StockMarketNigeria.com Forums

StockMarketNigeria.com Forums (http://www.stockmarketnigeria.com/forums/)
-   Other Stocks & Investment strategies (http://www.stockmarketnigeria.com/forums/other-stocks-investment-strategies/)
-   -   Starcomms (http://www.stockmarketnigeria.com/forums/other-stocks-investment-strategies/937-starcomms.html)

Apache 18th January 2008 10:49 AM

Starcomms

Hi Guys,
I read from an IBTC report that Starcomms will be coming up with an Offer in the first quarter of this year. The problem is that the report didn't state if it was going to be a private placement or a public offer, but one thing for sure is that IBTC is involved which is not a good thing for us. I say this bcos when it comes to pps, IBTC always favour their clients first. The redstar pp readily comes to mind where it open and closed on the same day bcos IBTC clients had already indicated interest for the whole units on offer.
Anywayz, i am alerting the forum so as to keep your ears to the ground for any info.

crtide 18th January 2008 01:08 PM

Heard it was going to be PP but later changed to IPO.
Lets all just keep our ears close to the ground...PP or IPO, it is one not to miss

Ladi Jay 18th January 2008 02:32 PM

Starcomms Offer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apache (Post 10316)
Hi Guys,
I read from an IBTC report that Starcomms will be coming up with an Offer in the first quarter of this year. The problem is that the report didn't state if it was going to be a private placement or a public offer, but one thing for sure is that IBTC is involved which is not a good thing for us. I say this bcos when it comes to pps, IBTC always favour their clients first. The redstar pp readily comes to mind where it open and closed on the same day bcos IBTC clients had already indicated interest for the whole units on offer.
Anywayz, i am alerting the forum so as to keep your ears to the ground for any info.

Apache,

thx ......let's get more info. about this and spread d good news.

CHEERS.

newton 18th January 2008 02:38 PM

I think any1 in d house who knows some1 (mgr ..) wking in starcomms shd try to get some info abt this. As Apache said, those ppl at ibtc can be funny wt pp especially if its a really good 1

Etubom 20th January 2008 02:27 AM

Insider info necessary

Quote:

Originally Posted by newton (Post 10328)
I think any1 in d house who knows some1 (mgr ..) wking in starcomms shd try to get some info abt this. As Apache said, those ppl at ibtc can be funny wt pp especially if its a really good 1

Newton,
Could not agree more with you. We absolutely need insider info on this otherwise it will just be up in the air. Before you can say "jack", it will be all over. All these money bags, and newly rich politicos have thier PAs, scanning and sniffing the air for these juicy PPs, and they just use move in like vultures with other people's money (OPM). No, make that "our money"!

Secondary markets do not hold much attraction for them anymore.

chidianosike 20th January 2008 08:42 PM

Lets assume its not an IPO but a PP, i predict the price and minimum units on offer will be over the roof for some of we marginal players. Only the big fishes would be able to play (case in study Tantalizers PP).

But there has to be a way we can get in. Cant we form cells of 5 to 10 guys who can do 500k-1m to enable us get in and we can share through cross deals after d shares have been listed? I'm just thinking aloud. Tantalizers may be late already but we can position ourselves for Starcomms.
well said etubom, thats why d rich will keep getting richer, they get the info and they have d means to use the info they get to create wealth. But we'll break into that circle someday.

newton 21st January 2008 09:36 AM

Nice 1 chidi,
But 1 has 2 be careful forming cells of this nature as it'l require some levl of understandin. But definitely its possible. Count me in!

isaac425 22nd January 2008 07:40 AM

great news

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apache (Post 10316)
Hi Guys,

lets keep our ears to the ground. i will also do some home work and get back to u guys.

richestowealth 24th January 2008 07:33 PM

I wanted to ask who Starcomms was but, I did a lil investigation on them and got my fill. Would definitely keep some money for this. Should be juicy. Hint. Actis is a core investor.

Olayimika 24th January 2008 11:01 PM

Starcomms PP

Pls confirm from your sources, but i believe by now IBTC would have been doing the in-house allotment

bjluv 2nd February 2008 08:53 PM

is this IPO or PO? Any info already???

olusolakemmy 2nd February 2008 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjluv (Post 10753)
is this IPO or PO? Any info already???

Starcomm is comming to the public for the 1st time, so its initial public offer, IPO.

Olayimika 2nd February 2008 11:44 PM

starcomms had a pp mid January and IBTC was the issuing house.Only the big Boys made it on the list as it strictly PRIVATE
U know what i mean:p:D:D:p

Olayimika 2nd February 2008 11:55 PM

starcomms had a pp mid January and IBTC was the issuing house.Only the big Boys made it on the list as it was strictly PRIVATE

hardrock_niga 3rd February 2008 04:15 PM

starcoms

IBTC is really becoming a monopoly when it gets to PP. See what they did to MTN PP (though expensive).Osareme archibong (IBTC)and Co. just kept it to themselves though i heard they packaged it for Oil company co-opertive societies (Mobil in particular). they should realise that some of us can dole out 100kUS$. keep us informed of the starcomms deal.

olusolakemmy 3rd February 2008 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardrock_niga (Post 10776)
IBTC is really becoming a monopoly when it gets to PP. See what they did to MTN PP (though expensive).Osareme archibong (IBTC)and Co. just kept it to themselves though i heard they packaged it for Oil company co-opertive societies (Mobil in particular). they should realise that some of us can dole out 100kUS$. keep us informed of the starcomms deal.

as you can see, starcomm deal is sealed, signed and delivered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
we can only wait till it is listed, scarcity will set in, it will rally for about one month, when the price quadriple, it will fall slightly, then do an IPO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats the pattern:mad::eek:
the rich will continue to get richer, you and i can only pray to break and get to the top, its so juicy at the top. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apache 4th February 2008 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olayimika (Post 10759)
starcomms had a pp mid January and IBTC was the issuing house.Only the big Boys made it on the list as it was strictly PRIVATE

Please can someone that knows someone in IBTC asset management confirm this

newton 4th February 2008 10:44 AM

Called their contact line, from the website, a lady confirmed that the deal is concluded

Betiku Franklin Olugbenga 4th February 2008 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apache (Post 10808)
Please can someone that knows someone in IBTC asset management confirm this

I am going in that direction today.
And i think i should be able to get the gist from them:rolleyes:

Apache 4th February 2008 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newton (Post 10811)
Called their contact line, from the website, a lady confirmed that the deal is concluded

I called a friend of mine that works in IBTC asset management but he said otherwise. He was saying maybe pple are confusing it with the MTN pp. Meanwhile, the IBTC report i read didn't sound like it was going to happen in January. Can someone else confirm again and make it very clear that it's not the MTN pp