Go Back   StockMarketNigeria.com Forums > Foreign Investments & Special Funds > Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT)

Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT) A REIT is a company that invests in real estate and distributes its income to shareholders e.g SkyeShelter REIT, UNHOMES/GMA REIT.

Welcome to the StockMarketNigeria.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 27th November 2012, 03:19 PM
Forum Moderator
Points: 41,862, Level: 100 Points: 41,862, Level: 100 Points: 41,862, Level: 100
Activity: 48%
Activity: 48% Activity: 48% Activity: 48%

Groans: 18
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
knightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: future of real estate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
Why don't you buy a less than N1,000-Road traffic handbook and read. Know all the signs. Know the lane where you will be while driving, turning etc. Most of us get driver's license without knowing these and that is why we 'contribute' to these people for breaking the law. Ensure that your lights(reverse,headlamp,brake,turn signal) are working properly.Have all the necessary accessories in your vehicle which VIO & FRSC officers check. The Road traffic handbook would really help you save money monthly.

I can see you spend more 'contributing' to these guys!
You have no idea. 70% of the one-way roads in Lagos, as at the last time I drove on Lagos roads, do not have the one-way sign. But drive enter and you will have to drop for Lastma.

There are some traffic lights that turn from green to red with a millisecond yellow and while you are moving at top speed thinking you are driving through a green light, the yellow will flash once and turn red. Then you will have to drop for Lastma.

There are many roads with constant hold up in Lagos with traffic lights that are positioned in such a way that while you are in the middle of the road about to cross to the other side in the crawling traffic, the light will turn red. You cannot go forward because the light is red and you cannot go back because there is another car behind you in the hold up. You are right in the middle of the road blocking other vehicles. Whether you like it or not, you will have to drop for Lastma.

In Lagos, forget about not breaking the traffic rules because you always will, not matter how careful you think you are. You will always drop for Lastma.

"Pursue excellence and success will follow, pants down" - Ranchoddas Shamaldas Chanchad

"People do not have to believe in you for you to succeed. Work hard. When you succeed, they will believe." - Stephen Keshi
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 27th November 2012, 03:36 PM
Points: 16,547, Level: 82 Points: 16,547, Level: 82 Points: 16,547, Level: 82
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Groans: 0
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
emmanuel ewumi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofdelta View Post
You have no idea. 70% of the one-way roads in Lagos, as at the last time I drove on Lagos roads, do not have the one-way sign. But drive enter and you will have to drop for Lastma.

There are some traffic lights that turn from green to red with a millisecond yellow and while you are moving at top speed thinking you are driving through a green light, the yellow will flash once and turn red. Then you will have to drop for Lastma.

There are many roads with constant hold up in Lagos with traffic lights that are positioned in such a way that while you are in the middle of the road about to cross to the other side in the crawling traffic, the light will turn red. You cannot go forward because the light is red and you cannot go back because there is another car behind you in the hold up. You are right in the middle of the road blocking other vehicles. Whether you like it or not, you will have to drop for Lastma.

In Lagos, forget about not breaking the traffic rules because you always will, not matter how careful you think you are. You will always drop for Lastma.

Lagosians fear LASTMA and VIO more than police or FRSC. If youir car should break down, LASTMA will charge you 10k to tow the vehicle, if it is a truck you will pay between 50k and 100k.
The last time I had a flat tyre on Mobolaji Bank Anthony, I had barely spent 5 minutes changing my car that LASTMA towing vehicle came, if no be say i use lagos sense man for drop .
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 27th November 2012, 04:19 PM

Estate Agents Decry Increase of Quacks, Articles | THISDAY LIVE
Old 27th November 2012, 04:21 PM

How to sell a property — The Punch - Nigeria's Most Widely Read Newspaper
Old 27th November 2012, 04:35 PM
Points: 14,937, Level: 79 Points: 14,937, Level: 79 Points: 14,937, Level: 79
Activity: 91%
Activity: 91% Activity: 91% Activity: 91%

Groaned at 10 Times in 10 Posts
migiets is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmanuel ewumi View Post
Lagosians fear LASTMA and VIO more than police or FRSC. If youir car should break down, LASTMA will charge you 10k to tow the vehicle, if it is a truck you will pay between 50k and 100k.
The last time I had a flat tyre on Mobolaji Bank Anthony, I had barely spent 5 minutes changing my car that LASTMA towing vehicle came, if no be say i use lagos sense man for drop .
Abeg, tell us the lagos sense that you used to overcome LASTMA so that i fit use am in case.
Old 27th November 2012, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by migiets View Post
Abeg, tell us the lagos sense that you used to overcome LASTMA so that i fit use am in case.
I asked if dem sabi Ashade and Aromire families, wey get the land from Ogba to Agege and Ikeja, I tell dem say i be their in-law, Onigbongbo family dey go my church and i mentioned 4 names. My class mate at UNILAG na Oga for Chief of Staff Office for Alausa etc. I spoke polish Yoruba and English, at the end of the day they just left me.

As a matter of fact my car did not break down, i only changed a flat tyre which i don't think i spent 10 minutes doing.
Old 28th November 2012, 06:48 AM
Forum Moderator
Points: 26,995, Level: 97 Points: 26,995, Level: 97 Points: 26,995, Level: 97
Activity: 79%
Activity: 79% Activity: 79% Activity: 79%

Groaned at 17 Times in 17 Posts
Oracle is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Based on what you described, then it is very possible to be caught by these officers.

Why can't Lagos State introduce timed traffic light? It counts down and you will know when to stop or accelerate.

For the one-way signs, these should be clearly visible at the beginning(One-way sign) and end of the road(Do-not-enter sign). Along the road, if there are intersections, then the sign should also be placed there.

Anyway, in this country, they would always want you to make mistake so that one would be caught.
Old 28th November 2012, 06:52 AM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmanuel ewumi

Quote:
I asked if dem sabi Ashade and Aromire families, wey get the land from Ogba to Agege and Ikeja, I tell dem say i be their in-law, Onigbongbo family dey go my church and i mentioned 4 names. My class mate at UNILAG na Oga for Chief of Staff Office for Alausa etc. I spoke polish Yoruba and English, at the end of the day they just left me.

As a matter of fact my car did not break down, i only changed a flat tyre which i don't think i spent 10 minutes doing.

Why don't you buy a tyre pump? It cost 10K! And it would pump your flat tyre in less than 5 minutes. This would enable you drive out from the lane to side streets/road where you could easily park or to vulcanizer's shop.

Except if you have a torn tyre, that is when the tyre pump wouldn't inflate your tyre.
Old 28th November 2012, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Why don't you buy a tyre pump? It cost 10K! And it would pump your flat tyre in less than 5 minutes. This would enable you drive out from the lane to side streets/road where you could easily park or to vulcanizer's shop.

Except if you have a torn tyre, that is when the tyre pump wouldn't inflate your tyre.
What is the difference between the 5 minutes spent pumping the tyre, and the less than 10 minutes spent changing the tyre. In some roads in lagos, you can not afford to wait even for a minute.

Last edited by emmanuel ewumi; 28th November 2012 at 10:18 AM.
Old 28th November 2012, 10:10 AM
Forum Moderator
Points: 16,563, Level: 82 Points: 16,563, Level: 82 Points: 16,563, Level: 82
Activity: 23%
Activity: 23% Activity: 23% Activity: 23%

Groans: 1
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
waaan5 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
And when your friend is called in the dead of the night, he will still board a BRT!

I'm presuming that when he leaves his house, a-N50 bus/cab will be waiting for him to take him to BRT Dopemu. At BRT Dopemu, he is not on any queue to board the BRT bus to CMS. And from TBS, there is no rain/sunshine to the Island maternity.

If the guy spends N4000 refuelling his car, assume this cost is per week. If the man spends N500 per day, for 7-days(1week), he must have spent N3,500 on Transportation. So he basically saved N500. And I want to believe that the N500 saved is for the sun that heats him, the pure water that he pours on his head under the sun, the long wait for bus at his bus-stop, the long wait for BRT buses.

It is economical to walk on barefoot than wearing a shoe!
Yes, later the man will want to earn the salary of an 'NRC' worker who is putting in his best!

What is happening is that he does not care when he gets to work, since he works at the government hospital.

He can waste the whole day on a BRT queue, and he gives no qualms, so he can save. I can bet that this man gets one form of car allowance or the other, but he is happy to divert same and queue for BRT. Typically he will be in the fore front of those complaining of corruption and waste in government.

Last edited by waaan5; 28th November 2012 at 10:12 AM.
Old 28th November 2012, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waaan5 View Post
Yes, later the man will want to earn the salary of an 'NRC' worker who is putting in his best!

What is happening is that he does not care when he gets to work, since he works at the government hospital.

He can waste the whole day on a BRT queue, and he gives no qualms, so he can save. I can bet that this man gets one form of car allowance or the other, but he is happy to divert same and queue for BRT.
i don't think he is concerned with with little change saved, but with the peace of mind of not driving from Egbeda to the island and spending over 2 hour behind the wheels. Imagine the stress of driving from Magodo to Ajah every working day.

I think government needs to enlarge the scope of BRT all over the city, when BRT is really effective it will reduce the number of cars on the road on workdays.
Old 28th November 2012, 11:29 AM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
What is the difference between the 5 minutes spent pumping the tyre, and the less than 10 minutes spent changing the tyre. In some roads in lagos, you can not afford to wait even for a minute.
In all roads over the world, you can wait for some time or drive to the road shoulder(which our roads don't have) during breakdown or problem with your vehicle.

What if you bring out your spare tyre to replace and you find out that it doesn't have air, what do you do? There is a whole lot of difference between pumping and changing of tyres. There is no stress while using the cigarette lighter-powered pump but you will be so stressed using the jack and wheel spanner.

Just try and buy a pump and you will see how easy life is!
Old 28th November 2012, 11:31 AM
Forum Moderator

Quote:

He can waste the whole day on a BRT queue, and he gives no qualms, so he can save. I can bet that this man gets one form of car allowance or the other, but he is happy to divert same and queue for BRT. Typically he will be in the fore front of those complaining of corruption and waste in government.
So na govt. hospital im dey describe? Na wah for Braa Emma o! The man fit no go work sef!
Old 28th November 2012, 12:35 PM
Forum Moderator
Points: 41,862, Level: 100 Points: 41,862, Level: 100 Points: 41,862, Level: 100
Activity: 48%
Activity: 48% Activity: 48% Activity: 48%

Groans: 18
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
knightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

The more you post, the more I understand the mindset of a billionaire...

And you claim to live in AJ City...

"Pursue excellence and success will follow, pants down" - Ranchoddas Shamaldas Chanchad

"People do not have to believe in you for you to succeed. Work hard. When you succeed, they will believe." - Stephen Keshi
Old 28th November 2012, 02:40 PM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
The more you post, the more I understand the mindset of a billionaire...

And you claim to live in AJ City...
Bros, AJ no be city oh! Na Area. So I no be city man at all, at all, I be area 'boy'

And waaan5 a billionaire? If I friend person, who knows person, who has person, who owns 1.1 billion naira; I go faint!!!

Last edited by waaan5; 28th November 2012 at 02:55 PM.
Old 28th November 2012, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Bros, AJ no be city oh! Na Area. So I no be city man at all, at all, I be area 'boy'

And waaan5 a billionaire? If I friend person, who knows person, who has person, who owns 1.1 billion naira; I go faint!!!
Why you go faint? 1.1 billion in what context, is it in cash or networth?
Old 28th November 2012, 03:46 PM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Why you go faint? 1.1 billion in what context, is it in cash or networth?
In cash, or kind or both - I go faint (from excitement) because I remotely know a big man who is exposed to so much wealth, when compared to the stipends paid by mama Ejiro for we bukka (my working place), here in AJ area.

Last edited by waaan5; 28th November 2012 at 03:50 PM.
Old 28th November 2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
In cash, or kind or both - I go faint because I can not imagine, comprehend, fathom, understand, etc, how a human being (remotely) known by me could be exposed to so much wealth, while I manage to get by from these stipends paid by mama Ejiro for we bukka (my working place), here in AJ area.
If the 1.1 billion Naira is in networth that should not a big deal for a hard working and smart 65 years old Man who is married to a hard working and smart 62 years old woman.
Old 28th November 2012, 03:53 PM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
If the 1.1 billion Naira is in networth that should not a big deal for a hard working and smart 65 years old Man who is married to a hard working and smart 62 years old woman.
Hmmm! 65yrs and 62 yrs rich couple and still working very hard! Who go enjoy the loot? I dont get it.
Old 28th November 2012, 03:57 PM
Points: 5,650, Level: 48 Points: 5,650, Level: 48 Points: 5,650, Level: 48
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
afolabi27 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Is that you sir? I dobale O.

But nowadays sha, boys are looking very hard for that figure in their mid 40s. 'that's the reason I dey hussle everyday" as one musician sang.