4 the NSE services. It is useful info.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 14th June 2008, 04:30 PM
tonidol's Avatar
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 7,434, Level: 57
Points: 7,434, Level: 57 Points: 7,434, Level: 57 Points: 7,434, Level: 57
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 642
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 8
tonidol is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainabusman View Post
Unfortunately, i dont have access to the NSE premium members service which is where u can get all the details. I usually just get the CSL report which has the bid and offer for the top three.

I think i will consider paying 4 the NSE services. It is useful info.
Zainab, what is the cost of accessing the NSE services annually and what is the procedure for paying? Daily bid and offer status is very key for me pls.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 15th June 2008, 04:55 PM
knightofdelta's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 41,063, Level: 100
Points: 41,063, Level: 100 Points: 41,063, Level: 100 Points: 41,063, Level: 100
Activity: 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,922
Thanks: 505
Thanked 619 Times in 497 Posts
Groans: 16
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Blog Entries: 11
Rep Power: 20
knightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of light
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by olusolakemmy View Post
redstar is a good one to buy, but i have simply decided not to go into any stock now until thiings settle down in the market.

do you know that, stocks with good EPS nad fantastic forward earning also experince that free fall?

so in an acute bearish market, how good the stock is might not have a bearing on the immediate share price, so if the freeze is release on monday, i see lots of stock goind down due to panic selling.

so applied small caution in acquiring shares right now
I totally agree. I am armed with my Costain return money and waiting for the next one to two weeks to see how low prices will fall. The lower the better though.
__________________
The Knight of Delta

"Pursue excellence and success will follow, pants down" - Ranchoddas Shamaldas Chanchad

"People do not have to believe in you for you to succeed. Work hard. When you succeed, they will believe." - Stephen Keshi
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 5th July 2008, 02:39 PM
ntom's Avatar
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 3,829, Level: 39
Points: 3,829, Level: 39 Points: 3,829, Level: 39 Points: 3,829, Level: 39
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 128
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 7
ntom is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofdelta View Post
I bought plenty at N7.57 and then a little more at N7.97, to make it 15% of my portfolio, when my stockbroker was unable to get Costain for me. I ordered for a little bit more again yesterday (Oliver Twist) but was unable to get it. Investors have mopped it up. The buying volume had reduced to to about half a million and it gained 5%! I'm going to ask Zainab to get the unfilled number of bids for it as at yesterday. Though it is not going to affect my holding time decision.

I don dey hammer. I'm not selling this one till it gets to like N14 maybe in 3 - 4 months time because its fair value after my calculations is about N15.

No, it is Transnationwide express (TRANSEXPR) that has its price on technical suspension because they want to increase their shares in issue from 500m to 1 billion. I will not be surprised though if Red Star follow soon but they have been listed for less than a year. So it is not likely.
suddenly it has started coming down and i have not bought pls members lets sniff around if we are lucky i see the stock doing better than presco possibility of bonus is very very high and the are coming for ipo with 600m share we can never lose
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 9th July 2008, 10:14 PM
ntom's Avatar
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 3,829, Level: 39
Points: 3,829, Level: 39 Points: 3,829, Level: 39 Points: 3,829, Level: 39
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 128
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 7
ntom is on a distinguished road
Default

redstar has release the audited result 310b 305pbt 195pat dividend 25k i dont understand this result
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 10th July 2008, 02:48 AM
pumping's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 15,915, Level: 81
Points: 15,915, Level: 81 Points: 15,915, Level: 81 Points: 15,915, Level: 81
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Philadelphia, USA
Posts: 3,812
Thanks: 94
Thanked 134 Times in 109 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 10
pumping will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to pumping
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntom View Post
redstar has release the audited result 310b 305pbt 195pat dividend 25k i dont understand this result
What is confusing? I saw the result too. I think it was very good. In particular the 25kobo dividend. This is around 3.5% dividend yield, could be better but quite good for a low cap company. I sold mine on Monday because I feared they might do like others and give 10 kobo dividend.

The result generated some interest today. See the bid/offer at the close of today.

MARKET BY PRICE - redstarex ( What's this? )
Enter a Symbol :

Buy
Orders Volume Price
1 100,000 7.14
1 50,000 7.10
1 200,000 6.90
1 100,000 6.80

Sell
Price Volume Orders
7.22 10,000 1

So if you have it, you can still hold for another 5 to 10% at least short term.
__________________
Enjoy.

Pumping.

Most people get interested in stocks when everyone else is. The time to get interested is when no one else is. You can't buy what is popular and do well.

-Warren Buffet-
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 11th July 2008, 02:07 PM
emmanuel ewumi's Avatar
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 16,303, Level: 81
Points: 16,303, Level: 81 Points: 16,303, Level: 81 Points: 16,303, Level: 81
Activity: 47%
Activity: 47% Activity: 47% Activity: 47%
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,887
Thanks: 26
Thanked 88 Times in 73 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 11
emmanuel ewumi is on a distinguished road
Default

The head office of the company is in my neighbourhood,some where around MURITALA iNTERNATIONAL aIRPORT ROAD.They are diversifying into haulage, logistic ansd distribution management.They have already invested into these new businesses and the clients are increasing.This company wont be a bad buy on the medium to long term.From reliable source the EPS,would have been better but for the investment in the new businesses.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 11th July 2008, 06:05 PM
knightofdelta's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 41,063, Level: 100
Points: 41,063, Level: 100 Points: 41,063, Level: 100 Points: 41,063, Level: 100
Activity: 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,922
Thanks: 505
Thanked 619 Times in 497 Posts
Groans: 16
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Blog Entries: 11
Rep Power: 20
knightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of light
Default

What is going on? I don't understand this result too.

I need to see Redstar annual report ASAP. I don't understand what they are up to. How can the PAT drop from N215 million from 3Q to N195 million at full year? Is it the investment they made into distribution and warehousing?

Abeg, make dis people no burn Chevron money o.
__________________
The Knight of Delta

"Pursue excellence and success will follow, pants down" - Ranchoddas Shamaldas Chanchad

"People do not have to believe in you for you to succeed. Work hard. When you succeed, they will believe." - Stephen Keshi
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 11th July 2008, 10:41 PM
ntom's Avatar
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 3,829, Level: 39
Points: 3,829, Level: 39 Points: 3,829, Level: 39 Points: 3,829, Level: 39
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 128
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 7
ntom is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofdelta View Post
What is going on? I don't understand this result too.

I need to see Redstar annual report ASAP. I don't understand what they are up to. How can the PAT drop from N215 million from 3Q to N195 million at full year? Is it the investment they made into distribution and warehousing?

Abeg, make dis people no burn Chevron money o.
i don die chie i bought this stock base on there 3Q result now this abacabra why is sec nse ndi come this people must explain how 215M turn to 195M are the on reverse?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 12th July 2008, 02:14 AM
hispy99's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 83,249, Level: 100
Points: 83,249, Level: 100 Points: 83,249, Level: 100 Points: 83,249, Level: 100
Activity: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 26,228
Thanks: 110
Thanked 247 Times in 199 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 37
hispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nice
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmanuel ewumi View Post
The head office of the company is in my neighbourhood,some where around MURITALA iNTERNATIONAL aIRPORT ROAD.They are diversifying into haulage, logistic ansd distribution management.They have already invested into these new businesses and the clients are increasing.This company wont be a bad buy on the medium to long term.From reliable source the EPS,would have been better but for the investment in the new businesses.
Except they took a huge hit in terms of depreciation (new assets purchased for exansion into new business) or interest expense (loan used to finance expansion) in Q4 alone, I do not understand why this investment should have impacted Q4's result to the extent that they declared a loss. It would be interesting to see the annual report, hopefully that will shed some light on what happened.
__________________
“The market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent.” - John Maynard Keynes
"The one absolute requirement of a money manager is emotional maturity. If you don’t know who you are, the stock market is an expensive place to find out." - Adam Smith
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 12th July 2008, 04:22 PM
knightofdelta's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 41,063, Level: 100
Points: 41,063, Level: 100 Points: 41,063, Level: 100 Points: 41,063, Level: 100
Activity: 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,922
Thanks: 505
Thanked 619 Times in 497 Posts
Groans: 16
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Blog Entries: 11
Rep Power: 20
knightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of light
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hispy99 View Post
Except they took a huge hit in terms of depreciation (new assets purchased for exansion into new business) or interest expense (loan used to finance expansion) in Q4 alone, I do not understand why this investment should have impacted Q4's result to the extent that they declared a loss. It would be interesting to see the annual report, hopefully that will shed some light on what happened.
Yes I need to see the cash flow to keep my pulse rate low and steady.
__________________
The Knight of Delta

"Pursue excellence and success will follow, pants down" - Ranchoddas Shamaldas Chanchad

"People do not have to believe in you for you to succeed. Work hard. When you succeed, they will believe." - Stephen Keshi
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 29th July 2008, 09:04 PM
ntom's Avatar
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 3,829, Level: 39
Points: 3,829, Level: 39 Points: 3,829, Level: 39 Points: 3,829, Level: 39
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 128
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 7
ntom is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hispy99 View Post
Except they took a huge hit in terms of depreciation (new assets purchased for exansion into new business) or interest expense (loan used to finance expansion) in Q4 alone, I do not understand why this investment should have impacted Q4's result to the extent that they declared a loss. It would be interesting to see the annual report, hopefully that will shed some light on what happened.
pls does any body has any news on this coy the Q4lost the delay result the low volume and the worst of it is losing somebody pls help
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 30th July 2008, 04:48 PM
knightofdelta's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 41,063, Level: 100
Points: 41,063, Level: 100 Points: 41,063, Level: 100 Points: 41,063, Level: 100
Activity: 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,922
Thanks: 505
Thanked 619 Times in 497 Posts
Groans: 16
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Blog Entries: 11
Rep Power: 20
knightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of light
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntom View Post
pls does any body has any news on this coy the Q4lost the delay result the low volume and the worst of it is losing somebody pls help
Relax my friend. I am still waiting for the annual report if this company before I make my final decision. I have this feeling that the lack of growth in the net income from the 4Q was as a result of investments they made. I still believe that no matter what the price says at this point, the lower it goes, the more one should accumulate.

Despite the lack of growth in PAT, they were able to churn out 25K dividend, the same amount as IBTC-Stanbic. That means they have something up their sleeves and it will be a good idea to ride it out. I am riding this one and I believe they will do well in the medium term.

Meanwhile start Fedexing documents all over the place so that your company can make more money.
__________________
The Knight of Delta

"Pursue excellence and success will follow, pants down" - Ranchoddas Shamaldas Chanchad

"People do not have to believe in you for you to succeed. Work hard. When you succeed, they will believe." - Stephen Keshi

Last edited by knightofdelta; 30th July 2008 at 05:03 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 30th July 2008, 09:25 PM
ntom's Avatar
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 3,829, Level: 39
Points: 3,829, Level: 39 Points: 3,829, Level: 39 Points: 3,829, Level: 39
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 128
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 7
ntom is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofdelta View Post
Relax my friend. I am still waiting for the annual report if this company before I make my final decision. I have this feeling that the lack of growth in the net income from the 4Q was as a result of investments they made. I still believe that no matter what the price says at this point, the lower it goes, the more one should accumulate.

Despite the lack of growth in PAT, they were able to churn out 25K dividend, the same amount as IBTC-Stanbic. That means they have something up their sleeves and it will be a good idea to ride it out. I am riding this one and I believe they will do well in the medium term.

Meanwhile start Fedexing documents all over the place so that your company can make more money.
did any body attend there AGM today at civic center
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 31st July 2008, 03:47 PM
knightofdelta's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 41,063, Level: 100
Points: 41,063, Level: 100 Points: 41,063, Level: 100 Points: 41,063, Level: 100
Activity: 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,922
Thanks: 505
Thanked 619 Times in 497 Posts
Groans: 16
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Blog Entries: 11
Rep Power: 20
knightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of light
Default

I agree that the rate of fall of Redstar on the floor is rather alarming but I believe that this company is still a good buy. I am not aware of the AGM that was held.

I have attached my analysis of this company.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Redstar Express Revisited.doc (32.0 KB, 118 views)
__________________
The Knight of Delta

"Pursue excellence and success will follow, pants down" - Ranchoddas Shamaldas Chanchad

"People do not have to believe in you for you to succeed. Work hard. When you succeed, they will believe." - Stephen Keshi
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trans-Nationwide Express Plc riskreturn Other Stocks & Investment strategies 62 16th April 2014 06:47 PM
Express Discount Equity Report - A must review ayemco Share/Upload Files, Charts, & Resources 0 4th November 2008 10:11 AM


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0
StockMarketNigeria.comAd Management plugin by RedTyger
no new posts

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37