Go Back   StockMarketNigeria.com Forums > Financial products and resources > Personal Finance/ Financial Planning

Personal Finance/ Financial Planning Chat on Financial planning, Debt, Loans, Personal Expenses, Pension etc

Welcome to the StockMarketNigeria.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 29th November 2016, 08:40 PM
Forum Moderator
Points: 32,257, Level: 100 Points: 32,257, Level: 100 Points: 32,257, Level: 100
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Groans: 18
Groaned at 14 Times in 13 Posts
waaan5 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Economicwatch

Buhari Launches Massive Pipeline Project From NIGER Republic To Kaduna - The Trent

good way to spend the money.

next should be massive oil exploration in argungu lake, sokoto and katsina. the north west zone share border with Niger, so they should have oil too.

the economic diversification effort must be sustained.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 29th November 2016, 09:13 PM
Forum Moderator
Points: 32,257, Level: 100 Points: 32,257, Level: 100 Points: 32,257, Level: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by duduspace View Post
How have I stopped you from seeking greener pastures ? Nor be you dey blame yourself before say you nor shift base when your paddies dey comot before ?
My travelling and being separated from my family when I could have been in naija is already my own suffering. I know because I experienced it.
Also you dont particularly have to acknowledge my 'suffering'. Na every man know him own tory and for the records, I didnt 'run away' or else I wouldnt be here. I only embarked on a journey of self improvement. An opprtunity that might be closed to others because your padi went on a self sponsored journey to help elect a US president interested in building walls.
Quote:
Well, unlike some people I dont think solely of how policies affect me since they are made for the entire society and not solely for me. I am not that selfish in my thinking and reasoning.
Also, the president elect's definition of 'illegal' might be different from yours or indeed mine. Others preffer to use the term 'undocumented' than 'illegal' because the law and individual circumstance changes over time.

The question that bothers me a bit is, why does the US need a wall now when it has survived centuries without one and why should a Nigerian be so interested in such a wall to sponsor himself abroad to go and campaign for a person who wants to build such a wall ? If you can give me a 'reasonable' answer to such a question I'd be grateful but just keep in mind that our definition of what is reasonable might differ
Quote:
Originally Posted by migiets View Post
Na your money e take go?. Why you dey drink panadol for another person headache?.

You seems to be picking on this wall building of a thing. Was that the campaign slogan or the centre campaign theme of the US President elect?.
world civilization, liberty and freedom, were under severe threat. That was why we had to get involved consummately. Thank God for the victory

As a consequence of Trump's win, watch central authority gradual return to Aleppo and the wider Syria. Watch isis gradually discomfited. watch a reset of the world order, this time, underpinned by ethics and morality. watch a reawakening of oppressed peoples.

Yes, i have a stake in the US. And Trump MUST build that WALL. AMERICA will be great again.

NB: Dudu, you can refuse to be deceived time, and again. It is debatable that Trump won the popular vote too (if you discount the illegals)

Last edited by waaan5; 29th November 2016 at 09:32 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 29th November 2016, 10:53 PM
Points: 12,284, Level: 72 Points: 12,284, Level: 72 Points: 12,284, Level: 72

Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Babs_O will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by waaan5 View Post
world civilization, liberty and freedom, were under severe threat. That was why we had to get involved consummately. Thank God for the victory

As a consequence of Trump's win, watch central authority gradual return to Aleppo and the wider Syria. Watch isis gradually discomfited. watch a reset of the world order, this time, underpinned by ethics and morality. watch a reawakening of oppressed peoples.

Yes, i have a stake in the US. And Trump MUST build that WALL. AMERICA will be great again.

NB: Dudu, you can refuse to be deceived time, and again. It is debatable that Trump won the popular vote too (if you discount the illegals)
You missed the sweet Trump rally on wall street. Wish it was NSE rallying
The standard of living of any society is based on the goods and services available therein. The result of business ventures. My prayer is for God's mercy to save us from the hands of Nigerians who come to leadership positions to set the country backwards.
The Following User Says Thank You to Babs_O For This Useful Post:
waaan5 (30th November 2016)
Old 29th November 2016, 11:01 PM
Points: 5,577, Level: 48 Points: 5,577, Level: 48 Points: 5,577, Level: 48
Activity: 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
dupeodus is on a distinguished road

Quote:

The ability of Trump to do much damage in the United States is limited because of the structures that exist. If anything, the folks that will suffer most are mostly his voters. They are used to that anyway because they have been voting against their economic interests for ages. Unfortunately, the rest of the world will bear the bigger brunt of this stupidity.
Old 30th November 2016, 06:01 AM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs_O View Post
Thanks my brother. Indeed. It is a side benefit. Smart money sees beyond propagandas.

Compare the reaction of the wall Street (NYSE) at Trump's win, with the Custom Street's reaction (collapse of the NSE) at Buhari's emergence. Smart money is always right

Last edited by waaan5; 30th November 2016 at 06:50 AM.
Old 30th November 2016, 06:14 AM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dupeodus View Post
The ability of Trump to do much damage in the United States is limited because of the structures that exist. If anything, the folks that will suffer most are mostly his voters. They are used to that anyway because they have been voting against their economic interests for ages. Unfortunately, the rest of the world will bear the bigger brunt of this stupidity.

Why then are the liberals livid? Why is Obama petrified of what Trump can do to his legacy?

For your information, the power of a potus (president of the United states) is enormous. For a start, the immoral liberals have just lost the culture war

Trump will remake America for decades to come. Watch out for his supreme court nominees soon.

There will be no stopping of his agenda, as the republicans control the Senate, house of reps, and a vast majority of state executives as well.

Btw, This was how you predicted a clinton's landslide, while arguing with me.

You need to relocate from the east coast to better understand the real America

Last edited by waaan5; 30th November 2016 at 08:20 AM.
Old 30th November 2016, 07:38 AM
Points: 13,974, Level: 76 Points: 13,974, Level: 76 Points: 13,974, Level: 76
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Groans: 2
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
overload is on a distinguished road

https://www.thecable.ng/exclusive-nc...e-data-tariffs

EXCLUSIVE: Why NCC asked big operators to raise data tariffs

Quote:
The document seen by TheCable says in line with its mandate of promoting fair competition in the industry, the commission monitored activities in the data market segment “and observed that a significant reduction in current market prices for data services; in addition to complaints by subscribers to re-introduce the price floor for data services”.

It gave five reasons for re-introducing the price floor, which was first introduced in 2014 and suspended in October 2015.

The reasons are:

Some service providers were actually pricing their services below cost, a situation which could spell doom for the industry.
Dominant Operators in the wholesale leased line market, who also operate in the retail market embarked on massive predatory pricing, a conduct capable of substantially lessening competition.
The removal of floor price for data resulted in eroding value in the market.
The need to safeguard investment and ensure growth, development and sustainability of the telecoms industry.
It is important to maintain the integrity of the network as operators lack capacity to accommodate the volume of transaction on their network.

It said: “When markets work efficiently, companies provide customers with more choice, lower prices better quality products and services. However, due to market imperfections, market forces alone cannot be entirely relied upon to discipline the operators to ensure efficient market conducts and promote market efficiency.

I seem to agree with NCC on this..

Telcos should compete of value added services rather than cannibalizing themselves
Old 30th November 2016, 08:00 AM

$1bn spent on kerosene subsidy in 2015 – Osinbajo - Punch Newspapers
Old 30th November 2016, 08:01 AM

Fuel subsidy stoppage saves FG $15.4bn – Kachikwu - Punch Newspapers

Outlining the achievements recorded under his stewardship, Kachikwu said Nigeria was able to sign Memoranda of Understandings worth about $80bn during his recent trips to China and India; partial resuscitation of the Port Harcourt, Warri and Kaduna refineries; repair of products’ pipelines; and the resuscitation of supply of products from Atlas Cove-Mosimi-Ibadan-Ilorin after a six-year lull.

Others, according to the statement, include improved crude oil supply to the Warri and Kaduna refineries and savings of $15.4bn for the Federal Government as a result of the elimination of subsidy payments for petroleum products.
Old 30th November 2016, 08:57 AM
Points: 5,595, Level: 48 Points: 5,595, Level: 48 Points: 5,595, Level: 48

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
oluseyi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Thanks my brother. Indeed. It is a side benefit. Smart money sees beyond propagandas.

Compare the reaction of the wall Street (NYSE) at Trump's win, with the Custom Street's reaction (collapse of the NSE) at Buhari's emergence. Smart money is always right
Noooooo. It was the other way round. NYSE reacted negatively to Trump's victory while NSE rewarded investors with PMB's victory. However, it has since reversed.
Old 30th November 2016, 09:06 AM
Points: 27,399, Level: 98 Points: 27,399, Level: 98 Points: 27,399, Level: 98

Groaned at 11 Times in 11 Posts
migiets is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs_O View Post
That is why i wonder why our NSE did not rally with the CHANGE matra. Afterall, the CHANGE leader was supposed to be a better and upright person than Trump.

Want things to change fast ? ..... put all politicians at all levels on minimum wage.
Old 30th November 2016, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Why then are the liberals livid? Why is Obama petrified of what Trump can do to his legacy?

For your information, the power of a potus (president of the United states) is enormous. For a start, the immoral liberals have just lost the culture war

Trump will remake America for decades to come. Watch out for his supreme court nominees soon.

There will be no stopping of his agenda, as the republicans control the Senate, house of reps, and a vast majority of state executives as well.

Btw, This was how you predicted a clinton's landslide, while arguing with me

You need to relocate from the east coast to better understand the real America
Is he not right just like T.B Joshua?. Did Clinton not win the popular votes by a landslide?.

I had to laugh at one of my classmates in the US who was calling on people to go and sign a petition that the popular votes should be use and that he has signed. I had to tell him that he is exhibiting the 'backward' and 'stupid' mentality of the average black man that has kept the black man retrogressive. My having to yab him was on the premise that why should he want the law to be change when the game has already been concluded and that what then happens in future if his prefer candidate wins the electoral votes but loses the popular votes. Clinton that contested has congratulated and moved on and yet those that are 'not really son of the soil' are making noise.

Want things to change fast ? ..... put all politicians at all levels on minimum wage.
The Following User Says Thank You to migiets For This Useful Post:
waaan5 (30th November 2016)
Old 30th November 2016, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oluseyi View Post
Noooooo. It was the other way round. NYSE reacted negatively to Trump's victory while NSE rewarded investors with PMB's victory. However, it has since reversed.
What was the reason for the reversal?.

Old 30th November 2016, 09:34 AM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
The Bloomberg writer has impartially told us the truth about how we got to this state. How we get out of it is left in our hands. Talk is cheap, action matters more with regards to the state in which we exit the recession and set ourselves up for the future.
A house divided against itself is certain to be full of troubles.
The most a person can do for his country is to love it and seek its good always and not be part of the divisions that keep it going around in circles.
Selective amnesia. Typical of duduspace. So Bloomberg told you how you got into this economic mess, and did not also tell you how you can get out?

Bloomberg told you how to come out of what is now shaping as an economic depression.

Bloomberg said Nigeria can start from removing the currency controls that does nothing other than feed massive corruption.
Old 30th November 2016, 09:44 AM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oluseyi View Post
Oh, we are talking about sustained market rally (NYSE), vs market crash (NSE), not some market blips
Old 30th November 2016, 09:52 AM

Osinbajo: Nigeria to Make FX More Flexible, Conclude Eurobond End of Q1 | THISDAYLIVE

The goal post for the Eurobond sale still being shifted again...
Old 30th November 2016, 09:53 AM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Is he not right just like T.B Joshua?. Did Clinton not win the popular votes by a landslide?.

I had to laugh at one of my classmates in the US who was calling on people to go and sign a petition that the popular votes should be use and that he has signed. I had to tell him that he is exhibiting the 'backward' and 'stupid' mentality of the average black man that has kept the black man retrogressive. My having to yab him was on the premise that why should he want the law to be change when the game has already been concluded and that what then happens in future if his prefer candidate wins the electoral votes but loses the popular votes. Clinton that contested has congratulated and moved on and yet those that are 'not really son of the soil' are making noise.
Indeed. Many people don't even understand how US democracy (including some Nigerians in the US) work.

They dont understand the term 'battle ground states'.

If Trump was looking for popular vote, all he needs do was campaign in only three states - California, new York and Texas. And while at it, he will throw in a promise to grant citizenship to all illegal immigrants., and an 'open border' to all sort of 'refugees'

You don't blame them. You should blame the CNN (aka Clinton News Network).

Was it not one of our own here that after watching too much CNN, was hoping the electoral college will annoint his candidate Clinton as the president?

And when a scammer called for a recount in one or two states, were some of them not giving money online for such project, while others were holding out some hopes on that?

Not understanding that Trump is now with over 300 officially credited electoral votes, like I called out here some weeks ag.

Make you leave them

Last edited by waaan5; 30th November 2016 at 10:04 AM.
Old 30th November 2016, 10:21 AM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by overload View Post
Fuel subsidy stoppage saves FG $15.4bn – Kachikwu - Punch Newspapers

Outlining the achievements recorded under his stewardship, Kachikwu said Nigeria was able to sign Memoranda of Understandings worth about $80bn during his recent trips to China and India; partial resuscitation of the Port Harcourt, Warri and Kaduna refineries; repair of products’ pipelines; and the resuscitation of supply of products from Atlas Cove-Mosimi-Ibadan-Ilorin after a six-year lull.

Others, according to the statement, include improved crude oil supply to the Warri and Kaduna refineries and savings of $15.4bn for the Federal Government as a result of the elimination of subsidy payments for petroleum products.
Is Ibe making a validatory speech or something? Is he on his way out? Impossible is Nothing in Nigeria.
Old 30th November 2016, 10:22 AM
Points: 12,815, Level: 73 Points: 12,815, Level: 73 Points: 12,815, Level: 73

Groans: 3
pegheneji is on a distinguished road

Quote:

It is the same mentality that is making Idemudia and Osobaifo to clap for Lord Mayor when ever he tries to pocket the Judiciary and the NASS even when was even asking for 'Emergency Powers'. Without such powers his agent can carry out 'Shina Rambo' with Supreme Court Judges. what will happen if he was given such powers?
Some Osobaifos will even say Jordan City needs a 'Benevolence Dictatorship' but will not tell you the level or degree or limit of such benevolence.
Old 30th November 2016, 10:40 AM
Points: 23,597, Level: 94 Points: 23,597, Level: 94 Points: 23,597, Level: 94
Activity: 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Groans: 1
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
duduspace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Selective amnesia. Typical of duduspace. So Bloomberg told you how you got into this economic mess, and did not also tell you how you can get out?

Bloomberg told you how to come out of what is now shaping as an economic depression.

Bloomberg said Nigeria can start from removing the currency controls that does nothing other than feed massive corruption.
I dont necessarily have to agree with everything bloomberg says. I am not garbage in garbage out like you. I actually do process information.

The part on which myself and Bloomberg agree is how we came to be here. We can disagree on how we get out of here because the past is set but the future is fluid. They can take a bus while I take a plane or they can even choose to remain here.

Last edited by duduspace; 30th November 2016 at 10:44 AM.