Go Back   StockMarketNigeria.com Forums > Nigerian Stocks > Other Stocks & Investment strategies

Other Stocks & Investment strategies Discuss other stocks

Welcome to the StockMarketNigeria.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 9th April 2008, 05:30 PM
Points: 1,009, Level: 17 Points: 1,009, Level: 17 Points: 1,009, Level: 17
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
adeniyierinle is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Other factor

knightofdelta,you really did a thorough research on this company which is good.As it is,C&I Leasing is only one in that sector i.e this can influence the price too.What do you think?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 9th April 2008, 05:47 PM
Forum Moderator
Points: 41,085, Level: 100 Points: 41,085, Level: 100 Points: 41,085, Level: 100
Activity: 12%
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Groans: 16
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
knightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of light
Default Not a good buy at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adeniyierinle View Post
knightofdelta,you really did a thorough research on this company which is good.As it is,C&I Leasing is only one in that sector i.e this can influence the price too.What do you think?
The fact that they are the only company in the sector means that there is no benchmark to assess their performance. But if you take a good look at the stock market as a whole, I must confess this company is very expensive. Just because they are alone in the sector does not mean that investors will not punish them if they don't declare dividends that will match the market price, which will likely happen except they really declare some serious profits.

Buying into the shares will be like gambling, except if you know what you are doing. If you are looking at buying more shares, it will be good for you to look towards the banking sector for now.

The Knight of Delta.

The Knight of Delta.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10th April 2008, 11:42 AM
Points: 1,734, Level: 24 Points: 1,734, Level: 24 Points: 1,734, Level: 24

CINO is on a distinguished road

KOD,
Any idea on likely date of TS or PO? I want to offload b/4 then.
Old 10th April 2008, 08:08 PM
Forum Moderator
Points: 41,085, Level: 100 Points: 41,085, Level: 100 Points: 41,085, Level: 100

knightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINO View Post
KOD,
Any idea on likely date of TS or PO? I want to offload b/4 then.
Nope No idea

The Knight of Delta.
Old 16th April 2008, 08:07 PM
Forum Moderator

Why is C&I Leasing suddenly on demand? Any news about their full year results?

"Pursue excellence and success will follow, pants down" - Ranchoddas Shamaldas Chanchad

"People do not have to believe in you for you to succeed. Work hard. When you succeed, they will believe." - Stephen Keshi
Old 17th April 2008, 04:35 PM
Points: 1,114, Level: 18 Points: 1,114, Level: 18 Points: 1,114, Level: 18

AkeemAde is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to AkeemAde Send a message via Yahoo to AkeemAde
Default C & I Leasing

Please does anyone in the house know what was the result declared for C & I leasing for the year ended 31st January 2008. I saw on the vetiva site that C & I leasing will be doing their AGM on 29/4/2008
Old 17th April 2008, 06:14 PM
Points: 1,983, Level: 26 Points: 1,983, Level: 26 Points: 1,983, Level: 26

atebe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkeemAde View Post
Please does anyone in the house know what was the result declared for C & I leasing for the year ended 31st January 2008. I saw on the vetiva site that C & I leasing will be doing their AGM on 29/4/2008
Akeem,
I do not have any info but the stock has been bullish this week, rising from about N14.30 to N17 today. I entered it at N14.10 and just offloaded some at N17 this morning. Rumour has it that they will be doing a bonus issue...just a rumour...and I believe in anycase their result will be fantastic. Despite the bearish market, I imagine investors are holding on strong waiting for the favourable result thus creating scarcity and sending the price to the roof. I will wait for it to hit N20 and offload some more then take position after they close their register...or their PO as Knightofdelta suggested. I am not aware they are coming to the market again...

Last edited by atebe; 17th April 2008 at 06:19 PM.
Old 18th April 2008, 04:16 AM
Points: 5,691, Level: 48 Points: 5,691, Level: 48 Points: 5,691, Level: 48

panasharp is on a distinguished road

If C&I go through another offering, it should in longterm benefit the shareholders. The company gets additional "cheap" fund to support its expansion and hopefully reduce some the N300m it paid in interest in 2007. Hopefully, that will be dropped to the bottom line.
Old 18th April 2008, 06:04 PM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by atebe View Post
Akeem,
I do not have any info but the stock has been bullish this week, rising from about N14.30 to N17 today. I entered it at N14.10 and just offloaded some at N17 this morning. Rumour has it that they will be doing a bonus issue...just a rumour...and I believe in anycase their result will be fantastic. Despite the bearish market, I imagine investors are holding on strong waiting for the favourable result thus creating scarcity and sending the price to the roof. I will wait for it to hit N20 and offload some more then take position after they close their register...or their PO as Knightofdelta suggested. I am not aware they are coming to the market again...
C&I Leasing may have made so many of us richer but declaring a bonus issue at the current price??? The result they want to release must really be from the skies. I will not talk too much about that until I see 'em.

As for the price hitting N20, I doubt it. I am not ruling out the possibility though but there is something I am very convinced of, THE PRICE OF C&I LEASING AT THE MOMENT IS VERY EXPENSIVE based on the 3rd quarter results. And for me, I have ridden the wave long enough, I am getting out on Monday.

Thank you very much, C&I Leasing, I made over 150% when the going was good. But I'm out.

"Pursue excellence and success will follow, pants down" - Ranchoddas Shamaldas Chanchad

"People do not have to believe in you for you to succeed. Work hard. When you succeed, they will believe." - Stephen Keshi
Old 25th April 2008, 11:47 AM
Points: 980, Level: 16 Points: 980, Level: 16 Points: 980, Level: 16

papermaker is on a distinguished road
Default need help.

Sorry pls, i am new here and really don't know how to go about this site properly. i spent lots of time trying to ask questions to my fellow investors but it's been difficult. I just hope i get it this time. I want to get invested in shares and seeking the right shares to buy for a period of 5 months with good returns probably. penny or blue chip will do just fine. pls help??

Thanks.
Old 25th April 2008, 12:31 PM
Points: 8,673, Level: 62 Points: 8,673, Level: 62 Points: 8,673, Level: 62
Activity: 8%
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

solainvest will become famous soon enoughsolainvest will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to solainvest

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermaker View Post
Sorry pls, i am new here and really don't know how to go about this site properly. i spent lots of time trying to ask questions to my fellow investors but it's been difficult. I just hope i get it this time. I want to get invested in shares and seeking the right shares to buy for a period of 5 months with good returns probably. penny or blue chip will do just fine. pls help??

Thanks.
You are in the right thread but you are discussing under the wrong subject. You are currently in C & I Leasing.

Click on the link below and hopefully if you raise your question there (since it has to do with what you intend to buy), someone will surely come back to you.

What to Buy Now
Old 25th April 2008, 03:17 PM
Points: 980, Level: 16 Points: 980, Level: 16 Points: 980, Level: 16

papermaker is on a distinguished road
Default thanks solainvest.

Thanks for providing me with the right link to what i needed but as a senior member i think it will be wise to hear your ideas on the shares are best to be bought for a short term period.. thanks so much.
Old 30th April 2008, 02:51 PM
Points: 2,086, Level: 27 Points: 2,086, Level: 27 Points: 2,086, Level: 27

Tosjay is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofdelta View Post
C&I Leasing may have made so many of us richer but declaring a bonus issue at the current price??? The result they want to release must really be from the skies. I will not talk too much about that until I see 'em.

As for the price hitting N20, I doubt it. I am not ruling out the possibility though but there is something I am very convinced of, THE PRICE OF C&I LEASING AT THE MOMENT IS VERY EXPENSIVE based on the 3rd quarter results. And for me, I have ridden the wave long enough, I am getting out on Monday.

Thank you very much, C&I Leasing, I made over 150% when the going was good. But I'm out.
Any news about the outcome of C & I Leasing AGM meeting held on 29 April?
Thanks
Old 1st May 2008, 12:32 PM
Points: 3,055, Level: 34 Points: 3,055, Level: 34 Points: 3,055, Level: 34

riskreturn will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosjay View Post
Any news about the outcome of C & I Leasing AGM meeting held on 29 April?
Thanks
I guess it is this (reported in today's Business Day) you have in mind:

BusinessDay... the voice of business - C & I Leasing holds EGM, raises share capital
Old 1st May 2008, 07:33 PM
Points: 2,086, Level: 27 Points: 2,086, Level: 27 Points: 2,086, Level: 27

Tosjay is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by riskreturn View Post
I guess it is this (reported in today's Business Day) you have in mind:

BusinessDay... the voice of business - C & I Leasing holds EGM, raises share capital
Thank you for your help
Old 22nd May 2008, 08:43 AM
Points: 5,781, Level: 49 Points: 5,781, Level: 49 Points: 5,781, Level: 49

Groans: 1
blanka is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to blanka
Default C&i, We Await The Result!

Guys, any news about the much awaited audited report from this leasing company?
Old 22nd May 2008, 10:04 AM
Points: 6,389, Level: 52 Points: 6,389, Level: 52 Points: 6,389, Level: 52
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

newton is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to newton

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanka View Post
Guys, any news about the much awaited audited report from this leasing company?
None yet, it shd be very good though and i'd expected a bonus (say a 1:3) from their mgmt just 2 reward those who bought low (abt N1-N2) and are tempted to sell this period as they'd need to keep their price this high to get a TS so as to ride the tide during their proposed PO
Old 22nd May 2008, 08:03 PM
Points: 5,589, Level: 48 Points: 5,589, Level: 48 Points: 5,589, Level: 48

BLUEMONEY will become famous soon enoughBLUEMONEY will become famous soon enough
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by newton View Post
None yet, it shd be very good though and i'd expected a bonus (say a 1:3) from their mgmt just 2 reward those who bought low (abt N1-N2) and are tempted to sell this period as they'd need to keep their price this high to get a TS so as to ride the tide during their proposed PO
you are right. we are expecting the directors to declare a bonus this year
Old 30th May 2008, 02:43 PM
Points: 871, Level: 15 Points: 871, Level: 15 Points: 871, Level: 15

emmy4stock is on a distinguished road
Default can l buy c&l leasing now

pls l want to ask if l can buy c & l leasing now
thanks
Old 30th May 2008, 05:37 PM
Points: 5,589, Level: 48 Points: 5,589, Level: 48 Points: 5,589, Level: 48

BLUEMONEY will become famous soon enoughBLUEMONEY will become famous soon enough
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmy4stock View Post
pls l want to ask if l can buy c & l leasing now
thanks
It depends on what you realy want and how long you intend to hold the stock.
if you want to buy this stock because of the bonus, then you must understand that it is just market hearsay and not a must that the company will declare it. they were suppose to last year but didnt so the market is expecting it this year.
The company may also approach the market with a PO, so if you are long term and interested you may take the dive.