Go Back   StockMarketNigeria.com Forums > Nigerian Stocks > Banking Stocks > Zenith Bank

Zenith Bank Discuss the Zenith Bank Stock

Welcome to the StockMarketNigeria.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1181 (permalink)  
Old 4th March 2012, 07:25 PM
Salida's Avatar
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 41,861, Level: 100
Points: 41,861, Level: 100 Points: 41,861, Level: 100 Points: 41,861, Level: 100
Activity: 77%
Activity: 77% Activity: 77% Activity: 77%
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 17,454
Thanks: 271
Thanked 234 Times in 196 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 22
Salida is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Zenith Bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by winningteamxtra100 View Post
From the small knowledge I have, If you bought @ #33 and you would just break even @ #20 plus divs and bonus then its not actually profit.

Its is like buying and selling FBN shares on the same day @ the same price without considering stockholder fees.

Who ask me sef?
Sir Winningteamxtra100, before we jump into any conclusions it might be good not to only consider cost price in this discussion. Sir Pico did not reveal the volume that was bought @33 and what has been done ever since that volume was bought.
__________________
The cheapest stock in an overvalued market may still be overvalued
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Salida For This Useful Post:
Picolena66 (4th March 2012)
  #1182 (permalink)  
Old 4th March 2012, 07:26 PM
Picolena66's Avatar
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 18,705, Level: 86
Points: 18,705, Level: 86 Points: 18,705, Level: 86 Points: 18,705, Level: 86
Activity: 63%
Activity: 63% Activity: 63% Activity: 63%
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,549
Thanks: 186
Thanked 101 Times in 90 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 12 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 13
Picolena66 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Zenith Bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by winningteamxtra100 View Post
From the small knowledge I have, If you bought @ #33 and you would just break even @ #20 plus divs and bonus then its not actually profit.

Its is like buying and selling FBN shares on the same day @ the same price without considering stockholder fees.

Who ask me sef?
No one did but i will gladly answer

I bought them when they first came out - IPO

each year I have been given a dividend, which I have used to top my original investment......including the free share bonuses.

I have not used just the share bonus but dividend too, and if the share reaches N20 tomorrow and i sell I make a profit...friend

cannot reveal amounts right now......but who knows if we oneday become bossom buddies I will show the paper proof of the whole FBN transaction
__________________
"The only Real Wisdom is knowing you know Nothing" - Socrates - The Greek philosopher
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #1183 (permalink)  
Old 4th March 2012, 07:48 PM
nosa2's Avatar
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 39,636, Level: 100
Points: 39,636, Level: 100 Points: 39,636, Level: 100 Points: 39,636, Level: 100
Activity: 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lagos
Posts: 6,376
Thanks: 544
Thanked 247 Times in 222 Posts
Groans: 53
Groaned at 10 Times in 10 Posts
Blog Entries: 6
Rep Power: 12
nosa2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to nosa2 Send a message via Skype™ to nosa2
Default Re: Zenith Bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picolena66 View Post
No one did but i will gladly answer

I bought them when they first came out - IPO

each year I have been given a dividend, which I have used to top my original investment......including the free share bonuses.

I have not used just the share bonus but dividend too, and if the share reaches N20 tomorrow and i sell I make a profit...friend

cannot reveal amounts right now......but who knows if we oneday become bossom buddies I will show the paper proof of the whole FBN transaction
Just because you made money on first bank doesn't mean bonuses are an investment return
__________________
visit www.globalnigerian.com for my thoughts and recommendations
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #1184 (permalink)  
Old 4th March 2012, 07:53 PM
Picolena66's Avatar
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 18,705, Level: 86
Points: 18,705, Level: 86 Points: 18,705, Level: 86 Points: 18,705, Level: 86
Activity: 63%
Activity: 63% Activity: 63% Activity: 63%
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,549
Thanks: 186
Thanked 101 Times in 90 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 12 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 13
Picolena66 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Zenith Bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosa2 View Post
Just because you made money on first bank doesn't mean bonuses are an investment return
ok nosa - thanks for the above info - Happy Investing
__________________
"The only Real Wisdom is knowing you know Nothing" - Socrates - The Greek philosopher
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #1185 (permalink)  
Old 5th March 2012, 08:29 AM
Salida's Avatar
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 41,861, Level: 100
Points: 41,861, Level: 100 Points: 41,861, Level: 100 Points: 41,861, Level: 100
Activity: 77%
Activity: 77% Activity: 77% Activity: 77%
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 17,454
Thanks: 271
Thanked 234 Times in 196 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 22
Salida is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Zenith Bank

Zenith Bank Wins Corporate Governance Award, Articles | THISDAY LIVE
__________________
The cheapest stock in an overvalued market may still be overvalued
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #1186 (permalink)  
Old 6th March 2012, 03:04 PM
austine42007's Avatar
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 6,408, Level: 52
Points: 6,408, Level: 52 Points: 6,408, Level: 52 Points: 6,408, Level: 52
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 549
Thanks: 10
Thanked 18 Times in 13 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 7
austine42007 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Zenith Bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waves View Post
They have changed the date to next week Tuesday (6/3). And Oscar is talking about building a world class exchange when common 'house keeping' issues linger.
And today is Tuesday (6/3)

No Result?
__________________
Don't base your choices on surface level attraction, because "the good looks of a moron does not stay that way for long".
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #1187 (permalink)  
Old 6th March 2012, 05:17 PM
Waves's Avatar
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 11,357, Level: 70
Points: 11,357, Level: 70 Points: 11,357, Level: 70 Points: 11,357, Level: 70
Activity: 15%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,986
Thanks: 55
Thanked 220 Times in 161 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 7
Waves will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Zenith Bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by austine42007 View Post
And today is Tuesday (6/3)

No Result?
The have now changed the date to next week tuesday (13/3). Of course by now you get the drift.

Generally, capital (especially portfolio capital) dislikes uncertainty. This is why companies issue forecasts, quarterly results, profit warnings and earnings calendar. This is also why analyst say the stock market is a discounting mechanism not a predictive one.

How do you expect investors to come to our market when we cannot even remove the uncertainty that is within our control. Since i have known MTN, they always release their annual results in the first week of March every year unfailingly. 2011 results will be released tomorrow at 9:30am.

Someone mentioned that the release of results is not entirely within NSE control. This is exactly what a non-transformational leader will say. When SLS was doing his banking reform we all saw how NDIC, SEC and NSE fell in to line with his plans even though he had not control over these agencies. Oscar can continue sitting in his chair or making powerpoint presentations but investors are yet to feel him
__________________
“Successful investing is anticipating the anticipations of others.” (John Maynard Keynes quotes (English economist, journalist, and financier, 1883-1946)

Last edited by Waves; 6th March 2012 at 05:22 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #1188 (permalink)  
Old 6th March 2012, 06:24 PM
nosa2's Avatar
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 39,636, Level: 100
Points: 39,636, Level: 100 Points: 39,636, Level: 100 Points: 39,636, Level: 100
Activity: 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lagos
Posts: 6,376
Thanks: 544
Thanked 247 Times in 222 Posts
Groans: 53
Groaned at 10 Times in 10 Posts
Blog Entries: 6
Rep Power: 12
nosa2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to nosa2 Send a message via Skype™ to nosa2
Default Re: Zenith Bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waves View Post
The have now changed the date to next week tuesday (13/3). Of course by now you get the drift.

Generally, capital (especially portfolio capital) dislikes uncertainty. This is why companies issue forecasts, quarterly results, profit warnings and earnings calendar. This is also why analyst say the stock market is a discounting mechanism not a predictive one.

How do you expect investors to come to our market when we cannot even remove the uncertainty that is within our control. Since i have known MTN, they always release their annual results in the first week of March every year unfailingly. 2011 results will be released tomorrow at 9:30am.

Someone mentioned that the release of results is not entirely within NSE control. This is exactly what a non-transformational leader will say. When SLS was doing his banking reform we all saw how NDIC, SEC and NSE fell in to line with his plans even though he had not control over these agencies. Oscar can continue sitting in his chair or making powerpoint presentations but investors are yet to feel him
We're feeling his impact o! He's charging us for free information
__________________
visit www.globalnigerian.com for my thoughts and recommendations
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #1189 (permalink)  
Old 6th March 2012, 07:07 PM
knightofdelta's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 41,862, Level: 100
Points: 41,862, Level: 100 Points: 41,862, Level: 100 Points: 41,862, Level: 100
Activity: 48%
Activity: 48% Activity: 48% Activity: 48%
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,084
Thanks: 523
Thanked 637 Times in 512 Posts
Groans: 18
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Blog Entries: 11
Rep Power: 21
knightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Zenith Bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosa2 View Post
We're feeling his impact o! He's charging us for free information
Hold on a minute! I read somewhere on SMN that NSE is going to start charging for people to access quarterly results. I did not believe it. I just called some stockbrokers now and they are not sure either. I need a reference from the NSE if there is any on this because if it is true, it will simply signal the death of the Nigerian stock exchange.

By the way where is Nestle results sef?
__________________
The Knight of Delta

"Pursue excellence and success will follow, pants down" - Ranchoddas Shamaldas Chanchad

"People do not have to believe in you for you to succeed. Work hard. When you succeed, they will believe." - Stephen Keshi
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #1190 (permalink)  
Old 6th March 2012, 07:25 PM
solo66's Avatar
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 6,823, Level: 54
Points: 6,823, Level: 54 Points: 6,823, Level: 54 Points: 6,823, Level: 54
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 507
Thanks: 2
Thanked 51 Times in 44 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 8
solo66 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Zenith Bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofdelta View Post
Hold on a minute! I read somewhere on SMN that NSE is going to start charging for people to access quarterly results. I did not believe it. I just called some stockbrokers now and they are not sure either. I need a reference from the NSE if there is any on this because if it is true, it will simply signal the death of the Nigerian stock exchange.

By the way where is Nestle results sef?

Not really! The NSE still publishes results/company information on its website (bottom right corner of the home page).

But for their so-called analysis where you may have all those year high, low, PE, shares outstanding, etc one is now required to pay for them.

I think they ought to give out all company information, like authorized & outstanding shares, free of charge before selling their "analysis" to the public.

For Nestle and Nigerian Breweries latest results, I'm posting them on their respective threads ASAP.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #1191 (permalink)  
Old 6th March 2012, 07:32 PM
austine42007's Avatar
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 6,408, Level: 52
Points: 6,408, Level: 52 Points: 6,408, Level: 52 Points: 6,408, Level: 52
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 549
Thanks: 10
Thanked 18 Times in 13 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 7
austine42007 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Zenith Bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofdelta View Post
Hold on a minute! I read somewhere on SMN that NSE is going to start charging for people to access quarterly results. I did not believe it. I just called some stockbrokers now and they are not sure either. I need a reference from the NSE if there is any on this because if it is true, it will simply signal the death of the Nigerian stock exchange.

By the way where is Nestle results sef?

Please ooo, is NSE a private organisation?

Someone should read FIO Act out loud to NSE
__________________
Don't base your choices on surface level attraction, because "the good looks of a moron does not stay that way for long".
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #1192 (permalink)  
Old 6th March 2012, 07:49 PM
nosa2's Avatar
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 39,636, Level: 100
Points: 39,636, Level: 100 Points: 39,636, Level: 100 Points: 39,636, Level: 100
Activity: 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lagos
Posts: 6,376
Thanks: 544
Thanked 247 Times in 222 Posts
Groans: 53
Groaned at 10 Times in 10 Posts
Blog Entries: 6
Rep Power: 12
nosa2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to nosa2 Send a message via Skype™ to nosa2
Default Re: Zenith Bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo66 View Post
Not really! The NSE still publishes results/company information on its website (bottom right corner of the home page).

But for their so-called analysis where you may have all those year high, low, PE, shares outstanding, etc one is now required to pay for them.

I think they ought to give out all company information, like authorized & outstanding shares, free of charge before selling their "analysis" to the public.

For Nestle and Nigerian Breweries latest results, I'm posting them on their respective threads ASAP.
Which one be not really? Number of outstanding shares is free information na, quarterly results is free information, even list of directors is free information. So there's nothing like not really, just because they can use excel to create a spreadsheet doesn't amount to analysis and even if you argue that it does that doesn't give them the right to group it with information that's free.

I even registered and tried to find out how much it'll cost but the site is utterly useless, it just asks for my payment details without telling me how much I need to pay.
__________________
visit www.globalnigerian.com for my thoughts and recommendations
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #1193 (permalink)  
Old 7th March 2012, 10:58 AM
solo66's Avatar
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 6,823, Level: 54
Points: 6,823, Level: 54 Points: 6,823, Level: 54 Points: 6,823, Level: 54
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 507
Thanks: 2
Thanked 51 Times in 44 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 8
solo66 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Zenith Bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosa2 View Post
Which one be not really? Number of outstanding shares is free information na, quarterly results is free information, even list of directors is free information. So there's nothing like not really, just because they can use excel to create a spreadsheet doesn't amount to analysis and even if you argue that it does that doesn't give them the right to group it with information that's free.

I even registered and tried to find out how much it'll cost but the site is utterly useless, it just asks for my payment details without telling me how much I need to pay.
I said not really in response to a post insinuating that all information, including annual/quarterly results, is now for a fee to The NSE. What I mean is that such results are still being published on their website free of charge. But apart from results and pictures, no other info is available for free including common shares outstanding (bolded parts above!).
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #1194 (permalink)  
Old 9th March 2012, 11:39 AM
BigSeun's Avatar
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 34,246, Level: 100
Points: 34,246, Level: 100 Points: 34,246, Level: 100 Points: 34,246, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 314
Thanks: 44
Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 7
BigSeun will become famous soon enough
Default Zenith Bank - Audited Acct 2011

2011 2010
N'm N'm
Gross Earning 244,070.00 192,488.00
Operating Expenses 118,262.00 97,769.00
Dimultion in Assets 24,304.00 4,353.00
Profit before tax 60,698.00 50,026.00
Taxation 16,509.00 12,612.00
Profit after tax 44,189.00 37,414.00

Balance Sheet
Fixed Asset 68,838.00 66,318.00
Investment in Securities 309,459.00 210,345.00
Treasury Bills 516,142.00 298,869.00
Loans & Advances 832,828.00 713,285.00
Cash & Bank Balances 223,688.00 141,724.00
Other debit balances 358,472.00 464,486.00
Deposits 1,653,000.00 1,318,000.00
Other creditors balances 275,522.00 213,395.00
Net Asset 380,335.00 363,561.00


Dividend 95k
Closure date 26th - 30th March 2012
Payment date 5th April 2012
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BigSeun For This Useful Post:
knightofdelta (9th March 2012)
  #1195 (permalink)  
Old 9th March 2012, 12:04 PM
knightofdelta's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 41,862, Level: 100
Points: 41,862, Level: 100 Points: 41,862, Level: 100 Points: 41,862, Level: 100
Activity: 48%
Activity: 48% Activity: 48% Activity: 48%
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,084
Thanks: 523
Thanked 637 Times in 512 Posts
Groans: 18
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Blog Entries: 11
Rep Power: 21
knightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Zenith Bank - Audited Acct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSeun View Post
2011 2010
N'm N'm
Gross Earning 244,070.00 192,488.00
Operating Expenses 118,262.00 97,769.00
Dimultion in Assets 24,304.00 4,353.00
Profit before tax 60,698.00 50,026.00
Taxation 16,509.00 12,612.00
Profit after tax 44,189.00 37,414.00

Balance Sheet
Fixed Asset 68,838.00 66,318.00
Investment in Securities 309,459.00 210,345.00
Treasury Bills 516,142.00 298,869.00
Loans & Advances 832,828.00 713,285.00
Cash & Bank Balances 223,688.00 141,724.00
Other debit balances 358,472.00 464,486.00
Deposits 1,653,000.00 1,318,000.00
Other creditors balances 275,522.00 213,395.00
Net Asset 380,335.00 363,561.00


Dividend 95k
Closure date 26th - 30th March 2012
Payment date 5th April 2012
Zenith bank just provided a dividend yield of 7% and the market is acting as if nothing happened. The price even dropped from its day high of N13.99 to ... dang the price just crashed by 50kobo...!
__________________
The Knight of Delta

"Pursue excellence and success will follow, pants down" - Ranchoddas Shamaldas Chanchad

"People do not have to believe in you for you to succeed. Work hard. When you succeed, they will believe." - Stephen Keshi
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #1196 (permalink)  
Old 9th March 2012, 12:04 PM
cashrules's Avatar
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 9,242, Level: 64
Points: 9,242, Level: 64 Points: 9,242, Level: 64 Points: 9,242, Level: 64
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: london
Posts: 1,997
Thanks: 87
Thanked 68 Times in 60 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 8
cashrules is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Zenith Bank - Audited Acct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSeun View Post
2011 2010
N'm N'm
Gross Earning 244,070.00 192,488.00
Operating Expenses 118,262.00 97,769.00
Dimultion in Assets 24,304.00 4,353.00
Profit before tax 60,698.00 50,026.00
Taxation 16,509.00 12,612.00
Profit after tax 44,189.00 37,414.00

Balance Sheet
Fixed Asset 68,838.00 66,318.00
Investment in Securities 309,459.00 210,345.00
Treasury Bills 516,142.00 298,869.00
Loans & Advances 832,828.00 713,285.00
Cash & Bank Balances 223,688.00 141,724.00
Other debit balances 358,472.00 464,486.00
Deposits 1,653,000.00 1,318,000.00
Other creditors balances 275,522.00 213,395.00
Net Asset 380,335.00 363,561.00


Dividend 95k
Closure date 26th - 30th March 2012
Payment date 5th April 2012
Not that excellent!!!! I expect the market to beat it down to N10.......then we shall pounce!!

Good one to the Zenith guys sha for being the first to release results!!
__________________
“The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.”-William Arthur Ward
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #1197 (permalink)  
Old 9th March 2012, 12:10 PM
cashrules's Avatar
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 9,242, Level: 64
Points: 9,242, Level: 64 Points: 9,242, Level: 64 Points: 9,242, Level: 64
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: london
Posts: 1,997
Thanks: 87
Thanked 68 Times in 60 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 8
cashrules is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Zenith Bank - Audited Acct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofdelta View Post
Zenith bank just provided a dividend yield of 7% and the market is acting as if nothing happened. The price even dropped from its day high of N13.99 to ... dang the price just crashed by 50kobo...!
Bros... this shows you how much our mouth don wide reach for this market especially for banking stocks....

If the yield no reach 10%....Then no deal!

But with more than 30Million units already exchanged this morning.....am beggining to smell a rat!!! (but why would someone want to sell his Zenith Now?)
__________________
“The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.”-William Arthur Ward

Last edited by cashrules; 9th March 2012 at 12:25 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #1198 (permalink)  
Old 9th March 2012, 02:05 PM
horlads's Avatar
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 10,670, Level: 68
Points: 10,670, Level: 68 Points: 10,670, Level: 68 Points: 10,670, Level: 68
Activity: 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,149
Thanks: 119
Thanked 185 Times in 147 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 8
horlads is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Zenith Bank - Audited Acct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashrules View Post
Bros... this shows you how much our mouth don wide reach for this market especially for banking stocks....

If the yield no reach 10%....Then no deal!

But with more than 30Million units already exchanged this morning.....am beggining to smell a rat!!! (but why would someone want to sell his Zenith Now?)
I thank my stars I sold my tashere units yesterday...it's 10% or no deal. Not in the era where money market yields are well above 12%....

I will buy back when d market pounds it a bit...and if not, I'll look elsewhere...
__________________
when an earthworm begins to crawl like a millipede, it's time to run to the king's palace...naked! - horlads

A hen that leaves her chicks unguarded should not complain when the predatory hawk comes calling - horlads
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #1199 (permalink)  
Old 9th March 2012, 02:22 PM
knightofdelta's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 41,862, Level: 100
Points: 41,862, Level: 100 Points: 41,862, Level: 100 Points: 41,862, Level: 100
Activity: 48%
Activity: 48% Activity: 48% Activity: 48%
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,084
Thanks: 523
Thanked 637 Times in 512 Posts
Groans: 18
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Blog Entries: 11
Rep Power: 21
knightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of lightknightofdelta is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Zenith Bank - Audited Acct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by horlads View Post
I thank my stars I sold my tashere units yesterday...it's 10% or no deal. Not in the era where money market yields are well above 12%....

I will buy back when d market pounds it a bit...and if not, I'll look elsewhere...
All of una wey dey punish Zenithbank like this, I dey see una oo
__________________
The Knight of Delta

"Pursue excellence and success will follow, pants down" - Ranchoddas Shamaldas Chanchad

"People do not have to believe in you for you to succeed. Work hard. When you succeed, they will believe." - Stephen Keshi
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #1200 (permalink)  
Old 9th March 2012, 02:29 PM
faithgonuel's Avatar
Rank: Senior Member
Points: 7,010, Level: 55
Points: 7,010, Level: 55 Points: 7,010, Level: 55 Points: 7,010, Level: 55
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 958
Thanks: 25
Thanked 21 Times in 19 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 7
faithgonuel is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Zenith Bank - Audited Acct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by horlads View Post
I thank my stars I sold my tashere units yesterday...it's 10% or no deal. Not in the era where money market yields are well above 12%....

I will buy back when d market pounds it a bit...
and if not, I'll look elsewhere...

Bros, I have already started looking elsewhere and I can see Dangote Sugar at more than
14percent Dividend Yield

.....
__________________
Let my people rejoice
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply

« - | - »

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Zenith Bank Mutual Funds Saintbeng Mutual Funds, Bonds, Insurance 59 27th May 2008 02:53 PM
zenith ayo otesile Banking Stocks 2 10th December 2007 07:17 AM
Late entry into Zenith-To B(uy) or not to B(uy) oseitutu Banking Stocks 42 18th August 2007 06:55 PM
What Will Zenith Do? oseitutu Other Stocks & Investment strategies 4 18th July 2007 10:18 PM
Zenith Bank - Buyer Beware cfa Banking Stocks 1 29th June 2007 05:27 AM


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0
StockMarketNigeria.comAd Management plugin by RedTyger
no new posts

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37