StockMarketNigeria.com Forums

StockMarketNigeria.com Forums (http://www.stockmarketnigeria.com/forums/)
-   Petroleum, Gas & Oil Stocks (http://www.stockmarketnigeria.com/forums/petroleum-gas-oil-stocks/)
-   -   ConOil (http://www.stockmarketnigeria.com/forums/petroleum-gas-oil-stocks/1377-conoil.html)

paragon 30th May 2007 04:09 PM

The future of Conoil

hi Guys,

Conoil recently acquired 2 oil blocs. This will see the company move into the upstream sector of the oil industry. It will also enable them control some of the operations and boost profit. The same goes for Oando. I think we had better consider and possibly buy some units for medium-long term.

Lets get more views on this:D

Kelvin 5th June 2007 09:11 PM

Consolidated oil ltd has been producing oil b4 now ( about 40,000 bopd). Note that this company is defferent from the marketing arm and is not in NSE. Most petroleum product sold now by Conoil in Nigeria are imported, hence new lease acquisition should not influence price of conoil in NSE.

Avocado 6th June 2007 03:55 AM

Of producing and marketing 'oil' companies

Makes sense. Just like Mobil Oil vs. Mobil Producing, and Chevron Oil vs.Chevron Nig. Ltd.: the prospecting and exploitation isn't mixing with the marketing.

c kenneths 7th July 2007 02:40 AM

Whenever I see the name conoil, I get a feeling, I made losses in conoil from my brokers advice while starting out investing, since then buying conoil has not been easy for me. I hope to get over this.

paragon 7th July 2007 12:48 PM

i think the mistake most of us make is that we listen to everything people tell us without even asking some queations before we take action. That isnot a wise decision. Conoil is a medium to long term stock, but everybody is too concerned with immediate gains that they invest in all manner of stocks without a clear cut purpose for doing so.

c kenneths 8th July 2007 10:10 AM

Yeah, especially when we are starting out as new investors, thats why I always ask new investors their objectives, this should be clear from the onset to avoid changing strategies mid way.
If I had bought conoil for long term purposes, I wouldn't have sold simply because the price dropped a bit.

wanaj0 8th July 2007 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paragon (Post 3519)
i think the mistake most of us make is that we listen to everything people tell us without even asking some queations before we take action. That isnot a wise decision. Conoil is a medium to long term stock, but everybody is too concerned with immediate gains that they invest in all manner of stocks without a clear cut purpose for doing so.

In fairness, there was a change in policy that affected the oil marketing companies.

Initial plan was for FULL deregulation of the oil sector. This was big opportunity for the oil marketing companies. Most plan to start importation hence they built depots and receiving terminals. Now the FG did a policy sommersault. The political will to carry on with the deregulation was lacking. With increase in crude oil prices the government cannot increase the prices of petroleum products accordingly. This ate into the margins of the oil marketing companies. That's why almost all of them are struggling.

Right now, I can't see the hope for any of them. For those that bought the OandO PO at about 95.00 some 3 years ago imagine the loss!!!! Now is the time to cut losses and move ahead. No point getting attached to any particular stock.

Until there is FULL deregulation of the oil sector, petroleum marketing companies should be avoided. The margins are getting smaller everyday.

ajifowowe adeyemi 11th July 2007 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paragon (Post 1951)
hi Guys,

Conoil recently acquired 2 oil blocs. This will see the company move into the upstream sector of the oil industry. It will also enable them control some of the operations and boost profit. The same goes for Oando. I think we had better consider and possibly buy some units for medium-long term.

Lets get more views on this:D

Should Conoil new prospect advise anyone to invest?
I have never thought of an oil company in my life.

moninuola2000 18th July 2007 03:05 PM

oando is bit different

oando's case is a bit different.They recently consolidated both their upstream and downstream divisions as well as gas,power and others under the umbrella of OANDO Holdings. This new entity will be listed on the Nigeria stock exchange under a new category called Energy. The existing OANDO under the pet marketing sector will be delisted.
For me, the upstream and gas divisions will on the long term contribute more to the bottom line of oando than downstream. The EPS of the enlarged entity for example is N6.7 which gives a P\E of 13 based on current OANDO prices. Hence, that stock is highly undervalued. I did not buy the original public offer cos i was aware the price then was inflated so that they could pay up some of the debt they incurred in buying out AGIP, i recently moved in on OANDO shares though,,

wanaj0 6th August 2007 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moninuola2000 (Post 3910)
oando's case is a bit different.They recently consolidated both their upstream and downstream divisions as well as gas,power and others under the umbrella of OANDO Holdings. This new entity will be listed on the Nigeria stock exchange under a new category called Energy. The existing OANDO under the pet marketing sector will be delisted.
For me, the upstream and gas divisions will on the long term contribute more to the bottom line of oando than downstream. The EPS of the enlarged entity for example is N6.7 which gives a P\E of 13 based on current OANDO prices. Hence, that stock is highly undervalued. I did not buy the original public offer cos i was aware the price then was inflated so that they could pay up some of the debt they incurred in buying out AGIP, i recently moved in on OANDO shares though,,

All your estimate is based on the document prepared by OandO. Nothing to show that they will achieve that. The restructuring is basically to increase Ocean and Oil holdings in OandO. Nothing more.

Well, it may sound strange, oil companies are making more money from downstream than from upstream. Just check the quarterly result just released by the multinational oil companies!

c kenneths 22nd September 2007 12:29 AM

does conoil still have a future?

After I went through the result of ths oil company, I shook my head and wondered if this company still have any future.

What is really to blame for this declining margins, abi militants dey harrass them oil fields?

wanaj0 24th September 2007 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c kenneths (Post 6012)
After I went through the result of ths oil company, I shook my head and wondered if this company still have any future.

What is really to blame for this declining margins, abi militants dey harrass them oil fields?

Government policy sommersault is affecting ALL teh petroleum marketing companies. Failure to deregulate means reduction in volume of business and thinner margins. Difficult times for them.

faoogoke 14th April 2008 02:15 PM

ConOil

Friends,
I have a friend who discovered that his late father had shares of the former National Oil. The question is what is the new name the new owners of the company gave to it. I am not sure if it's Oando or Conoil. Please assist.

mammyahmed 14th April 2008 02:25 PM

National Oil

Hello

The new name for National Oil is Conoil

Rgds,

faoogoke 14th April 2008 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mammyahmed (Post 15909)
Hello

The new name for National Oil is Conoil

Rgds,

Thanks. Thought as much.

DaInvestor 14th April 2008 02:42 PM

national oil is now conoil

faoogoke 14th April 2008 03:40 PM

One more question. Who are the registrar of Conoil?

5959olu 15th April 2008 08:29 AM

i think it is First Registrars but would be nice to confirm with them.

GOSPEL OLOGBO 25th April 2008 12:30 PM

Any News about Conoil?

Helo folks i want to know some fact about Conoil, tho their share price is depreciating and i wanted to put in my money for any capital apreciation or EPS. Please can any one give me a hint?

BLUEMONEY 25th April 2008 07:14 PM

Conoil & The Bear Market

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOSPEL OLOGBO (Post 16752)
Helo folks i want to know some fact about Conoil, tho their share price is depreciating and i wanted to put in my money for any capital apreciation or EPS. Please can any one give me a hint?

the share price is falling because the market is bearish & investors are taken profit. we are still expecting thier financials to hit the market & if it is good, the stock may rally or at least find support in the face of the bear. if the financials are poor, then expect the stock price to go south. CHEERS.