Go Back   StockMarketNigeria.com Forums > Nigerian Stocks > Other Stocks & Investment strategies

Other Stocks & Investment strategies Discuss other stocks

Welcome to the StockMarketNigeria.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 30th November 2012, 12:38 PM
Forum Moderator
Points: 25,132, Level: 95 Points: 25,132, Level: 95 Points: 25,132, Level: 95
Activity: 32%
Activity: 32% Activity: 32% Activity: 32%

Groans: 0
Groaned at 17 Times in 17 Posts
Oracle is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Glaxo Smithkline

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivins1 View Post
Oracle you dey find trouble oooo. No let me fire -45 degrees temperature to your end ooo . it will be too cold for comfort. beware
Abeg that -45 degrees, use am freeze the Heineken wey you go take serve us when we visit you and madam this weekend.
Old 30th November 2012, 12:41 PM
Points: 15,547, Level: 80 Points: 15,547, Level: 80 Points: 15,547, Level: 80
Activity: 39%
Activity: 39% Activity: 39% Activity: 39%

Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
emmanuel ewumi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by eniyanman View Post
Royalty comes from the use of their name and brands. You can't call your energy drink Lucozade and not pay GSK. If you call it paraga, you won't have to pay them.

If the Nigerian managers had added to its value in the intervening 20 years, won't they be paying a hefty premium to gain control now.

Bros, these multinationals lend their names, reputation, products and processes to their Nigerian businesses. so if they feel they need to own more of it to make it worthwhile then we should let them. If they keep our rules and regulations then they should be able to own as much of their business as they like. Is LearnAfrica better now since Pearson divested from Longman?

The did not do it for free, they earned royalties and technical aid fees for it.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 30th November 2012, 12:42 PM
Points: 11,445, Level: 70 Points: 11,445, Level: 70 Points: 11,445, Level: 70
Activity: 30%
Activity: 30% Activity: 30% Activity: 30%

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
bivins1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
I just dey pull im(oga Eni, waaan & Wanaj) their legs. Na so dem dey pull mine too. Most especially Hispy and Waaan. I don hear ween for their hands. If I write anything wey get ''T'', dem don begin dey finish me. Cos the ''T'' means so much.

You don forget when Oga Eni begin tell me say make I confess unto that babe wey I take make analysis for buying a car and using public transport. But Oga eni use Philomena for im analysis. But na only me and you(Oga Bivins) know who Philomena be. Abi you no know? You don forget
I know say you dey punk them but plenty people no dey get am like that . You wan open another can of peak milk now. Wetin the T stand for, Tina or Timi?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 30th November 2012, 12:44 PM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Oracle, e pain me o. I tell you somefin for side, you come betray me . Abeg, no tell them about me and Adesina. Dat one go be scandal o
No, I no go talk about Adesina I no go talk about Philo(Philomena). How far about Philo?
Old 30th November 2012, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Abeg that -45 degrees, use am freeze the Heineken wey you go take serve us when we visit you and madam this weekend.
Na be say you wait 2 days before you drink the Heineken na. Make you no say because you vist me na make you lose your job oooo.
Old 30th November 2012, 12:49 PM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
I know say you dey punk them but plenty people no dey get am like that . You wan open another can of peak milk now. Wetin the T stand for, Tina or Timi?
But plenty people still dey believe say I dey Total or Shell or Chevron but dem no know the truth. They no wan understand say na NRC.
Old 30th November 2012, 12:50 PM
Forum Moderator

Guys, back to GSK!
Old 30th November 2012, 12:50 PM
Points: 12,754, Level: 73 Points: 12,754, Level: 73 Points: 12,754, Level: 73
Activity: 29%
Activity: 29% Activity: 29% Activity: 29%

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
eniyanman will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Oga Oracle, you know some people believe whatever you say on this forum is the gospel truth so always try to make it clear that some of your postings are postulation based on what you think and may not be necessarily true before you lead people into drawing wrong conclusions. Wetin make you feel say Oga wanaj0 na senior man? wetin make you feel say eni na senior man ? even Nosa dey think say Eni na old man .Not correct at all. Its not by intelligence you determine age ooooo if not some people go think say na you be one of the oldest members for this forum. They may be senior men by their critical reasoning and analysis but if na for age, You will be surprised. Dont let their analytical sense fool you. As for you Nosa, you be very correct guy , its just that maybe sometimes the words dont come out sometimes the way you mean them. your saving grace be say you know book . you go be very bad politician sha. Midget abi na migiet (mo). Your Auchi boys don show say no be only Niger delta abi na boko haram get monopoly to cause wanton destruction to lives and public peace. You never tell us your relationship with DAM . Una dey try .We dey look
Chairman, Oga Oracle will be Oga Oracle. Na the thing the 'gods' tell am him go say. Sometimes, na him go tell them wetin dem go say!
.. you can't suspend the truth - Gov SLS (missing $20billion whistle blower)

twitter: @eniyanman
Old 30th November 2012, 12:51 PM
Points: 12,737, Level: 73 Points: 12,737, Level: 73 Points: 12,737, Level: 73
Activity: 68%
Activity: 68% Activity: 68% Activity: 68%

Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
migiets is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Oga Oracle, you know some people believe whatever you say on this forum is the gospel truth so always try to make it clear that some of your postings are postulation based on what you think and may not be necessarily true before you lead people into drawing wrong conclusions. Wetin make you feel say Oga wanaj0 na senior man? wetin make you feel say eni na senior man ? even Nosa dey think say Eni na old man .Not correct at all. Its not by intelligence you determine age ooooo if not some people go think say na you be one of the oldest members for this forum. They may be senior men by their critical reasoning and analysis but if na for age, You will be surprised. Dont let their analytical sense fool you. As for you Nosa, you be very correct guy , its just that maybe sometimes the words dont come out sometimes the way you mean them. your saving grace be say you know book . you go be very bad politician sha. Midget abi na migiet (mo). Your Auchi boys don show say no be only Niger delta abi na boko haram get monopoly to cause wanton destruction to lives and public peace. You never tell us your relationship with DAM . Una dey try .We dey look
Oga bivins1, the thing shake everybody no be small. I hope Boko Haram are keenly watching in respect of 2015. Boko Haram were smart and wise not to bomb during the fuel subsidy protest. By now, Nigeria for don become history.

As regards my relationship with DAM, i dey try to scope the daughter. Once i succeed, na easy access for me to the free subsidy money be that. You know say i need a lot of money now in preparation for the 2015 Governorship election in Edo North state in the Republic of Edo.
Old 30th November 2012, 12:56 PM
Points: 15,547, Level: 80 Points: 15,547, Level: 80 Points: 15,547, Level: 80
Activity: 39%
Activity: 39% Activity: 39% Activity: 39%

Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
emmanuel ewumi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Guys, back to GSK!

Wetin dey happen for GSK. We never hear your thought about GSK.
Old 30th November 2012, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by migiets View Post
Oga bivins1, the thing shake everybody no be small. I hope Boko Haram are keenly watching in respect of 2015. Boko Haram were smart and wise not to bomb during the fuel subsidy protest. By now, Nigeria for don become history.

As regards my relationship with DAM, i dey try to scope the daughter. Once i succeed, na easy access for me to the free subsidy money be that. You know say i need a lot of money now in preparation for the 2015 Governorship election in Edo North state in the Republic of Edo.
Correct Man. where go be your headquarter, jattu or ogbona or fugar abi na agenebode?
Old 30th November 2012, 01:27 PM
Points: 6,816, Level: 54 Points: 6,816, Level: 54 Points: 6,816, Level: 54
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
netotse is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to netotse

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmanuel ewumi View Post
The fault is ours. This Chinese construction firm imports prisoners that have less than 6 months to complete their terms to work as labourers in the country.
Quote:
(To the part in bold) Bros, you are presuming!!!!
Quote:
But how did the news magazines find out? I guess they must have seen Scoffield kind of tatoos and presumed that these guys were prisoners.
The plant where I work was built by a chinese company, in the process, they brought about 1,700 workers (the fitters, welders, painters etc where chinese). That same exact rumour went round the plant too, (that some of the labourers were convicts,) it was one of the chinese engineers that was supposed to have said it. They were housed on a camp next to the site and were not allowed to leave for any reason, work hours were 7am - 7pm 7 days a week.

Didn't bother trying to confirm though, the fact that we were shipping in welders and fitters(wey no even sabi better work sef) was pissing me off too much already.

P.S. Sad truth is that I understand why they might have had to do that(ship in the whole china ), they spent two and a half years building the plant and throughout the entire period there was never any strike or unrest, imagine having to employ nigerian workers, na every three months them go dey lock you out of your own site!
Old 30th November 2012, 01:44 PM
Forum Moderator
Points: 40,571, Level: 100 Points: 40,571, Level: 100 Points: 40,571, Level: 100
Activity: 22%
Activity: 22% Activity: 22% Activity: 22%

Groans: 16
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
knightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Na you sabi. These Chinese and Thai girls in Lagos are giving our ladies a big fight for the market share in that sector.
I hope your wife is not reading this one sha.

Tell your ladies to up their customer service if they want to retain market share. Free importation and exportation of goods and services is good for the global economy. This will make each economy to determine where its strength lies and play up to it.

As for the indiginization policies, I hope you know GTB and Zenith bank have been Nigerian owned right from scratch. And UBA became what it is because of the merger with STB. STB was a rising star in the banking industry, if you remember.

"Pursue excellence and success will follow, pants down" - Ranchoddas Shamaldas Chanchad

"People do not have to believe in you for you to succeed. Work hard. When you succeed, they will believe." - Stephen Keshi
Old 30th November 2012, 02:17 PM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Chairman, Oga Oracle will be Oga Oracle. Na the thing the 'gods' tell am him go say. Sometimes, na him go tell them wetin dem go say!
You don use laff killi me.
Old 30th November 2012, 02:21 PM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Wetin dey happen for GSK. We never hear your thought about GSK.
Give me Ribena first make I drink!
Old 30th November 2012, 02:28 PM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by netotse View Post
The plant where I work was built by a chinese company, in the process, they brought about 1,700 workers (the fitters, welders, painters etc where chinese). That same exact rumour went round the plant too, (that some of the labourers were convicts,) it was one of the chinese engineers that was supposed to have said it. They were housed on a camp next to the site and were not allowed to leave for any reason, work hours were 7am - 7pm 7 days a week.

Didn't bother trying to confirm though, the fact that we were shipping in welders and fitters(wey no even sabi better work sef) was pissing me off too much already.

P.S. Sad truth is that I understand why they might have had to do that(ship in the whole china ), they spent two and a half years building the plant and throughout the entire period there was never any strike or unrest, imagine having to employ nigerian workers, na every three months them go dey lock you out of your own site!
(To the part in bold) Same thing here in PH. The french are camped in a place where they are not allowed to go out throughout their stay in PH except to the office, for party, for shopping but with heavy motorized escort. Some of them are managers, general managers and directors. If Braa Emma saw this, he may say they are convicts. But they are not!
Old 30th November 2012, 03:54 PM
Points: 5,512, Level: 47 Points: 5,512, Level: 47 Points: 5,512, Level: 47
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

goldsun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Give me Ribena first make I drink!
the gods need to wet their mouth
Old 30th November 2012, 04:17 PM
Forum Moderator
Points: 80,707, Level: 100 Points: 80,707, Level: 100 Points: 80,707, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
hispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nice

Quote:
The directors, as a matter of fact the board of Directors are of the opinion that increasing the holdings of GSK to 80% is in the best interest of the shareholders.
na who dey appoint directors?
Old 30th November 2012, 04:26 PM
Forum Moderator
Points: 80,707, Level: 100 Points: 80,707, Level: 100 Points: 80,707, Level: 100

hispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nicehispy99 is just really nice

Quote:
Goldsun, Nosa, Migiets, I understand but you Oracle, you of all people, na you come betray me like dis . Ok make I confess.

Na true, I dey scope Zanny (that was her pet name) but she no gree. I try everything, still no shows. I come go. When she was in charge of Transport, I went to meet her to 'settle' me. Me tell am say you no fit do dis job, abeg find me something before dem remove you. She laugh, she agree she no fit do the job (in 2009 we was indicted by a Senate committee) but nothing go remove am. Still she no find me something. Then she went to Petroleum. I was very happy. Now, she would have no excuse no to "find me something". I went to her as usual. When she saw me she was excited, This was the conversation:
Zanny: Eni!!, long time
Eni: (with a frown) Zanny, don't Eni me. Me sef wan chop fuel subsidy money.
Zanny: For where? If I say you no chop, you no chop
Eni: (I cool down small), Madam, the madam
Zanny: (cuts in) It's a matter of cash (sounded like thrash). Ok, I will do something, wait small
Eni: Zanny, what's this rumour with you and Jona. It can't be true.
Zanny: (cuts in angrily) Who told you, who told you!! You no dey mind your business, na the reason I no gree you. (bursts out laughing)
So where are we now? Act 3 Scene 2
Eni: (thinking... how I wish the rumour was about me)
Eni: WHat next after Petroluem? Finance?
Zanny: Aso Rock!
Eni: Aso Rock??
Zanny: (with absolute confidence) Yes, Aso Rock!
Eni: Is he going to make you Vice President or Chief of Staff?
Zanny: See you, mumu. Remain there.. (bursts out laughing hysterically then total silence)
Eni: Hmmm... you're going to be ..
Zanny: (interrupts) Are you thinking what I'm thinking? (then a mischevious look on her face)
But before I could respond, a call come in from one of the fuel subsidy barons and our meeting ended abruptly.

Stay tuned for more

#tRUTH
u and Ken Saro-Wiwa be brodas? Nice one!
Old 30th November 2012, 04:34 PM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
(To the part in bold) Same thing here in PH. The french are camped in a place where they are not allowed to go out throughout their stay in PH except to the office, for party, for shopping but with heavy motorized escort. Some of them are managers, general managers and directors. If Braa Emma saw this, he may say they are convicts. But they are not!
Na only French you know for NRC?...The Italians nko? I no know say na french full NRC o

Last edited by hispy99; 30th November 2012 at 05:53 PM.