Go Back   StockMarketNigeria.com Forums > Nigerian Stocks > Other Stocks & Investment strategies

Other Stocks & Investment strategies Discuss other stocks

Welcome to the StockMarketNigeria.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #401 (permalink)  
Old 21st August 2014, 07:50 AM
yomikuri's Avatar
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 1,028, Level: 17
Points: 1,028, Level: 17 Points: 1,028, Level: 17 Points: 1,028, Level: 17
Activity: 11%
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 205
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
yomikuri is on a distinguished road
Default Re: C&I Leasing

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkpokiti View Post
Planned reconstruction: 1 for 8. Heheheheheheheheeeee!
dem for make am 1 for 2 nw.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #402 (permalink)  
Old 23rd August 2014, 05:27 PM
jamace's Avatar
Rank: Member
Points: 5,061, Level: 45
Points: 5,061, Level: 45 Points: 5,061, Level: 45 Points: 5,061, Level: 45
Activity: 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 81
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 7
jamace is on a distinguished road
Default Re: C&I Leasing

SEC must not allow this tactical robbery of investors' fund called reconstruction to happen. By the way, has CILEASING issued bonus to investors since enlisting on NSE? If yes, in what ratio?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #403 (permalink)  
Old 25th August 2014, 09:15 AM
yomikuri's Avatar
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 1,028, Level: 17
Points: 1,028, Level: 17 Points: 1,028, Level: 17 Points: 1,028, Level: 17
Activity: 11%
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 205
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
yomikuri is on a distinguished road
Default Re: C&I Leasing

diamond registrar quietly left a well known and befitting location and buildind to an obscure place without a sign post 13months after they moved, any wisdom in this? I have to trace them to their new location when i got to d old location at ogulana surulere and found d place abandoned with furnitures and fittings still intact.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #404 (permalink)  
Old 16th September 2014, 07:43 AM
wanaj0's Avatar
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 16,722, Level: 82
Points: 16,722, Level: 82 Points: 16,722, Level: 82 Points: 16,722, Level: 82
Activity: 19%
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,921
Thanks: 4
Thanked 261 Times in 209 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 13
wanaj0 has a spectacular aura aboutwanaj0 has a spectacular aura aboutwanaj0 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: C&I Leasing

Was this reconstruction approved?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #405 (permalink)  
Old 16th September 2014, 09:21 AM
Born 2be rich's Avatar
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 5,044, Level: 45
Points: 5,044, Level: 45 Points: 5,044, Level: 45 Points: 5,044, Level: 45
Activity: 26%
Activity: 26% Activity: 26% Activity: 26%
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,534
Thanks: 57
Thanked 47 Times in 33 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Born 2be rich is on a distinguished road
Default Re: C&I Leasing

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanaj0 View Post
Was this reconstruction approved?
No, it wasnt approved.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #406 (permalink)  
Old 16th September 2014, 10:34 AM
Oracle's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 27,205, Level: 97
Points: 27,205, Level: 97 Points: 27,205, Level: 97 Points: 27,205, Level: 97
Activity: 72%
Activity: 72% Activity: 72% Activity: 72%
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: PH
Posts: 9,544
Thanks: 233
Thanked 370 Times in 318 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 17 Times in 17 Posts
Rep Power: 14
Oracle is on a distinguished road
Default Re: C&I Leasing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2be rich View Post
No, it wasnt approved.
Any gidigbo?
__________________
For every buyer there is a seller, and the future will prove one of them to have made a mistake.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #407 (permalink)  
Old 16th September 2014, 10:55 AM
yomikuri's Avatar
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 1,028, Level: 17
Points: 1,028, Level: 17 Points: 1,028, Level: 17 Points: 1,028, Level: 17
Activity: 11%
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 205
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
yomikuri is on a distinguished road
Default Re: C&I Leasing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
Any gidigbo?
those that kicked against it what was their better idea? 'Enemies of progress'
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #408 (permalink)  
Old 16th September 2014, 11:21 AM
mecatchcha's Avatar
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 6,155, Level: 51
Points: 6,155, Level: 51 Points: 6,155, Level: 51 Points: 6,155, Level: 51
Activity: 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 507
Thanks: 12
Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 6 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 7
mecatchcha is on a distinguished road
Default Re: C&I Leasing

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomikuri View Post
those that kicked against it what was their better idea? 'Enemies of progress'
Chai chaii. Are you calling Oga Bivin1 enemy of progress? There is God ooooo.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #409 (permalink)  
Old 16th September 2014, 11:36 AM
Born 2be rich's Avatar
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 5,044, Level: 45
Points: 5,044, Level: 45 Points: 5,044, Level: 45 Points: 5,044, Level: 45
Activity: 26%
Activity: 26% Activity: 26% Activity: 26%
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,534
Thanks: 57
Thanked 47 Times in 33 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Born 2be rich is on a distinguished road
Default Re: C&I Leasing

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomikuri View Post
those that kicked against it what was their better idea? 'Enemies of progress'
Quote:
Originally Posted by mecatchcha View Post
Chai chaii. Are you calling Oga Bivin1 enemy of progress? There is God ooooo.
It wasnt stopped as a result of Oga Bivins1 letter. I believed they just changed their mind.

Thats all i can say on the issue.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #410 (permalink)  
Old 16th September 2014, 12:01 PM
wanaj0's Avatar
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 16,722, Level: 82
Points: 16,722, Level: 82 Points: 16,722, Level: 82 Points: 16,722, Level: 82
Activity: 19%
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,921
Thanks: 4
Thanked 261 Times in 209 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 13
wanaj0 has a spectacular aura aboutwanaj0 has a spectacular aura aboutwanaj0 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: C&I Leasing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2be rich View Post
It wasnt stopped as a result of Oga Bivins1 letter. I believed they just changed their mind.

Thats all i can say on the issue.
What about the MBO of the subsidiary? Did that one scaled through?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #411 (permalink)  
Old 16th September 2014, 12:21 PM
Born 2be rich's Avatar
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 5,044, Level: 45
Points: 5,044, Level: 45 Points: 5,044, Level: 45 Points: 5,044, Level: 45
Activity: 26%
Activity: 26% Activity: 26% Activity: 26%
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,534
Thanks: 57
Thanked 47 Times in 33 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Born 2be rich is on a distinguished road
Default Re: C&I Leasing

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanaj0 View Post
What about the MBO of the subsidiary? Did that one scaled through?
I am not sure about the proposed MBO of the subsidiary as my intention when i discussed with a friend on this issue was basically on if the share reconstruction was going to hold or not..

However, i can make more inquiries on your question if you wish.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #412 (permalink)  
Old 16th September 2014, 02:48 PM
bivins1's Avatar
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 12,647, Level: 73
Points: 12,647, Level: 73 Points: 12,647, Level: 73 Points: 12,647, Level: 73
Activity: 70%
Activity: 70% Activity: 70% Activity: 70%
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,355
Thanks: 73
Thanked 163 Times in 125 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 9
bivins1 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: C&I Leasing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecatchcha View Post
Chai chaii. Are you calling Oga Bivin1 enemy of progress? There is God ooooo.
Bros Mecatchcha, na so life be na . If you ask Sir Yomi why he wants the reconstruction , he wont be able to tell you anything. I have asked before,what stock in the NSE has ever undergone reconstruction and attained the price it was before reconstruction? People would have made money when they bought the stock after the associated fall with the reconstruction but they never got near pre reconstruction price. Sterling bank was selling over 6 naira pre reconstruction. Does anybody remember goldlink? what of IEI people are raving about ? Even ETI that dashed us shares has not reached the previous price before then
Na so life be . I don turn evil spirit because I asked a question. A devious plan they hid from investors till the a day to the AGM.
We blame Government but some of us are worse . Just because you are going to make money from some wicked arrangement by a company, it doesnt matter to you if your father , mother , brother or sister drops dead at the value erosion created by such inimical move.
Whether the reconstruction was cancelled because of my letter or not, All i can say is we have not heard the last of the matter yet. I know it is being investigated and for those who have better idea of why an illiquid stock having less than 2 billion outstanding shares should reconstructed , please come and tell us. we are all ears

Last edited by bivins1; 16th September 2014 at 02:53 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #413 (permalink)  
Old 16th September 2014, 03:01 PM
dupeodus's Avatar
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 1,756, Level: 24
Points: 1,756, Level: 24 Points: 1,756, Level: 24 Points: 1,756, Level: 24
Activity: 15%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 102
Thanks: 1
Thanked 20 Times in 13 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 0
dupeodus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: C&I Leasing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivins1 View Post
Bros Mecatchcha, na so life be na . If you ask Sir Yomi why he wants the reconstruction , he wont be able to tell you anything. I have asked before,what stock in the NSE has ever undergone reconstruction and attained the price it was before reconstruction? People would have made money when they bought the stock after the associated fall with the reconstruction but they never got near pre reconstruction price. Sterling bank was selling over 6 naira pre reconstruction. Does anybody remember goldlink? what of IEI people are raving about ? Even ETI that dashed us shares has not reached the previous price before then
Na so life be . I don turn evil spirit because I asked a question. A devious plan they hid from investors till the a day to the AGM.
We blame Government but some of us are worse . Just because you are going to make money from some wicked arrangement by a company, it doesnt matter to you if your father , mother , brother or sister drops dead at the value erosion created by such inimical move.
Whether the reconstruction was cancelled because of my letter or not, All i can say is we have not heard the last of the matter yet. I know it is being investigated and for those who have better idea of why an illiquid stock having less than 2 billion outstanding shares should reconstructed , please come and tell us. we are all ears
I do believe that there are situations that warrant shares reconstruction but not in the case of C&I Leasing. If a penny stock has fundamentally sound and profitable business and wants to attract the attention of institutional investors who would otherwise have ignored the stock, then a shares reconstruction among other positive measures like improved corporate governance can be done.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #414 (permalink)  
Old 16th September 2014, 03:12 PM
shams_dos's Avatar
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 6,816, Level: 54
Points: 6,816, Level: 54 Points: 6,816, Level: 54 Points: 6,816, Level: 54
Activity: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 483
Thanks: 43
Thanked 31 Times in 27 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 8
shams_dos is on a distinguished road
Default Re: C&I Leasing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dupeodus View Post
I do believe that there are situations that warrant shares reconstruction but not in the case of C&I Leasing. If a penny stock has fundamentally sound and profitable business and wants to attract the attention of institutional investors who would otherwise have ignored the stock, then a shares reconstruction among other positive measures like improved corporate governance can be done.
Oga Duppsy.. Abeg what are the reason why a Penny stock would want the attention of the institutional investors...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #415 (permalink)  
Old 16th September 2014, 03:21 PM
bivins1's Avatar
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 12,647, Level: 73
Points: 12,647, Level: 73 Points: 12,647, Level: 73 Points: 12,647, Level: 73
Activity: 70%
Activity: 70% Activity: 70% Activity: 70%
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,355
Thanks: 73
Thanked 163 Times in 125 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 9
bivins1 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: C&I Leasing

Quote:
Originally Posted by shams_dos View Post
Oga Duppsy.. Abeg what are the reason why a Penny stock would want the attention of the institutional investors...
Good Kwesion Sir Shamdos if not for cowboy tins
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #416 (permalink)  
Old 16th September 2014, 03:33 PM
migiets's Avatar
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 15,226, Level: 79
Points: 15,226, Level: 79 Points: 15,226, Level: 79 Points: 15,226, Level: 79
Activity: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,120
Thanks: 128
Thanked 166 Times in 151 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 10 Times in 10 Posts
Rep Power: 11
migiets is on a distinguished road
Default Re: C&I Leasing

Quote:
Originally Posted by shams_dos View Post
Oga Duppsy.. Abeg what are the reason why a Penny stock would want the attention of the institutional investors...
To attract them for a possible take-over and injection of funds and expertise.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #417 (permalink)  
Old 16th September 2014, 03:38 PM
bivins1's Avatar
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 12,647, Level: 73
Points: 12,647, Level: 73 Points: 12,647, Level: 73 Points: 12,647, Level: 73
Activity: 70%
Activity: 70% Activity: 70% Activity: 70%
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,355
Thanks: 73
Thanked 163 Times in 125 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 9
bivins1 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: C&I Leasing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dupeodus View Post
I do believe that there are situations that warrant shares reconstruction but not in the case of C&I Leasing. If a penny stock has fundamentally sound and profitable business and wants to attract the attention of institutional investors who would otherwise have ignored the stock, then a shares reconstruction among other positive measures like improved corporate governance can be done.
Sir Dupsy, if a penny stock has all the following qualities and its growing its revenue efficiently, sooner than later, it will stop being a penny stock. C and I leasing is a very good business but its a badly run company. If they think doing share reconstruction for outstanding shares of less than 2 billion, that just confirms to you that those manager take like 5 bottles of orijin before coming to work everyday . Let them follow all the qualities you have listed above and lets see if they wont get the attention of institutional investors. Any leadway insurance the biggest insurance company is one of their major shareholder .
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #418 (permalink)  
Old 16th September 2014, 03:49 PM
dupeodus's Avatar
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 1,756, Level: 24
Points: 1,756, Level: 24 Points: 1,756, Level: 24 Points: 1,756, Level: 24
Activity: 15%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 102
Thanks: 1
Thanked 20 Times in 13 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 0
dupeodus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: C&I Leasing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivins1 View Post
Sir Dupsy, if a penny stock has all the following qualities and its growing its revenue efficiently, sooner than later, it will stop being a penny stock. C and I leasing is a very good business but its a badly run company. If they think doing share reconstruction for outstanding shares of less than 2 billion, that just confirms to you that those manager take like 5 bottles of orijin before coming to work everyday . Let them follow all the qualities you have listed above and lets see if they wont get the attention of institutional investors. Any leadway insurance the biggest insurance company is one of their major shareholder .
Oga bivins1, I completely agree with you. How did you recognized me though? Pm me at Modupe@comcast.net
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VT Leasing hispy99 Private Placements 1 24th November 2009 05:38 PM


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0
StockMarketNigeria.comAd Management plugin by RedTyger
no new posts

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37