Go Back   StockMarketNigeria.com Forums > Financial products and resources > Personal Finance/ Financial Planning

Personal Finance/ Financial Planning Chat on Financial planning, Debt, Loans, Personal Expenses, Pension etc

Welcome to the StockMarketNigeria.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 30th November 2016, 10:47 AM
Points: 27,487, Level: 98 Points: 27,487, Level: 98 Points: 27,487, Level: 98
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Groans: 0
Groaned at 11 Times in 11 Posts
migiets is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Economicwatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by waaan5 View Post
Indeed. Many people don't even understand how US democracy (including some Nigerians in the US) work.

They dont understand the term 'battle ground states'.

If Trump was looking for popular vote, all he needs do was campaign in only three states - California, new York and Texas. And while at it, he will throw in a promise to grant citizenship to all illegal immigrants., and an 'open border' to all sort of 'refugees'

You don't blame them. You should blame the CNN (aka Clinton News Network).

Was it not one of our own here that after watching too much CNN, was hoping the electoral college will annoint his candidate Clinton as the president?

And when a scammer called for a recount in one or two states, were some of them not giving money online for such project, while others were holding out some hopes on that?

Not understanding that Trump is now with over 300 officially credited electoral votes, like I called out here some weeks ag.

Make you leave them
When i also started reading this on some of our black brother's in the US facebook wall, i shook my head. While the Asians and others are strategizing on how to profit from the Trump Presidency, our black brothers are signing online petition for the use of popular votes that will make Clinton the POTUS and also 'praying and fasting' for the electoral college to anoint Clinton.

Btw, you self, you are a very wicked somebody. How can you be wasting our scarce Forex by going to US to support somebody that wants to build a wall to prevent people from entering illegally into US?. Don't you want us to go there and earn Forex?. Don't you know that i had already planned on using the Mexico route to enter US as it is now very dangerous to use the Libya route to enter Europe?.

Want things to change fast ? ..... put all politicians at all levels on minimum wage.

Last edited by migiets; 30th November 2016 at 10:50 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 30th November 2016, 11:04 AM
Points: 23,840, Level: 94 Points: 23,840, Level: 94 Points: 23,840, Level: 94
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Groans: 1
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
duduspace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Why then are the liberals livid? Why is Obama petrified of what Trump can do to his legacy?

For your information, the power of a potus (president of the United states) is enormous. For a start, the immoral liberals have just lost the culture war

Trump will remake America for decades to come. Watch out for his supreme court nominees soon.

There will be no stopping of his agenda, as the republicans control the Senate, house of reps, and a vast majority of state executives as well.

Btw, This was how you predicted a clinton's landslide, while arguing with me.

You need to relocate from the east coast to better understand the real America
The bolded is laughable and only illustrates the stupidity of the evangelical establishment that voted overwelmingly for Trump because of what they were told in Church.
You know how desperate people who misguidedly see themselves as vanguards of morality have become when they adopt an epitome of immorality such as Trump to be the protector of the morality they hold so dear and want to enforce on others.
I could have educated them from my experience in OAU with how student union presidential hopefuls used to become 'born again' besieging the UJCM anytime they needed votes, not sure if that is still the norm in OAU or if people have learnt.

The only thing the conservative party will gain is a person they believe to be a 'conservative judge' on the Supreme court, after that nothing else is guaranteed. Whoever they put in could kick the bucket the next day, become embroiled in a scandal down the line or even give rulings that are not necessarily 'conservative'.

It is a pity you still cannot understand why religion and politics do not mix. I can only laugh at the stupidity of this statement that a party would win culture wars because they won the presidency. Since when has the cultural direction of a country depended on its president ? Even monarchies and dictators are often not culturally influential talk less of western democracies that have their cornerstone in freedom of expression and individual rights of the individual.

Even Trump himself is not that stupid, perhaps Trump's 'genius' is that he accurately identified the groups that could be easily manipulated this way and had no scruples in manipulating them so ruthlessly while his opponents were still pontificating on the rights and wrongs of such exploitation of the gullible.

Last edited by duduspace; 30th November 2016 at 11:13 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 30th November 2016, 11:10 AM
Points: 3,869, Level: 39 Points: 3,869, Level: 39 Points: 3,869, Level: 39
Activity: 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Iroquoi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Is Ibe making a validatory speech or something? Is he on his way out? Impossible is Nothing in Nigeria.
I wondered too ?

He seems to be everywhere though ! Sometimes he is quoted as commenting on ( or is it AT ?) the OPEC oil meeting.
Old 30th November 2016, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duduspace View Post
The bolded is laughable and only illustrates the stupidity of the evangelical establishment that voted overwelmingly for Trump because of what they were told in Church.
You know how desperate people who misguidedly see themselves as vanguards of morality have become when they adopt an epitome of immorality such as Trump to be the protector of the morality they hold so dear and want to enforce on others.
I could have educated them from my experience in OAU with how student union presidential hopefuls used to become 'born again' besieging the UJCM anytime they needed votes, not sure if that is still the norm in OAU or if people have learnt.

The only thing the conservative party will gain is a person they believe to be a 'conservative judge' on the Supreme court, after that nothing else is guaranteed. Whoever they put in could kick the bucket the next day, become embroiled in a scandal down the line or even give rulings that are not necessarily 'conservative'.

It is a pity you still cannot understand why religion and politics do not mix. I can only laugh at the stupidity of this statement that a party would win culture wars because they won the presidency. Since when has the cultural direction of a country depended on its president ? Even monarchies and dictators are often not culturally influential talk less of western democracies that have their cornerstone in freedom of expression and individual rights of the individual.

Even Trump himself is not that stupid, perhaps Trump's 'genius' is that he accurately identified the groups that could be easily manipulated this way and had no scruples in manipulating them so ruthlessly while his opponents were still pontificating on the rights and wrongs of such exploitation of the gullible.
Is that not what politics is about?. What do you think happened in the Presidential election of this Contraption in 2015?. 5k unemployment benefit massively brought out the unemployed. One meal a day in schools brought out the poverty downtrodden that have 'crowds as children' in school. 'It should not take a serious government more than 6 months to give uninterrupted power supply' slogan brought out those that had not seen light in many years. 'Should our currency be exchanging for N216' massively brought out those that were looking for lower exchange rate for jollification. 'Should an oil producing nation be buying fuel for N86' massively brought out those that had those fuel consuming US disused jalopies jeeps that were dumped on us an so on and so forth.

Want things to change fast ? ..... put all politicians at all levels on minimum wage.

Last edited by migiets; 30th November 2016 at 11:38 AM.
Old 30th November 2016, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by migiets View Post
Is that not what politics is about?. What do you think happened in the Presidential election of this Contraption in 2015?. 5k unemployment benefit massively brought out the unemployed. One meal a day in schools brought out the poverty downtrodden that have 'crowds as children' in school. 'It should not take a serious government more than 6 months to give uninterrupted power supply' slogan brought out those that had not seen light in many years. 'Should our currency be exchanging for N216' massively brought out those that were looking for lower exchange rate for jollification. 'Should an oil producing nation be buying fuel for N86' massively brought out those that had those fuel consuming US disused jalopies jeeps that were dumped on us an so on and so forth.
There is a lot of truth in what you say. I personally find being motivated to vote for want of a better life and disatisfaction with poverty and hardshp 'progressive' even if it is prone to manipulation as you point out but being motivated to vote for anti-immigration, misguided morality (in winning a theoretical culture war that attempts to dictate to people how they should live their lives in terms of decisions that solely concern them and no other persons)and other such reasons I personally consider retrogressive although society might indeed need some pauses along the way to once again understand and re-orient themselves by reminding themselves why certain paths were chosen in the past and why certain behaviour and rhetoric were disavowed in the interest of all and sundry.

That is why I am not seriously afraid for the US, I see the Trump phenomenon as just a speed bump along the way. That society was probably moviing too fast and needs some of its people to catch up. It is then left to Trump to either walk his talk or disappoint those who believed his rhetoric. I know which one is 'better' for him but he is damned anyway based on his own statements during the campaigns. If his sole objective was to become a US president, he has certainly achieved that (pending any late unusual circumstances), if he however wants to be a fondly remembered one, he's set himself a steep hill to climb as his losing the popular vote so widely shows.
He still has 4 years to turn it around though.

Last edited by duduspace; 30th November 2016 at 12:48 PM.
Old 30th November 2016, 01:41 PM
Points: 1,356, Level: 20 Points: 1,356, Level: 20 Points: 1,356, Level: 20
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
.yomikuri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Oh, we are talking about sustained market rally (NYSE), vs market crash (NSE), not some market blips
and some people were predicring dooms day for nyse before. They won equate nigeria sysrem and american system
Old 30th November 2016, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duduspace View Post
There is a lot of truth in what you say. I personally find being motivated to vote for want of a better life and disatisfaction with poverty and hardshp 'progressive' even if it is prone to manipulation as you point out but being motivated to vote for anti-immigration, misguided morality (in winning a theoretical culture war that attempts to dictate to people how they should live their lives in terms of decisions that solely concern them and no other persons)and other such reasons I personally consider retrogressive although society might indeed need some pauses along the way to once again understand and re-orient themselves by reminding themselves why certain paths were chosen in the past and why certain behaviour and rhetoric were disavowed in the interest of all and sundry.

That is why I am not seriously afraid for the US, I see the Trump phenomenon as just a speed bump along the way. That society was probably moviing too fast and needs some of its people to catch up. It is then left to Trump to either walk his talk or disappoint those who believed his rhetoric. I know which one is 'better' for him but he is damned anyway based on his own statements during the campaigns. If his sole objective was to become a US president, he has certainly achieved that (pending any late unusual circumstances), if he however wants to be a fondly remembered one, he's set himself a steep hill to climb as his losing the popular vote so widely shows.
He still has 4 years to turn it around though.
Just like the people of UK were complaining of people joining Euro and coming to take their jobs away and then wanted a Brexit, the same way some US people were complaining of open borders that made people come in to take their jobs away. So, they voted for somebody who said that he will solve the problem by building a wall and stop those people. QED.

Btw, you might be surprised by Trump not actually building the wall and giving excuses of funds not left by Obama just as the price of petrol that CHANGE said that was too high for the masses has now almost doubled.

Last edited by migiets; 30th November 2016 at 01:57 PM.
Old 30th November 2016, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .yomikuri View Post
and some people were predicring dooms day for nyse before. They won equate nigeria sysrem and american system
Why on earth would anyone predict doomsday for the NYSE based on the outcome of the US elections ?
Na today US just start to dey do elections ?
Old 30th November 2016, 03:10 PM
Points: 5,577, Level: 48 Points: 5,577, Level: 48 Points: 5,577, Level: 48
Activity: 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
dupeodus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Why then are the liberals livid? Why is Obama petrified of what Trump can do to his legacy?

For your information, the power of a potus (president of the United states) is enormous. For a start, the immoral liberals have just lost the culture war

Trump will remake America for decades to come. Watch out for his supreme court nominees soon.

There will be no stopping of his agenda, as the republicans control the Senate, house of reps, and a vast majority of state executives as well.

Oga waan, me predicted a Clinton landslide? Then you know very little about me. The closest to any prediction I made on the US elections is when I said I will be worried if you supported Clinton because you are known to support presidential losers. By the way, I live in Chicago and not in the east coast. By virtue of my travelling work, I have had the opportunity to be in the hinterland during the 2012 presidential election and the 2014 midterm elections, so I know how they think. So, that showed me clearly that Clinton stood a risk of loosing the election if the Bennie supporters remain stubborn or the hatred of her by extreme liberals push then to either vote for a third party or not come out to vote and this is exactly what happened. The white blue collar economic theory is a bogus theory. The voting pattern of whites in this election is consistent with the pattern in both presidential and midterm elections as far back as 2000 as 61 percent for Republicans and 39 percent for Democrats except for 2008 which went 58 to 42 which I think was because of the economic crises that happened under Republican administration. The only reason for the Obama victories of 2008 and 2012 was the large turn out of minorities which did not happen for Clinton.
The Following User Says Thank You to dupeodus For This Useful Post:
waaan5 (1st December 2016)
Old 30th November 2016, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dupeodus View Post
Oga waan, me predicted a Clinton landslide? Then you know very little about me. The closest to any prediction I made on the US elections is when I said I will be worried if you supported Clinton because you are known to support presidential losers. By the way, I live in Chicago and not in the east coast. By virtue of my travelling work, I have had the opportunity to be in the hinterland during the 2012 presidential election and the 2014 midterm elections, so I know how they think. So, that showed me clearly that Clinton stood a risk of loosing the election if the Bennie supporters remain stubborn or the hatred of her by extreme liberals push then to either vote for a third party or not come out to vote and this is exactly what happened. The white blue collar economic theory is a bogus theory. The voting pattern of whites in this election is consistent with the pattern in both presidential and midterm elections as far back as 2000 as 61 percent for Republicans and 39 percent for Democrats except for 2008 which went 58 to 42 which I think was because of the economic crises that happened under Republican administration. The only reason for the Obama victories of 2008 and 2012 was the large turn out of minorities which did not happen for Clinton.
cc: Oga Dudu.

Oga Dudu, can you see a deep analysis. You are here blaming those that went to vote for somebody that want to build a wall while you are silent on those that will be affected but refused to come out to counter the votes.

Old 30th November 2016, 09:05 PM
Points: 12,508, Level: 73 Points: 12,508, Level: 73 Points: 12,508, Level: 73
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Babs_O will become famous soon enough

Quote:
That is why i wonder why our NSE did not rally with the CHANGE matra. Afterall, the CHANGE leader was supposed to be a better and upright person than Trump.
The market has spoken there is no positive CHANGE to increase national wealth to warrant hope for investors to make gains by contributing their investments in building the increased national wealth. The market sees negative CHANGE in the economy. That is it sees increased national poverty.
The standard of living of any society is based on the goods and services available therein. The result of business ventures. My prayer is for God's mercy to save us from the hands of Nigerians who come to leadership positions to set the country backwards.
Old 30th November 2016, 09:59 PM

Quote:
cc: Oga Dudu.

Oga Dudu, can you see a deep analysis. You are here blaming those that went to vote for somebody that want to build a wall while you are silent on those that will be affected but refused to come out to counter the votes.
I didn't blame anybody o, abeg where you see me blame person for voting as they see fit ? What I said was that Trump's rhetoric isn't right and I expected the public to vote against him, it was Clinton who called his supporters deplorable and not duduspace.
Perhaps some of those who voted for him heard beyond the rhetoric, na dem know. What I know is that the kind of statements he utttered during the election was wrong and that is evidenced in the fact that the majority of the US population actually didn't vote for him meaning that a majority of the people in the US didn't like that line of talking.
I am not bothered about who actually is the next President of the US, I have virtually no stake in that country and I'm not so bothered by that unlike some other Nigerians.
Infact, the US having a bad president might actually be a blessing in disguise for me because it will likely keep both the Pound and oil prices high which Nigeria badly needs at this point in time (that is me speaking solely from a selfish point of view. )

Last edited by duduspace; 30th November 2016 at 10:04 PM.
Old 30th November 2016, 11:25 PM
Points: 6,597, Level: 53 Points: 6,597, Level: 53 Points: 6,597, Level: 53

Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
MissedOpportunities is on a distinguished road

Quote:

How I wish our own President can make nominees to the Supreme court. We would have been on a path to being free from Corruption
Old 1st December 2016, 12:38 AM

Oil prices are surging as OPEC hashes out a deal to cut production

Good news for the Nigerian Economy. Between 40 and 50 would have been okay, between 50 and 60 even better. Would help exit the recession quicker.
Old 1st December 2016, 06:22 AM
Forum Moderator
Points: 32,506, Level: 100 Points: 32,506, Level: 100 Points: 32,506, Level: 100

Groans: 18
Groaned at 14 Times in 13 Posts
waaan5 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Thanks dear. You did not use the word 'landslide' while predicting a Clinton win. But you did write off Trump, and predicted a Clinton win

Quote:
Not this time. What is happening in the Gop is unprecedented. Never has a prominent figure in the party go after the party's fore runner as Mitt Romney did. I do not see the party being able to rally around a candidate in the elections this time. As someone posted of fb, the gop got in bed with Sarah Palin in 2008 and the product in 2016 is Donald Trump. The hand writing was on the wall in 2008 when John McCain had to shut down a woman that claimed Obama is a muslim in one of his rallies. I parted with the gop in 2008 and predicted in 2012 that the Tea Party will destroy the gop. It is happening faster than I thought. Decent people in the GOP are remembering that evil triumphs when good people keep quiet. The way things are now, it is either Donald Trump becomes the gop nominee and a lot of Republicans stay home or Donald Trump becomes an independent candidate. Either way, only the Fbi's email investigation stands between Hillary Clinton and the presidency.
Old 1st December 2016, 06:40 AM
Forum Moderator
Points: 32,506, Level: 100 Points: 32,506, Level: 100 Points: 32,506, Level: 100

Customs CG cries out: No line demarcating Nigeria’s borders with neighbours - Vanguard News
this part of the reasons why Nigeria will remain a poor and ill secured country.

We need a high WALL separating the NW/NE from Niger and Chad. If we want to make progress
Old 1st December 2016, 06:42 AM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissedOpportunities View Post
How I wish our own President can make nominees to the Supreme court. We would have been on a path to being free from Corruption
It is now the Supreme Court that is the problem of corruption. No longer GEJ

Is it the corruption of the supreme Court that has rendered the economy comatose?

Make una continue the blame game. Bihari never accepts responsibility
Old 1st December 2016, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Customs CG cries out: No line demarcating Nigeria’s borders with neighbours - Vanguard News
this part of the reasons why Nigeria will remain a poor and ill secured country.

We need a high WALL separating the NW/NE from Niger and Chad. If we want to make progress

Maybe we will have a Nigeria Trump in 2019 to campaign with that.

Old 1st December 2016, 08:51 AM

Quote:
I hope you know that your President's party control both arms of the NASS and also controls more than 2/3 of the states and state assemblies. I hope you also know that the constitution is not rigid and has a provision for amendment.

Old 1st December 2016, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Quote:
It is now the Supreme Court that is the problem of corruption. No longer GEJ

Is it the corruption of the supreme Court that has rendered the economy comatose?

Make una continue the blame game. Bihari never accepts responsibility